• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum Flipside: World Of Battles, Brawls, and Split Personalities

((@jeshem))

~Friday Night, Flipside~

Ringo was standing there, prepared for the next guest who was to appear in Flipside. This time it was another late teen. "Welcome to Flipside, young man! I would like to stay with a longer greeting, but there will be a fight momentarily in the Arena." Ringo gestured towards the big-top near the center of the location.

Meanwhile, Clark followed the girl that bumped into him a while ago, taking a seat next to her. He noticed that she was talking to someone who didn't seem to be there. "Hey, um, who ya talking to?" Clark asked the girl. His eyes remained focused on what seemed to be a staging area.

((For RP Continuity purposes, feel free to post whenever you want to enter Flipside since time flows differently there than it does in the real world.))

((Thanks @Flip Jester Boy ))

Alex gave the clown a frown before turning his attention to the big tent.

"A fight?"

A separate voice piped up in Alex's mind

"Yup!"

"…and you are...?"

"Surprisingly calm for someone hearing a voice in their head."

"I never asked how you were and it's my head, not yours."

"…"

"…"

"Fine, smart ass. I'm you...kinda…sorta."

"And why are you here now?"

"Because fighting. I serve a very similar function as you."

"Do you have a name?"

"Nope, never needed one."

"What would you like to be called?"

"Asks me. Why don't you name yourself?"

"How about Bob?"

"Ha ha, very funny. Fuck you."

"Fine, asshole. You serve a similar function as me…collecting money? Money collector? Debt collector?"

"What about IRS? Those names don't really have a nice sound to it. Like the direction you're going, though."

"Debt, debt…loan, interest…money…IRS…tax? How about Tax collector."

"Better than IRS, I guess."

While Alex and the newly dubbed voice in his head conversed, Alex had made his way into the big-top. He took a seat and turned his attention back onto the voice.

"Tax collector?"

"Tax is fine."

"What can you tell me about these 'fights'?"

Last edited by a moderator:
~Friday, 8:23 am , School~

Hikaru walked into class and sat in his desk before his head immediately hit the table. He had stayed up all night reading yaoi fanfics and didn't get any sleep. He groaned as the kids around him made noise. He soon had enough and shoot up from his seat." Shut up all of you !!!!!" He yelled as he shoot everyone a death-glare causing them to recoil in fear. He had gained quite the rep for beating up people and sometimes breaking their bones. He sat and placed his head down again. After a few minutes the teacher came in and he groaned. He sat up and pulled out his textbook as the teacher began teaching.

~Friday , 3:35 pm, After-School~

Hikaru walked down the street at leisurely pace with his bag slung over his shoulder. He was heading to his part time job before three guys around his age abruptly came out of an alley he was walking by and bummed into him. Hikaru instantly had the urge to kick ass but was going to be late so he decided to be polite.

" Sorry, I guess I didn't see you there " Hikaru said.

" Yeah , what was that for bitch " The shortest guy said as he and his friends advanced on him slightly. ' Did he just call me a bitch grrr, no don't be angry ' Hikaru thought.

" You gonna have to do a lot more than just say sorry if you wanna leave." The Leader said and Hikaru resisted the urge to growl.

" Damn , this one looking hella fine " The short guy said to his friends.

" Give us your name before we get down , don't worry we don't bite too much " The tallest guy said while smirking down at Hikaru. ' Oh so that is want they want huh and they think I'm female.' Hikaru thought.' I might as well play along before I kick their ass, I could handle a lecture from my boss' He thought

" Fellas , hold on a sec. Oh whoa , sorry about the boop , maybe I could make up to you with a different kind of booping." Hikaru said smirking.

" Oh damn you really are a slut. Awesome " The shortest one said with grin.

" We're gonna treat that pretty face real nice" The tallest one said.

" We're taking turns and I get to go first. " The leader said

" Come now there are plenty to go around, follow me and see for your self how I like to have fun. If you dare " Hikaru said as he walked into the alley.

" Why don't you guys hold her while I get this party started" The leader said as he and the boys followed Hikaru into the alley. A few moments later the screams of help from the three boys could be heard.

(( Just for reference: ' = thoughts " = speech @Flip Jester Boy I'm talking to you...))

Friday Night, Flipside

Tavora grinned at Clark.

"Hello. I was just talking to Lillian."

'This is my body! You can't control me!'

'Yes I can. Now shut up.'

"So sorry about Lillian's rudeness earlier on. Aren't you excited about the fight? It's gonna be fun!"

Tavora faced forward eagerly anticipating the fight.

