Story Hatchet's Field

Hatchet

Blunt and Sharp
This is my dumping grounds for my art stuff. Why? 'Cause I can. Why here? 'Cause there's no where else. And I feel like it!

First up, maps

Map_3_by_MidnyhtNoon.jpg

This map goes with a Greek/Roman based story, following a female demi-god discovering herself and her power

Map_2_by_MidnyhtNoon.jpg

This map goes with a story where a former disciple of a cruel god tries to save a young girl who was bred to serve the god

Map_1_by_MidnyhtNoon.jpg

This map goes with a story where a royal couple in an arranged marriage have to learn to get along or the country will fall to a manipulative mage

More to come~

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice :) did you create the maps or based them on something ? As Borat would say " Izzz Nice " either way. ^^

I created them. I burn paper to create the coastlines and then trace them depending on what I need

This was written for a descriptive exercise for my Creative Writing class.

Title: Cold Tea

She sits in the kitchen alone, ankles crossed and tucked under the small square table, the unfettered sunlight of the outside world blocked by the dusky blue curtains, painting the kitchen in the sorrowed tone and tinting the pale flesh of her legs in the same shade. She smiles faintly over steaming tea, humming idly against the hot ceramic rim, the memory of his kiss burning on her lips.

Dark hair damp from a recent shower snaked down around her shoulders, seeping into the fabric of the shirt--his shirt, of course, and too big--with a wretched purple and green and yellow vertical stripped pattern, but it bore his scent and she had buried her nose in the sleeve more than once to inhale it. She wouldn't change into her own clothes until everything was done, until she was ready to go out, and some days that was not at all, but today she would. The breakfast dishes had been cleaned and dried and replaced, except her mug, which had been his mug but he left before he could drink it so she had settled at the table in his place, breathing in the blue serenity and his scent and the heat risen from the tea.

She sighs lightly and the whisps of steam shred away before she tips the cup to sip the just-below-boiling liquid. Her tongue is scalded and she wrinkles her nose unhappily, setting the flower-decorated mug on the wood patterned table top, rising in a graceful unfolding of slender limbs to begin her morning routine of making their home perfect, perfect for when he came home. And the tea would be cold before she finished and that would be just fine.

This was written for a story that belongs to Urbonov, a friend of mine. Aoife was created by me and given to him as a character.

Title: Kiss of Beauty

Aoife gazed across the city from a high balcony, the smoke of industry laying like a haze over the lower rooftops, the stink and noise unable to penetrate and rise to trouble her contemplation.

"Are you sure?" she asked softly of the physician slowly and quietly packing his bag. One of the few men she would trust with such knowledge, the man had been a field surgeon until he received the dubious promotion to royal medic on her unintentional recommendation to her father. Such a situation was to her favor right now when he needed to discern information she would reveal to just anyone yet.

"Completely," he answered crisp and even, straightening with militant precision. "If my lady has no more need of my service?"

"Yes, you may go," she permitted coolly. She felt no need to remind him of discretion; if she had she wouldn't have called on him at the outset. She swirled the brandy in her glass idly, listening for the closing door before setting down the crystalware of amber liquor.

"Is my lady displeased?" queried the soldier in the center of the spacious chamber, emotional inflection giving his voice an unintentional quaver. His hands locked together behind his back tightened reflexively and the brief narrowing of her eyes gave away that she noticed.

For a drawn out spell she did not answer him, looking him over with amber eyes not unlike a farmer inspecting a bull for slaughter or stud. Aoife examined the angles of his jaw and nose, firm and fine, the neatly trimmed beard and cropped hair of ruddy gold that when left to grow became tight curls. His flashing silver eyes had an exotic tilt and perfect almond shape, the bronze toned flesh only just beginning to line in his mid twenties. A scar marred the strong column of his throat but that wasn't inheritable. Deprived of his weapons and armor his broad shoulders filled out the breathable dark undershirt and she was familiar with the fit, sculpted planes of his chest, back and abdomen. Her gaze traced down along the lines of his trim hips and thighs, defined clearly by his leggings.

"It is....unexpected," she replied at length. Sighing lightly, she gestured to the silent guards at the soldier's back. They stepped forward, each placing a tight, gauntleted hand on the man's shoulder. "Kneel." Clenching his jaw and sweating with fear and anticipation, he obeyed. She left him there for several minutes again and the silence was maddening as his knees began to ache against the cruel flagstone floor.

"My lady--"

"Silence." She snapped, glaring at him pointedly and he subsided anxiously. Relaxing her expression, she strode to stand before him and leaned her face close to his, grasping his chin to tip his head. "If it is a boy, I shall name him after you," she promised gently and then kissed him deeply and with such passion that despite his situation he felt desire rise in him but then she pulled back. "Thank you for your service."

Either ending:

The knife tip licked across his throat, almost like a tickle.

A blow to his neck caused him the lurch forward but the snap of his spine arrested any awareness of this.

Taken from a vampire story that I'm working on, this scene wanted out

Title: First Bite Scene

Cora felt anger surge up in her chest and shoved Damien’s shoulders violently. “If you want my blood then take it!”

He fell back with the push but didn’t retreat, looking at the ground intently. “I want to—”

“Then do it!”

She was glaring at him, but was still startled when he grabbed her upper arms, dark eyes blazing now as he looked at her. “Do you have any idea what you’re doing to me?”

The hoarse quality of his voice made Cora’s breath catch in her throat, but she shook her hair back defiantly, exposing her neck again. “I’m not stopping you.” She saw the muscles in his jaw jump when he clenched his teeth before he bowed his head, leaning towards her throat. His compressed lips rested against her neck for several heartbeats and she barely noticed the tickle of his light, shallow breath. She bit her lip when he parted his and the tip of his tongue darted out, tasting and teasing her flesh.

Cora let out a trembling breath, trying to relax her body as conflicting tensions of anticipation and fear grew in her, but she still gasped with surprise at the first light nip to her sensitized skin. His fierce grip on her arms loosened and she hadn’t noticed how tight it had been until he let go and there was a startling swell of brief pain and he stepped back, shaking his head. “I won’t.”

It took Cora a moment to catch her breath, skin still tingling with interest, but she scowled in frustration and crossed her arms. “You’re a fake.”

He shook his head, smiling in that infuriatingly attractive, patronizing way of his. “I’m not going to prove myself by killing you which is exactly what would happen. If I tasted your blood…I wouldn’t be able to stop myself.”

“How do you know?” she ignored the tangle of emotions inside to focus on the challenge Damien presented to her.

“How do you know you will gasp for air when you emerge from water? You can’t help it.” He reached out to tuck her hair behind her ear and his fingers drifted down her jaw, but she stepped back nervously. His light expression darkened and she could palpably feel him pulling away from her again. “Don’t do that again, Cora. It may not turn out so well.”

He walked away, leaving her sight quickly and she knew she wouldn’t be able to catch him, nor was she sure she wanted to. First, she needed fresh air to cool her face…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back