Different blood (MikeOfTheCross x LynxAmelia) [Inactive]

MikeOfTheCross

Nuzlocke Master Michael
MikeOfTheCross submitted a new role play:

Different blood (MikeOfTheCross x LynxAmelia) - Would Vampires ever consort with Werewolves?

Typically, Vampires and Werewolves are natural enemies, but what would happen if an adversary came forth that threatened both races? Would they put their differences aside to end the evil that has brought both of their races toward extinction?
See what will occur when they come together attempting to put an end to the villian that plauges both Vampire and Werewolf.

An alien race known as the Mane have invaded Earth. Humans and their weapons have no effect on their kind. The only races...
Read more about this role play...

The full moon shines brightly into the somber, red eyes of the pale superhuman. Emotions run rampant as the morose humanoid visualizes the fall of his family members over and over again. Standing upon the deserted family estate he once lived in happily with his people, Cassius releases his heavily bottled emotions with a long, single shout of pain and anguish. During this shout, the element of fire Cassius so naturally controlled, recklessly engulfed his entire body. Having no need for the mansion beneath his feet, haunted by the memories of times spent inside, Cassius takes a tremendous leap into the air, aggressively making a 180 degree spin in midair, discharging white-hot flames onto the enormous manor.

Gracefully landing on his two feet, Cassius regained his composure, as if his anger, sadness and frustration was released along with the flames that surrounded him. Watching the place he, once, proudly called home turn into an monstrous inferno, Cassius takes a deep breath and exhales. He found something calming about what he saw before him, perhaps it was the end of a chapter in his life and a start of a new one. He no longer had anyone to call friend, but that wasn't what concerned him the most anymore. He no longer had anyone to assist him in survival against the fearsome Mane that invaded Cassius's home planet.

Running his hands through his long, black hair, Cassius considers his options. He knows Mane have no prejudice when it comes to their victims, he also knows that the humans and their weaponry cause no harm to alien threat. The only real choice he has is to make a friendly visit to his race's original enemy, the Werewolves. Luckily, he knew of a clan that made home in the heart of a nearby forest.

"Alright, then," he spoke out loud, to no one in particular, "let's see if the wild beasts can be reasoned with."

Cassius set off to the woodlands that housed the closest Wolf clan he knew of, leaving the ashes of his former home, and his past, behind him.

Angie, as she was called, sat perched high up on a tree. It was her turn on the sentry. Friday's always were her turn. She closed her eyes and slapped an open palm over her forehead. There wasn't any turns anymore. There wasn't any 'we' anymore. There was no 'clan' anymore. There was only her. Her and the empty cave in the middle of a forest that no one knew of.

Behind her closed eyes, ran memories of her clan, her family since her birth. Her birthdays, the day when she came of age, her training, her first hunt, her first kill... All of that was celebrated with great joy. She had even been given the title of "Lightning Claw" by the Northerend clan. Her clan. A clan that no longer existed. She shouldn't have gone hunting that day. She should have listened to her mother's warning. "The woods are too quiet, the wind has gone still. Stay with us, Angie. I fear grave danger." The words echoed in her mind as she thumped the tree she sat on.

All life seemed to have fled the forest ever since that fateful day. The day when an alien decided it would be fun to see how quickly he could kill her family. No one stood a chance. Not even her brother, the strongest wolf in all the clans in the region. She had howled in sorrow, she had howled in call. None of the other clans seemed to respond. Perhaps they fled too. Or perhaps they too were slaughtered. All she knew was that she had to leave. She had to get revenge.

Despite her highly emotional state, her ears perked up as she heard the snap of a twig. Her large violet eyes, her mother's eyes, scanned the surroundings before she jumped to another nearby tree. And another, until she came upon the form that was the source of the noise. She sat on a low branch, the soles of her feet on it as well as her hands, much like how a dog would sit. She bared her fangs as she noticed who it was. She wasn't about to let a blood sucker defile the land her clan had died on. "Halt!" she growled, "Now. If you value your life."

