• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Falling. Fading Away

-4 months-
Ricky got up early to go get some work done for the day, sighing a little as he got his coffee ready. He felt like he was walking on egg shells to make sure he didn’t have another episode and it was making him paranoid. He took his coffee through to his study and got settled into doing some editing, glancing over when the door opened a little while later and smiled seeing max walking in. “There’s my two favorite ladies.” He murmured, reaching for her. “You sleep good?” He asked her. They’d found out they were having a girl this time and it was bout the only thing keeping him sane at the moment.

Eden had been having the time of her life on tour with her dad. As much as they always tried to make sure there was no overlap there had been some miscommunication and the bring me and bad omens tour had started just before carmens had ended so she was on tour with dad and getting all the attention from everyone. She’d been fairly well behaved as well for the most part and made sure to stay with Matt while her dad was on stage but this night she had tripped over a wire near the side of the stage and fallen on some rough flooring, scraping her knees orettt good. On top of that her ear defenders had come off and the sudden loudness of it all had scared her real bad so before Matt had got a chance to stop her she was up and running out onto the stage and straight over to her dad, sobbing like crazy, tugging at his shirt.

Max came in after dropped Rory off at daycare and smiled softly "Hey handsome, I slept alright. Thankfully she was sleeping in an okay position." She murmured as she sat down. This pregnancy had definitely been a bit rougher on her than with Rory. She was perfectly healthy, but their daughter thought she was an acrobat inside her and was constantly making things uncomfortable for Max with the positions she sat in. "How did you sleep? You feeling alright?"

Noah was dancing on the stage during a break of no lyrics when she ran out to him. He went a bit wide eyed and looked down to see her crying. Instantly he dropped his mic and picked her up carrying her quickly off stage "Hey, hey calm down for me its okay. What happened?" He asked while Matt got her ear protectors back on. He frowned a bit when noticed her knees and nodded softly "Okay princess, here go with Matt and he'll get those cleaned for you okay? Daddy has to go back on stage, but if you're good....you could come and introduce your song with me, how does that sound?"

She was still sniffling a little but nodded and made him give her one more hug before she would go with Matt, waiting a little impatiently with him and watching until she saw her dad coming back for her and just reached up for him, looking around when they started heading out onto the stage and getting all shy when people cheered, hiding her face in his shoulder.

He nodded slowly and reached for her bump, rubbing big slow circles. “Good. Can’t have you driving your mother mad all the time before you’re even here.” He smiled. “Weird dreams last night. Real weird. But it was alright. Rory got up a couple times to tell me he needed to pee. I’m glad potty training is going good but we gotta stop letting him have so much water right at bed time.” He chuckled.

Noah came back for her and chuckled when she got shy "Can you say Hi to everyone?" He asked smiling when she said it quietly into the mic "What song are we going to sing next?" He asked her thinking this was the cutest thing ever.

Max laughed lightly and nodded some "Yeah we can definitely do that, but I'm also so thankful that potty training is going smoothly." She murmured smiling wide as she kicked his hand a bit "Can you feel that yet? She's kicking your hand."

Eden waved a little and frowned "My song." She told him, "Daddy you're stinky." She told him, giggling a little when everyone laughed and she let him take her back over to Matt, giving him one more cuddle before Matt was taking her back to the hotel to go to bed. By the time she was up the following morning though she was a little groggy until she heard her Mom's voice.

Carmen had arrived early the following morning and gone straight to the hotel room, stepping in once Noah opened the door and smiled at him some. "You look exhausted. How's she been?" She asked, hugging him as tight as she could with the now sizeable bump in the way. They knew they were having a boy this time and things had mostly been going well for them both.

He nodded and smiled, "I can feel that... You gotta settle down jelly bean, let your mom relax a little." He smiled, "You wanna go out for breakfast?" He asked her quietly, trying to pull her to sit on his lap

Noah gave a small smile when she came into the room and pecked her lips "Mmm yeah it was a late night. She ran on stage, she scraped her knees after tripping on some wires when she was dancing." He explained giving a small laugh "How is little Noah doing?" He asked as he rubbed her bump.

