• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ❀ Don’t stand so close to me ❀ [myah ‘n nicknacks]

He could understand the duality between her freedom and loneliness-it was a very fine line, with one thing often slipping or leading into another. He kept his gaze skyward, still deep and thought. If he'd been free to act however he wanted, to not have to worry about repercussions, would things have turned out differently? Would he have tried harder to finish school? Found something he truly loved to do?

He wanted to think so. But, deep down, Todd had the nagging sucpision that even if their situations had been reversed, he would be the same person-solitary and angry at everything. It was a bitter thought. At the very least though, he mused as Arabella spoke again, he wasn't alone to wallow in it.

His answer was non-verbal, a slow shake of his head, still looking to the stars as if they held the answers. Maybe it was a lie. His father was looking for him, along with all his footmen-Todd knew too much about how things worked. But they weren't looking for him to help him. People didn't run away from the street life. The street life was done with you when it had chewed you up and spit you out, and not a second before.

Arabella nodded her head at his shake, he wasn’t much of a talker, that much was obvious by now, her gaze flickered towards the driving side of the trailer, an eyebrow arched. “Where you headin‘, now then?” She questioned, shifting her gaze towards the direction of the ocean, the sun would be rising soon. As much as she loved watching it, she‘d need to get a move on.

It wasn’t all that out of the ordinary to see homeless people kicking about the streets, but it might be to see a girl who looked a complete mess, which ironically, she did. Even with all the money she had stuffed into her pocket, no amount of money was going to cover up the bags under her eyes, and the lack of hygiene. She needed to make it to a hotel as fast as she could - sleep and a shower was sounding all too tempting right now.

Maybe being free, wasn’t as fun or exciting as she made it out to sound. She hated the fact that she was alone, she hated knowing she had nobody. But she couldn’t exactly do anything about it - not anymore.

It was a good question, one Todd hadn't exactly thought about for very long. It was impressive to think that hurrying so much here and there had caused him not to think for longer than the next day ahead or so. It was part of living fast, maybe. "I dunno," he replied. "Drive down the coast, maybe. See where I end up."

Oddly, the silence that followed his statement seemed tense with pressure. Todd was all to aware that he might never see this girl again, probably more than likely, and somehow, the notion made him rather sad. He knew very little about her, just as she knew very little about him, and somehow, this made sticking with her all the more tempting. What would it be like to reinvent himself? To not be surrounded with people who knew him a certain way? To not be camouflaged?

"You wanna come?"

The question is out of his moth before he can think, leaving him drowning in the wake of the sudden offer that he could no longer rescind. He didn't know what he was thinking, just that he'd like to talk with her for a little while longer than one night.

Her eyebrow shot up at his question, her head cocking to the side slightly. Was he serious? wouldn’t it be dangerous to go with him? He was a stranger after all. But then again, if he wanted to hurt her, he would’ve done so by now already. Could she really trust him though? They had only met a few hours ago.

It’d be nice though. Being with somebody again, rather than being alone. Loneliness got...lonely. She hated it as much as she loved it. Besides, wouldn’t It be better going with someone who has transportation? So far, the men had caught her on foot, they would never suspect she was in a trailer of all things.

Her gaze snapped out to the ocean again, the horizon lighting up with different colours of orange, leaving behind a shadowy glow. The sun rising was always beautiful, it was magical when it was setting though. Moving herself into an upright position, she cleared her throat.

“Why?” Her eyebrows furrowed with the question, as much as she wanted to say yes, she had to make sure he wasn’t trying to pull anything else too. “You normally go around offering girls rides?” A teasing grin formed on her lips as she turned her gaze onto him once more.

Todd was already shaking his head when she asked him if this was something he typically did. No, it certainly wasn't. He rarely even had spoken to a girl, even back in high school-it just hadn't been something he'd ever felt inclined or confident enough to do. Even now, he was having trouble meeting her gaze.

"I dunno," was his stiff response to her question, at least before he realized that being so standoffish probably wasn't the best way to invite someone to come with him on a road trip to nowhere. so why did he want her to come? Maybe because she seemed sort of sad. Or because she was in trouble, and the last time someone he knew had been in trouble...

His chest tightened, and he cleared his throat. "I saw something bad happen to somebody a little while ago. And maybe if I can help somebody else, it'll....Be, maybe..." what? Easier? "More okay," he finished, cringing at his own awkward sentence.

Todd shook his head. "That don't make no damn sense. Sorry." he said, the horizon lightening to a brilliant shade of orange just a short distance in front of them, sunrise promising the rest of the world.

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Todd amended quickly. "I know you don't know me.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back