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassius approached the forest that housed the Wolves he needed to request the help of. Upon entering the forest, he noticed how unusually quiet. Growing concerned of the state of the Wolves he wished to call allies he quicken his pace toward the heart. There was no signs of any lifeforms as he progressed further into the dark forest. He was, once again, grateful for his ability to see in the dark.

'This is too eerie,' Cassius thought to himself, 'even if the Wolves were still here, they have nothing to hunt in these empty woods. They would have to move to another area to feed themselves.'

Just as he was losing faith in his objective, Cassius hears the distinctive howl from one of the very Wolves he seeked. With renewed hope, he pressed onward toward the cry of the ones he seeked.

Hearing movements from above, Cassius continues forward, but with caution to the many branches overhead. Finally, the cause of the noise reveals herself. Looking up at the one who threatens him, he sees the female in a pounce position. Having many of run-ins with the Werewolves, he knew this was an attack pose. He sticks his arm outward toward the mysterious woman, with his hand outstretched, making the "Stop" sign.

"Relax, Wolf," he speaks in a neutral, but non-threatening voice, "I mean you no harm. I've been around long enough to know when one of your kind is alone. There are no 'lone' Werewolves. So, tell me, where is the rest of your clan? Surely, you cannot be alone? I, simply, wish to speak to your leader. I have, an admittedly unusual, request I think would benefit us both."

Angie's eyes narrowed at the sight of the vampire. "And you assume that I would just lead you to my clan do you?" she asked. Over the years, disguise and lying had become one of her rather unique talents, "Whatever this 'request' of yours may be, let me hear it and I shall decide whether it is worth discussing further."

Despite being alone, the Wolf still stands her ground in the midst of, what normally would be, a threat to her. Cassius respected this and flashed a handsome smile in her direction, also revealing his two, sharp canine teeth.

"You seem like a strong woman, I like that," Cassius speaks with his most charming tone of voice, shifting immediately to a slightly threatening tone, "however, do not take my current kindness as a weakness. Normally, by now, I would have your heart pumping in the palm of my hand." Cassius never broke eye contact with the woman.

Going back to his charming tone, he continues, "It is safe to say that this is not a normal situation, though. I will accept your terms.

Obviously, our planet has been invaded, we both know this. I'm sure your race and maybe even your clan as suffered plenty of losses because of what they call the 'Mane.' My race has suffered as well. Alone, we were defeated by them. In fact, it was almost as if they knew our exact weaknesses and exploited them to the fullest!" Cassius grew increasingly frustrated the more he reflected on his encounter with the Mane, "clearly, I was able to survive, but only for one reason. That is beside the point, however. I come to you with a request of an alliance. A temporary one, if need be, against these ruthless aliens. Is that worth discussing to you, Wolf?"

Angie bristled and snapped her jaws. "It would do you well not to threaten the very person you are seeking help from," she said, a deep growl following her statement, "Whether or not I decide to take this up any further, an apology is in order." Her tone was authoritative. She'd never used such a tone within her clan, despite being the Alpha's daughter. Right now, she was the Alphess and the sole survivor of her clan. She had the right to demand respect from this blood sucking tick at the very least. 
(Sorry if my posts suck, I'm kinda studying on the side. If they aren't good enough, let me know and I'll edit.)

A bit surprised by the Wolf's response, Cassius chuckles to himself for a moment. "Very well, Wolf, I am in your territory after all. You have my word, I will not threaten you again, so long as you agree to the same. I don't take kindly to threats, something we clearly have in common. My apologies for offending you. Now, can we start over and introduce ourselves? We have more pressing matters at hand right now.

How about you come down here? My neck is beginning to ache," Cassius requests, joking about his neck.

(Don't be silly! I enjoy RPing with you, you portray your character well :) a bit more content would be nice, but I understand you are a tad busy right now, so don't worry. Don't stress it! BTW I kinda rushed this one, sorry... I am about to sleep though, so we can continue tomorrow!)

Angie narrowed her violet eyes at this stranger. Though she wished to trust him, she had no choice after all, her instinct asked her to rethink it.

