Grand Adventure: Red Skies at Morn

KamiKahzy

Tectonic Nomad
Supporter
The following is the format for character sheets for the story.

Those that wish to be a part of the story please submit to me your filled out and edited sheet in a private message with the title "Galley Hand".

From there we'll edit things as they need to be and when you get the final OK I will post your profile here and cross out the crew spot your character has taken up. Slots are located on the first page of the IC thread, and they're first come first serve so be quick! If a slot is being contested by multiple people I will give them the opportunity to be diplomatic about it. But if a decision cannot be reached then I will assign it to whoever officially submitted their request first.

Also, for your character picture I would prefer that it remain an illustration. If you really want to use a photo that's fine, but considering the sheer silliness of this story an illustration would serve you better in the long run. More over sized weapons and the like.

NOBODY SHOULD BE POSTING HERE EXCEPT FOR ME.

Please read the rules above to understand what you need to do. If there's any questions feel free to say something in the OOC tab or message me privately.

Last edited by a moderator:

_____________Character Sheet Skeleton______________

(Insert Character Image Here)

Around Here I'm Called

(Character name)

Last Time I Checked I Was

(Gender)

How Old Am I?

(Age)

My Loyalty Lies With

(Faction)

On Board You Can Call Me

(Slotted position and vessel name)

This Is Just Who I Am

(Personality, can be in character or not)

My Story Is Not For The Faint Of Heart

(Backstory, can also be in character or not)

This Will Always Be My Home

(Hometown or Region your character calls home)

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover

(Race)

The Puppet Master

(Username)

===========================================​

848524.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

Miles Greytooth

Male

How Old Am I?

Thirty years, according to me mum.

My Loyalty Lies With

The Pirates

On Board You Can Call Me

Captain of the Banshee, and proud of it!

This Is Just Who I Am

I like shiny things, more than I should by rights. But folks don't like to give 'em up so I likes to take 'em! Folks say I'm bossy like that, or because of that, but I'm the captain damnit! An' iffin ye don't do what I say I'll have me first mate sort things out for ye right quick.

But really, if ye've a sensible mind an' strong arm I'm always lookin' fer new shipmates to sail with. The pay's good, the works tough, an' I'll always do right by ye. 'Course, iffin some landlubber does me crew harm I'll string 'em up by the yardarm. They hurt me ship, an' I'll keelhaul em' over the nex' mountain range we sail past.

So come on ye bilge rats, there's treasure to be had! Unfurl all sails! Light the engine! All sails to- ...is that a shiny? SHINY!! MINE MINE MINE!!! GET THE SHINY!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!

Miles was born and raised on the deck of a ship. His parents originally migrated from Nomawe to Fisher's Isle as part of their honeymoon. But when they got there, they were mesmerized. The sheer cacophony of sound, technology, people, danger and excitement had them hooked. They decided then and there to settle down on the noisy, dangerous isle. They spent many an ecstasy filled night at the taverns and pubs, moving from one vice to the next. One fateful night the couple found themselves even more intoxicated than usual and decided it would be a good idea to sign up with a local privateer ship.

When the couple came to the next morning they were more than a little surprised to find themselves flying above ground through the sky on an airship. They certainly didn't remember signing up to be crew for the Genesis, and their aching headaches weren't expediting matters either. But after a loud rant from their new captain they quickly got their heads out of the clouds and got to work. They found the work grew on them, and within the month they were becoming infamous swashbucklers aboard the Genesis. About 10 months later Miles was born, and he learned the ways of sailing even faster than his parents did.

Miles eventually left the crew after the old captain died and his folks had enough booty to retire in luxury. He gathered a crew, went for the nearest port and stole the ship with the biggest guns he could find. To date, Miles is the youngest pirate to have stolen a military ship at the age of 16.

14 years later and Miles is happily captaining the Banshee and has recently gotten wind of a score. Possibly the biggest score of his life, and certainly one for the history books.

