• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic -Children of Aspera-

Lucy Osteler

@Chelle

Lucy listened to the two men, argue. One of them seemed rather crazy. Revive a race of Asperans? Impossible. They were simply to rare. She decided to keep her heritage a secret, she didn't want a deranged man such as this to try to recruit her. The girl kneeling beside her seemed to be the only sane one of them all.

"I'm Lucy, Scarlet rank." She whispered to her. "Do you know any of these crackpots?"

Chelle Tamakazi

@Vashet

"No, no, I don't..." Chelle said quietly.

She looked at the men and raised her eyebrows.

"What are they even talking about? Destroying the Sanctum government?"

Chelle shook her head and scoffed.

She then looked back at Lucy, helping her up.

"You look completely fine. How did you not get injured from a fall like that- actually, you know what- that doesn't matter. You're alive, which is great. So, ah, what should we do about the crazy dudes over there?"

"You're crazy, you know that right?"

"I mean how many artillery bombardments have you survived to get an idea like that?"

Archimedes just shook his head and spat, "Pathetic, you have not the will or strength to stand and claim what is yours. You think me crazy? You think sanctum will steam roll this place before my plans get anywhere? Fool, I know what sanctum is capable of. I know everything about them and what they could do and not one bit of it intimidates me. They are weak!" He spat.

Alice managed to get to the crash slight, and partway into the craft without being noticed. Smiling slightly to herself, pushing the rest of the way in without making a sound. Interested in what she would fine, she had only seen such things like this in books. Not in person, so while she had a vague sense of things. The sense wasn't all that strong.

"And what about the SNTS, the dominant military force? They're not going to like this idea any better than Sanctum."

"Those weak fools? They're a raging fire, they'll burn themselves out, all I have to do is pretend to be their ally against sanctum and once sanctum falls I can crush them like ants!" Archimedes said gleefully.

Arin

Arin quickly drew out his rifle, loading up an explosive round into the chamber, aiming right at this fools chest cavity.

"Oh yeah? Well why the hell are you telling me all of this?"

"Arin be rational here, he's the one who's been manipulating the lightning surrounding the sky!" Ed screeched, circling around Arin's rifle frantically.

"Ed, not now. No one can block any of my explosive rounds."

Haze

Haze watched from the distance with an advanced set of binoculars while shrouded in the pinetrees from the forest. All of these CA's had extremely high bounties on their heads....Might be worth picking one of them off while they were paying attention to the lightning manipulator.

"No one? Is that so?" Archimedes asked with a smirk.

"Then fire! I invite you to!" Archimedes challenged.

Arin

Arin smirked arrogantly, thinking that these would be over in the just seconds.

He pulled the loading mechanism back in his rifle

CLICK!

Then squeezed back on the trigger, unleashing a barrage of bullets led by a single high impact explosive round.

The bullet didn't even full leave the barrel before an arc of electricity struck it and blew apart the entire weapon in the resulting explosion. As the smoke cleared Archimedes stood with a smug grin. "I'm surprised your bot hasn't recognized me. Have they already removed me from the records? Trying to hide the desertion of one of their strongest...masters?" He asked, emphasizing the word master.

Arin

Arin looked down in horror...was that a....controlled lightning bolt? "I warned you Arin." His bot said floating in the background.

His assault rifle...years of perfect engineering and craft gone in just a second. Was this truly a master

Arin's face turned to anger and he extended out his hand. Immediately he pushed forward a Telekinetic wave to try and knock this bastard off his feet.

Then Arin drew out his sword, charging him through the thick snow.

Another blast struck Arins outstretched hand before he could send the blast, repulsing him backwards through the air.

Archimedes smirked, "You should listen to your bot. Asperan, far more intelligent than you it seems." He said with a chuckle.

"The Vanguard", Kayla's personal gunship was returning from another successful mission, now flying at a high altitude to avoid the snow storm bellow and possible enemy detection. She let her AI, Aila to handle the ship while she was completing the mission report. Suddenly something could be heard over radio "S....um! Sa....u... ai...., this... .. Arin L...., .. anybody ... there!". Kayla stopped writing and then came sat in the pilot's seat with her arms crossed.

"Aila what was that just now?" she asked..apparently talking to herself, but next, a crystalline voice could be heard coming from the ship's audio system. At Kayla's right a holographic display came to life showing a blue girls that had short hair with her arms behind.

"I thought you wanted me to let you work in silence, Sir Kayla Ariel D'Sole." she said last part with a mocking voice. Kayla not falling into her taunt then continued.

"True, but I thought I heard something over COM, please analyze the recordings from a minute ago and replay the thing I've heard keep the static in between words."

"Okay, will do." Aila then replayed the fragment as she was told. It was faint but they could definitely hear a voice. Kayla then gave Aila another order.

"Aila get us down in the snow storm at very low altitude then scan for life signals." Again Aila did as she was done and immediately responded.

"Ari, I've discovered a wreckage nearby and some life sign near it. Calculating course.Done."

"Get us there, it might be one of ours..also scan the surroundings over a radius of 2 kilometers. I don't want us to go into a trap."

"The Vanguard" began its descent and landed next to the nearby wreckage. Once she got out she let out a smile. Snow..snow all around her...her she could use her abilities to their fullest in case of trouble. She then made a dome-like area around her where snow couldn't get in and approached the 2 guys speaking. Suddenly one of them started charging at the other, she started running towards them as well. Her hand was on her rapiers hilt ready to draw it in a instant.

@Gilzar @Atom

The battle...

Like a swarm of insects, the madman materialized into the ruins, suddenly curious of this particular place due to the noises echoing from within it. Kessler's vapory form became solid as his molecules reassembled, and the first thing he did was plunge his hand into his coat, pulling from it a firearm, and cocking it. The C.A's masked form strode through the wreckage's, his golden eyes lingering upon two people in the fair distance. Surprisingly, he said nothing... yet.

