• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Death's Paradise

Schnitzel

Rada, Rada Rada Rada. RA-DA.
In a world gone bad, demons are invading, killing any and all life that their eyes can see. At first there were around a thousand of the fuckers, but now the world has gone to shit and they kill people left and right, infecting and transforming them into beasts. Some got it easy, only getting horns and a tail, but others were transformed into hideous beings. Most humans, when transformed, serve a demon lord. They do their lords bidding for them, so that they don't have to get their own hands dirty. There are humans, well demon's now, who try and resist their blood-lust for humans. But, the weak-willed ones will become savage and lose control of their humanity.

A year passes. Now everything has died down and the blood had dried. Demon lords are hunting for human blood to quench their thirst and you, the player, have to survive their advances, die, or become a demon yourself. But remember, they are not as dumb as zombies from video games. An average demon's intelligence is above an average human's, even if they have lost control of their humanity.

(You start off in NYC, a large city and perfect spawning ground for Demon's. The empire state building is where the King Of Demon's resides and the surrounding buildings are where most demon lords live. All exits to the city have been blocked off by the destruction of the demon's. Good luck out there.)

​

(CS)

"Dad! When are we getting home?"

"Soon. First we have to stop off and pick up some food for our dinner.

"Yay! Can I have fish again tonight?"

"Yes sweetie. Before you go to bed, remember to call mom and say good night."

"I always do, dad."

---

'It's been a long time since that day. The more I think about them, the more pain I feel in this rotting heart of mine.'

The six foot nothing man walked through the streets with the bottom of his pitch black trench coat flowing gently behind him. His snow white, spiky hair danced with the wind, making dark shadows move behind him. His name is Dean, and he was once a Human, now corrupted by the tainted blood of the terrifying beings known to Humans as Demon's. The abandoned street was only occupied by left over cars and piles of rubble. A machete was held in his left hand, with the blade covered in brain matter and the thick red blood of Demon's.

A few moments later, he found himself at a store. Before he entered to see what was inside, he knocked on the door three times. Two demons that had turned savage smashed through the window next to him, giving out terribly loud roars in his direction. They must be hungry, because they looked very skinny.

4c3e36b60b657eceb1a8828a7529f935.jpg

He readied his machete, watching as one of them crawl/sprinted forward. His mask scanned both of them and they were both injured, but not severely. Dean dodged the first attack, by stepping to the side and with one slash of his machete, killed the beast. The only problem was that Dean had gotten his weapon stuck in the head of the Demon. The other one noticed this and made a dash for him, causing him to put his right arm in the air to block it. Once the Demon tried to chomp down on his right arm, he placed his foot on the dead one, giving him more of a chance to rip the machete out of it's skull. When the machete came out, it made a disgusting sound. Dean then drove the blade home multiple times in the stomach, which sprayed blood all over and around him, but did it's job by killing it.

"Fucking Demon's."

He spat with venom, finally walking into the shop to scavenge.

-------

@Flowër Powër

@Ash Ketchup

@Floreilinn

@Ruvik

@TenshuZninja

-[[ First post is up, post whenever you want. ]]-

Last edited by a moderator:

Dakota had gotten more sleep that night than any other in this hellish apocalypse. A solid 45 minutes made her wide awake, eyes peering through the ripped folds of her tent. She studied the endless red sky. She had lost track of time, night never falling and day never rising. It was as if New York had been transported into hell.

Of course, that wasn't right. New York was hell. It had been ever since the demons appeared, wreaking havoc and taking over the city. The endless red clouds were one of the many effects of their presence.

Dakota sat up, unzipping her sleeping bag and crawling out of the well-hidden tent. She yawned and stretched, listening to the wake-up calls of blood-curdling screams in the distance. What a time to be alive.

The girl studied the ashes falling from the sky like snowflakes on Christmas Day. She caught one in her open palm, watching as if curled in on itself and blew away in the soft wind. How wonderful.

Dakota picked up her bat, Celia, and started out through the wrecked streets, searching for some demons to bash.

What a way to start the day.

Nianadon had draped herself over her chair, one of the many items she collected in her rule of a small portion of the city. Various henchmen sat around the table, all pounding their fists and snarling at Niana. They awaited their release signal, bodies aching for fresh meat. Nianadon lazily popped a candy cherry in her mouth, moaning and looking up towards the ceiling. "Calm down boys." She said, lust in her voice. The room instantly fell silent, and Nianadon sat up, pushing the jar of cherries away. "New day, new meat! Whoever gets the most gets the largest portion of bones." Niana shouted, and the demons became rowdy again. They were snarling, teeth flashing in the dim light and claws catching on the table. The hunt was about to begin. "You may go." Niana said lazily, and the beasts took off out the window of the building, their wings extending and red bodies gliding in the air. Hundreds of lesser-demons flocked out the window, all on the hunt for humans to devour.