Fisher's Isle

Shapeshifter (Goldback Gorilla)

The Puppet Master

@Stew

===========================================

Index.full.1570001.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

"Serenity!"

"Female, duh"

How Old Am I?

"Sweet 16."

My Loyalty Lies With

"Explorers! I'm ready for adventure!"

On Board You Can Call Me

"Doc' of the Lady Skyclad."

This Is Just Who I Am

Serenity's personality is beyond words. She has a very crazy and hyper personality, making her very energetic. She's also quite oblivious and lacking knowledge in some areas, like math to say the least. Serenity is dense to some things, especially when it comes to love. She has a habit of picking up strays. She is also very kind and will do whatever she can to help people. She will also go to the full extremes if needed, so be warned.

Serenity was found in the forest as a baby by a nun who decided to take her in. Serenity grew up living a pretty peaceful life. Because she was raised by nuns she learned a lot about the church and a lot about medicine. The nuns would help out at the local hospital a lot and sometimes the people who
couldn't afford to go anywhere else would come to the nuns. Serenity helped out as well so she knows quite a bit about medicine. Though at times she did wonder who her parents were and why she was just left there in the forest like that. She wanted to find out more about who she really is.

One day Serenity did find out more about herself that surprised her. She was in the forest where the nuns found her, she would sometimes go there for comfort. She started climbing the tree the nun had found her under when all of a sudden she fell. She didn't get hurt badly but she did cut her knee. It did hurt though, so she put her hand on it to get it to stop bleeding. But then suddenly the pain disappeared. She lifted her hand to see that the cut was gone, and that was the day she found out she had healing powers. She was 13 at the time. Since then she learned that she can heal scratches and things like that completely, but as for other wounds it takes time. She has not taken her vows as a nun yet. She plans on it, but this adventure could change her mind.

Moscio

"I don't know. Human maybe?"

The Puppet Master

@Alad V

Birdy_elf_68988_1024x768theAnimeGal-1.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

Arielmyndae "Min" Delimbiyra

A woman

How Old Am I?

If memory serves me correctly, I'll be around 27 by now.

My Loyalty Lies With

The Pirates

On Board You Can Call Me

Cook aboard the Banshee

This Is Just Who I Am

I'm the person they run to when they need something whipped up in a jiffy. I don't take well to those that harm my precious ingredients and I certainly don't like it when people disturb me while in the damn kitchen! Ya hear that ya bearded bastards?! Stay away from me damned kitchen! Or I'll skewer ye lot and grill ya up real nice!

Ahem.

Even if I am an elf, I don't mind cooking meat for them; although I do need everything else to be fresh and organic. I keep a few bottles of wine for safekeeping since a certain someone
*cough cough* likes to drink until every liquid in her body is nothing but booze. Years of training and fighting with my brothers has kept me nimble and very agile, much as my figure says otherwise. Anyway, if you need a quick bite or just want to chatter the night away, you know where to find me.

Now to hide these utensils from dear old Captain...

Born to a family of five siblings, I'm the only girl aside from my mother, which could explain why I have a love for fighting as much as I have a passion for cooking. Being taught how to fight was greatly disapproved by mother though, fortunately father and my brothers managed to make her agree, much to her chagrin.

Now, being the youngest, I was always picked on as their training dummy; evading punches and kicks right and left, jumping and leaping from their attacks. Now I had to endure this for around ten years or so, luckily my eldest brother, Andieruan, was kind enough to teach me much more than I could have learned from just dodging attacks. He's my favorite out of all of them, to be honest, but I can't tell the others that.

When I turned twenty, I left home in search for adventure. I traveled for weeks, passing by village after village. As I was in a pub in one of the small villages I happened upon, I overheard a group of men talking about a man looking for members to join his crew. Walking over, their conversation grew clearer. I asked them where this man was, and they "kindly" gave me directions; save a few broken bones here and there.

