[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I must say I like the idea of protecting River's memory and work. It's symbolic as hell and it wouldn't be too hard to draw those tribal markings on an armor, it could even be even stylish.

Ok, sorry guys for making you wait for so long.

It seems like @Feantari is busy making rockets, so I may need to Deus Ex things a bit.

@JayTee I assume you don't want anything to do with the current scene, is Siham making is way to Cross as fast as possible or do you have other plans?

@cyl: It will take some time before you can pierce the orichalcum ego of the Celebrant.

If you and @Arynne are done, I can close the Scene.

Sorry xarvh, but yeah. I should be on a train tonight and have a chance to post, but haven't figured out what to post yet... Argis is probably just sizing up the visitor and trying to figure out if he knows anything about this DK.

He's Thousands Deaths Most Beautiful, mentioned by the Widow as a member of the Broken Circle, together with the Legion and the deceased Harm and Traveller.

@xarvh ; you can close it, I think we're done. It would have been cool to dig around Two Worlds and learn more about them, but it's not the most appropriate moment to do it.

Do we wait until you're finished with the rest of the guys or do we continue with another scene (possibly Celebrant in Cross or something we come up with) ?

Naaaaah.

Let's assume Siham & Argis survive, the worst case being that both they will be oathbound in exchange for their lives.

Anyone else but Argis is ready for a new Scene: Mirror, Fangs, Siham, Malek, Flicker.

What Scenes do you guys want me to open?

Also, it would be useful to have another Alchie PC besides Arynne's.

I actually have idea thing for that end of scene stuff xarvh. I'll try to be less of a slacker and send you something when I get to a real keyboard tonight.

Siham isn't about to swear any oaths, and will make so much trouble for anyone who tries to make him.

...I'm actually not really sure what I want to do with him at the moment. I've sort of hit a rut and I don't know what to do next (other than make flicker her armor). I'm open to suggestion, though.

@JayTee : Depends, besides being the guy who pops up awesome stuff out of thin air, what is Siham good at / wants to do ?

A few leads that might fit the character IMHO:

- avenging River: her killer, the Void Heart is still out there, alive and kicking (it is said that he often dwells in the Juggernaut, but is often sent to kill targets of interest... we just need to give Mask one and weave our web)

- kill the Legion (besides the Traveler who's already dead, she's the one that helped took the notes)

- find / build something capable of having a fist fight with the Juggernaut or ways to incapacitate him

- build a fleet of land ships with artillery to save people, moving them around / blow shit up

- pursue studies on the Bloom

- cure the Behemoth

- retrieve Agatha's notes which includes:

• finding the Widow (we suspect she's a prisoner in the Juggernaut)
  • freeing her
  • finding Words
  • taking the Ring of Non from him (preferably from his cold corpse... or by cutting his hand)
  • making the exchange

- finding and sabotaging the Crown of All Heaven (you know, the DB's death star)

- Rebuild Mirunda (always good for the Empire)

- find out more about Larquen Quen

- do some industrial espionage

- find out more about that deathknight who wouldn't kill mortals we saw in Lookshy, he could become an asset

Xarvh's Creation is big enough, and besides what we already know, there's plenty more to do we can come up with.

@xarvh : my work schedule is absolutely insane at the moment, give me a couple of weeks and I'll whip something up for the alchie.

I want to conquer the east (and eventually all of Creation) with an unstoppable army of magictech golems and death machines and rule over it as Emperor of Everything Forever.

I'm just not sure how to get there from here, as producing the vast amounts of Magitech needed seems to be obscenely cost-prohibitive in this game.

I should have made a Sorcerer, or a Dawn.

I want to conquer the east (and eventually all of Creation) with an unstoppable army of magictech golems and death machines and rule over it as Emperor of Everything Forever.
You've got serious competition for the title brother, you may want to get rid and their agents of them first, preferably one by one to even things out :tongue:
I'm just not sure how to get there from here, as producing the vast amounts of Magitech needed seems to be obscenely cost-prohibitive in this game.
I should have made a Sorcerer, or a Dawn.
Well then, why not try to find those vast amounts of Magitech you need ? ;)

Old Celestial Tombs and Caches are always good for that. Sweet back stories of crazy old bastards, danger, traps, possibly demons or even darker creatures... and epic tomb raiding !

A "golden army buried with its master to protect his remains and the rest of Creation from his vengeful ghost" isn't something that would not fit in Creation... and trust Xarvh to add additional sick plot twists to that base ! > :)

There are tons of stuff that have been built/written/birthed and lost, cast away or buried that we could get our hands on to make our mark in Creation.

Siham's got mad focuses to be the "awesome savant who unlocks shit faster than he breathes", the key element of any good team of wandering explorers. And he's got allies who have complementary skills that will definitely help him reach places from which only he can move forward.

So pack your bags and prepare to travel the world in search of stuff that will change it, forever ! :cool:

My idea involves Siham not swearing oaths and leaving nexus at best speed, however I don't know if they wil go for it.

The problem isn't the access to magitech, if I wanted to I could build myself a Directional Titan+robocrew out in the Wyld and pilot it back in to Creation while shouting "come at me, bro!" at the Mask of Winters.

The problem is that I have to pay XP for pretty much everything I want to craft or just put on my sheet through finding it. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this as I rarely spend that much time and effort on artifacts, but this time around I'm an artifact focused character. Shit be expensive, yo.

Arynne said:
We all go tomb-raiding in Rathess? ;)
We've been talking about it for what 2 years now ? :D

Perhaps when we've dealt with those bad guys...

Shit be expensive, yo.
Consider you're trading 2 charms for each 5dots artifact you make.

If the way you make an impact on the world is through artifacts, it's really not a bad deal at all.

WTF now I can post but I dint get notifications?

Meh.

Ok, I'll hold off any alchemical stuff till I get a second PC.

@JayTee: XPs are an insurance that something bad won't happen to your Background. If it's something you plan to use only once or so you don't have to pay for it. Also, you can definitely get your XPs back if you want to get rid of something.

In other news, while Argis so far had been a splendid diplomat, should he fail Siham will be given a choice: oath or death. One of the two choices gives you more chances to retaliate than the other.

XPs are an insurance that something bad won't happen to your Background.
Huh, then I guess my cloak and my ring are safe... someone else is wearing them at the moment, but nothing bad happened to them.

I am so relieved :D

@xarvh: So what you're saying is that I can go out in the Wyld, build a Directional Titan (or anything else) and pilot it back in to Creation shouting "Come at me, bro" to the Mask of Winters and I wont have to spend XP on it so long as it's for the overall use is for the betterment of Cross and the other PCs?

Also, on the subject of Siham's death, the Lion and that Abyssal are in for a nasty shock if they decide to kill him. the Ideal Savant's Utility Belt are based off of the Infinite Resplendence Necklace, so if he dies, his body and all his belongings will fade in to Elsewhere, lost forever. > :)

@cyl: XPs will cover your ass *up to a point* =P

@JayTee: it's not as straightforward as you make it, but I'd love to see you try.

Having his stuff and body disappear would probably not cause "shock" but more likely "contained disappointment".

You should really add a bomb to that thing.

A bomb would risk putting friendlies in harms way, no dice. Siham would still consider his body and all his stuff fading in to nothing a personal victory over his killer either way.

Users who are viewing this thread