Equivalent Exchange - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood R.P.

Desu Juice

Big cheese, make me.

http://www.rpnation.com/index.php?threads/equivalent-exchange-fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood.10828/#post-391750

short0ks.png

A soft wind caressed the streets of Amestris, throwing leaves and dust against sidewalks and moving legs, shambling down streets in the early morning sun. People moved lazily, still lighthearted and content from their usually fulfilling sleep.

Soft light glanced through windows, where people stood against curtains to look down to the streets below. A slight warble could be heard- the voice of Sun God Leto on their radios.

Two, much more prominent and elaborate shapes made their way down the street.

Both wore matching attire, a standard military, trench coat. Both possessed pocket watches- the marks of the State Alchemist, loosely chained to the belt-loops in their pants, the broad silver ending the the coats of their pants. Both looked the same, possessing unmistakably aryan features.

Blonde hair, slicked back, although not in an overdone way, and blue eyes- coupled strong facial features, they were military men in every right and view-angle.

But at that point; their similarities ended.

One man, further up front, walked with his head up, chin pointed forward, and fiery, determined gaze unhardened by early morning fatigue, trained on the pastry shop at the end of the street. His hands were in his coat pockets, and legs locked stiff in a quick, and sure-footed gait.

This was Marcel, the older Hoffmann brother, aged twenty-two.

The second hung behind the first, moving albeit more sluggishly. His head was cast downwards, and, versus the bright, blue eyes of his twin, looked dark with something akin to focus. His hands were out of his pockets, hanging loosely at his sides. He looked calmer, his feet falling against pavement in quiet, shuffling steps.

This was Hans, and because he was Marcel's twin, he was also aged twenty-two.

But he was Marcel's younger by about an hour.

Eventually realizing his brother had fallen behind, Marcel paused in his steps. The disappearing of the click of his boots brought Hans's eyes up, to meet his brother's already-frustrated stare.

"God, don't fall behind or you'll get lost eventually, Bruder." The hour-older brother stepped towards Hans, sweeping his arm into the crook of the younger's elbow.

Arms laced together happily, they continued to walk towards their breakfast destination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Central City's markets were packed like usual. Among the crowd filled with merchants and bartering citizens, a young lady could be seen clumsily bumping into people. "Ah I'm sorry, I should have watched where I was going", she said constantly apologizing left and right. It had been several years now since Celia Harper had come back to Central City from Asia, but she could never get used to the city.

Celia had only recently started to live on her own away from her parents when she had turned twenty. Living on her own proved difficult thus far, especially when having to go shopping for her food. "Enjoy! Come again!" an elderly woman would hand over a bag of vegetables to Celia. The girl would tuck her long dark hair with fiery red streaks behind her ears before placing the bag in a basket she carried around with her and offering the merchant her smile of gratitude. "Many thanks ma'am."

It was a nice day with the sun pleasantly shinning occasionally being covered by a white puffy cloud. Thane was asleep beneath a nice maple tree in a small park across the street from the market. He wore a white dress shirt with it's a sleeves rolled up, a dark brown suit vest over it with the alchemist pocket watch appropriately tucked into it and black pants. Next to him lay his dark brown trench coat and a leather shoulder bag. His back was propped up against the tree and lying on his chest was an opened book on ranged alchemy and alkahestry.

Thane slowly woke with a big yawn shaking the sleep from him as he stretched out his arms. He closed the book still lying on his chest and shoved it into the leather bag and put his hands behind his head, just staring up a t the clouds hoping he could stay here just a little longer in blissful peace.

(( Alright everybody! Official start!

lez do dis

))

Both brothers swiftly made their way down the street, the distance between them and their sparsely furnished apartment increasing in increments--all correlation with this distance seeming to disappear when Hans focused more on their to-be breakfast down at the small diner at the end of the street. Marcel was content with tugging his beloved brother along- he swore he could smell toasted bagels at this point.

Hans seeme to be a lot less content with their arm-in-arm stride. His face had 'reluctant' written all over it, but Marcel knew better. He knew that a loving brother, and admittedly soft man hid under the ice Hans seemed so happy to spread all over himself.

A bystander had recognized the two, well-known brothers. The young girl waved, and eager expression on her face. Marcel hugged Hans's arm harder, suddenly drawing their bodies closer together.

They were especially known for being a twin act- everybody knew that the two were inseparable.

"Haha," The laugh was strained, forced between two rows of gritted teeth, "We're just trying to get freaking breakfast." Marcel waved quickly, and dragged his brother further along past a group of admirers. He was in no mood to stop now, not when food was not far behind their trek.

Wait. The girl was not as young as Marcel though- in fact, she was quite pretty.

Hans was silent, as he had accepted the blow to his cold exterior. Marcel on the other hand was chuckling and waving to the girl- completely absorbed in his five minutes of fame despite his five-minute-ago urge to run away.

Now it was Hans's turn to drag Marcel down the street, the diner being only a few steps away. The infatuated brother dug his heels into the ground, and Hans almost had to stop- military boots had incredible grip, designed to create heavy friction against whatever surface they were used on.

