Other For people with autism or misophonia, what is your least favorite sound(s)?

I have (medically diagnosed) autism, I hate chewing sounds, burping, babies crying, and loud noises (besides music I like)

Chewing bugs me sometimes, but it's gotten a little better over the years.
Now what bugs me most is cars squealing when they break or idling for long periods of time.

Chewing bugs me sometimes, but it's gotten a little better over the years.
Now what bugs me most is cars squealing when they break or idling for long periods of time.
my own digestive system making noise drives me crazy for some reason lol

my own digestive system making noise drives me crazy for some reason lol
I can't imagine. Hopefully it fades over time or you can get some good coping mechanisms - my chewing sensitivity is a lot better than it was a few years ago so these things can get better.

I love listening to the ocean, like when the waves hit the beach including the sounds of seagulls. It's so calming

I can't imagine. Hopefully it fades over time or you can get some good coping mechanisms - my chewing sensitivity is a lot better than it was a few years ago so these things can get better.

i usually ignore it and try and stop it

cannot stand metal scraping on plates. worst sound in the world, even if it's only brief! i am very skilled with forks as a result.

my sister hates the sound of velcro and people eating, i hate whistling. we both have misphonia and are most likely undiagnosed autistic as well.

I cant stand the sound of chewing or mouth sounds in general. The sound of something being scratched over ceramic nearly makes my soul leave my body, especially if it was my nail that accidentally did the scratching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back