"That desperate, are you?" she scoffed, a wide mocking grin on her face, "Have the great vampires truly fallen? This certainly is an occasion to rejoice. Though I do regret not having a hand in it." Though her tone was gleeful, her face quickly turned serious. "I suppose I have to admit it. My clan is no more," she said, her eyes dropping, her bushy brown tail hanging low from the branch, "I think it was the same creature that put down your family. I regret to say this but yes, I am at a position to accept your alliance."

Angie hopped off the branch, landing on her fours a few feet away from the vampire. Then she straightened herself, her tiny form seemingly overshadowed by his huge one. But her stance was not one of weakness, her hands on her hips, her eyes inspecting him, "Are you sure I can trust you?" was her only question.

Cassius was surprised to hear that she was also a sole survivor. Although he was hoping for a bit more allies on his side, he was glad to have at least one watching his back. He immediately wanted to test her strength, but perhaps this wasn't the time for it. She wasn't a vampire, she'd have to trust him more for a friendly spar, he supposed.

"I am Cassius II of the Alucard house, and I swear on my family's name that you can trust me," he spoke, respectfully bowing to the woman.

Cassius has gained interest in this woman, she has a lot of pride in herself and her heritage, he knew this and related to it.

Last edited:
Angie's eyes still held the threat and disbelief that was instilled in her since her birth. She dropped one hand from hip, attempting to look less of a threat. She needed this man's help, no matter how much she distrusted him. She closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh before nodding a little. "I believe you, Cassius," she stated, "But trust is earned and grown, not merely given."

Then she lifted her head, her ears twitching slightly at the top of her head as she flipped her long braid back. "I'm Angelique," she said, "From the Northerend Wolf Clan." Her voice carried a tone of pride tinged with sorrow.

Then she extended a hand towards the vampire, "I do hope we have a good partnership," she said, looking squarely at him.

Cassius grasped the woman's hand and gently shook it, "pleasure making your acquaintance, Angelique," he spoke formally, "but now we must ponder upon our next step. There must be some way to defeat this threat, I'm confident that our alliance is the beginning of something good. Unity, I believe, is the only solution Earth has for protection and the humans are proving to be worthless."

The latter was kind of difficult for Cassius to admit. Although he usually "hunted" with his family, he enjoyed the thrill of a one on one fight with a formidable opponent. However, the Mane have proven to be a strong force to be reckoned with. At this moment, he wonders, again, just how strong Angie is.

"Have any suggestions toward our issue here?" Cassius asks, testing his new partner.

Angie pulled her hand back immediately. It was evident that she did not trust the vampire just yet. "The humans have never been worth a moment of my time, Cassius," she said, rubbing the back of her hand a little, "I hadn't even known of the existence of this creature until the day he attacked my clan." Angie preferred to leave out the part where she wasn't around to help. It was probably the only reason she'd survived to have this little conversation anyway.

"My first suggestion," she began, "Would be for us to find a suitable accommodation away from the reach of this alien for at least a short while. And a source of food as well."

"The humans," Cassius scoffs, "aren't worth a moment of anyone's time. Unless they are underneath my teeth, of course," he finished with a grin.

Considering the diet of a vampire, Cassius wasn't too worried about food, however in order to gain the trust of his new friend, he decides to help her out with the acquirement of food any other necessary resources.

"I don't need food to survive, Angelique, although I'm sure you know that. I can go a few days without feeding and all it takes is but a small animal to quench my hunger, if I don't expend too much energy. However, with our new-found alliance, I will help you hunt down whatever it is that you need. As for shelter away from threats, we're going to have to put that on hold for now, until we come across something that works for us."

Cassius turns his back to Angie and takes a few paces opposite of her position. He shuts his eyes and ponders for a moment about potential hunting grounds that haven't been eradicated by the Mane just yet. Realizing that it was almost impossible to make an assumption about where they have and have not been frustrated Cassius. Taking a deep breath and exhaling, he turns back toward Angie and speaks.

"I haven't the slightest clue where suitable prey exists right now for you, Angelique," he admits, shaking his head, "however, I think it's safe to assume that this forest is abandoned, meaning we should definitely make our exit and look elsewhere, agreed?"