~ Friday , 8:47 PM , House~

Hikaru walked up the stairs to his apartment building and stopped in front the door when he saw a package in front the door. He picked it up and inspected It and saw that "Congratulations! You've been chosen! Put this in any door when the Sun goes down and turn it. Welcome to Flipside." was written on it before opening it and seeing a key. Hikaru stepped inside the house before placing the package and box on the couch. He walked to the bathroom and took a shower before coming back to the living room and sitting on the couch. He picked up the key and inspected it.

" I might as well try it " He said as he walked to the bathroom door and inserted the key and turned it before everything turned black

~Friday, Flipside~

Hark began wandering about, making use of his full control of his new body, getting comfortable, so to speak. As heheard the aannouncement, he smiled internally, and began making his way towards the arena. Meanwhile, Simon was plotting on how to regain control over his body. This, however, proved unsuccessful, as Hark was literally inside his head. Of course, this all went unbeknownst to Simon, as Hark stayed silent, grinning, walking.

~Friday, Flipside~

Hikaru's now purple eyes flutter open and he sits up. He closes his and holds his head. " What the hell happened" he muttered to himself before he opened his eyes and looked around.

" Where am I!!."He yelled as his eyes widen and her looked around frantically as he got up. He suddenly heard a voice.

"Welcome to Flipside Hikaru , I'm your flipside my name is Efreet."The voice said as Hikaru looked confused.....

( I left a cliffhanger , so can you make ringo appeared. @Flip Jester Boy )

((@djinnamon I'm going to let you handle things in Flipside because Ringo is busy atm))

~Friday Night, Flipside~

"Ok, fascinating," Clark said as he looked on inside the arena, the crowd cheering on as they awaited for the two combatants.

Suddenly, there was a crackle in the PA system.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to the Flipside Arena! Tonight's fight pits two veterans, Vorus and Sweets, in a period of glorious combat! Will the two combatants now enter the arena?"

The lights dimmed as two spotlights shone on opposite sides of the Arena. One shone on a man who seemed to be in his 30's with a chainsaw in his hand, and the other on a young child who seemed to be 12. Clark stood up from his seat in surprise. A kid? Are they joking? He's gonna die! Clark thought to himself. Before he could move, he felt like something took control of his body and forced him to sit back down.

((Reference: Akari Sam 'Thoughts' "Speech"))

~Friday Night, Flipside~

Sam opened her eyes to be bombarded with an array of lights and sounds. And people, so many people who all look so different, unique. Where- where was she anyway?

'Great, it's question time. Let's see how long it's going to take for her to notice'

'Notice? Notice what!? What was going on!??'

'And another second or so for it to finally kick in and...'

'That- that voice was in her head. She- she was crazy. Dreaming! Exactly what this was! No way was she kidnapped, who would want her!?'

'In denial, trying to reason it out. C'mon... get to the good bit!'

'Good bit? What was this voice talking about!?'

'That's who, mind you. As of right now, I am currently without name. But... I'm essentially your partner in 'ere. Welcome to flipside.'

She had so many questions. And this voice seemed to know more than she did. Trembling, she stood up. This place was crowded, and so weird..

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to the Flipside Arena! Tonight's fight pits two veterans, Vorus and Sweets, in a period of glorious combat! Will the two combatants now enter the arena?"

'Arena? What-'

'Oh shut up! Just follow the crowd!'

Sam stood in place.

'The voice was.. commanding her. Her insanity was-'

'Look, I'm pretty sure we're not insane. So if you don't mind, go to the damn arena or I will make you.'

She stood in the middle of the crowd for a while, just.. in shock.

'None of this made any sense! This was crazy!'

'It had to come to this.'

'The voice sounded... disappointed? But why?

'I thought we could cooperate, but apparently I was wrong, so... sorry for what I'm 'bout to do.'

Her body then seemed to move by itself, pushing others out of the way in order to get to this arena.

'What was happening!? What was the voice doing?'

'Look, if you aren't going to name me yourself, I'm gonna have to do it. In fact, it seems that you're too frightened to do much of anything. Want me to take over the reins? It'll make things a hell of a lot easier for the both of us.'

'N-no! She wasn't gonna let this voice walk all over her! Just- just give her a minute.'

Her body stopped walking towards the arena of its own accord.

'Okay, now what to name this voice? Umm... Uh... She had no ideas. This voice could name itself?'

'Alrighty then, you finally made a choice. That's good I suppose; So.. how 'bout Akari? That sound decent?'

'Akari... Akari.... She liked it! Okay then 'Akari', let's go to that arena.'