I managed to find this fabled man a few weeks later, telling him I wanted to join the crew. He looked me up and down, hand under his chin. "Ya know how to cook?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. I smiled and nodded, "Of course!" I replied. He returned my smile with a grin of his own. "Welcome aboard then, cook!" He exclaimed loudly.

Alfurasva

Elf

The Puppet Master

@Roo

rothfellowprofile.png

Around Here I'm Called

@Girouette

X4M15zFh.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

The Bestest, Mostest Beautifules- oh you're asking for my name. How very forward of you~

Tatiana A. Mundy.

Anatomically female. If you're so curious, why don't you find out for yourself, hmm~?.

How Old Am I?

Oh, hm, this question again. You know, with how many times I'm asked this, you'd think I'd remember. Let me try to recall. 21, perhaps? No, maybe 38. 44? 108? Hahaha, I'm sorry, I can't recall.

My Loyalty Lies With

Me, myself, and I, first and foremost.

...Ah, I almost forgot the Lightbearer crew. Hahahaha, how forgetful of me. Silly me!

On Board You Can Call Me

The best, the most wonderful, top tier, and most attractive doctor alive. Or just Doctor, if you're such a bore, or you like that in the bedroom~

This Is Just Who I Am

I'd like to think I'm a very humble person. I definitely don't laud about my alluring appearance, nor do I self-praise with regards to my infallible genius intellect. And I must say, I am very modest with regards to my ability to concoct the most miraculous of cure-all potions with nary but the mud off my boots. Which, I must admit, is sometimes more valuable than the souls of my companions. Along with this, I also hate telling lies. I tell the truth all the time. I swear on it.

Mmm? My preferences? Well, anyone's my type, really. I don't much care for who or what you are, but if you're nice enough to be a guinea pig for me, I'll have you for dinner, and you can have me, if you really want, hahaha. Even if you don't, I might just take you in anyway. I want you, and you will be mine until my say so. Don't worry, I'll take good care of you. Very...very...good care of you~

Hmm? What if someone doesn't want to listen to my oh-so-precious advice? Why, I'll simply carve them up and sell their intestines on the black market. Hee hee~ don't you know? Vital organs are simply selling like hot cakes nowadays, especially ones well-preserved~ Say a word of this, and you can be sure you won't be alive to share in my wealth once your kidney goes on sale. Haha, I'm kidding, of course...or am I?

Hahaha, since you're so intent on knowing me better, I would happily tell you about my past. Probably. It's going to cost you an arm and a leg, though, and I mean that literally. Ooooor, you could treat me to a nice dinner, and I'll reward you with another of my newest batch of panaceas, but knowing your curiosity, you wouldn't be sated by just that, won't you, hmm~? How about some private time alone, in my quarters? No? Hm. I don't think I've ever met someone as annoyingly stubborn as you are. Oh well, if you're buying me dinner anyway, I'll give you a snippet of the fabulous moi.

I was born to some people, and they were stupid. I didn't like the idiocy they emanated from their every pore, so I left them when I was old enough. I mustn't have been a good stupid girl like they wanted me to be, since they never came after me. Who cares about them, though? I don't. Stop asking me so many questions! They'll rue the day that they told me challenging everything they said with logical assumptions and the books of humans was wrong! In fact, I hope they're ruing that day now, as they burn in the depths of hell!

That...didn't need to be said. If you take that knowledge out of this room, I will cut your throat open and feed you syringe needles through the open wound. Aaaanyway, you're looking a little pale. Want some of- no? Hm, okay, if you insist. A little time in my bed's still a standing offer, if you want~

...fine, you bloody ass, I'll continue. Some people just can't take a hint to get out of here. Having discarded my conservative and, honestly, silly family behind, I wandered for a bit, and discovered, to my amazement, a treasury of the finest jewels on earth: a library, in the middle of a human town. Did I say human town? I meant a town. Don't give me that look, baby, or I'll lace your dinner with swift-acting laxatives and upset your bookshelf when you're emptying your bowels. So, I pursued a little education in this town, learning all I could. It's around this time that I realized how stupid companionship was. I didn't need it. I could do everything on my own. I could become a genius, a proper certified medicinal practitioner. I had my doubts, but now, the truth is clear: people lived to slow me down. No more. Hahaha, how foolish, no? To have brought me into this world just to restrict my every essence of being clawing at my chest to know more, to see more, to be more than just some hunter for the pack.

