• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Email notifications

Renn Skye

Two Thousand Club
For some reason I've stopped receiving all email notifications? I still have all notification options turned on (except for persistent notifications, so I should only be getting one email for a new post until I click on the thread again) but I'm not receiving any emails about new posts, and have to log in to the site and manually check for them.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Sometimes it helps to 'unwatch' a thread then 'watch' it again. I've had to do that from time to time meself, though, I don't like getting emails so I don't opt-in for them.

Xylin said:
Sometimes it helps to 'unwatch' a thread then 'watch' it again. I've had to do that from time to time meself, though, I don't like getting emails so I don't opt-in for them.
I've done that twice now for one thread, and while I've gotten responses after I'm still only getting on-site notifications. I did get an email notification for this thread, but am still not getting any for that one. Un-watching and re-watching is usually my go-to attempt, similarly to turning something off and on again. Maybe it's just that one thread that's having issues?

Hunh. Well I'll keep unwatching and rewatching and hope it mends itself them. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

[QUOTE="Renn Skye]Anything I can do to fix this?

[/QUOTE]
I don't know about you, but Google usually takes about an hour to send me an email from the site.

welian said:
I don't know about you, but Google usually takes about an hour to send me an email from the site.
Typically I get them anywhere between one to five minutes after a post is made?

[QUOTE="Renn Skye]Typically I get them anywhere between one to five minutes after a post is made?

[/QUOTE]
Clearly, your internet loves you. I truly am a red-headed step-child.

[QUOTE="Renn Skye]I use thunderbird as a proxy gmail goes through so that might have something to do with it too?

[/QUOTE]
Quite possibly, but that's honestly beyond the scope of my knowledge.

Xylin said:
You forgot bastard in there Welian.
Bastard red-headed step child. :)
Mommy why would you encourage me to swear???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back