Max nodded and smiled widely kissing him gently "Mmmm yes yes, she wants french toast." She said happily before doing her best to get up without help "Okay....I need help." She pouted as she lost her balance and fell back onto the fouton.

He chuckled a little and helped pull her up, kissing her cheek, "Come on gorgeous," He murmured, going to grab his jacket and wallet, heading out to the car with her and held her door open.

Carmen rolled her eyes and smiled "He's been fine, I'm like a pincushion though all these freakin blood tests." She muttered, shaking her head "But he's fine and we are not naming him Noah." She told him for the hundredth time, going over to Eden as she was waking up, "Hey baby, you been having fun with Daddy?" She asked her, smiling as she reached up for cuddles, "Scoot over kiddo." She told her, getting into bed and pulling her in close, "Oh I missed you so much." She told her, kissing all over her face.

Max smiled happily as she got in the car with him "How've you been feeling? Do you have any appointments coming up?" She asked as they started their drive to IHOP.

Noah smiled widely as Eden cuddled her and rubbed at her belly "You ready to meet your baby brother Eden?" He asked happily before going to sit at the foot of the bed.

She gently tucked her hair behind her ear while Eden smiled. ‘He come tomorrow?’ She shook her head. “We got about three whole months left yet baby.” She told her, winning over at Noah. “Why don’t we go get some breakfast then we can have one more day with daddy before he’s gotta go.” She told her. “And mommy wants to go see oli.” She watched her jump up and rush to get ready, reaching for Noah to come closer. “I missed you.”

He shook his head. “Nothing anytime soon, just gotta keep making notes and whatnot… I just don’t understand how there’s nothing wrong but I’m still getting these episodes every so often.” He sighed a little.

Noah held her close to him and smiled widely "Mmm I missed you too." He murmured pressing his forehead to hers "You are so beautiful you know that?" He murmured before kissing her gently chuckling when he heard Eden making gagging noises and running to push them apart.

Max held his hand and gave a small sigh "They don't even know if its psychosmatic?" She murmured frowning a bit when he said no.

Carmen rolled her eyes and sighed not enjoying this phase she was going through. “Honey mommy and daddy are allowed to kiss. Especially when I haven’t seen daddy in three weeks.” She told her, brushing her hair out and making sure she had fresh plasters on her knees before heading downstairs with them both, holding Noah’s hand the whole way. “Yknow I was thinking of a name. And if you feel weird about it say…. But what about Keaton?” She suggested.

He shook his head and sighed a little, pulling up at the ihop. “They think stress aggravates it but it’s definitely not in my head…. So I’m just pushing to get answers still.” He told hee gently, helping her out the car and held her hand into the restaurant. “I love you.” He told her while he held the door open for her

Noah tensed a bit when she said the name "I....I think thats a great name." He said softly before wiping at his eyes quickly "I think thats really great." He murmured giving her a smile. As they got to the car he helped Eden get in chuckling when she insisted on doing it herself "Okay, okay you got it."

Max gave a small sigh and nodded just worried about him "I love you too." She murmured as they got inside "Oooo I am so excited for French Toast."

Carmen smiled a little as she got in the other side and they had Eden sandwiches between them in the back of the taxi to go get breakfast. She enjoyed the rest of the day having a moment of family time. But it would only be a few weeks before he was home until the baby was there anyway. She’d spent some time with oli as well, glad to hear he had been good to eden but by the end of the night they were getting the rental car sorted for Carmen and eden to drive back home to LA and Noah would be moving on to Europe next, sighing as Eden being both tired and sad had turned into a fairly dramatic goodbye from her until it was carmens turn. “Be good. Enjoy. Bring us home good snacks.” She smiled, kissing him gently. “I love you.”

