• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
You too! I hope all's been well with you!

Anywhoosle, if you'd like to join I've got nothing against it. If you remember Fire and PanPan, they're both looking to be part of it too. So, we might have a lil' reunion on our hands soon!

AP's changed a lot since the last time we were all together. So, if you have any questions about it feel free to throw them my way in a DM and I'll be happy to update you on everything.
Will do will do~! I am currently at work but should get myself up to speed by tonight and a CS by the morning~

Being a survivor who doesn't have what it takes to resist Eagon and is seeking assistance/tutelage outside of Veilbrand is fine.

But, unfortunately, the part about seeking help/tutelage specifically from former Te'i Sai assassins isn't really feasible for the following reasons:

1) Te'i Sai disbanded and scattered to the four winds after the destruction of their fortress and the near complete annihilation of their ranks.

2) Part of their creed is to keep their life in Te'i Sai a secret from all, including their families if they had any.

3) Even with the fortress destroyed and their organization completely disbanded whoever's left is not likely to be making it known that they were part of the organization given that the entire continent sees them as brutal murderers who also raised, trained, and unleashed the Red-Eyed Demon upon the land.

So yeah. Seeking out Te'i Sai isn't really feasible or something anyone would want to do.

But seeking out other sources of tutelage or assistance is definitely something you can do. There are numerous other assassin organizations, mercenary and bounty hunter guilds, rogue guilds in the criminal underworld, and other similar operations which are all options to explore.
Yeah, he could seek a different guild of assassins. My vision is that, after seeing what's happening beyond Ortusk, he's given up hope that a direct confrontation would do anything besides incur Eagon's wrath and cause collateral damage, so he wants someone to deliver a blow to Eagon, or to give him the know-how to do it himself.

I'd like to put my interest forward for this RP. Although I do have a few questions:

1. I realize you're making an updated version of the map on your lore page, but approximately how big is the continent?

2. I was planning on making a wandering forester-esqe character, so they'd be fairly insightful of the flora and fauna of they share the land with. Given there isn't much lore provided on the subject, would you be open to others (currently myself) essentially creating them as they go? Within reason, of course.

3. In your lore segment on the Te'i Sai, it's stated to that Grandmaster Te'Kai took power in 544 CE, but in Kyero's Biography he was six when the ritual was performed, which is 553-554 CE when it happened. When did this cultist ideology take hold of the Te'i Sai?

I'd like to put my interest forward for this RP. Although I do have a few questions:

1. I realize you're making an updated version of the map on your lore page, but approximately how big is the continent?

2. I was planning on making a wandering forester-esqe character, so they'd be fairly insightful of the flora and fauna of they share the land with. Given there isn't much lore provided on the subject, would you be open to others (currently myself) essentially creating them as they go? Within reason, of course.

3. In your lore segment on the Te'i Sai, it's stated to that Grandmaster Te'Kai took power in 544 CE, but in Kyero's Biography he was six when the ritual was performed, which is 553-554 CE when it happened. When did this cultist ideology take hold of the Te'i Sai?

Hoyo!

1) The map is approximately the same size as the United States. So approximately 2,800 miles (~4,500km) wide as the crow flies.

2) Yes, that's perfectly fine. I'm not all that familiar with flora, so I'd welcome anyone who either has real-world knowledge on the subject, is creative with how they come up with ideas for flora for a fantasy world, or both.

3a) Ah, I see what happened here. I'll go over the timeline in chronological order to clear up the confusion:

- Te'Kai ascended to the position of Grandmaster of Te'i Sai in 544 CE

- Kyero was born about five years later on Sep 28th, 549 CE

- Though he doesn't remember the exact date of the ritual, Kyero does remember that it was very shortly his 6th birthday which was September 28th, 555 CE. By this point Te'Kai was approximately 11 years into his tenure as the Grandmaster of Te'i Sai.

3b) The ritual itself was not Te'i Sai's doing, nor do they have any connection with the cult who enacted it. Kyero's father, a native of Triveila, was part of a cult who worshiped the nether realm. Along with others of said cult they journeyed into the confines of Roda Valley (where Te'i Sai makes its home) and enacted the ritual at an ancient ritual site high in the mountains above the entrance.

So, although it took place in their home turf Te'i Sai was not involved in the ritual itself. They simply benefited from the end result by using Kyero's glowing red eyes to their advantage until he turned on them and brought about their ultimate downfall.

Hoyo!
3a) Ah, I see what happened here. I'll go over the timeline in chronological order to clear up the confusion:

- Te'Kai ascended to the position of Grandmaster of Te'i Sai in 544 CE

- Kyero was born about five years later on Sep 28th, 549 CE

- Though he doesn't remember the exact date of the ritual, Kyero does remember that it was very shortly his 6th birthday which was September 28th, 555 CE. By this point Te'Kai was approximately 11 years into his tenure as the Grandmaster of Te'i Sai.

3b) The ritual itself was not Te'i Sai's doing, nor do they have any connection with the cult who enacted it. Kyero's father, a native of Triveila, was part of a cult who worshiped the nether realm. Along with others of said cult they journeyed into the confines of Roda Valley (where Te'i Sai makes its home) and enacted the ritual at an ancient ritual site high in the mountains above the entrance.

So, although it took place in their home turf Te'i Sai was not involved in the ritual itself. They simply benefited from the end result by using Kyero's glowing red eyes to their advantage until he turned on them and brought about their ultimate downfall.

Got it! I was thinking of a backstory with their parentage was tied to the Te'i Sai, but left due to not agreeing with Te'kai's ideology. I'll DM you a draft of the character sheet later, and we can go over it to make sure it fleshes with the lore.

Hello, I'm interested in joining if there is still some room available!

Hello, I'm interested in joining if there is still some room available!

Hi there!

The RP world is technically an open sandbox style adventure with no real hard start or end in mind.

So there's always room for new characters to pop into the world and go on some adventures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back