• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern End it All

Roger Greyson

I can Smell you
A comet smashed into the ocean. The dust and gas spread across the Earth, unlocking dormant abilities within humanity, everyone got something, but not the same things as everyone else.

Available Powers

Super speed: can move at extra-sonic speeds, and can move any part of their body, no matter how small, this fast

Super Strength: Stronger than the Hulk, in a more intelligent body... 'nuff said

control of time and space: can teleport themself and anyone they're touching or are telepathically connected to, to any point in time or space, can pause time

Telepathy: can connect to multiple minds, and can connect those minds to each other

Super social: becomes a master Orator, writer, and leader(doesn't seem like much, but Hitler had this power, see what he was able to do? Pretty super powered there... Not to say that I like the guy.. I hate him)

Last edited by a moderator:
((Sorry it took so long, but here's the starter))

Roger walked the lonely road, thinking of the past, and accepting it.He was now meant to change... everything, but seeing as he is imperfect, he would need allies... what was the use in a super social without the social anyway?" He started getting tired at around 8 o'clock, still nowhere near his destination of L.A., he eventually collapsed at around midnight, on the side of the road.

The next day, he simply continued walking, until he made it to L.A. He stood outside of the building that another super social was residing, by the name of CC. Roger would attempt to convince him to join in Roger's struggle to help the world.

Skye

I bounced my foot nervously as I sat on the bench. I could almost pretend things were normal here. The park across the deserted road still looked calm and comforting. It could still comfort me. It was some of the only green in LA. As I started thinking about the past, my foot started bouncing faster. Soon. it was a blur and I pressed down on my knee, taking deep breaths as I tried to calm. 
Skye-

I looked up as my knee slowed slightly, some guy's eyes were on me. I gave a small, shy smile, "Heya!"

The overtly bubbly girl sitting on the bench across from Roger seemed to be the kind Roger was looking for..perhaps not the super social he was looking for, but still, a superpowered person on his side with any power would help.

Skye-

He didn't say anything, so I wiggled my fingers in a wave, "U-Uhm, hi?". Unfortunately, my nerves were getting worse, my knee starting to become a blur as I bounced my foot.

"Speedster, huh?" Roger said, noticing her foot "Never met a speedster." Roger smiled, turning on his power,"My name's Roger, and you are?"

"I said my name was Roger, " Roger chuckled softly, "It's nice to meet you Skye" Roger extended his hand for a handshake.. that would seal it, she would do anything he said if she shook his hand....

Skye-

I made an awkward sound, somewhere between a mumble and a laugh, "O-Oh yeah". I shook his hand, possibly a tad too fast, "Nice to meet ya!"

Roger smiled again, perhaps a little evilly, regardless,he could now speak of his real intention, "I am forming a group of people like us... I think you would be a good addition.What do you say?" of course Roger knew her answer,but there was no fun unless he did it the way he did.

Skye-

I gaped, blinking, "M-Me?". No one ever thought I was great at anything. I stood up, clkapping my hands together lightly, "I'd love to! I mean, it's not like I have any other plans..."

"First thing's first, we meed a full team.. with your speed,we could gather them in a day.. are you in the mood for a road trip?"

Skye-

I grinned, kissing his cheek lightly in excitement, "Of course! I've never been on a road trip before!". Was I really that much of an asset?"

surprised by Skye kissing his cheek, his eyes opened a bit wider than his usual cool,collected look, "Uh, I need you to scout the country, see what you can find... how fast are you, by the way?"

Jason made a mistake. He had been traveling south from Oragan down to his home town in California. He had managed to grab a few rides, but food was tough. He got weird looks, mostly. He can't really blame them, being in a wetsuit and all. When the comit crashed he had been surfing and the impact had launched him up the coast.

His mistake came when he fell asleep hitch hiking a ride. He woke up in darkness with his hands and feet bound in what he assumed was the trunk of the car he hitched a ride with. He quitly struggled a little, but that didn't last long as the ropes snapped off.

He carefully cracked open the truck and saw nothing except the highway. He closed it down and waited for a while. He did this several times until he saw he was in a city of some sort. He took a calming breath and jumped out of the car. Jason quickly grasped his surroundings and ran into the park. A quick glance at the news paper stand told him he was in LA. He had traveled too far.

His kidnapper had "parked" his car, if that's what you want to calk it, and was now running at Jason. He turned away and started running, but his legs were stiff and he soon caught up to Jason. The fight was short as Jason simply pushed the kidnapper away. This made him fly against a tree and land in a crumpled heap. People were now looking at him. He ran into the nearest shop and hid in the bathroom.