Ricky smiled and for once let himself enjoy a morning with her without worrying about anything else. Making sure he was staying in the moment. They had a quiet relaxed day together and he went to pick up Rory but by the end of the evening he was laid up on the couch with chest pains again and his head in maxs lap. Nothing was bad enough for him to disrupt the night by going to the ER but he was certainly not comfortable and he could hear Rory asking questions about why dad was making weird noises every so often and why wasn’t he answering. It broke him a little knowing he didn’t have a proper answer for him and that even that young he knew there was something not right. It wasn’t something that he wanted to burden his kids with

Noah enjoyed the day off with his girls feeling a bit more relaxed now. He held Eden close that evening as she cried from saying goodbye "Oh its okay baby, I'll be home before you know it." He murmured smiling as she finally started to calm down. He let Carmen get her settled in the car and kissed her lovingly "I love you too, make sure to text me and specifics that you want." He murmured happily holding as close as he could for a moment more.

Max sat with Ricky and ran her fingers through his hair giving a small sigh. She was worried about him, scared that this was something really serious that the doctors just weren't getting. She gave Rory and small smile and reached out for him to come see her "Its okay baby, Daddy is just not feeling too good." She murmured before kissing the top of his head repeatedly.

He groaned loud as it started going down his back as well, shutting his eyes tight

Rory frowned and sat on the other side of his mom, watching them. “When can I play with my sister?” He asked her, already impatient for when the baby was gonna arrive, reaching over and patting his dads head but frowned as he saw him starting to shake badly.

She smiled and shook her head. “I hate this part…. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to it. Nor do I want to.” She sighed, feeling the baby kicking and smiled moving his hands. “He says hurry up and get home dad. Cause my room needs painting. And you won’t let mom climb a ladder.” She winked at him. “Call us when you land okay?” She murmured, kissing him once more and got in the car to start the three hour drive back home.

Max smiled some and gave a small laugh "Oh you got another two months at least baby." She murmured before frowned when she felt Ricky shaking. She turned her attention to him and went wide eyed "Rory get down for me okay? Mommy has to get up." She said as she got up as quickly as she could "Rick? Babe?" She asked frowning more when he didn't answer.

Noah smiled widely and bent down to kiss her bump "Oh I cannot wait to meet you bud." He said happily before standing up and kissing her lovingly one last time "I promise I'll call."

It took him a minute but he did manage to grab at her hand and look over at her. “It just… hurts. So bad.” He told her strained, not able to stop the shaking but not wanting to go anywhere either.

She spent most of the drive with Eden asleep, stopping once for a quick pee break but eventually made it home late into the middle of the night, sending Noah a text that they’d made it and she helped Eden get out the car, taking her hand to go inside with hee. “Come on sweetheart. Let’s go get you into your bed.” She mumbled, now fully exhausted herself so not as alert as she would normally be, just glad to be home

Max nodded softly and frowned "Okay, do I need to call someone? You're shaking pretty bad baby." She said quietly as she kept his hand in hers.

Noah got a call late in the day from an unknown number. "Hello?" He asked hoping it was just some scam call so that he could get to catering and grab something to eat before he needed to get ready.

He shook his head to begin with but then he heard Rory start crying and just nodded. “He doesn’t… need to see all this.” He grunted a little. “Vinny… can take me in.” He mumbled, closing his eyes again. “I can breathe … it just Hurts.” He muttered, more worried about scaring Rory than anything else.

On the other end Edens daycare couldn’t hear him hardly at all and they tried to let him know she still needed picking up but the line went dead after just a few seconds and her teacher finally gave in and called the cops. “Hi, I have a young lady here, we closed about two hours ago and her mom hasn’t come to pick her up. We’ve tried all the numbers we have for her but I know that her dad is away at the minute anyway… her mom is usually early and never this late… we need to report her as abandoned.” She told them, glancing over to see one of the other staff keeping Eden occupied, just hoping everything was alright.

