• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dark Haven - MHA RP

Lore
Here

Jet

Uncultured
Welcome to Dark Haven, located under an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of El Paso Texas. To many this location is just another dilapidated structure waiting to be torn down, but to those aware of what lay below this is a second home. A command center for a group lacking official name, affiliation, or history. All that is known is their goal. To bring justice to the underworld.

Some call them criminals, some call them rogues, some call them heroes. What they are is a collection of disgraced pros, ill fitting pieces, ex convicts and idealogues who shun professional heroism, filling the cracks where licensed pros can't.

In their own, twisted way.
For what seperates them from pros, other than their lack of credentials, is their method. The men and women of Dark Haven do not wait for warrants, or look for red handed proof nor do they capture dangerous villains... Instead they kill. Their philosophy that of their leader, an elderly man known only as Q.

Q is a man of mysterious past, harboring intense hatred for violent offenders, the reason unknown. His idealogy, his solution to the worlds ills, is "Justice without mercy". A philosophy viewing jail time/the resulting escapes as a miscarriage of justice. The only solution to violence being the ultimate countermeasure, death. With this philosophy guiding their path the Angels fight villains throughout the south west, leaving no survivors in their wake.

This unlicensed trail of murder has made them a target for investigation, however there is sympathy among law enforcement and the general populace who've whispered their unofficial name into existence. "Ángeles de la muerte" or, the Angels of Death.

It is in Dark Haven where your character has returned. Perhaps this was your first mission, perhaps you're a veteran of many, all of that is immaterial now, you're one of the collective.

The story starts in the wake of an ambush, with multiple members dead, many more wounded, setup by a false lead. How the enemy knew of the plan is a mystery but tensions run high and the Cartel thirsts for blood.

Guidelines for the RP and general information.

1. This is a mature MHA roleplay with adult themes. There will be scenes of intense violence, along with themes including but not limited to drug use/sales, human trafficking, government corruption, espionage and counterculture. This is an expansion of MHA out of the typical light hearted shonun style into a more gritty style found in a series like Megalobox, or Ghost in the Shell for example.
  2. In that vein, characters must be older than 17 although a fully fledged adult is what I'll be RPing as.
  3. Characters must have a reason why they'd enter a vigilante lifestyle rather than pro hero one. Some easy suggestions are a criminal background, believing in a "Stain-Esque" ideology where pro-heroism is shunned, having intense hatred of villains to the point of real blood lust, being a chaotic-good style character who doesn't like the rules associate with pro-heroism, or being a disgraced ex-pro who fell from grace for some reason or another.
  4. This RP will be structured in episodes with a real plot to play through. Each episode will have multiple different choices that players can make which shapes future episodes. I'd be lying if I didn't say I have a preferred story, but player choice should and will matter, with each choice leading to multiple other choices, meaning that there could be dozens of potential story paths, one of which we will RP.
  5. User-fill-in canon. If there is a NPC character, let's say it's a quartermaster in the base and all I have listed is a name/appearance, the first person to write anything about them that describes them in greater detail will create canon lore. This extends to things like the furnishings of a room, or the smell in the air. I will set the table with the basics in every scene but you can add your own flavor if you choose. As long as what you create fits with the world I've provided it stands without retcon. So no 13 year old martial arts master as the big bads right hand man, for an absurdist example.
  6. OPTIONAL death mechanic. When making your character you can opt into the death mechanic. If you do get unlucky you can make another character of course. If you opt in, when making your CS choose a number 1-30, that's your magic number. When versing mini-boss/boss style characters who can realistically kill you (if your character is a hard counter like fire vs ice then this wouldn't apply) you roll for a number 1-30 once every two posts. Hit the lucky number and you get some kind of critical failure like a serious injury, you then roll again. Get below a 15 and that's a wrap. This is optional and if it's too harsh I may change the values. As it stands there is a 1.66% chance of death in one of these fights, which is small but present/possible. I think that's fair, and it's optional of course. If you'd like a different value to be more or less harsh you can DM me and we can change it but the standard will be 30/15 by default. Once you pick a value set you can change it once for the rest of the RP. Choose wisely. You can also go from a non-death mechanic character to a death mechanic character at any time in the RP if you choose and you'll have the option to change it once, same as those who initially opted in.
  7. I have no length requirements but I will ask that you bring a readable, clear level of writing. It doesn't need to be good writing but it does need to make sense.
  8. Activity levels need to be maintained so that the RP doesn't stall. Momentum is everything. I ask for a post every 3/4 days ay minimum. Characters that are not advanced by the player can/will be God modded at my discretion if their absence is holding back the plot/more active users. I will never do anything with them that's out of character or character altering but if a piece needs to move to advance the plot or open up someone else who's hungry to post then I will move it.

Last edited:
now, how do I go about joining this? since this seems to be the only page for it aside from that possible interest check

Kimona Kimona 😂

Theres hasn't been much interest for this RP but I can bump the other thread. If we get a few more people I'll setup the basics and you'll be able to officially join. Thanks for showing interest btw means a lot!!

Last edited:
The "Sicario 21"
With the rise of superheroes come villains to match and such villains find employment in organized crime syndicates. The apex of this unholy union between high powered quirks and organized crime is the Juarez Cartel's "Sicario 21". A platoon of villains that enforce the Cartel's will. The levels of this Pyrimid are the.
  1. The Ten Enforcers
  2. The Seven Assassins
  3. The Three Generals
  4. God's Hand
The Enforcers are A class villains. Comperable in power to someone like Stain. They are stronger than the typical hero but can be defeated by those of true talent.

The Seven Assassins are high A class and S class villains capable of beating most pros. At their head is a mid S class villain. Their power level is comperable to someone like Gran Torino or Kamui Woods, for example.

The Three Generals are S class villains who can beat almost all pros. They're similar in strength to top ten heroes such as Gang Orca or Best Jeanist.

God's Hand is one of the strongest known villains, capable of defeating near anyone in one on one combat. His arrival on the battlefield spells certain doom for opponents. His strength level is higher than Endeavors but lower than All might. The Hand of God has never been unmasked and his identity is unknown to the world.

Below the Sicario 21 are numerous D/C/B and low A ranked villains. Below them are the typical street brawler/fodder level fighters. Above this army is the council of the Cartel De La Juarez. A group of seven well aged gangsters who control the organization with an iron fist.

The Cartel is not the only threat facing the Angels. The underground provides many challenges for our characters. Among them are three gangs, each led by a different boss.

#1 "Children of God" a small and violent gang with a focus on human trafficking.

#2 "The Moretti Family" an Italian crime family operating out of Las Vegas. This family works closely with the Cartel and operates a bank for villains/organized crime syndicates.

#3 "The neighborhood watch" an ironically named group of Vigilantes that take things one step past where the angels stop. Instead of just running from authorities and pro heroes the Watch kill them, if they get in the way that is.

The strongest fighters in these groups are about S class in power. Furthermore they have numerous underlings ranging from D-A power levels.

NPCs will be created and listed in the Lore section upon the RPs inception. I need to find some faceclaims. Wish me luck in the minefield of pinterest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back