Anime & Manga Discussion: Cat Girl/Boy ears, 2 or 4?

-Random_Person-

I am an avid, yet talentless gamer.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Something that always kept me up at night is a simple question: Do characters with animal ears (Ex: cat girls/boys) have only their animal ears, or do they have their human ears too? What is your guys opinion?

erm actually *adjusts glasses* the most scientific answer here would be a singular pair of ears seeing as multiple ears could interfere with the canals and brain activity. It could also lead to hypersensitivity and more prone to nausea 🤓

erm actually *adjusts glasses* the most scientific answer here
We are literally talking abt 2D women where most have ridiculous proportions, who also are nearly entirely human besides a tail and ears that belong to completely different species, and you are going with a scientific answer?

but also, thanks.

When I looked, most only had cat ears, but some still had human ears along with the cat ears. Looks like most go for just the cat ears and cover where the human ears should be so there's no unsettling swath of smooth skin instead.

I personally prefer the version of four ears over the idea that there is just a lump of skin where ears would be, like one of those scenes where the mouth is replaced by a layer of skin.

Also I disagree DragonSlayer57 DragonSlayer57 . Your conclusion relies on the presumption of a similar anatomy and brain structure to humans in every respect but the ears. However there is nothing to say that such a species wouldn’t or couldn’t have adapted to additional pairs of ears. Many animals have additional sensory organs or other body parts compared to humans and function perfectly fine. In addition there is nothing inherently confusing to a brain about having additional sensory organs. Though it may require additional resources to process, it add additional accuracy. We have two eyes after all.

I know I was the one who made this but things sure are heating up in the ear fandom

flashbacks to the "how many nipples does a kitsune have" thread

Oh great heavens…

but did they figure it out?
The vast majority voted it was 6 in fox form and 2 in human
The weird part is that the thread had been inactive for 4 years or something
Then some random dude made an account, posted in the thread suggesting they could be deflatable, and proceeded to never log in or post to RpNation again

Then some random dude made an account, posted in the thread suggesting they could be deflatable, and proceeded to never log in or post to RpNation again
I-

As part of the random people community, I swear he wasn’t one of us-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back