...hmhmhm~ I said a little too much. Are you done with listening to me ramble now? No? Punks like you aughta stop poking your noses into everyone's business. It's irritating, to say the least. I see it in your eyes, you'll not stop until I'm done, and that’s something that I like in a partner. Are you sure you're not trying to get into my good books?

Fine, fine, ugh, I'll go on. Here's the boring part, so I'll just skip over it. I grew a heart after getting into practice, bla bla bla, I didn't want to see people getting hurt, so I got serious about the whole doctor work, and so on and so forth. Don't mistake this for a conscience, it's just that weaklings that get scratched by some stupid animal and come crying to me make my blood boil, so I'm just fixing them up so they stop their whining. What's worse are those that die when I'm trying to fix them. Who do they think they are, trying to leave me with some emotional baggage? You think I care? I don't. Not a single bit. So why am I trying to help them anyway? Because I don't want their family members hounding me. They're also irritating. "It's not your fault, doc.", "You did your best.", "He was already gone.". Fuck them. Fuck all of them. It's just basic human nature to try and suck each others dicks and make each other feel better. It WAS my fault. It WASN'T my best. I could have saved them. So why won't they shut up, and let ME take the blame, huh?!

So I left the ground to work somewhere else. I couldn't stand their endless nagging. I needed time away. I left, and, to my luck, I found a little cozy ship, by the name of Light...something. They needed a doctor on deck, since their last one got himself shot in the head or fired, or something. Who am I to care? So I applied for the position, and they tossed me all of the other doctor's belongings and his quarters.

Alright, story time's over. Get out. I need some time alone.

...home, huh? Interesting concept, but however, after scanning my prodigious banks of knowledge within my head, I regret to inform you that...I have no idea what mine is. A lady's secrets are what make her a lady, even the ones she doesn't know are secrets. Hahaha.

Shapeshifter, I think. Hahaha, I'm not sure any more. I think I was a panther or something anyway. Or was I cougar? Hahaha, hmm, that might not be a joke, if you catch my drift, dear~

The Puppet Master

I do not presume myself to be under the influence of an external being. To believe in that is like to believe you have a god that listens to your every whim, or that genies exist. A silly question.

@simj22

Laplace.No.Ma.full.667447.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

Arlander G. Jaqsinn Jr.

aka “Longjack”

Male

How Old Am I?

My Loyalty Lies With

The Rivals

On Board You Can Call Me

Cook of the Lightbearer

This Is Just Who I Am

Allow me to introduce myself. The name given to be at birth is Arlander G. Jaqsinn. But as a such a pitifully stagnant a name as that is, I choose to normally go by the alias of Longjack. The utter most important thing to know about me is that I will do anything for my crew mates and my family, whom I love. Their is no limit to the grave sincerity or deadly resolve that lies within my heart. Test its boundaries and you will find yourself thrown from its unforgiving edge. But on a more upbeat note, there are three specific activities that that I have come to love engaging in the most. The first would be cooking. Cooking meals for my friends aboard the Lightbearer is my passion. Giving them the most well prepared and flavored filled meals possible is not only my enjoyment, its my duty as the crews cook. My second would be collecting rare and expensive cultural artifacts such as books, sculptures, paintings, ect. Some may consider it stealing but these exquisite pieces deserve to be in the hands of an intellectual gentlemen with the rich passion to fully appreciate and treasure them. If anyone or anything ever attempts to damage or steal my property, I will show no mercy as I enlighten them to the true meaning of pain, suffering, and despair. Anyways shall we continue? The last but certainly not least, I love to increase my fighting prowess as a martial artist. And of course there is no better way to do that than to fight the strongest individuals one can find. The more powerful of a rival I find the more anxious and excited I get. Yes it may seem a little sadistic at times as I’ve come close to death more than once but pushing my body and skills to the limits to overcome an overwhelmingly powerful enemy is by far the most intense rush one can experience. If you don’t believe me, try it for yourself. If you survive, I'm sure you'll find yourself appreciating my unique point of view. And if you should die in the process? Well uh..............my bad.

