• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fated Ties: Splintered Kingdoms [ Out-of-character Chat ]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
deer deer :
I was thinking of making a spy/assassin that was trained from birth by someone (I haven't thought that far quite yet), and they get sent to do something or kill someone important (like I said haven't thought to far ahead yet) but they start liking the new environment that isn't filled with constant training/fighting
Can’t wait to see how they’ll turn out! It’s a good concept thus far!

i'll get to working on a CS after the lore is done~
That’s fine. Do you have an inkling of what kind of character you’d want to make? Doesn’t have to be fleshed out, just an idea. The options are quite endless so I’m intrigued of everyone’s thoughts ~

That’s fine. Do you have an inkling of what kind of character you’d want to make? Doesn’t have to be fleshed out, just an idea. The options are quite endless so I’m intrigued of everyone’s thoughts ~

im entertaining the idea of a fallen princess looking to reclaim her throne in my head. possibly from one of the big dynasties or something
but that depends on a lot of stuff, like lore and such. Plus with the whole (historic) dynasties being primarily patriarchal and all

but if that cant work out i can think of another character concept

im entertaining the idea of a fallen princess looking to reclaim her throne in my head. possibly from one of the big dynasties or something
but that depends on a lot of stuff, like lore and such. Plus with the whole (historic) dynasties being primarily patriarchal and all

but if that cant work out i can think of another character concept
It is an interesting concept, however, as written in the lore tab, the only Kingdom is Jiang. Written there is the reason and history of why they are the only Kingdom despite having the Imperial family at the same time.

The other [ 3 ] families are Dynasties but they aren’t close to becoming a “Three Kingdom” just yet. The 3 Dynasties do have major influence and power as their factions, however, the Imperial family still hold court and the throne. They are mere puppets.

The Imperial family information hasn’t been posted but there are members here that do exist and you are welcome to play the royal family directly or indirectly if you so wish.

( If you do play someone in the royal family, maybe something in the future, as the RP progress, does happen which can have a domino effect so your idea would/could/can be something to play out? So, just not now? )

On the other hand, currently, I’m not entirely sure if there will be a disposed princess unless she was a secret love child and smuggled out. A lot of illegitimacy questions for sure, but, could make for an intriguing plotline.

The only information left is information on the Royal family and other technical information such as the region, landmarks, and cities - but since members are allowed to make their own factions, the cities will constantly be updated.

Last edited:
First Announcement
Hello, all! Thank you for your patience and your interest!​

As stated in the opening post for this thread, this roleplay will be using both the ooc thread and discord as a way of communication. That being said, if you would like the link to the discord, please “react” to this post so that the GMs ( Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi , Archon Archon ) and I can start a private message with the link.

The lore is almost done with the exception of a few technical information that will still need to be added such as: the map, region and landmarks, cities, however, because we are allowing members to create their own faction, these information will be updated constantly throughout the process of the character-making and the roleplay!

The Imperial family ( and religion ) information will be added as soon as possible.

Our characters will shape the story and can influence the story since the roleplay is character driven by us and etc.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

[ tags ( those who have shown interest and some have posted sheets already ): Cosmo Cosmo , hwayi hwayi , KingofAesir KingofAesir , Pyosimros Pyosimros , BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 , Gomenesigh Gomenesigh , Abendrot Abendrot , Self_Plagiarism Self_Plagiarism , Equusheart Equusheart , Petroshka Petroshka , Crumbli Crumbli , SCSaya06 SCSaya06 , General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch , Sylvio Sylvio , Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow ]

Last edited:
this was actually an idea! cause i know a disposed princess would be pretty hard to throw in so i was open to any reason.
Sooooo, I've been thinking. . . . and I have an idea, I'll run it by you and see if you're interested?

I'm making the Jiangs and I think it would be incredibly interesting if my girl [ YingYue ] and your girl met. YingYue wouldn't know of your character's identity since I'm assuming it would be kept a secret or so? I think this could turn into an interesting dynamic between the two of them, especially if you have ideas to have your princess claim / take back the throne once things go to, for the lack of better words and excitement, shit.

