• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Dreamy Awards (Worthless RP Awards)

amdreams

Black Market Witch
When I first joined RPNation, there were these blogs started by a user named Legendless where she would pretty much tell people her favorite rp, characters, etc of the month. This idea was also adopted by some others for a brief period and now it's my turn to steal the idea as well. Sorry, I'm just that bored. So here we go, the first installment of the Dreamy Awards. Please keep in mind that I am only reviewing rps I am in because I don't have time to go through everything else, no matter how bored I am.

Rps I was in during August: Dormer Academy, Dawn of Arcana, Kingdoms of Akirai

Categories: Favorite RP, Favorite Romantic Couple, Favorite Platonic Couple, Favorite Character to Play, Favorite Character Not Played By Me, Favorite Villain (I may add more categories next month)

Favorite RP: Dawn of Arcana

I know I was the one who created this so I may be a bit biased but I was really looking forward to playing this. I had these three story arcs all ready, with 4 people chosen to be the heroes. Too bad it flopped because the only person qualified to be the hero of the first arc sort of disappeared and we couldn't continue without finishing the first arc. The problem might've been too many people. I hope to create a private rp of this with only the 4 people playing heroes. I just hope the other heroes would be up for it.

Favorite Romantic Couple: Raina x Chameleon (Dormer Academy)

My characters are almost never in romantic relationships, partly due to me wanting to take things a bit too slowly and partly due to me not being able to ship my characters with anyone but my characters. But moving on, I decided to allow this category to include every couple I see in RPs, canon and crack.

So yeah, no couple really popped up for me, other than Mel x Riff but Riff's dead so it doesn't really count, but I do like Raina and Chameleon. They have a nice sort of dynamic going though not really enough to make me squeal everytime they have a moment. It's just sort of cute how they seem to bicker like an old married couple even though they aren't even dating yet. Plus all the other couples seem to be all set and done. They're together and that seems to be it, other than Bucky and Kat but they seem a bit too sweet at the moment.

Favorite Platonic Couple: Tybalt Hale and Dmitri Voss (Dawn of Arcana)

I personally believe that just about every female anime fan is a yaoi fan or at least shounen ai. I know it's a stereotype but that was the case with every female anime fan I met. I even love a good shounen ai couple, which is probably why this pairing is so appealing to me. Tybalt is the kind and somewhat naive new guy in town and Dmitri is the cold, experienced one who is very dependent on Tybalt's presence. How can you not read too much into this? Plus after Coro told me about the Arcana Mythos about how the Fool (Tybalt) becomes the World (Dmitri), I can't help but read even more into it and love it to pieces. Perhaps Dmitri depends so much on Tybalt's innocence because he doesn't want the boy to end up like him, warped by Daten City into a merciless monster. But then again, I'm reading way too much into this.

Favorite Character to Play: Melidianna "Mel" Lecarde (Dormer Academy)

Mel has always been such a treat to play, ever since Fighting Academy. From tricking everyone into believing her to be a villain, to the slang her and her servants use, to her cynical but somewhat innocent view of the world and her twisted sense of love, I have enjoyed almost every post I've done with her. And I kind of look forward to having her open up to people after Riff's death.

Favorite Character Not Played By Me: Dmitri Voss (Dawn of Arcana)

Dmitri is the sort of character who gets all the fangirls. Whose very gaze gets them panties dropping. Or at least that's in my opinion. A handsome but cold, merciless character, part of a dangerous radical group, who is on the brink of breaking under years of cruelty and segregation. He has such a bada** god with great capability for epic battles. And not only that, but he shows a soft spot for depending so heavily on the gentle smile of his best and only friend in a city of ruin and anarchy. If you haven't fallen in love already, you're probably a cold-hearted b*tch.

Favorite Villain: Thanatos (Dormer Academy)

I like Thanatos because he isn't the typical villain. He doesn't mean to bring chaos, or at least I hope not. But his mere presence just sort of brings out the hostility in people. It's also interesting to see how these people will deal with a bad guy they can't see or touch.

So, yeah. Those are my favorites for the month of August. Maybe I'll do this again. Maybe not.

@SorrowfulJoy @Coro @Carl @Faith Eliza Cord

Last edited by a moderator:
(...Yeah, I'm a yaoi fan girl, sorry to continue the stereotype there, but I just love it xD These Dmitri and Tybalt guys sound cool :D And YAY! RAILEON! :3 I feel incredibly honoured, and would you mind if I stole this and re-posted my own version here as well? xD It looks like fun to do!)

Sure, Jo, have at it. I don't mind. I mean, I stole it so why deny you the right to steal it as well.

And yeah, they only had three posts together but I was already shipping them. xD

TOASTY c:

This was fun, can't wait till next months issue!

Only 719 hours remain.

I'm glad you enjoyed the character Dmitri Voss and his interaction with Tybalt. :)

I'm sad we only made it to 3 posts together but ah well, really enjoyed playing in and reading Dawn of Arcana while it lasted!

Cheers Amsies :)

Yeah, too bad it was so short lived. Dmitri was supposed to be the hero of the Red Fang story arc, too. Upon hindsight, I really should've made it a private with just 4 players. There were only going to be 4 heroes after all.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^-^

We should still do that, because it was lots of fun. Plus there won't be too many people to break canon or whatever.

I'm totally up for joining a revamp of Dawn of Arcana!!! :)

Edit: if a revamp is going to be made, we should have a 4th faction consisting of newbies (Our PC's) who will bring a revolution in Daten City? I dnno, but it seemed like a fun idea :)

Well, if we can get Coro on board, then I guess we'll have a plan.

. . . How did you find out about that? Well, the 4th faction (White Riders) wasn't going to form until after the faction story arcs, started by Tybalt and the three lieutenants.

I didn't find anything out, it was just a random idea :)

But maybe we can 'completely' revamp the rp and start off as newbies arriving and forming our own faction after seeing none of the existing ones got the right mindset?

I'm all for Coro joining us, but I think he won't be active enough, personally, he usually appears for a day or 2-3 before bailing for months again :D

Whacha think?

Yeah, I guess you're right about Coro. But we need someone to play a character like Tybalt, who doesn't know his god's true name. We'll also need at least one person who knows enough about witches and gods to help the Tybalt-like character form a contract and such. So maybe newbies that have already formed their contracts? Or someone who's already living in Daten City but for a short period of time? Perhaps this is the wrong thread to discuss this . . . Maybe I'll open a conversation.

The 4th faction does seem like an interesting idea, and with a little working around, we can still have the faction arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back