Arlander Jr. at the age of 18 was the oldest of 17 children. He watched as his mother and father were beaten by a gang of Anthronian predators for money that his ever gambling father owed, but could not pay. In a list ditch effort his father offered to give up all of his children as payment, selling them into slavery. His father’s response to his wives grieving cries was that they could always just have more. By the end of the week, the children were split up sold to different masters. When asked his name, Arlander Jr. no longer wanting anything to remind him of his weak and cowardly father began to refer to himself as Longjack. Longjack was eventually bought by a cruel and rich manager of tournament fighters. He was forced to be sparring partners with many anthronian fighters more strong and powerful than he was and day after day he was abused and beaten to an inch of his life. But one day his master began to manage a new fighter and with that fighter came a female slave. A slave he immediately recognized as his sister. He watched as the fighter smacked his sister across the room into a wall for disobedience. That was the first time that Longjack fought back. All of the fighting day after day, somewhere in his mind had actually been a form of training. His skills as a fighter were beyond what he or the manager had ever imagined as he easily defeated the new fighter and broke both he and his sisters chains freeing them from their lives as slaves. But before he left he stripped the manager of his clothes, stealing his most prized suit. Longjack put the suit on himself as he made a promise. He would find and free every single one of his siblings and give them the luxurious lives they deserved.

Rodoma, a small village of Anthropaeia

Anthronian

The Puppet Master

@Vizriel

bezeknow.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

Bezek

Male

How Old Am I?

Thirty-Four

My Loyalty Lies With

Rivals. (Sort of.)

On Board You Can Call Me

First Mate aboard the Lightbearer

This Is Just Who I Am

Bezek attempts to be calm, but when he starts talking about something he enjoys he gets visibly excited. Like, glowing and everything. He also tends to be fairly oblivious to the opinions of others on himself; he will not realize you dislike him unless you say so (or that you are interested romantically, on a contrary side). He knows a lot. Like, a lot. He knows so much about the important stuff that he forgets other things. If you find a book in the sink, it was probably him. Really, he's just your typical nerdy professor.

Bezek grew up in Moscio--at least, he did in this lifetime. He can't quite remember how he died last time or where. Since no one came after him as a child, he assumes it was an accident. He was raised by a fellow star in Qizil, a kind woman named Cassiopeia. She's more like a sister to him than a mother, though.

He studied and later taught at the university located in his hometown, and has done a great deal of traveling--including one admittedly poorly executed trip to the Daritz city of Bellatrix to meet its namesake Star. She has the farthest-reaching memory of any Star currently alive, or so the stories go. Supposedly, she hasn't died in centuries. Of course, she doesn't look a day over fifty, maybe. Forty, if you're nice. Why would he search her out, though? Because, my friend! His area of expertise is legends! Forgotten lore! Myths! And his particular focus is Zorion.

So, more recently, when he heard through the grapevine of Mr. Oddsgrove's Lady Skyclad and her mission to find Zorion, he tried desperately to become a member of her crew. Alas, he failed--but he was determined to find Zorion. He found out that the Lightbearer's mission was to stop the Lady Skyclad, to perhaps complete the mission herself, and he pulled a few strings. He hadn't thought to make himself First Mate, but, well. You take what life hands you--or someone delighted to no longer owe you a favor after that One Time. Bezek hasn't got any fighting experience, but he can reign in a whole room of underclassmen to force them to listen to his lectures, so he should be okay with the crew, at least. Right?

