Music Favorite Movie Soundtracks

Verena

Devil woman
Since I've seen a thread here made about Video Game and Anime Soundtracks but couldn't find one for movies, I decided to make one myself. Old soundtracks, new soundtracks. You decide.

I personally can't really decide where to put my vote but I definitely got almost addicted to the Interstellar and Inception OST and everything from Hans Zimmer in general.

Totally agree with what @Jaw Breaker said above; Tarantino is great when it comes to soundtracks. My personal favorites being those if Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds.

Also 2011's Drive had a really great electronic-pop based soundtrack that sounds like it could come straight from the 80s.

I also really love the opening theme from The Godfather; it's just so classic.

Finally, probably my favorite theme would be the The Good, The Bad and The Ugly main theme, composed by Ennio Morricone. You know the one; thw music everyone associates with westerns.

Though they don't make movie soundtracks specifically, I find just about anything by either Zack Hemsey or Bear McCreary to be excellent. As far as movies go, I enjoy the song "The Equalizer" by Harry Gregson-Williams. You can really feel the badassery in that one.

I love any movie soundtracks involving Hans Zimmer. Including but not limited to

Interstellar

Inception

Lion King

Amazing Spiderman 2

He makes some great soundtracks

Ennio Morricone's score for Once Upon a Time in the West (Italian: C'era Una Volta il West)

"Jill" is one of the most haunting and classical themes I've ever heard. A beautiful track that tributes to the romantic women of the likes of John Ford and Maureen O'Hara.

[media]

[/media]
The theme is an opera. An elegant, building, utterly magnificent opera that grips you and drives you to weep at the sheer magnitude, with Edda Dell'Orso's superb vocals soaring like no other, her full capabilities at their peak.

[media]

[/media]
Lastly, the harmonica tune, Man With a Harmonica, or Death Rattle, is one of the most badass tracks you will ever hear. This is one of the best usages of an electric guitar that I've ever heard.

[media]

[/media]

I love you.

I am a huge Morricone lover.

Tripodric said:
Totally agree with what @Jaw Breaker said above; Tarantino is great when it comes to soundtracks. My personal favorites being those if Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds.
Also 2011's Drive had a really great electronic-pop based soundtrack that sounds like it could come straight from the 80s.

I also really love the opening theme from The Godfather; it's just so classic.

Finally, probably my favorite theme would be the The Good, The Bad and The Ugly main theme, composed by Ennio Morricone. You know the one; thw music everyone associates with westerns.

Haha @SabineWren ,Morricone is great.

While I doubt there are very few haven't heard it (or at least some version of it), I'm just going to put this here for the uninitiated (and as an excuse for me to listen to it again).

[media]

[/media]

Tripodric said:
Haha @SabineWren ,Morricone is great.
While I doubt there are very few haven't heard it (or at least some version of it), I'm just going to put this here for the uninitiated (and as an excuse for me to listen to it again).

[media]

[/media]
EPIC! But I hate these renditions. I prefer the original tune. So epic, original, fresh. <3

It has been said plenty before, but Quentin Tarantino has my heart when it comes to movie soundtracks. My favorite by far is the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, although I also really like the Kill Bill soundtrack (Bang Bang by Nancy Sinatra is my personal favorite song from any of his soundtracks)

I fully agree with the Hans Zimmer statement- great music! I also loved the Catching Fire soundtrack as well :)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey are two soundtracks I find myself listening to often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back