'That's more like it, Sam! You're finally learning some teamwork. I know it's hard at first... but you'll get used to it. Trust me, everyone's scared at first.'

She still didn't particularly trust this Akari voice, but at least she seemed to know more than Sam herself did. So off she walked towards the arena, following the crowd of fellow latecomers.

Friday Night, Flipside

Tavora just smirked at Clark's expression.

"This will be a good fight. Don't you think?"

She sighed.

"I can't wait 'til it's my turn. Hopefully then Lillian will trust me. By the way, what's your name? Are you regular or flipside?"

~Friday Night, Flipside~

Eden's ears were assaulted by blaring cheers as he entered the arena. The breathtakingly large size and the myriad of people immediately reduced his size to a mere pebble, and he found his body numbing slightly as he focused on the enormity instead of his own self.

When the sea of the crowd finally pushed him into an open seat, he sat down and stared at the ground below the seats. What's going to happen down there? he wondered ominously. All he knew was that some kind of fight was about to happen. Could it be a boxing match? Maybe something like a gladiator battle?

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to the Flipside Arena!" the same voice that had called everyone to the arena boomed throughout it. "Tonight's fight pits two veterans, Vorus and Sweets, in a period of glorious combat! Will the two combatants now enter the arena?" On the voice's command, two humans approached each other on either side of the arena, lights dimming to highlight them. Eden strained his eyes to depict the two from his seat, but it appeared as though one was a middle-aged man, and the other a young boy. The middle-aged man, however, wielded a chainsaw. Eden's breath caught in his throat upon sight of it, and his eyes widened. He was about to witness a murder. The electricity in the air increased as the crowd's uproar grew louder. What kind of sick, twisted world was he thrown into?

"Holy shit," he exclaimed, but his resistance was drowned by the excited, bloodthirsty cheering of the crowd.

~Friday Night, Flipside~

Alex lifted an eyebrow as the voice declared the fighters. Several spectator seemed surprised that one of the combatants was a child but most people, like Alex cheered on.

"You seemed quite unconcerned that one of the participants is hardly a youth."

"Everest Street, No. 12."

"Excuse me?"

"You're me right? You should remember Robert...um...Clarkson?"

"Pigface?"

"Yeah, him, the butcher who didn't think he needed protection. I was sent to "convince" him otherwise. Do you remember who was with him?"

"His eight year old nephew."

"Do you remember what happened when I turned my back on that kid?"

"You got a twelve inch kitchen knife sunk into your back...oh."

"Never, ever, ever underestimate a kid's ability to kill."

"So the fact that you're in an unknown place, hearing a voice in your head, and about see a fight to the death has nothing to do with this?"

"Oh, I never said that."

-Friday, 6:00 PM, Paul's Humble Abode-

"Hah...Finally home..." Paul sighed as another week came to a close. His students are becoming more noisy every day. Kind of tiring if you were on his shoes. He took off his uniform, underneath is his favorite striped shirt and black shorts. On a table, he found a box with a note saying

'For Mr.Paul Assistin'.

"Hm? A package? I don't recall ordering anything." He took the box, "Oh well, finders keepers~"

Upon opening a box, he saw some sort of Key with another note on it.

"Put this on any door, for you have been chosen and shall be granted access to the FLIPSIDE"

The Flipside? He never heard of that place before. he only had heard of the Phantom who. Which he just made up in his head.

"oh well. Let's see what it can do..."

Hikaru was now calmly talking to his flipside after she explain to him what the hell was going. He took a seat then heard the announcement before his eyes went to arena.

Hikaru - "Its a little kid ,is that even allowed."

Efreet- " Yes "

Hikaru- " I see, I have a feeling the kid is gonna win "

-Friday Night, FLIPSIDE-

"Hmm...Maybe i should try it-" As he used the key into his apartment door, everything went back. A few minutes had passed...

'Oh great... Why now?' A voice rang in his head, causing him to wake up.

"Wha...? What's?" Paul Observed every single bit of his surroundings. There were colors and lights everywhere. he seemed to be in some sort of alleyway.

"Since when did i...?"

'Oh, Finally awake huh?' That same voice scoffed at him.

"Hm? And you are...?"

'Woah! Woah! Is that the ONLY reaction to a talking voice inside of your head?!' The voice angrily replied.

"Meh." Paul sighed, "This might be a dream."

' . . . Really now? This isn't a dream man. if you get careless, we're BOTH gonna die.'

"Oh, is that so?" Paul said, "So...Where am i supposed to go?"