With the Jiangs not knowing who is loyal to them or just riding by their coattails, it is normal for being people to want to get close to any member of the Jiangs just to get ahold of power or even kill them. It could be that your girl had ulterior motives, using YingYue as a source of power in the end only to betray her.

So the two girls would have met by chance, befriended each other, but when push comes to shove, boom.

Or, another idea, depending on what your princess is like:

Small background information:
YingYue has always been a sickly child and sheltered. No one is able to go to her quarters without permission and she rarely gets visitors because of it. Nevertheless, she has her best pal: Ren, an elephant she saved and protected since they were going to make ivory out of the elephant. But, to save the elephant, she refused to let it happen and the elephant stays by her side which boost her mental energy [ sort of like a therapy animal ]. So, from a young age, she's always wondered about the world to the point of sneaking out of her quarters without permission.

However, because of this, in comes a bodyguard who will also be her personal trainer. Said bodyguard most likely is hecka pissed off that she has babysitting duties because their swordplay is top-notch for their age. [ Haven't decided the age ]. Anyways, the bodyguard most likely hates YingYue's guts for the first few months since she had high honours and wanted bigger and better exposure since she was personally selected by the King of Jiang. Years defnitely pass and the girls grow close, sparring together often to the point they are on par or what have you.

In comes this idea. . . what if , when your princess was smuggled out of the Imperial City, in order for your princess' mum to protect your character and herself [ because secret love child and a child of the Emporer, could bring chaos and be slain in court due to politics, harem, illegitimacy, etc. ] she fled and came to Jiang. The background, of course, is all up to you and what you decide to do.

If you're onboard so far, I was thinking. . . what if your princess was YingYue's bodyguard? What better way to infiltrate a kingdom while setting up vengeance and schemes than to be near someone with power? At first the idea was hated but as time passed, it could work in favor of your princess.

What perhaps your princess didn't expect was to get close to this princess who's family is also vying for the throne. The bodyguard and YingYue, in my head, do become closely bonded and even friends because of how much they experience together. In the end, I could see your princess betraying her because of her want to reclaim back her throne and to take revenge on the people, etc. etc. etc.

Anyways, I'm so sorry for the length! What do you think of this idea?
You can totally veto this idea or even let me know what changes / edits you'd want me to make as well !
I'm just reminded of this relation from Reign and I think it would be intersting if your princess and my princess had a dynamic as such?
c59dc06a6c87e252fce5ce66b349cd35.jpg
TDLR ; it was the Mandate of Heavens that they met, but unfortunately, will meet on the battlefield, no longer friends but enemies?

Sooooo, I've been thinking. . . . and I have an idea, I'll run it by you and see if you're interested?

I'm making the Jiangs and I think it would be incredibly interesting if my girl [ YingYue ] and your girl met. YingYue wouldn't know of your character's identity since I'm assuming it would be kept a secret or so? I think this could turn into an interesting dynamic between the two of them, especially if you have ideas to have your princess claim / take back the throne once things go to, for the lack of better words and excitement, shit.

With the Jiangs not knowing who is loyal to them or just riding by their coattails, it is normal for being people to want to get close to any member of the Jiangs just to get ahold of power or even kill them. It could be that your girl had ulterior motives, using YingYue as a source of power in the end only to betray her.

So the two girls would have met by chance, befriended each other, but when push comes to shove, boom.

Or, another idea, depending on what your princess is like:

Small background information:
YingYue has always been a sickly child and sheltered. No one is able to go to her quarters without permission and she rarely gets visitors because of it. Nevertheless, she has her best pal: Ren, an elephant she saved and protected since they were going to make ivory out of the elephant. But, to save the elephant, she refused to let it happen and the elephant stays by her side which boost her mental energy [ sort of like a therapy animal ]. So, from a young age, she's always wondered about the world to the point of sneaking out of her quarters without permission.