Juniper quietly walked through the streets. These were the streets were everything turned to shit for him. He smiles to himself, remembering that day. How he grabbed a knife and fled like a coward at the first sight of a demon. He heard screams behind him, roaring, bodies being teared apart, and most of all they were chasing him. Of course they were, they weren't gonna stop at his sisters were they? But, as anyone could clearly see, he survived. How? Well... He saw three children and ran past them, pushing them to the ground in the process. He didn't see what happened next of course, he was still running for his life. But the screams were enough to fill him in. Anyways, he darted in an alley way and that was it. No more running for him. 

He sighed and quickly darted his head around the area as soon as he heard the roaring of the bastards. He peaked his head around the corner to see a man fighting two white skinny ass demons. "Well then.", Juniper said to himself. If that was him fighting, he surly die. He only survived this long by long distance shots and running. Once the white haired man was done without a scratch on him, he made his way into the store. Juniper looked around him again, they walked to the store too. He opened the doors lightly, well as light as he could, some glass fell. Oops.

"Are you sure your human?", he asked the male in front of him. It was a joke, of course. He knew that there were some really skillful people out there that could probably take three of those demons.

@Schnitzel

Dean was halfway through looting. He found nothing but a bottle of water and a few canned items and he was sure that he had a can opener back in his shack he called a home. Dean saw rotting bodies from the demons that were devouring them. Their intestines were sprawled out on the floor and even half of a body was missing, which gave a view of their other internal organs. It was a horrific site indeed, but by now Dean was used to the mess.

"Rest In Piece."

Dean muttered out loud, making a cross symbol with his two fingers, before moving on. This was when he heard the words

"Are you sure you're human?"

The boy asked, in which he returned with.

"Who's asking?"

Dean would ask in his normal, grumpy sounding voice. Before he heard any other words, he heard the flapping of wings. Dean quickly backed away from the entrance and into the shadows, which left the red light from his mask shining. Shadows filled the streets.

"You should probably get to cover, unless you want them to see you."

He whispered, sounding calm enough. But he knew that he wouldn't be able to take on that many demon's at a time, even if they were lesser.

@Ash Ketchup

~Naliha~

Naliha held her arm in front of Sam before he could rush out into the open like a dumbass without checking. Her eyes zeroed in on a plaza of stores across the freeway they were scouting from. In the middle of the plaza was a big fat Target. She didn't bother even glancing at the Supercenter. Those kinds of place were usually already bagged and they needed somewhere fresh or they wouldn't make it long. There was only one more can of fruit and some granola bars left and the need to replenish was hanging over her head. She didn't get as hungry anymore, not for regular food anyway but Sam did. She glanced over at his unkempt mop of brown that was starting to look black. She also had to find another motel soon so that they could get cleaned up. As the thought flashed in her mind warning bells rang in her ears. She could never really be clean now, no matter how hard she tried. It wasn't the demon blood in her, it was how she turned into a demon. She would never forget what happened how she had killed them right in front of her brothers eyes.

~Sam~

Sam shook his sister roughly by her shoulder. She was doing it again. Spacing out while staring into the sky, he half wondered what she thought about all the time because she no longer talked to him much anymore. "Nali, what do you see?" It seemed to take her a moment to gain her concentration back but he recognized the moment she did. He wondered how far she could see now. Before she turned she had to wear strong prescriptions. When she woke up she crushed her glasses in her hands by mistake. It really freaked him out back then but now he came to rely on it because he knew she was what kept him safe from the real demons out there that were trying to eat people. There was a long moment of silence before she let her arm back down signaling her was free to go on. She pointed at a single shop past the huge Target that dominated the plaza. He nodded in confirmation and they took off running in the direction of the store. When they were halfway there Sam was suddenly thrown to the ground and pushed under some rubble.  He was so terrified for a moment until he realized it was just his sister. He relaxed and was about to speak she put her finger to her lips then pointed upward. He listened hard until he could hear the multiple beating of wings in the sky above them.

Juniper smiled at the male's voice. It was just as he predicted. Grumpy. Though, he looked behind him as the man mentioned them and saw shadows filling the streets. "Oh.", he stepped further into the store and looked around only to see a cardboard box that was just his size if he squatted. He darted into the box and left a slim opening in it so he could see what was happening. He couldn't see much, being up against the left wall of the store. But he could hear the sounds of wings.

@Schnitzel

"Those are lesser Demon's. One sent out by another, more powerful one. By the looks of it, they are hunting for humans."

He'd say, hearing the sounds of screaming near them. From the sounds of it, someone else was dragged into the sky and was about to be brought back to their master.

"What form of weaponry do you have on you, kid?"