Angie turned around a little. Her eyes seemed to glaze over as she gazed mournfully into the forest, her home. The more she thought of it, the more frustrated she became of her own negligence of her clan's safety. For a moment, she crouched down, her eyes squeezed shut and her furry little paws clenched tightly, almost painfully. She didn't have anything, no remnants to take with her. Not even their corpses.

Before she knew it, she had thrown her head back and howled a pained howl that rang out into the woods and beyond, ending with a growl of vengeance. With a final pound of the ground, now damp with her tears, she stood up, turning her back to the woods, never to see it again.

She walked up to Cassius and asked, "Where to?" she asked, determination glittering in her violet eyes.

Hearing the painful howl that Angie released followed by her tears and fist pound against the dirt, Cassius sorrowfully looked at her and could relate to the anger and frustration she felt being unable to stop the slaughter of their families. Despite the anguish felt from her loss, Cassius could still see the strength and will to go on in her eyes as she approached him and spoke.

"First thing's first, we get out of here. Do you recall, by any chance, which direction the inhabitants of these woods fled to during the initial invasion? I know it may be hard to think about that time, trust me, but we have to move past the losses we have experienced and use it to fuel our abilities to protect what we can now. Speaking of which, at some point I'm going to want to see what you are capable of physically," Cassius says.

While saying all of this, Cassius leads the way out of the forest that Angelique once called home.

Of course she knew where the creatures ran. She had been out hunting at that time. It pained her infinitely to think of that night yet again, but this time it was for information. She nodded her head towards the right of her, mumbling, "That way." But what she did not know was why they ought to go there.

For the first time, Angie let her eyes travel over the vampire's form. He certainly did seem well off, though his clothing was a little impractical for the hunting that they were going to do on a regular basis. But she had to admit, she would probably never be able to afford such clothing, nor would she be comfortable wearing the fur of another animal that was killed for this particular sake.

Her attention was soon drawn by a low growl that was emitted by her stomach. She cleared her throat a little in embarrassment, but she was unable to deny that she was indeed hungry after not having eaten in the past couple of days.

Looking at the direction that Angie gestured toward, Cassius speaks, "so west then, huh? We ought to follow their tracks then, perhaps we can run into some food for you to eat. Sounds like it's been awhile since you've had anything in your stomach, right? No need to hide it. I can understand how hard it could be to leave the home you were raised in," he sympathized with Angie.

Cassius had some experience with tracking footprints, but he figured Angie would have the upper hand in his area. "Hey, I think you should lead now, you have a better understanding of this forest and I'm sure you are exceptional at tracing animal footsteps, no?"

Angie sighed softly. "Come on then," she muttered, getting onto her fours and sniffing the ground as she headed in the direction. The scent of the animals seemed too odd for her. "Something is not right," she said, standing up once more. She shook her head vigorously, "We shouldn't go there, we just shouldn't."

Sniffing the air once more, she smelled the faint scent of rotten flesh. She winced and turned her head away, covering her nose with her paws. "It's a trap more than likely," she stated, "Let's go the other way."

Cassius looked at Angie with a slight look of confusion. Obviously she smells something rancid, but surely that wouldn't be a trap. The Mane are beyond using something like that, they rely more on brute strength and abilities. Then it hit him. Perhaps the smell was coming from the wreckage that was the previous home of Angelique and the smell was the corpses of her late family. The thought of her seeing that made Cassius look away from her, hanging his head low.

"You're right," Cassius spoke in a low voice, "we should go the southwest, it will get us around whatever that awful smell is and we will still be heading toward the trails that the fleeing animals left behind."

Heading in a new direction now, having his mind on Angie's family, Cassius' curiousity begins to pick at him.

"So you said you were in the Northerend Wolf Clan, right? What was your status in that Clan?" Cassius asks, hoping for some friendly conversation.