However, because of this, in comes a bodyguard who will also be her personal trainer. Said bodyguard most likely is hecka pissed off that she has babysitting duties because their swordplay is top-notch for their age. [ Haven't decided the age ]. Anyways, the bodyguard most likely hates YingYue's guts for the first few months since she had high honours and wanted bigger and better exposure since she was personally selected by the King of Jiang. Years defnitely pass and the girls grow close, sparring together often to the point they are on par or what have you.

In comes this idea. . . what if , when your princess was smuggled out of the Imperial City, in order for your princess' mum to protect your character and herself [ because secret love child and a child of the Emporer, could bring chaos and be slain in court due to politics, harem, illegitimacy, etc. ] she fled and came to Jiang. The background, of course, is all up to you and what you decide to do.

If you're onboard so far, I was thinking. . . what if your princess was YingYue's bodyguard? What better way to infiltrate a kingdom while setting up vengeance and schemes than to be near someone with power? At first the idea was hated but as time passed, it could work in favor of your princess.

What perhaps your princess didn't expect was to get close to this princess who's family is also vying for the throne. The bodyguard and YingYue, in my head, do become closely bonded and even friends because of how much they experience together. In the end, I could see your princess betraying her because of her want to reclaim back her throne and to take revenge on the people, etc. etc. etc.

Anyways, I'm so sorry for the length! What do you think of this idea?
You can totally veto this idea or even let me know what changes / edits you'd want me to make as well !
I'm just reminded of this relation from Reign and I think it would be intersting if your princess and my princess had a dynamic as such?
c59dc06a6c87e252fce5ce66b349cd35.jpg
TDLR ; it was the Mandate of Heavens that they met, but unfortunately, will meet on the battlefield, no longer friends but enemies?
i love it! although instead of hating her sister, (cause it kinda sounds like your average villainous half sister) maybe they still have sisterly love for each other but when things go to shit she could think she would be better to run the kingdom, and either try to take the crown by force (an thus meet on the battlefield or convince YingYue to abdicate her throne to her. a whole ambition vs familial love dynamic this time

i love it! although instead of hating her sister, (cause it kinda sounds like your average villainous half sister) maybe they still have sisterly love for each other but when things go to shit she could think she would be better to run the kingdom, and either try to take the crown by force (an thus meet on the battlefield or convince YingYue to abdicate her throne to her. a whole ambition vs familial love dynamic this time
Oh! So, your princess and my princess aren't blood sisters. They're from two different families.

It's currently the He Empire in which your princess most likely is part of the He family - the Emporer and your character's mum. The Imperial City is Xinghua which lies in the West. The Jiangs [ they don't rule the Empire ] are in the East which is where the Imperial family used to be before the He's took the throne and moved it West.

So your princess' father is He Xinyi and my princess' father is Jiang Ming. Yingyue's father wants to reclaim the throne and take back what's his because of the current Empire is falling apart.

But! They could have sisterly love for each other. They could've made a sister-pact when they were together because of their close dynamics. I could definitely see your princess believing that they could take the throne because royal blood [ even if it's half ], being more worldly and the affairs of the world, and definitely believing her family , including herself, should stay on the throne despite being powerless currently [ but through the roleplay, she could have secret supporters at her beck due to her making her way up by her own name ]

Oh! So, your princess and my princess aren't blood sisters. They're from two different families.

It's currently the He Empire in which your princess most likely is part of the He family - the Emporer and your character's mum. The Imperial City is Xinghua which lies in the West. The Jiangs [ they don't rule the Empire ] are in the East which is where the Imperial family used to be before the He's took the throne and moved it West.

So your princess' father is He Xinyi and my princess' father is Jiang Ming. Yingyue's father wants to reclaim the throne and take back what's his because of the current Empire is falling apart.

But! They could have sisterly love for each other. They could've made a sister-pact when they were together because of their close dynamics. I could definitely see your princess believing that they could take the throne because royal blood [ even if it's half ], being more worldly and the affairs of the world, and definitely believing her family , including herself, should stay on the throne despite being powerless currently [ but through the roleplay, she could have secret supporters at her beck due to her making her way up by her own name ]
this could work out!