He asked, waiting for the flapping of wings to become distant, so that he could hurry up and leave already.

'I probably shouldn't be telling him this..'

He thought, before speaking.

"I'm going to be resting up in an apartment nearby here. It's up to you if you want to join me."

The only visible thing from him in the darkness was the three lights on the mask.

@Ash Ketchup

Juniper leaned forward in his box so he could see that man that spoke to him, all he saw were three red lights. "I got nothing on me.", he whispered to him, then said, "Uh, I mean, I have one hammer on me and whatever is around us...", that was a lie. The red head had two hammers on him, though it wasn't really important information, right? Juniper looked back to the man as he told him of where he was going to be resting. "The company would be great, so sure.", he told him.

@Schnitzel

Once the noises of Demon's were gone, he made his way out of the darkness and near the stores windows, where his full form could be seen. Dean peered through the window, seeing the Demon's in the distance, but even though they were far now, they are probably going to return any time soon.

"We should get moving, before they come back."

Dean would say, without turning back to face the kid currently hidden in a box. He used his hand to push open the door and make his way out, getting a smell of the fresh air and not the foul smell of the rotting bodies inside of the store. Without hesitation, Dean light jogged through the streets, making sure to hug the walls and not go out into the open. Every now and then, he'd look back to make sure the other person was following. He'd tell the kid his name, once they were at the apartment complex.

@Ash Ketchup

Juniper nodded at him, then realized that was stupid to do since he was still inside the box. He stepped out though and quickly followed the male out of the building. He jogged when the other did and kept his body pressed against the walls. Sometimes though, the white haired male would look back at him, and Juniper got to see his mask again. He wondered why he was wearing it and how'd he even get it on his face. But those questions were for later, as he saw the apartment they were talking about. But instead he asked, "Why is your hair white?"

@Schnitzel 

"Why is my hair white? It grows naturally white."

He muttered back to him in a low voice. They were about to reach the apartment building, but a street was blocking them, meaning that they'd have to go out in the open in order to get to the building. Dean stopped at this point, looking back and fourth, like a person checking for cars across the street. When Dean saw no signs of Demon's he hesitantly crossed, still checking for any signs of movement. He had his guard raised high and he didn't dare talk until they were across the street.

@Ash Ketchup

Juniper hummed at the answer he got from the man and continued to follow but stopped when the other did. He watched as he looked back and forth from at the street, probably checking for those demons. At this point, Juniper just crossed the street at a normal walking pace while mumbling, "You sure are paranoid..". When he got there, he gestured to the door as if saying, 'See? There was nothing to worry about.' He turned his back on the other and pressed his ear against the door, trying to hear for anything. He heard nothing or whatever was inside was really quiet.

@Schnitzel 

"Yea, well paranoia is a good trait to have. If I wasn't paranoid, I could have been killed a long time ago."

He'd say, opening up the door to the apartment building. There were some rooms on the inside on the first floor, but nothing that would resemble somewhere to live. Those were on the second floor. Once the other male was inside, he'd use a nearby, broken down vending machine to block off the door, making sure to be quiet and lift it slightly off the ground, so that it wouldn't scrape and make a noise. This, however, wore him out and made him slump on one of the walls.

"I'm gonna rest here for a bit. You can pick a room wherever. The names Dean by the way."

He'd say through slightly huffed breaths. 

@Ash Ketchup

Juniper smiled at him once the two were inside and said, "I agree with you. I just said that so you could talk more.". While the male blocked off the door, Juniper took a quick peek at each of the rooms on the first floor. He looked back at the other and grinned, "You can call me Juniper. I like long walks on the beach and deep conversations.", he stretched and sat a few away from Dean. "That last part was a joke by the way.", he added in.

@Schnitzel

"I figured."

He'd say, automatically sounding grumpy yet again. Once Dean regained his breath, he stood back up and took his first step up the stairs, making sure not to make them creek, otherwise they could be in trouble with more of the fuckers. Once he reached the second floor, Dean let down his guard a little bit. For a world filled with Demon's, this building was oddly clean. Not like the other places that he's stumbled apon, the shop being an example of one.

"So, Juniper. Where was you before this world went to shit?"

@Ash Ketchup

"Watch your language,", he chuckled, "Kidding!" He sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them and saying, "On this street actually. Lived here with my sister. Then, ya'know, human-eating creatures came and killed her. I'm glad I survived!", he looked around his surroundings again for anything interesting to play with. There was nothing. "How about you Dean?", he asked back.

@Schnitzel

'I can't believe he's so laid back about a death of one of his family members.'

Dean kept to his thoughts, looking around the second floor more. Most of the doors were broken into, leaving the room to view without any hesitation. For the most part, all he could find was rubble and family photo's in the rooms. Dean claimed the room nearest to the stairs and ended up sitting on the bed, sighing in relief.

