• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dominions: The Middle Ages

"What exactly is the quest your company is set for?" Graeme would ask.
"In a time long past, the Ermorian empire was an avid collector of knowledge. Any tome or script, both magical and non-magical, was collected and brought here and placed in the royal library. Most of the works within the library were destroyed, but our client hopes that the one he wants survived, and is still within."

"In a time long past, the Ermorian empire was an avid collector of knowledge. Any tome or script, both magical and non-magical, was collected and brought here and placed in the royal library. Most of the works within the library were destroyed, but our client hopes that the one he wants survived, and is still within."
"Hmm. Alright. Thank you for telling me. I shall go take my rest. Good night, mage," Graeme would say, before heading back towards his bedroll.

Last edited:
"Hmm. Alright. Thank you for telling me. I shall go take my rest. Good night, mage," Graeme would say, before heading back towards his bedroll.
You head to your bedroll, and drift off to sleep in no time. You awake in the morning to the sound and smell of fish roasting over the fire. The two red headed archers stand proudly, watching the food cook. It seems they had caught today's breakfast for you.

Jemmeh let out another burst of excited, garbled giggles at the impact of his attack, rearing back again in the same instance to raise his cudgel high above his head and bring it down onto the creature's own in one swift motion.

Jemmeh let out another burst of excited, garbled giggles at the impact of his attack, rearing back again in the same instance to raise his cudgel high above his head and bring it down onto the creature's own in one swift motion.
In a surprising effective move, the creature brings up its ax and swats away your attack. It attempts to quickly counter-attack by swinging towards your stomach.

The mage looks the penny over.
"Can't be that rich of a queen if all her currency is in bronze." The mage mutters. Regardless, he seems to be interested in the coin, and the uniqueness of it. It's not like anything that had ever been seen in these lands, after all. The mage rubs his forehead, and then sighs.

"Alright, my friend. You've caught my interest. Most of what you say sounds like a tall tail if I've ever heard one, but this coin has a pattern on it I've never seen. I'll be your guide, if you'll let me study any of these trinkets you have."

"All the dosh I've got on me, eh? Well, you drive a hard bargain. But how can I refuse?" and with that, Jean forks over a few shillings and a pound or two. "It's all yours, chap. Now. What say I get an introduction? You know my name. What might you be called, old sport?"

Jemmeh was surprised by the quick reactions of the beast, but opted to make a quick jump backwards in order to dodge the brute's swing.

"All the dosh I've got on me, eh? Well, you drive a hard bargain. But how can I refuse?" and with that, Jean forks over a few shillings and a pound or two. "It's all yours, chap. Now. What say I get an introduction? You know my name. What might you be called, old sport?"
The mage took the coins and stuffed them away in his satchel.

"Ah, yes, yes. My name is Cedric. My real name is, of course, unintelligible to the wide majority people, so Cedric makes for an acceptable substitute."

The plain man lays down his silverware, and begins to speak up.

"The gods don't fancy us mortal folks. They ain't merciful, and they ain't kind. After all, what kinda merciful god would make a boy blind from birth. Nothing he did wrong, and yet here he is. The gods are a right bunch of bastards, if you ask me." His voice showed just about as much emotion as you could expect from him.

"Perhaps. But there is a reason to what they do, friend." Xochitl crosses his arms. "Everything happens for a reason, no?" He looks at the plain man then the rest of the people in the group.

"Perhaps. But there is a reason to what they do, friend." Xochitl crosses his arms. "Everything happens for a reason, no?" He looks at the plain man then the rest of the people in the group.
"Reason? My friend, the gods do these sorts of things for the hell of it. Ain't no rhyme or reason, just a whim they had that day. If you came up to any of 'em and asked 'why'd ya do this to a poor, innocent child?' they've have no idea what'd be talkin' about."

"Reason? My friend, the gods do these sorts of things for the hell of it. Ain't no rhyme or reason, just a whim they had that day. If you came up to any of 'em and asked 'why'd ya do this to a poor, innocent child?' they've have no idea what'd be talkin' about."

"Perhaps." Xochitl goes silent, having nothing more to add the conversation.

You head to your bedroll, and drift off to sleep in no time. You awake in the morning to the sound and smell of fish roasting over the fire. The two red headed archers stand proudly, watching the food cook. It seems they had caught today's breakfast for you.
"Good morning." Graeme would say as he would get up from the ground, his back aching from the hard ground.

"Ah, so I guess Ermor's curse only applies to the self aware," He would say, having seen the fish cooking. "Or did these come from outside the empirem" Graeme would ask as he shot the two archers a look.

(Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been a tad busy)

"Good morning." Graeme would say as he would get up from the ground, his back aching from the hard ground.

"Ah, so I guess Ermor's curse only applies to the self aware," He would say, having seen the fish cooking. "Or did these come from outside the empirem" Graeme would ask as he shot the two archers a look.

(Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been a tad busy)
(No worries)

The archers look at each other, and then at you. It seems they aren't the type to ask these sorts of questions. Luckily, the mage is nearby to answer in their stead.