"Let's go, dammit!"

After bumping into people constantly, Celia had finally managed to finish her grocery shopping. She carried a bag of vegetables and fruits in one hand, and a bag of meats and fish in the other. For a scrawny girl, this was all the exercise she needed. Carrying groceries back home. As she was walking, she noticed a crowd was forming, but it wasn't the same kind of crowd from the market. There were squeals of the mass female population in one specific area. Curiosity got the best of her and Celia soon found herself tip-toeing around to see what the cause of the commotion was.

There were a pair of twins, in military uniforms. Although the crowd tried really hard to block her view, had the eyes of a hawk. Celia recognized them from the papers. The Hoffman brothers. Just from the way they were walking and acting, and even their facial expressions said it all. They had different personalities. Celia wasn't one to judge people. She only judged between the citizens and the military. She viewed the military as corrupt and violent, or at least most of them. She would look back at the crowd that seemed to absolutely love them. "Too bad they work for the military. They look like decent people..." she silently muttered under her breath.

Thane slowly stood up and checked the time with his state alchemist pocket watch that adorned his vest. Just then Thane spotted a small crowd just outside the market street visible from his favorite tree to sleep and relax under. Thane threw his trench coat over his shoulder and picked up his leather bag in his left hand and slowly strolled over to the crowd while scratching the back of his head with his right hand.

Thane noticed a girl on the outside of the crowd carrying grocie bags that seemed to weigh more than herself. Thane walked up to her with the simple intention of helper her with her bags when he heard what she had so softly said. After hearing that Thane looked into the middle of the crowd to see what she had ment. Thane saw two fellow state alchemists he recongnized as Hans and Marcel. Two people he had always thought were a little weird who just barley balanced each other out.

"Military boys ain't your thing?" Thane said jokingly to girl with a wam smile, almost glancing at his own state alchemist pocket watch that adorned his vest. "Need help with your bags?" He politely asked.

As she would carry her groceries, she would see someone approach her. Celia didn't know what was more embarrassing, the fact that someone actually managed to catch what she said about the twins, or the fact that someone was a state alchemist himself. From the corner of her eye, she did see the iconic pocket watch. "Ah, I didn't mean it in that sense...." she quickly tried to cover up for what she had said.

The man seemed to be a gentleman though, as he offered to carry her groceries. "Ah, I'm okay really!" she said, flexing her scrawny arms and flashing a small smile. That was when everything from the bags had dropped. Celia froze at the sight and slumped over in defeat. "Ah, I guess I could use some help", she laughed sheepishly.

Hans had finally managed to fully drag Marcel away from the prospect of a few young girls, and admirers, towards the diner they were supposed to reach a few minutes ago.

"Marcel, you idiot. Forget them, breakfast!" He huffed between gritted teeth, a hand clasped firmly around the taut muscles beneath the sleeve of Marcel's uniform. "Why are they suddenly all over us like this?"

"Ow, leggo of my arm!"

"Tell me! What did you do?"

"I... Ow, fixed a bunch of their stuff."

"We're not a freaking charity, Marcel!" Hans tossed the arm out of his grasp, steely blue eyes sending his brother a look of utter contempt. "We're State Alchemists, government personnel. We do not toil around with things that other people can fix!"

Marcel was used to this by now, his brother's cold tone, and stern, quiet style of scolding. His actions betrayed no real anger, not even his voice found purchase in a growl or a hiss. Hans scolded him like Father did, and Marcel hated it.

"Right. But we work for our country, do we not? Therefore we should help the people living in it." That shut Hans up almost instantly, though this new quiet was a far cry from any actual peace between the two.

A pause- Hans's eyes bore into Marcel's.

Then, "Let's go, I'm hungry." Again the cold figure shoved past Marcel- like he's done so many times before.

Marcel followed, and in an attempt to melt whatever ice had fallen between them, he added, "I'll pay this time."

It was a loose form of an apology, but Marcel was still a little bit too upset to go on out and beg for forgiveness. His arm was still a little sore as well.

The entire conversation had absorbed the brothers attention, and both were almost startled when they realized that they were finally in front of the diner, a little run-down place with no actual wall around its perimeter. It was out in the open, and while Marcel liked it, Hans felt a little exposed.

“How dare you call me a miniaturized human sized grain of rice, you moronic half-pint!!! Say something like that again and I’ll whoop your ass so badly you won’t be able to even think the word “shorty” again without wincing! I don’t care if you’re a girl, you’ve got it coming!”

True to her comment, Rogue’s companion is small for his age, standing at only around 4'11”. He wears his sunshine-blond hair long - currently tied in a braid that hangs down to his shoulders, parting his bangs in the middle so that they frame his face on either side as they fall and, in the center of the parting, even by purposefully leaving a single strand of hair sticking up (much like an antenna in her eyes), it hardly adds anything to his height. His golden eyes were flaming with a fiery anger, seeming to glow with his obvious contempt as he frantically waved his arms up in down in reaction to her words. Rogue couldn’t help but throw her head back in a good laugh, slight snorts escaping her humored expression as he continued onto his usual furious rant.