Hi! A friend shoved me here and I'm half lost, but looking forwards to the lore section! It seems a pretty interesting setting!

Last edited:
My only question is what year the rp takes place in regards to the lore

Welcome to the out-of-character chat thread!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! There's a discord for this roleplay, so if you'd like to be added to the chat, do let me know by either commenting or reacting to this post!

The lore tab has most information there, however, some things are vague on purpose in case players want to make their own factions and/or have characters be related to one of the [ 3 ] main families.

Kokurai Gaisgeach Kokurai Gaisgeach , Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , Remembrance Remembrance

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor , oh my goodness, you just s w o o p e d in without me realising. Welcome!
I'll send the discord link to you in one second!

I'm unsure if you're joining the discord or not BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 [ I hope you got the private message , aaah ] ! But either way, we have this area for ooc chatter as well !

Can’t wait to see how they’ll turn out! It’s a good concept thus far!

Man I would love to join but I don't know shit so xd

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , Yes, did you want the discord?
Wasn't sure if you wanted it or not since there wasn't a reaction to the tagged post above.

Man I would love to join but I don't know shit so xd
Hunhown Hunhown , Hello. On RPN we have different tabs for each section, so if you look above there's Main, OOC, Character, Lore, Other. Each link brings you to a new thread page where GMs will provide information and instructions for you to work from.

It's a lot to process. However, there's a 'lore' tab in which Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Archon Archon have made. We may be a Three Kingdoms inspired roleplay, but everything we made is of our own creation. Players are allowed to suggest ideas and make their own factions and etc.

Second Announcement
Hello, all!​

chinese_dragon_by_fennecfoxaim-d9y9pen.png

The Lore has been updated. Please note the following:
- Map
- Region and Landmarks
- Cities and Places

The above [ 3 ] points are very much work in progress because of the fact that we allow players to make their own factions which means the map , regions and landmarks, cities and places will constantly be updated.

The history and battle of this roleplay is very much work in progress as well since our characters influence this world. This section will be updated as progress begins.

Note: You are allowed to play direct or indirect characters that are related to the [ 3 ] Main Families. So, you can make their children, cousins, uncles, etc. However, what you can't make is the Head of House and potentially the successor of the family.

That being said, the projected due date for the character sheets is Wednesday, July 3rd

If you need an extension please let us know.

Thank you,
the GMs [ deer deer , Archon Archon , Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi ]

[ tags: Cosmo Cosmo , Petroshka Petroshka , KingofAesir KingofAesir , Crumbli Crumbli , Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , Sylvio Sylvio , Gomenesigh Gomenesigh , Northless Northless , Abendrot Abendrot , BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 , Pyosimros Pyosimros , Remembrance Remembrance , hwayi hwayi , Equusheart Equusheart , SCSaya06 SCSaya06 , Wandering Grim Hollow Wandering Grim Hollow , General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch , KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor ]

Note: If you don't want a tag here anymore and aren't interested, do let me know so that we are not waiting on you.

Thanks for those who have retained their interest; to those leaving, we wish you the best in your future RPs. The door is always open if you want to effect a dramatic return, of course.

Of note, we're compiling a list of the Provinces based on what's already been mentioned and what needs to be filled. Then we can start plotting them onto a map.

Sylvio Sylvio Minor point of order, sorry, but Meng Fa's title is currently inaccurate. A Province's administrative leader is an Inspector, as the lore tab. It's nothing big, and was changed after your sheet was made so I really don't blame you. An inevitable state of affairs with the evolving nature of the lore, but we can do our best to correct it.

Cosmo Cosmo Li Jian's title is largely accurate and I appreciate you staying on top of that update. However, Land Dukes control Duchies, not Provinces. Is Yunchang the Duchy or the Province? Just needs to be straightened out so my fellow GMs and I can work it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back