"The gods opted not to go for complete annihilation, and spared the animals outside the city. They've not been cursed with undeath as the city has."

(No worries)

The archers look at each other, and then at you. It seems they aren't the type to ask these sorts of questions. Luckily, the mage is nearby to answer in their stead.

"The gods opted not to go for complete annihilation, and spared the animals outside the city. They've not been cursed with undeath as the city has."
"Interesting. Well anyway, they look delicious, so let's dig in,"

"Interesting. Well anyway, they look delicious, so let's dig in,"
The red headed woman takes a fish off the fire and hands it to you. The fish is a bit overcooked, but it's good enough for what it is. You dig in as you watch the rest of the mercenaries file in to grab their breakfast too. Meanwhile, the camp is awash with activity as all the mercenaries, eat, pack up, and ready themselves for the day ahead.

"Perhaps." Xochitl goes silent, having nothing more to add the conversation.
After a few moments of silence, Clyde finally tries continuing the conversation.

"Anyway, theology aside, what made leave your home and go on this journey? Was it a dream? Were you touched by one of the gods?"
"Yeah, yeah, what was it."

The red headed woman takes a fish off the fire and hands it to you. The fish is a bit overcooked, but it's good enough for what it is. You dig in as you watch the rest of the mercenaries file in to grab their breakfast too. Meanwhile, the camp is awash with activity as all the mercenaries, eat, pack up, and ready themselves for the day ahead.
After eating, Greaeme headed back to his area, grabbing the few things he owned, before putting them into his satchel.

A few moments later, and he was ready.

After eating, Greaeme headed back to his area, grabbing the few things he owned, before putting them into his satchel.

A few moments later, and he was ready.
It's about ten minutes before the last of the mercenaries finish eating and packing up, during which time you are left alone to your thoughts. Finally, after everyone is ready, and after the captain has a brief conversation with the mage, the troop heads off. The mage catches up to you not long into the walk.

"How are you feeling, my friend? Are you ready to enter the cursed city?"

It's about ten minutes before the last of the mercenaries finish eating and packing up, during which time you are left alone to your thoughts. Finally, after everyone is ready, and after the captain has a brief conversation with the mage, the troop heads off. The mage catches up to you not long into the walk.

"How are you feeling, my friend? Are you ready to enter the cursed city?"
"I'm a tad sore from the ground, but I've dealt with far worse pain. After all, I don't wear this patch for nothing," Graeme would joke. "But yes, I am ready to enter,"

"I'm a tad sore from the ground, but I've dealt with far worse pain. After all, I don't wear this patch for nothing," Graeme would joke. "But yes, I am ready to enter,"
"That's good to hear. There aren't many accounts of what lurks within the city these days, so be prepared to face any sort of villain. All caution aside, while we have the time, now would likely be the best time for you to ask about some of the other miscreants you're searching for, as I can't guarantee survival at the end of this mission, for you or me, nor can I guarantee you that my troop will stick around and wait for you."

Jemmeh was surprised by the quick reactions of the beast, but opted to make a quick jump backwards in order to dodge the brute's swing.
Your dodge saves you from a quick gutting, and the creature's ax crashes to the ground.

After a few moments of silence, Clyde finally tries continuing the conversation.

"Anyway, theology aside, what made leave your home and go on this journey? Was it a dream? Were you touched by one of the gods?"
"Yeah, yeah, what was it."

The skeleton is reminded of his mother throwing her arm at him and telling him to piss off out of the family crypt.

"Yes, yes, a dream. It felt like a message from the gods themselves! I was standing in a grand temple with all the gods looking down at me, and it seemed like they blessed me..." Xochitl was fantastic at making things up.

"That's good to hear. There aren't many accounts of what lurks within the city these days, so be prepared to face any sort of villain. All caution aside, while we have the time, now would likely be the best time for you to ask about some of the other miscreants you're searching for, as I can't guarantee survival at the end of this mission, for you or me, nor can I guarantee you that my troop will stick around and wait for you."
"Aye, that is a good point. Then I shall tell you their names," With that, he would tell the mage the identities of the other eleven murderers.

"They are, the venomous Mictlan known as Isigaxa, the Undead Lizard Telelhi of the Blade, the Ulm barbarian Normac Steel-Song, Sandalphon the Shade, Charadon Wolf-Brother, the Witch Os-Gabella, the Orcish flame priest Jonas Endain, the wingless outcast angel Basium, the Ys woman Dalan-czar, the cryomancer Auric Ulvin, and finally, the fell-elf Lich called Nyloth Niss," Graeme listed them off, the further he went down the list, the more fearsome an opponet he listed.

"These are the monsters who killed my wife, as a payment for a debt I never owed. Back then, they were but a fraction of what they are now. Most of them still had some part of their humanity left. But not anymore."

"Aye, that is a good point. Then I shall tell you their names," With that, he would tell the mage the identities of the other eleven murderers.