“DO YOU FIND THIS FUNNY?! I, FOR ONE, DON’T! You better cut it out before I REALLY get mad!!!”

“Brother, calm down! I’m sure she didn’t mean it….like that…..”

Throughout most of the ordeal, the small and seemingly gentle voice had remained very much silent, only choosing now to speak up from his nervous anxiety at the situation. But it really was the form in which the voice escaped that would cause that much of an imposing presence. In his gunmetal-colored steel armor body, the helmet that comprises Al's face is adorned with a large, conical horn in the middle of the forehead, has a pair of parallel, horizontal vents beneath each half-moon eye hole and a fang motif just above the protruding chin. The top of the helmet also sports a ribbon of white hair that hangs down to the small of the suit's back, curling in whatever breeze may flutter by. However, the trunk of this artificial body also consists of a wide breastplate with a protruding, triangular shelf on the chest just below the throat guard, a high collar that extends out of the back and surrounds the rear and sides of the neck, and a large, circular leather patch on either side of the abdomen. The physical formation itself also appears to have a triple spike motif, as each shoulder is adorned with a trio of large conical spikes lined in a row and each elbow. Even after all this time, Rogue found it ironic that such a sweet tone came from such an intimidating appearance.

Ed, on the other hand, was adorned in his usual black trousers a jacket of the same main color and material, though with white lining along the thick edges. The alchemists trademark bright red, long-sleeved, hooded cloak was draped over the chair he now stood on, even still proudly sporting ,in black, on the back is a Flamel, signifying his past apprenticeship under his teacher Izumi Curtis.

If it weren’t for the natural intensity which was displayed by his pupils, at this moment he would express absolute none of the earlier mentioned intimidation. But, as he continued to shout, as she continued to laugh, and as Al continued to frightfully wave his hands in a pleading motion, it was only the sudden noise of a nearby crowd that caused the bickering to momentarily cease. Rogue, Alphonse, and Edward all turned to glance at the sudden commotion. She raised an eyebrow, observing t two males who strutted towards the outdoor diner. Judging by their stance, they had to be of ether some higher class or military. The girl herself felt the weight of her own symoblistic pocket watch as it rustled in her pants pocket, hidden from prying eyes. She spun (literally, twirling her seat in a circular motion multiple times before finally stopping the dizziness by hitting the counter with her hands) back to face the counter, feeling the heat of the morning sun on her back as she only smirked. It had been a long morning, but all Rogue needed was a beautiful day to brighten her mood. She had only met the Elric brothers (what was it, twice, before?) and each time made it her duty to annoy the eldest of the two. Rogue just couldn't help it. Yes, this was a "professional business meeting"......but where was the fun in not taking advantage of her first time actually interacting with one of the most famous alchemists to exist?

“Hey, Fullmetal, were you aware that you qualify as a legal midget?” Her blue eyes sparkled with excited mischievousness. Edward Elric, on the other hand, looked as though he had just been slapped in the face by a ton of verbal bricks.Peeling his sights away from the two newcomers, his mouth open wide, Al knew it was up to him to "sedate" his brother before a real problem broke out.

((Late post is late. Because I am short *punny* on time, I was only able to type this up really quick in realization that my last post did not go through as I thought it had. I will make a second post to add to this as soon as I can))

(( No prob Doc! ))

Marcel was in the process of taking a seat- both gloved hands on the counter, one leg preparing to swing over a stool, when suddenly he received a sharp jab, directly below his arm- to his ribs.

Marcel stared at the guilty elbow of his brother fiercely.

"Ow! Again, Hans, rea-" He was cut off when his brother placed a hand against his cheek, rotating Marcel's head quickly to the left.

No way.

He settled into a seat before observing the group with a new air of confusion, not yet stemming into blatant curiosity--Marcel's glances were fairly well hidden by a facade of indifference. Hans sat beside him, more interested in his brother's thoughts.

"Hans, who...?" He trailed off, blue eyes suddenly eager with realization- he had seen them before.

The seemingly younger boy wore a red cloak, and Marcel recognized the State Alchemist insignia threaded into the back of the red material. Beside him was a much taller, much, much more intimidating figure dressed in a suit of armor. Finally, a small, slender girl sat beside the two, her light blonde hair and pale colored eyes standing out feverishly.

Hans glanced at his brother, "Blonde seems to be a theme here." Marcel laughed at this, and Hans found a small smile tugging at the edge of his lips at his twin's chiming amusement. He let that smile die when Marcel's eyes landed on his, though, but allowed his eyes to shine with a hidden laugh.

"I've seen the armored one before, and maybe the short one. But not the girl."

(( Short post is short ;c ))

punz

((
short0ks.png
I love this picture. Wish it was bigger, though.....

I'm sneaking on right now, so when I get a free moment in a little bit I'll put the RP post.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back