Max nodded some and let go of his hand to go take Rory out of the room "Come on baby, lets go call uncle Vinny." She murmured before taking him to the kitchen and calling Vinny "Hey....can you come by? Rick needs to go get checked at the hospital. He's in pain, but he is shaking really bad and thats what is concerning."

Noah frowned at how broken up the call sounded but shrugged thinking they'd call him back if it was important. He got into catering and sent Carmen another text just asking how her day had been going. She hadn't texted him today which was unlike her, but he was thinking she was probably exhausted and just sleeping most of her day away.

He could hear Vinny agreeing and slowly tried to push himself to at least sit up, hunching forward to steady himself for a minute to be ready for when Vinny arrived and reached towards Rory when they came back in. “Hey bud… I’m okay… it’s alright…. I’m gonna go out with uncle vin okay?” He tried to coax but as he reached for him he got a ripple of pain across the back of his shoulders and he lurched forward a little, frowning. “We’re gonna… get this fixed I promise.” He tried to reassure both of them.

Carmen had dropped her off and gone straight home to start unpacking both their suitcases, knowing Noah would be telling her off for lifting anything right now but she walked in, dropped her keys in the bowl and had immediately been pulled backwards against somebody, trying to scream but the hand had covered her mouth and she was very aware of a knife pressing up against her back as well as andrews voice in her ear.

It was hours later that she was on her own and barely conscious on the floor, hearing voices coming through the front door before blacking out completely.

Matt stepped over the moment the guys came off stage, handing a phone over to Noah. “You need to take this. Right now.” He told him, handing him his own phone, hearing Eden crying in the background even from a few steps away.

Last edited:
Max sat with Rory and frowned a bit just trying to remain calm. Once Vinny had picked him up she got Rory to bed with her and just lay there wide awake watching him while she waited to hear back from Vinny.

Noah raised an eyebrow as he took the phone, tensing as soon as he heard Eden crying "Eden? Hey hey calm down, what happened?" He asked frowning as she continued to sob and someone took the phone. He listened as the cop explained what was happening and immediately stormed off to the green room "I will be there in a few hours, make sure to get this number to the hospital." He explained before hanging up and grabbing his things.

Vinny called her back at about one in the morning, sighing a little "Hey, they're gonna let him go in the morning but they're keeping him overnight... They tried to accuse him of just wanting drugs but they won't run anymore tests apparently. Finally got them to give him some painkillers and he managed to fall asleep a couple minutes ago.... Everything seems normal though apparently, they don't know why it's happening." He told her "I'm gonna swing by first thing and grab some clothes for him then I'll bring him back, thought I'd take Rory to go get ice cream, give you and Rick some time to talk." He told her

Nick followed him frowning, "Hey, we're all gonna see if we can find a bar open, you wanna... What's going on?" He asked him, seeing how panicked he looked. "Noah stop... what's going on?" He asked again once he got him to pause for a moment.

Max gave a heavy sigh as she listened to him and nodded a bit "Alright, thank you Vinny, this means a lot." She said softly before hanging up and trying to fall asleep. By the next morning she was exhausted, she'd barely slept at all. She smiled some as Ricky came home and hugged him the best she could "Hey....how are you feeling?"

Noah shook his head some trying to calm down but it wasn't working "Carmen never picked up Eden from daycare. They called me but the call dropped. The cops went to check on Carmen and found her unresponsive in the house, she....she'd been stabbed...they don't know how long...fuck Nick it was that goddamn stalker!"

He nodded and went to grab his stuff, “come on. I’ll go with you.” He told him, heading out and hailing a taxi to take them to the airport, not about to let him travel on his own panicked like this. They didn’t manage to get there until the following morning and Nick went with him to the police station so they could pick up eden first, going in and immediately heading Noah going off on the cops.

He smiled a little and kissed her head. “A little better. They’ve given me some painkillers in case it flares up later but still no answers.” He sighed a little, going to get a drink from the kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back