"They are, the venomous Mictlan known as Isigaxa, the Undead Lizard Telelhi of the Blade, the Ulm barbarian Normac Steel-Song, Sandalphon the Shade, Charadon Wolf-Brother, the Witch Os-Gabella, the Orcish flame priest Jonas Endain, the wingless outcast angel Basium, the Ys woman Dalan-czar, the cryomancer Auric Ulvin, and finally, the fell-elf Lich called Nyloth Niss," Graeme listed them off, the further he went down the list, the more fearsome an opponet he listed.

"These are the monsters who killed my wife, as a payment for a debt I never owed. Back then, they were but a fraction of what they are now. Most of them still had some part of their humanity left. But not anymore."
The mage puts his hand to his chin, a combination of curiosity and concern plastered over his face.

"You're after some powerful people, my friend.. Many of those names would petrify a normal man. Niss in particular is a man known well to my people. He carried out his lich transformation in my early years. He was banished from the sacred isle immediately, as you might have expected. Last I heard, our trackers had followed him to Pythium, where they say he's been taking advantage of the chaos and death brought about by the empire's instability."

He pauses, delving further into his memory to track down what he knows of the other names.

"Os-Gabella... I recall having had a brief scuffle with her a number of years ago. A horrid old crone she is, but perhaps a bit too sure of her own magical skills. It's been a number of months since I heard anything of her, but the last bit of information I became savvy to placed her in the north, somewhere in Vanheim. Auric, on the other hand, has become much of a legend in the magical community. They say a trip near R'lyeh broke his mind, and that his experiments and magical research has turned towards the... occult. He currently resides in Agartha, in one of its most remote caverns. Basium is another legend, but unlike Auric, very few people can claim to know anything about him. He dropped from view of prying eyes more than two years, and no one has been able to find him since. Your best bet to find him would be to visit the capital of Caelum. I imagine such a man would have warranted a watch from their higher-ups."

The mage laughs as he pictures the next one, changing his somber expression completely.

"Jonas Endain, the minster of fire, was inducted into Marignon's red order. He's been thoroughly indoctrinated into their zealotry, has completely reformed his ways, and now strikes the unholy with righteous fire. If you pick a fight with him, I must warn you to be careful to do it quietly, lest you pick a fight with his whole order. Unfortunately, after those, my knowledge begins to fade. The Yssian is one I've heard of, but that which happens in the underwater kingdoms stays in the underwater kingdoms. I'd recommend visiting Pelagia if you want to track her down. The others are of more warrior stock than magic stock, so I haven't wished to keep tabs on them. As I've heard, however, they have attracted fame among warriors. If you happen to come into contact with any particularly fierce men, they'd be your best bet to finding information on them."

The mage puts his hand to his chin, a combination of curiosity and concern plastered over his face.

"You're after some powerful people, my friend.. Many of those names would petrify a normal man. Niss in particular is a man known well to my people. He carried out his lich transformation in my early years. He was banished from the sacred isle immediately, as you might have expected. Last I heard, our trackers had followed him to Pythium, where they say he's been taking advantage of the chaos and death brought about by the empire's instability."

He pauses, delving further into his memory to track down what he knows of the other names.

"Os-Gabella... I recall having had a brief scuffle with her a number of years ago. A horrid old crone she is, but perhaps a bit too sure of her own magical skills. It's been a number of months since I heard anything of her, but the last bit of information I became savvy to placed her in the north, somewhere in Vanheim. Auric, on the other hand, has become much of a legend in the magical community. They say a trip near R'lyeh broke his mind, and that his experiments and magical research has turned towards the... occult. He currently resides in Agartha, in one of its most remote caverns. Basium is another legend, but unlike Auric, very few people can claim to know anything about him. He dropped from view of prying eyes more than two years, and no one has been able to find him since. Your best bet to find him would be to visit the capital of Caelum. I imagine such a man would have warranted a watch from their higher-ups."

The mage laughs as he pictures the next one, changing his somber expression completely.

"Jonas Endain, the minster of fire, was inducted into Marignon's red order. He's been thoroughly indoctrinated into their zealotry, has completely reformed his ways, and now strikes the unholy with righteous fire. If you pick a fight with him, I must warn you to be careful to do it quietly, lest you pick a fight with his whole order. Unfortunately, after those, my knowledge begins to fade. The Yssian is one I've heard of, but that which happens in the underwater kingdoms stays in the underwater kingdoms. I'd recommend visiting Pelagia if you want to track her down. The others are of more warrior stock than magic stock, so I haven't wished to keep tabs on them. As I've heard, however, they have attracted fame among warriors. If you happen to come into contact with any particularly fierce men, they'd be your best bet to finding information on them."
"And have you any news of Sandalphon? All I know of him is that his title befit him well, for he looked to wax and wane out of existence every few moments. Could that be some sort of fell magic?" Graeme would ask the mage.

"Even if you know not of Sandalphon, your help has been immense already with your knowledge. I thank you very much," He would say, bowing slightly to the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back