Angie walked beside the vampire at a safe distance. It was obvious that she did not trust him too well. "Northerend Wolf Clan's Alpha, Vaughn Allen's daughter," she said, her voice with just a hint of pride, her head tipping back just a little bit, "We are, sorry, were the largest and the strongest clan for miles around." She bit her lip softly as her head lowered once more, "Though I wonder what the plight of the other clans are now..."

Though not belonging to another clan, she still cared for her brethren in other clans, no matter how hostile. Alliances were often made and broken, but it was her nature to be protective of all of them.

"What about yourself?" she asked, turning her head a little to face Cassius, "What is your status in your family?"

Cassius looked upon Angelique with a bit a shock on his face. "So you're the Alpha of your clan's daughter? That makes you the next heir for Alpha then, huh? You must have a lot of pride in your family, something I can relate to. As for me, I am the youngest son of the head of the Dracula House. My brother was the one who would have been the heir, but since everyone is... gone, I am the head of my family now. I guess that makes us special, huh?" Cassius ends, with a laugh.

While obtaining food for his ally weighed heavily on his mind, he also took into consideration the other thing Angie mentioned, other clans. Cassius decides to speak his mind.

"Say, Angelique, after we acquire some food for yourself, I think our next goal should be directed toward forming more alliances with other Clans and Families. Obviously, this is a time of great peril, I'm sure there will be no questions asked in the midst of an alliance. Temporary, if need be. What do you think?"

Angie threw her head back in a short wry laugh. "Alliances indeed. Might I remind you, Cassius, that I doubt any of them have even survived this little invasion?" she asked, her voice sour. It annoyed her that he would think that a clan wouldn't want an alliance with her own, no matter how few members are left. For such was the legacy the Northerend Clan had left in the lands. And everyone of her kind will speak of them for centuries to come, she would make sure of it.

In the meantime though, her gaze dropped to her padded paws walking through the dirt floor of the forest. Even the smallest of grasses seemed to be.. dying. She sighed, perhaps she had trusted this man fully. "Do call me Angie," she said softly, "Angelique sounds too formal." She kicked a random stone in her path as she stuffed her hands into the pockets of her trousers. "If nothing shows up, we might have to hit a human civilization..." she thought aloud, her tail flicking behind her casually.

Cassius quietly sighed to himself, gazing up into the sky. Maybe she was right. Perhaps it was foolish to assume that anyone from his or her race even exist anymore. Especially in the area they were in. "You know, it's funny. Before all of this, I rarely felt the emotions I have been experiencing. Despair, hopelessness, but also, an undying urge to persevere.

Angie, then, is it? Angie, this is the most our wills have ever been tested. We must not fall to pessimism. Despite everything, we cannot lose hope!" he exclaimed.

Cassius felt it was his responsibility to heighten the spirits of his new friend, it wouldn't do to have a disheartened ally against such incredible enemies. "Angie, I believe in you. We both survived the initial invasion and here we are. We even found each other. Our meeting has significance, I just know it! I need you to know it, too. I trust you to have my back in any given situation, like I would have yours. I know we have only just met, but you've already impressed me beyond what I expected to find in this forest. We have the abilities to fight, backed by faith in ourselves and in each other, we can make it far!"

Angie gave Cassius an incredulous look before bursting out into peels of laughter. She stopped walking and doubled up, holding her belly for several long minutes, just laughing endlessly. "Oh.. haha.. Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed, once she was done with her bout, still giggling occasionally. "My dear man," she said, putting a hand on his arm, "You seriously must consider one of those human jobs. Motivational speaker is it?" she asked, wiping the tears that seemed to have streaked her face from laughing, "No offence though, you seem rather good at it."

Once she stood up and her broad grin eased into a broad smile, she continued, "Honestly, I did not mean to offend you. And I hope you realize just how difficult it is to simply move past the fact that my family, and probably my race, is now gone. And yes, we do have the abilities and enough strength to pull off what we intend to, but it will take a long time, who knows how long? And perhaps by then there won't be anything left to save."

Then she put up a hand in defense before continuing, "No, I am not being pessimistic, only stating facts. You have to call a paw a paw, or as the human saying goes, call a spade a spade. Right now, the best we can do is survive. And that, we can do very well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back