' The Arena. There's gonna be a BIG fight there, and I can't afford to miss it! '

"Ok." Paul started walking, heading to this weird looking circus tent near him. "Got a name, dude?"

' I dunno. You are the one who's supposed to name me. After all, We're partners.'

"Oh...I'll just call you Who then."

' Who?'

"Phantom Who."

The voice face palmed itself, though he could never do it. 'Alrighty then. Paul, Welcome to Flipside.'

A few minutes as Paul would take a seat, an announcement rang. It was for a battle between a little kid, 12 years of age And a middle-aged man.

Paul gasped in shock when he saw the little kid.

"W-what the hell?!"

'What is it, man? Shocked by the litttle kid?' Phantom who asked.

'W-w-w-what else would i be freaked out for?! If you're me, you should know that this shouldn't be allowed!' Paul said in his head, hoping for Who to hear.

'Hey, don't get me wrong. This Kid's amazing. Ever wondered why he's a veteran?' Who asked, forcing paul to sit down at his seat.

^V^Friday Night, Flipside^V^

Freya's jaw dropped as the fighters were announced. "Wait...that's a kid!" She whispered to herself. "That's a kid fighting a man with a chainsaw, an honest to God chainsaw!" She started to move only to be halted by a presence in her mind. 'What? You're going to tell me to not save a kid from dying?' She thought angrily.

'A foolish task you wish to pursue, worry not for him, but for you...' The voice said weirdly satisfyingly.

Freya's fist tightened but remained in her seat anyways. Try to deny it she might...but she had a point. If what she thinks was going to happen to a kid...what might happen to her?

~Friday, 2:05 P.M, School~

Ambrosia sighed and rested her head against her locker, her fingers trailing lightly over the beautifully etched key she held in her hand. She had received the key a few days ago, but had yet to do what the note accompanying the key had told her to. She jolted upright as the last bell of the day rang. She tugged open her locker and pulled out her books, grimacing as students filled the hallways, pushing and shoving each other. Ambrosia sighed as Casey- a girl from her Drama class- leaned up against the locker next to hers.

“Why weren’t you in drama today?” Casey chirped, feigning interest. Ambrosia knew all she wanted was a juicy tidbit of gossip, so she kindly offered some up.

“I skipped. I went to Dillon’s house instead.” Ambrosia chirped back, hoping to whatever God there was that Casey would believe her lie and walk away. Casey’s eyes widened and she clamped her mouth shut before scuttling away, probably already searching for someone to tell that good-girl Ambrosia had skipped to hang out with bad-boy Dillon! Gasp. Ambrosia laughed as Casey pushed herself into a small group of sophomore girls, and quickly told them the “news”. Ambrosia shook her head and walked out of the school, the beautiful key still clutched tightly in her hand. She shook her head in disgust at her peers and walked home, deliberately not thinking about the key the entire time.

~Friday, 2:30 P.M, Ambrosia’s House~

Ambrosia was seated in her bedroom, a warm cup of tea in one hand and the key in the other. She sipped her tea and reread the note that she now had thumbtacked onto the wall next to her bed.

‘Congratulations! You have been chosen. Put this key into any door at sundown and turn. Welcome to Flipside.’

She stared at the key in wonder before setting both it and her tea on her bedside table. She yawned and laid down in bed, burying herself beneath the covers.

“Flipside…” she smiled slightly as the word rolled off her tongue. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

~Friday, 7:30 P.M, Ambrosia’s House~

Ambrosia awoke with a quiet moan. She stretched and sat up. She glanced at the key, and sighed, reading the note once again as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed.

“I might as well try it,” she mumbled and snatched up the key. She slipped her black flats onto her feet, and padded quietly out of her bedroom. She scowled at the sound of her mother’s drunken snores coming from her and Ambrosia’s father’s bedroom. Ambrosia twisted her mother’s doorknob, only to find it locked. She glanced down at the key in her hand and licked her lips.

She sighed and pushed the key into the lock, furrowing her brow as it shrunk slightly to fit into the lock. She held her breath and twisted it, letting out a quiet gasp as the lock clicked. She shuddered as the world around her began to swim, the colors blending together. She screamed as the darkness swallowed her.

((@Alice Ivy Macintyre feel free to post in Flipside now.))

~Friday Night, Flipside~

"How laughable! They pit me against a child?" The one with the chainsaw chortled, his voice being picked up by the arena microphones. "Get out of Flipside, kid! There's no place for you here!"