@Ash Ketchup

Emelia had been perched on a rooftop, scanning the buildings around her in order to find a rooftop garden or two, longing for a fresh vegetable or anything to remind her of life before the demons. Her thoughts were interrupted after her ears picked up what sounded like the rings of screaming from somewhere within the city. I'm not alone... Her breath caught in her throat, and she found herself stumbling back, only to catch herself on the small shed-like structure that held the door and stairs to the buildings interior. Feeling her hands begin to tremble, she decided to slowly back into the doorway, quickly pulling the door shut, and bolting down the staircase, before stopping to catch her breath a few levels down, not realizing that she had forgotten to breathe. She waited for her breathing to calm itself, then listened closely towards the direction of the door, hearing nothing more than a small breeze of wind. She let out a sigh of relief and decided that since she was now trapped in the building, more terrified to leave it, she would explore the new space.

Juniper pouted when he didn't receive an answer back from Dean. Probably found a bed and sleeping already. With that thought, Juniper stood up and yawned... He wasn't that tired was he? Well, he's certainly not going to sleep here. Why? Because with his guts he feels that something bad's gonna happen and he wants to be awake for it. But, time to check if this place really is empty. He went up the stairs to the second floor and proceeded to place his ears on each door to hear for movement or sounds.

@Schnitzel

Dakota was skipping along the streets when the sounds of beating wings had scared her into the darker corners of the alleys. She held her bat at the ready, listening for the descent of the demons. It hadn't come, and they faded into the distance. Dakota decided that it wouldn't be safe to stay out in the open with those things roaming the skies, so she scuttled into a nearby building. Slamming the door behind her, she quietly whispered to herself "Honey... I'm home...", advancing forward with two hands on her bat.

@Floreilinn (She's in your building)

~Naliha~

After the wings were heard in the distance Naliha grabbed Sam as quick as she could and threw him onto her back. It was hard to control the strength she'd gotten after being turned. She tried her best not to be too rough on him but sometimes it seemed beyond her capabilities. She quickly sprinted off to the store they'd agreed on. When she got there she dropped him unceremoniously and went to scout out the building however as soon as she stepped inside it was fairly clear the place had been picked clean. She supposed they were simply lucky not to have encountered a demon on their way over. She exited the building, ignoring the odorous bodies to tell Sam but he wasn't where she had left him. Her anxiety skyrocketed but it probably didn't look like it on her face. Her movement were rigid as she used every sense she had to find her brother. It came as a relief when she heard him around the side of the building. 

~Sam~

Noticing that his sister was going to scout the inside he decided to put himself to some kind of use and went searching around the building for anything useful. He knew it probably wasn't the smartest thing for him to do but he couldn't take not helping somehow. Especially when she was going through so much to keep him alive. He searched the back but couldn't find much but more rubble and some horrifying dead bodies. Without so much as a discernable sound Nali tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to somewhere too far in the distance for him to see when he looked back at her she was holding a tennis ball. She gave it to him and he smiled quite happily. Obviously this was to distract him because she knew they were going to be walking for a while. He bounced it once and found it was likely brand new. He bounced it a few more times before they set out in the direction she'd pointed in where tall apartment buildings seemed to be still standing most probably devoid of much other life. "Thanks Nali. Let's hit the road now shall we?" 

"I was near Central Park when it all happened, to answer your question."

Dean would call to him, before he went to explore. He then laid down on the bed with his arms behind his head, staring up to the ceiling. Using one hand, he grabbed the mask and tried his best to pry it off with all the strength he had. But alas, it was a failed attempt and the only thing he got from it was the pulling of his own skin.

'Damn thing.'

He'd think, before closing his eyes.

@Ash Ketchup

There was no such thing as sleeping anymore.  At least not for Dylan although she expected every other survivor had a similar thought process.  Who could think about something as luxurious as sleeping while those THINGS existed out there?.  Turning back to the water she was trying to heat up, she reached her hand into the space right above her head where she stored her most precious item besides her guns.  She groaned in frustration.  She was out of coffee.  Again.  Coffee was so scarce these days, but then again she expected nothing less in a world full of people fighting to stay awake for their survival.  Even before the demons attacked, coffee was one of the worlds most prized possession and that was before they needed it to survive.  She would certainly have to find more in the morning or she would crash, hard.

A quiet creak reached Dylan's ears.  'Ah shit.  I don't have enough energy for this shit.'  But demons don't care whether you have enough energy or not.  Last night wasn't one of the nights she allowed herself to sleep, too busy securing the apartment floor she was staying on now.  Dylan turned off the stove, silently moving so her back was up against the wall besides the door frame, her hand already pulling the gun from the back of her pants, putting it next to her face.  Her finger on the trigger, she waited.

@Ash Ketchup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back