Other For people with autism or misophonia, what is your least favorite sound(s)?

Chewing/wet sounds, cats grooming, children's voices, scraping, the sound of cotton balls.
The sounds of chewing, dogs lapping water drive me nuts the most. Then screaming, wailing, crying, and children's voices. I have not heard the sound of cotton balls though, that is interesting. Whistling also makes me want to punch someone in the face. I try to be patient or sit through it but it's usually a reflexive, reactive thing for me.

For me it's when I can hear people chew and breathe loudly. Or when my dad sucks on candy (specifically chocolate, you can hear it from across the house! It's terrible), that's when I go into a near meltdown because of sensory overload. I also don't like sudden clanging noises of dishes but that's cause it makes me jump whenever I hear it LOL ^^;

Chewing and crunching are the top offenders, but repetitive noises or music are also intensely aggravating. It's so frustrating to be watching a video and the creator suddenly decides to include an "ASMR, lol" bit without any warning, especially when wearing headphones.

Chewing and crunching are the top offenders, but repetitive noises or music are also intensely aggravating. It's so frustrating to be watching a video and the creator suddenly decides to include an "ASMR, lol" bit without any warning, especially when wearing headphones.
OMG yes >:O

OMG yes >:O
I have found out, however, that it's a little easier to ignore eating noises if you are also eating at the same time! Kinda only works when the other person is at least not chewing with their mouth open or crunching as hard as they can, though.

Blenders, vacuums, food processors, basically anything that makes an overpowering loud noise

Electric guitar whammy......<,< it makes me want to pass out, and the sound of a electric fans as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back