Moscio

Star

The Puppet Master

Erik

543adf167fbf500be19e947aaf2cf5bd.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

Burgundy V. Breitbarth II, at your disposal.

A skeleton of course, quite dead yes. But if it's my sex you're looking for, I was a gentleman back in my day, and quite the dapper one if I do say so myself.

How Old Am I?

Oh I think I'm pushing a good two or thee thousand cycles last I checked, though being trapped on a shipwreck for so long can have quite a remarkable effect on the psyche you know! A man can only entertain himself setting rats ablaze for so long, hee hee hee...

My Loyalty Lies With

The Lightbearer of course, I will serve her crew, as I have done all my life. That is of course if I find them to be satisfactory...

On Board You Can Call Me

Of ages past I was the captain of another Lightbearer, one now lost to history. Twas quite the memory to be sure. Nowadays I'm but a simple demoman. Fire, bombs, explosions, severed limbs... All I could ever want really.

This Is Just Who I Am

I am a gentleman first and foremost, a relic of a nobler time I like to call myself. All these young whippersnappers could learn a thing or two about chivalry from a fine exemplar such as myself. I enjoy fights and duels as much as the next sailor, and a good hearty drink, though with my current body it's far more fun to just ignite the alcohol. I I like to think myself of the humorous sort as well, but more often than not my jokes tend to earn me long cold stares of disgust. Or that could just be because I'm a flaming skeleton. Youths, am I right? Being all judging and prejudiced. It's not my fault you aren't on fire you know, thought I could most certainly help with that, Bahaha! What's that you say? Stuffy? Pretentious? Arrogant? Hahahahah! Yes! I Burgundy Von Breitbarth II, am all of these things and then some!

Of course, being cursed and trapped in a ship with no proper capitano hasn't been the best for my mental health, mind you. Raging pyromania aside, I've more than my share of instabilities and problems, likely more than enough for two asylums and a small psych ward. I've control of myself but more often than not, but you might see flashes of a different side of me when things get 'heated', hee hee... I'll spare you the details, you'll just have to find out for yourself, though whether you'll regret such a decision, is something you'll have to decide for yourself...

In a time long past, I was born to a pair of elvish traders who ended up in a watery grave after a typhoon hit shortly after my birth. In their will, they had assigned the role of godfather to one of their closest friends, Avery Breitbarth. What they didn't know, was that while they thought him a trader as well, in reality Avery was the leader of one of the largest pirate fleets on Jakamal. The old salty dog had enough of a heart not to immediately fling me overboard, and raised me to be his successor, having no heirs of his own. I was taught the ways of the seas, as well as the necessary lessons in true blue pirating, and his master plan certainly seemed to be coming to fruition. Of course that all went out the window after on my twenty fifth birthday, after a handful of traitorous vermin and I stole a bunch of ships and ditched the old sod. Though I think that made him more proud than blindly following his instructions ever did.

My new crew and I set out about pirating throughout the seas for the next twenty or so years. Our flagship was, as you already know 'The Lightbearer', originally named by one of Avery's ancestors, I elected to keep the name as a final act of respect to my benefactor. The ten years were mostly uneventful, your standard pirate-y things, assault, theft, murder... Boring things you wouldn't want to hear about really. The fateful event that forever changed my life begun when we recovered a map from a ship we had recently plundered. It was old and worn, with no markings and writing outside of a few select scrawls likely that had seemed to be made recently. A single lone X stood in the middle of an area now known today as the Zachod Whirlpools. Intrigued by this, we chartered a course for the area, certain that riches awaited us all. But we would soon discover that we would receive far more than we had ever bargained for.

