Ebondusk

Carl

Not A Llama...
Feel free to use this thread for any and all OOC Chat/Questions/Etc regarding Ebondusk.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^

How's the collaboration going between you & Ire? Will be fun to have members of Eos who have a family, or other, type of bond between them already. :)

PS: If anyone has an idea, plot, topic or arc they want to see being played out at any given time; Feel free to share it here or PM me about it.

Personally, I would like to have a debate going on as how best to start out the opening plot/arc for Ebondusk; Any and all input is always appreciated. ^^

I'll edit or post in here once I work out my own idea properly. ^^

Below is the list of interested people in the up & running Ebondusk, whom are hopefully succesfully notified this time; Since it was confirmed there were people that didn't get the first batch of notifications sent. ^^

@Kharmin

@amdreams

@Cipah

@Empress of Ice

@Esme

@Ire

There ya goo~~ ^^

PS: I'm going to edit my History/Biography a bit, over the course of today, since I made it in a bit of a hurry and now that I re-read it....It's ridiculous. xD

Carl said:
Personally, I would like to have a debate going on as how best to start out the opening plot/arc for Ebondusk; Any and all input is always appreciated.
TBH this point concerns me a bit. I don't mind helping to provide input to an existing plot line, but when the onus is placed upon the "players" to steer the story as a whole, I feel that becomes more of a burden on us when the author should have some direction and/or goal in mind and the rough sketch/idea of how to attain it. I don't believe that the players should be responsible for this. As in my points before, this is of course my opinion.

I might be reading too much into this, too. Perhaps you are merely looking for the launching point of the story and already have a main story line in mind? If so, so high-level overview of that might be helpful for the rest of us to think of an opening scenario that might then lead toward that main idea?

Or, lastly, perhaps this RP isn't going to work for me? I'm still very much willing to at least give it a try as long as everyone else doesn't think that I'm being too particular here.

Looking at the first CS, I noticed that the magic talent is listed as "major". Is there some guidance as to the level and/or degree of proficiency that our characters might have so that there is some frame of reference for us to determine our strengths and weaknesses against each other? Or, is it just "major" and "minor" proficiency? If so, what more precisely does that mean? Are there any safeguards to prevent someone from going OP with their magic use?

Sorry, I know I'm asking a lot. If it's too much, tell me to stop. :)

Haha, I'm not thinking that at the very least, but it does seem I'm lacking in the descriptions I should write as a GM; I do have a plot in mind, to start off with and a general outlining for the rp, but I personally never enjoyed playing in an RP with a GM that doesn't value others input/feedback at all, nor do I like setting things in stone too much as it makes things (even if slightly) more predictable and less fun to RP in.

Part of what I enjoy most about collaborative story writing is the unexpected turn of events that can happen by other players' posts.

I'll type up the starter plot I had in mind more coherently and comprehensible, before posting it in this thread.

--

As far as the minor/mediocre/major degree of proficiency I had listed, these are quite vague indeed, but I personally use common sense not to go overboard and almost exclusively write in a fairly 'realistic' manner (Example: Not fighting a group of thugs, or even anyone who is described as an actual/experienced brigand; Whilst expecting to get out unscathed/surviving)

I should come up with a more user-friendly / all-round system perhaps; Honestly I wouldn't know exactly how to, without limiting creativity.

Maybe we can make it so that everyone lists the spells and magicbranches available to them in their CS + In case they want to evolve or forgot something at creation, they can edit and inform me so I can review again.

The above doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, what do you think?

Being a "medieval" setting, does that entail other races or is everyone human? Also, do we have any details as to the size of the city's population, maybe broken down by each quadrant? What climate are we in? Time of year? How are the buildings constructed and is there any centralized keep or castle for each group (other than Eos)?

Sorry to keep tossing things in the air.

- I'd rather every PC is a human, there can be automatons/golems/zombies/spirits/summons/etc etc played out through story (as NPCs) or through having relevant magic to be used as a PC (For example: a necromancer / summoner / ...)

- City's population is not something I've given much thought; Considering the medieval city is small enough to be ruled over by factions, I'd go for 1000 folks total: (basing this number of the size of the city and the medieval times-setting) Keep in mind not everyone is part of the governing faction of their respective territories either.

- N Ebondusk (Crimson Edge): 450 common folk (80 +/- of them being in the actual faction; 'Volunteers')

- W Ebondusk (The Dead Eyes) 300 common folk (100 +/- of them being in the actual faction; 'Volunteers + Recruited')

- E Ebondusk (The Crows) 250 common folk (unknown amount, but suspected force of around 40; 'Recruited')

-Time of Year/Season: Fall, 173 After Purge (The term 'After Purge' stands for the time when the first New Age settlers arrived to rebuild Ebondusk)

- Consider it a mild climate, W-Europe if you will; Never extreme weather, generally mild.

- The buildings are made of stones, bricks and/or wood mainly.

- Crimson Edge, N Ebondusk, holds the only castle in the city and while it's not exactly fortified; It's tactically built on top of a hill, with its own moat.

~~

If you have any other questions, fire away. ^^

Thanks for the additional details. Suggest they be added to your overview if you haven't already done so. ;)

Below is, a ridiculously amateuristic and shoddy, region map showing the Eos Territory and comparing it to the rest of Ebondusk.

0b88946008d05bd52a7a6ec0bdc7d132_zps0qkonbil.jpg

Tada (credit for the original map goes to ... some guy & Google :P )

good ol' gold, silver & copper, along with trading.

*Trades Iceh one noseslap for one grin*

Late afternoon, I believe, but check Mordecai's post to be certain. In the first few sentences, she mentions the time of day. ^^

Lovely Carly...Pffffft, good one. xD

Important Activity Notice

Due to some issues I've ran across my posting is severely limited. My to-do list is massive and I have no way to post. My iPad was stolen, I'm losing phone service tomorrow and have no idea when I'll be getting it back.

Sooo yea...​

Sorry for the inactivity on my part as well. I have been really sick for the last two weeks and really haven't done anything other than ... well, be sick. I'm on the mend and am playing catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back