Ferus says "Hi"

FerusGrim

Unlucky Member
Hola! I've been registered for a few days. I keep meaning to write an introduction, but you know how it is when things get busy. I should probably start by introducing myself. I'll try to not make it a boring, hum-drum introduction, but you never know. I can be pretty boring.

My name is Ferus. Yes, I go by this name in-real-life. Of course, not legally. Yet. I picked up the name by rushing a translation of 'Untamed' through Google translator, into Latin. Of course, what was meant as a Roleplaying name has kind of lost its original meaning, and is just the name I go by.

I live in the United States. Specifically, the big mitten on your map, Michigan. It's pretty cold here for around 75% of the year, but the rest of the year is so unbearably hot (for those of us who spend most of the time in snow, anyways) that it makes up for it.

Occupationally, I am an aspiring Software Engineer - note the two separate links. Of course, being an aspiring anything doesn't usually pay the bills. So by day, I work for the largest cable company in the states, Comcast. Nothing fancy, I'm just the guy who picks up the phone when you call because your kids put gummi bears into your wireless gateway.

While we're talking about hobbies that could make you a lot of money but don't, I'm also a SysOps. The server which hosts this website also hosts my git, continuous integration, maven repository, and javadocs servers. As well as an IRC BNC (ZNC). I love saying that last bit.

I am 21-years-old. I'm enthusiastic about technology and tend to throw myself into it whenever I can. Usually I'm above my head, sometimes I'm not. The more excitable I am about a project, the more likely it is that I have no idea what I'm doing. And that's kind of what makes it fun.

I've been roleplaying for 11 years. I started roleplaying in 2004, when I was just 10. Of course, I didn't start online. I was a bit of a D&D enthusiast. Crafting your own world will do that to you. After a few years, I discovered the magic of Forum Roleplay, and the rest is, as they say, history. Yes, I wrote that article purely for this introduction.

It'd be awesome if you guys could help flesh out this introduction by asking me questions and silly nonsense below. For the purposes of this topic only, I'm an open book.

Demensia said:
Yo~
Tell us a hilarious D&D story!
Too many to choose from! D= I guess my most memorable experience would be when I bedded a princess, her brother, and killed their parents in the same night.

Hello there new friend!

Welcome to RpNation and all the glorious beauty that I like to hope we are. Per normal, please make sure you read our site rules, located here.

Now, on to less serious topics.

Favorite Colours? Bands? Do you like the taste of artificial strawberries (like bubblegum and what not)? Have you ever been to a different state or country? Name the first ten songs you can think of off the top of your head. Go!

Esme said:
Per normal, please make sure you read our site rules, located here.
Can they be dumbed down to "Don't be a douchebag"? If so, I think I'll manage. (:*)

Esme said:
Favorite Colours?
PINK!

Esme said:
Three Days Grace (Adam, why? ( :( ))

Fall Out Boy

Imagine Dragons

Any kind of Rap/Alternative

Slipknot

Five Finger Death Punch

Any kind of Metal that isn't entirely Screamo

Esme said:
Do you like the taste of artificial strawberries
I've encountered some pretty horribly done imitations, but usually yes.

Esme said:
Have you ever been to a different state or country?
Never another country, but I've been to Pennsylvania and Colorado (and any states I had to drive through to get there).

Esme said:
Name the first ten songs you can think of off the top of your head. Go!
Immortals, Animal I've Become... shit.

I've been told by a certain someone not to look so like, of course I had to look xP

Anyywaayyss, ello there Ferus! Welcome to Rpnation and I hope you love the place, there a lot of lovely people here and I'm sure you'll fit in real fast.

My questions: If you were able to do whatever you wanted for 2 days, what would you do?

Hot chocolate or coffee?

Dogs or cats?

Monkeys or chickens?

Thanks for the welcome, Karma. (:*)

Karma200 said:
If you were able to do whatever you wanted for 2 days, what would you do?
Probably a lot of things, lol. I'd try to spend most of that time putting myself and my family in a better situation, probably. Money is always too tight.

Karma200 said:
Hot chocolate or coffee?
Hot Chocolate. I hate Coffee. (> :P )

Karma200 said:
Dogs or cats?
CATS! I JUST WANNA CUDDLE THEM. (<3)

Karma200 said:
Monkeys or chickens?
Ehhh, I dunno. =/ Chickens? I can eat Chickens. (O:))

FerusGrim said:
It'd be awesome if you guys could help flesh out this introduction by asking me questions and silly nonsense below. For the purposes of this topic only, I'm an open book.
Oh, I'm good at questions and silly nonsense.

Challenge accepted!

1) Sing the first chorus that comes to your mind

2) What's the best thing you can cook?

3) what color was your childhood home?

4) Favourite candy?

5) Name the person you'd never want to meet?

I suppose I will join my admin leaders in your question shenanigans.

1. If you were given the chance to travel anywhere in the world for free and stay there for a month, where would you go?
  2. Do you play any musical instruments?
  3. Do you play any sports?
  4. What is your favorite genre of writing?
  5. What is your favorite animal?

I will end my rambling here. Welcome to RpNation. :)

Thanks for the welcome, @Musician. :)

Musician said:
If you were given the chance to travel anywhere in the world for free and stay there for a month, where would you go?
My fiance would kill me if the answer wasn't Tokyo. She's been wanting to go for years.

Musician said:
Do you play any musical instruments?
Nope. :(

Musician said:
Do you play any sports?
Nope. :)

Musician said:
What is your favorite genre of writing?
Probably Fantasy.

Musician said:
What is your favorite animal?
Panthers and Cats. :3 Or, really, any Feline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back