The Zachod whirlpools was an uncharted expanse of sea absolutely littered with, you guessed it, whirlpools. The map we followed had a route already plotted out, one that seemed to steer clear of the more dangerous areas, which we followed religiously. It was smooth sailing at first, we made it around half-way with no incident. But as we pressed onwards, the waters became far more treacherous. The whirlpools around us grew larger, and faster, sucking in anything vaguely close to it into a vortex of destruction. Every single ship we had was lost, ravaged by the spirals of death. Only the Lightbearer remained, alone and steadfastly moving towards the goal.

As we neared the marked location, the seas calmed and the winds around us seemed to halt, a very unnerving contrast to the maelstrom we had just weathered. As we pressed forward, a mass of land came into view, a small island, no larger than your average harbor, stood glaringly in the middle of the still waters. The strangest part however, was the eerie light it seemed to exude, a pale almost invisible pillar of light extended from the island and into the heavens above. The light seemed almost hypnotic, beckoning to us, drawing us ever closer to what appeared to be our salvation. As we neared however, a sudden burst of light enveloped the ship, searing the flesh of the my surviving crewmen and vaporizing their bones. The pain was unimaginable and I blacked out seconds after. But as I felt the light burn my flesh, I felt as if I saw winged creatures watching me from the distance, observing, spectating, judging...

I awoke after god knows how long a mere wandering soul, the ship charred and blackened beyond recognition. What remained of my body was unable to move, but I soon found an avenue through which I could observe and gain awareness of my surroundings and that was through fire. At first, it was subtle, I found myself able to ignite and extinguish the torch scones and overturned lanterns on what remained of the deck at will, and over time I felt as if the flames themselves were connected to my lifeless body. Soon, anything that utilized flames on the vessel was under my power, and I could observe all that happened near my created flames. Though admittedly this wasn't much to work on, the ship was still wrecked in some godforsaken place and I was still unable to move. Over time, my cursed soul regained enough power to be able to move my flit in between individual flames, but I was still trapped only able to wait and hope. The only thing that gave me any indication of time was my hardy little pocket watch, which amazingly still runs today.

I'll spare you the dreary details of being bound to a decorative ship fixture, for thousands of years, trust me it was boring, and being unable to entertain myself the same way a young spritely bachelor would only made things worse. A day came when plunderers found the wreck and removed the figurehead, cutting me off from my beloved vessel. I spent a few more years rotting away in some dark recess, completely cut off from the world outside until one day, I was fixed onto a new vessel. The moment the final nail had found its place on the ship bow I regained consciousness, my skeletal body reforming before my very eyes. Making my way across the deck I was momentarily awestruck the moment I had the chance to properly look over the side of the ship. The vessel was not sitting atop the vast ocean I was oh-so familiar with, but instead floating miles above it, in the very sky we had once thought unnavigable. And what a sight it was, this brand new sea of white endlessly spanning not unlike its liquid younger brother miles below us. It was there, on the deck where I met the man responsible for this sorcery, a one enigmatic Mr. Gunn...

Whoops! Look at the time, oh I do tend to prattle on don't I? Well in any case, that concludes volume one of the memoirs of Burgundy V. Breitbarth II! Make sure you stay tuned, I might just have more tales for the eager ear.

The Lightbearer figurehead and I are one, and it will stay that way for many more years to come, I predict.

An elf through and through, probably not what you'd have been expecting I take it. Though I'd say I'm definitely past the point of trivial things like race.

The Puppet Master

Are we not already all puppets of fate? Destined to put on an act for some divine audience for entertainment already? Hee hee hee... Think otherwise all you like, because sometimes the most uncooperative of puppets happen to be those most tightly strung up...

@Father Gigantor

257ED94B52EDB2D8062F58

Hic sunt Leones

Around Here I'm Called

"Darrow au Andromedus"

"Female. That's why I look so beautiful. Oh I'm sorry my sarcasm escaped."

How Old Am I?

"Twenty- One years of age"

My Loyalty Lies With

"I guess with these 'Rivals', ugly lot but they pay well."

On Board You Can Call Me

"I'm considered the spy. And that's what I am. Aboard the Lightbearer."