"
You shouldn't underestimate this kid, Vorus," the kid said, though, it didn't seem to be a child's voice at all. It was more like an adult male's. All of a sudden, a ring appeared above the one who seemed to be Sweets, which then descended, causing the boy's body to vanish. Vorus revved his chainsaw, prepared for any attack that were to come at him. A timer light near the ceiling counted down as what seemed to be a roulette wheel began to slow as well, landing on a symbol which resembled a forest. Camera drones appeared out of nowhere as trees began rising from the ground to capture the fight. Vorus paced around the forest, waiting for his opponent to appear.

Clark was amazed at what was happening. He couldn't tell if he was awake or if he was dreaming, but he knew he was there. "Fascinating...," he mumbled. He watched the viewing screens intently, waiting for something to happen.

"You shouldn't underestimate this kid, Vorus," the kid said, though, it didn't seem to be a child's voice at all. It was more like an adult male's. All of a sudden, a ring appeared above the one who seemed to be Sweets, which then descended, causing the boy's body to vanish. Vorus revved his chainsaw, prepared for any attack that were to come at him. A timer light near the ceiling counted down as what seemed to be a roulette wheel began to slow as well, landing on a symbol which resembled a forest. Camera drones appeared out of nowhere as trees began rising from the ground to capture the fight. Vorus paced around the forest, waiting for his opponent to appear.

Amazed, Paul watched through the viewing screen. Seeing the amazement that's about to occur.

"NOW i see why you wanted to see this match." Paul whispered, hoping for phantom who to hear.

'Ohohoh...But that is just the beginning, we're about to see the REAL fun!' Phantom who smirked, finally showing what his world is made of..!

Alex cheered along with the crowd as the fight began until he felt his throat grow hoarse. His excited to see a fight and Tax's influence didn't help either. The young man watched in fascination as the boy disappeared and a forest filled the stadium.

"Where'd the boy go?"

"Dunno, must be part of his power."

"Power?"

"Yes. Each flipside has some sort of ability or set of abilities that would aid them in a fight."

"Do we have any powers? What are they?"

"Yes. I don't know. I haven't even existed until this evening."

The two consciousnesses sat in silence before the younger one spoke up.

"By the way, how are you so calm? Well, you aren't calm per say (you're just waiting for someone to die in this fight) but most people would freak out upon waking up in a strange place and hearing a foreign voice in their head."

"Well-"

"Do you doubt that all this is real?"

"Somebody probably sneaked something funny into my drink as a joke. I-"

Tax's voice turned slightly amused.

"So you're the denial kind; think that all this is some kind of drug induced hallucination. Okay, I'm fine with that. Tell you what, we'll watch this fight and enjoy the slaughter first. We'll decide what's real and what's not after."

((Please post OOC things in the OOC chat or use double parenthesis))

~Friday Night, Flipside~

"Um, regular, I guess? The name's Clark, by the way, Clark Donovano," he said to the girl sitting next to him. "I'm assuming you aren't a normal person, then?"

Flipside, Friday Night

Tavora shook her head.

"I'm Tavora. I'm a Flipside. I'll let you meet Lillian." she said.

'What are you talking about?' Lillian questioned.

'Do you wanna meet Clark? Or do you just wanna watch the fight?'

Thinking about it for a moment Lillian answered: 'I'll talk to Clark.'

Tavora smiled one last time at Clark before blinking again. Now Lillian was in control.

"Hi..." Lillian said awkwardly. "Don't listen to Tavora. We're done talking."

Lillian stood up and moved a couple rows away, finding a seat next to another person. ((Alex, @Yesman)) Lillian didn't start a conversation.

Tavora was confused. Why did Lillian feel the need to deceive her?

'Lillian, look at the fight. Just look. We will have to be in there. If you don't trust me, we will die here.'

'Tavora, you can be in control when we are in the arena. Only then.'

Hikaru's eyes widen as he stared at the viewing screen "That is so cool"He said as he kept watching the screen. " Is disappearing part of his power "Hikaru asked his flipside. " Most likely " The feminine voice said.

((Single quotation marks for thoughts, double for speaking out loud))

-Friday night, Flipside-

'Ask her.'

'No, it'll be weird.'

'You bust skulls open for a living yet you don't have the guts to speak to a girl?'

'It's not the talking to her, it's the question you want me to ask!'

'Excuses, excuses. Give me the controls.'

Alex's body shuddered as another conciousness took over. Tax blinked a couple of times before stretching to get a good feel of his new physical body.

"Call me crazy," he asked the girl who had just sat down next to him. "But do you have a voice in your head that's trying to convine you that all this is real and not just a hallucination?"

'See? It's not so hard.'

'Tax…'

'Yes?'

'If we didn't share a body, I'd have strangled you to death by now.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back