(I'm not sure the next time I'll be able to reply, so please be patient)

Caiden awoke only to hear a bunch of voices outside of his precious building...

People just never go away do they... He thought desperately, trying to hold a pillow over his face and ears to drown out the sound. That proved out very quickly to not work, so he simply stood up, threw the pillow across the room, and got dressed.

Sure he was supposed to be "Super Social!" and everything, but he hated people... CC couldn't fathom why he got such a stupid and backwards power...

He fixed up his bronze hair some, before grabbing a single waffle to eat. The idiots outside were now making some ruckus about their powers and such, so CC had to finally deal with whatever was going on.

Nobody ever comes out to this part of L.A.... He thought, walking down the steps of his strange loft.

He opened the door and was greeted with the two faces that were the cause of his early wake. CC cleared his throat before he began to speak.

"Hellooo?" He began, carrying out the "o" in a friendly manner.

"May I... Help you two with something this morning?" He asked with a smile, before taking a bite of the waffle that was in his hand. His eyes were like a piercing blue color, that would almost make someone want to melt...

It was pretty obvious that this was a very sociable male, whether or not the male liked that fact himself.

Looking at the grouchy male that was now standing in the doorway, smiling an obviously fake smile (obvious to any super social, that is), Roger knew that this was the person he had come here for, "Actually," he said, flashing a million dollar smile, "You can, my name is Roger, I'm a super social, like you, though perhaps a little stronger, I am forming a group of people like us, who want to make the world a better place, I heard of you from all the way in Washington, where I was looking for someone like you, and I thought that you were the best bet for a second in command. What do you think?" He honestly believed that CC would say no... regardless, he needed to try.

Perhaps a little stronger? Who the f*** does he think he is? CC questioned internally. It wasn't that his smiles were fake, as they were most certainly genuine, ((Just putting that out there, I never said it was fake...)) he was just a bit tired this morning...

Caiden chuckled some, at the notion of making the world a better place and whatnot.

"Since you've heard of me, why would you think that I want the world to be a better place? If anything I would seek more satisfaction in its immediate downfall..." He explained, taking yet another bite of the waffle.

CC debated the statement for a moment before realizing a bucket-load of things... Things that shall be kept under wraps for now.

"Aha, but I'll humor you I suppose... Boredom isn't the most becoming of things for me..." CC replied finally, finishing off the waffle and brushing the crumbs off his hands.

We'll see who's the stronger Super Social... He thought, issuing an inside challenge just to himself...

"Great!" Roger said, "This is Skye by the way," Roger said, gesturing at Skye, "She's a speedster, and she's part of the team too, as of 3 minutes ago."

Roger knew that keeping CC from deviating from the actual goal of the group would be hard.. frightfully so, regardless, if life or this group was meant to be easy, then Roger himself would not be needed... and that would be a truly frightening existence. Roger shivered just thinking about it.

Alex walked down a street, looking to and fro to try and find a sign post or road plaque, anything that might indicate where she was. She had, after all, only lived in this town, heck, this country, for a couple of months, and still wasn't used to it. A car drove past and scared her a bit, not used to the cars driving on the right side of the road. Alex shuffled her feet as she moved, a breeze ruffled her hair and she thought she saw a blur fly past her. Weird she thought as her hair settled around her face and she kept on walking.

She looked up and saw 3 figures in the distance, maybe she could ask them for directions.
"Excuse me, I was wondering if you could direct me to the nearest McDonalds" Alex said in a quiet voice. she needed somewhere familiar, and they had McDonalds in England, so it wouldn't be too alien.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skye-

I stopped, spinning around to face the girl, "Excuse me?I didn't hear ya". I paused a moment, bouncing on my toes, I had to go, and I'd also just blown my cover. Never, ever, will I be a spy.

Alex wasn't surprised that this girl hadn't heard her. Speaking, in general, wasn't her strong suit. So she opted for a more direct message, using her newly acquired power to send a message directly to the girl standing in front of her. I'm a bit lost, could you direct me to McDonalds please? She felt the thought leave her mind, float through the air and seep into the mind of the girl before her. This was a lot easier than speaking

((Sorry. My laptop has been being a complete turd all day long. Ugh))

Skye-

I blinked, confused for a moment, "Uhm? It's a left on third street and then about two block and a right on sixth". Was she just really quiet or...?

Thank you Alex projected the thought into the girl's mind and started off walking up the street, toward her destination. she paused, thinking that she at least owed this girl an explanation seeing as she had seemed confused by the sudden words in her head. Just to clear up your confusion, I'm a Telepath, I can communicate with my mind. Sorry if I scared you a bit. Alex smiled what she hoped was a comforting smile and waited to see the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back