This Is Just Who I Am

He's sarcastic, cold, and coiled around a quick fire wit that could bruise anyone's ego. He's patient and intuitive, observing a target and finding the best ways to cripple or eliminate it. Underneath all that exterior hides a man filled with a wanderlust for adventure and exploration.

Darrow comes from a family of shapeshifters, all of the same type. Lions. It is from which his motto is derived, Hic sunt leones, Here be Lions. Darrow's family was built from a courageous stock, each living to their family motto. Darrow, fortunately, is graced with the courage and fearlessness passed from his ancestors. Although unlike most of his family he derives his tact from a different angle. Unlike his family Darrow possesses patience and intelligence that rival many. Rather than attack his threats head on he is content to bend and let them pass, only to cut them down when they least expect it

"A house of honor and position in the Anthronian capital of Helgen."

Shapeshifter (Barbary lion, red/black coat)

The Puppet Master

@Atom

tumblr_mlo0xfUqWm1rvcza1o1_500_zps1069b236.jpg

Around Here I'm Called

Felici of Little Horn

Female

How Old Am I?

I was born when the moon was red and the tide rising. It was during the cold season, when the grass withers and the flowers fade. I know that sounds evasive, but it's the best answer I can offer; satyrs don't count time like humans do. Oh, and don't worry. I'm an adult, by your standards -- my horns may look small, but they are etched with the grooves that mark maturity. Feel for yourself.

My Loyalty Lies With

The wind. Oh, you mean right now? I find myself aboard the Lady Skyclad. It is my hope that this proves to be a lucrative endeavor.

On Board You Can Call Me

"Sweet Lady Bard, the musical and whimsical." I might dance with you, too, but then I would likely be inclined to charge a good deal extra.

This Is Just Who I Am

They’ve called me a show-stealer before, but that’s just because I’m good at what I do. All I need with me is my reed pipes and I’ll get along fine just about anywhere. What’s so great about this old thing, you ask? It’s the sounds of nature, the old and lilting music that draws out who you really are, like the wine spirits do -- that’s what humans miss, and we satyrs have kept it safe. I’m not afraid to show it off.

Some say nature, some say nurture. I say: “What’s the difference?”

I was born in Rotsai Forest, but I was raised on the wandering paths. Satyrs have shorter lives than humans, and they live them fuller. We don’t stay in one place long, nor do we stay in one single group for long. It’s too big a world to be stuck anywhere. Curiosity is a driving force of my people, for satyrs love to experience all the strange things in this world. I don’t stray far from that norm.

I was carried by a tribe; no two parents alone claimed me. And we wandered in the revelry of madness. Wine spirits mixed with our carnal nature, eliciting from our souls the music of being. Everything you humans put in books, we put in songs. Music sticks in our heads far better than any dead ink. By the time I came of age, I was closely aligned with my people’s definitive, madcap way.

All was well in my life; I was happy then, and knew only happiness. My tribe was my family.

But the winds of fate blow frivolously. Restlessness in my brother Rocco beget mischief, and he baited a giant too far. The theft of the big one’s golden harp and pet goose was not taken lightly; the giant and his family were after him, and our tribe made to protect him. The plan was to guide the large ones into the forest, and there confuse him under cover of trees until the chase proved too arduous. We were not fast enough in the execution; the giants sectioned us off. All that was left was the cliff’s drop or the giants before us. Rocco was not among us, and neither was the harp or the goose. So we fought with sword and valor, but there is not much a satyr can do to so massive an enemy.

Those of us that survived were left alive by good fortune, or bad, depending on how distraught a survivor may seem.

We splintered, and I wandered the earth; my pipes were all that remained of those bright times, and all that put food on my table.

I heard whispers in the taverns of one widow Oddsgrove hiring a group of fools on a wild goose hunt for a great wish-granting power. I could not help but add myself to the collection, unwanted guest though I may be.

Rotsai Forest

In case you haven't been listening, I'm a Satyr.

The Puppet Master

@Killigrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back