(Not the best first post for me, I know, but I didn't have a lot of time)

Alice practically burrowed herself into the aircraft, being broken getting to some of the harder mechanics was fairly simple for her. Though she got so deep in that she became oblivious of all outside happenings.

Arin bent down over his hand in pain, grunting. The shock of the electricity burned his hand badly, leaving an electric burn left untreated. Arin held the hand close to his body, not wanting to get snow into the wound as his hand lit up in pain, never going away, just constantly there.

"Excuse me Arin." Ed said, floating next to him.

"God damnit, what now you stupid piece of Asperan tech?!"

"Well sir, I've picked up multiple life signatures in the area. A couple of new ones to be prec-"

Suddenly the strange dome covered them.

Ed adjusted its eyes in a curious fashion. "Why, it appears one of them is already here. I sense another one as well deep into the ruins."

"Stupid piece of Asperan tech? You'd still serve him being called that?" Archimedes asked Ed with a smirk, not really paying attention to the dome, it meant nothing to him.

As Kayla approached them Aila whispered in her earpiece: "Ari I have no info on that other dude but the guy with the sword there is Arin Lloyd, a CA Knight like you, most likely he is the one who send the message."

"Got it." said Kayla then she raised a transparent ice shield between the two. As she approached then she addressed the two:

"Okay let's calm down,*she then faces Arin* Sir Arin Lloyd I presume, my name is Kayla Ariel D'Sole a fellow Knight from Cilestia, I've received your transmission and come to get you.* she then changed her gaze towards the other guy.* May I ask who this man is? and why are you about to fight him?" she then noticed the flying ball. "So he has a personal AI , well it was to be expected."she thought but then saw another man that was pointing a weapon towards them. She unsheathed her black rapier while raising another ice shield, this one being thick enough to withstand a possible discharge of his weapon."Who goes there?" she asked entering a defensive stance.,staring him in the eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kazuma had been sleeping on the way back from his most recent mission. He had partnered with Kayla on a mission which took a lot out of him so he slept in some corner of the Vanguard during what was supposed to the trip back to the Capital. He awoke from the jolt of the ship's landing which made him leap up to his feet in alarm. Kazuma waved off his sleep to go check where they had landed because something had told him this wasn't the capital.

He exited the ship seeing Kayla's tracks in the snow he decided to follow her. He stepped in her tracks to move almost silently but he moved swiftly as well. Soon he found himself upon the scene of a battle and found the hilt of sword in his hand by pure instinct. He decided to keep his stealth so he can observe and jump in at the right moment.

"Which one of you made the little playroom? It's actually kinda nice.." Kessler suddenly stated, pointing up at the dome that had surrounded them. He didn't raise his pistol quite yet.. he would wait till this played out a bit further. "You should know, it's not the best idea to start a show without inviting a few people for the fireworks!" Chuckling, his eyes narrowed at the other knight, a female by the looks of it. His malicious grin flickered, but remained. "Oh shut up and get the heck out of here, you're postponing the performance!"

Arin

"You'd be surprised what else he calls me." Ed Glimmered. "But I don't 'serve' him." Ed then glared back at Kayla. "I'm not his personal AI for that matter either."

Arin took his attention away from his more then arrogant bot, shifting his attention to this strange woman that came in. "Lady Kayla. I'd focus your attention on the man in front of me. He's a master level CA, I haven't seen anything like him. He manipulates lightning, and is responsible for the odd electrical storm around us. He..."

Arin paused, trying to word this right.

"The fool wants to create a world of pure Asperans, wiping out Humanity. Judging from what he's been saying he's Ex-Sanctum. Hardcore I should say, he's very knowledgeable on them. Who am I kidding though, he's probably eavesdropping on us right now."

Arin quickly shifted his head around, glaring for a second, thinking of the moment.

Archimedes stood, looking... bored.

"Well. Ed. This present company of fools bores me immensely. But you, Asperan made. You know far more about them than I. With your help the rise of Asperans could be guaranteed! Their old tech recreated! Their knowledge salvaged. So I offer you this. If you wish to mean something in this soon to be world them come to the ruins. As for you all. If you see the truth and wish for a world where you may pursue what you wish rather than a military career under fools then I offer you the same!" And with that a bolt of lightning struck the dome, melting through it instantly and striking Archimedes. And with that he was gone.

"How Intriguing." Ed stated, neither agreeing or disagreeing to Archimedes statement.

"Hold on hold on, you're not actually considering are you Ed?"

"I said nothing of the sort."

Arin didn't reply, he just turned over to the mad man flaring his gun around at what was once the dome. "Great, more company?"

Haze

@Roo

The strange bounty hunter trudged through the snow...with special snow shoes equipped to minimize tracks in the snow. Up ahead was a crashed gunship...someone was trudging through this, a CA from his detectors. Haze halted, listening. This CA must have been scavenging tech or something, the sound of things being torn through was rampant.

Haze activated his stealth field, and went behind the torn open cock pit. He pulled out his heavy assault rifle, clicking the safety off. Reaching into his coat pocket he pulled out a tear gas grenade, he instinctively clicked the pin off of the grenade as if this were mere childs-play to him.

With a slight arm movement Haze dropped the the tear gas grenade into the cockpit of the ship, and the sound of it rolling to the back of it could be heard from outside the ship.

PSSSSS

The sound of teargas filling up the gunship could be heard. Trying to remain in it would surely knock the individual unconscious.

For now Archimedes remained in the sky as electrons, simply spectating. Maybe one of these CAs could prove useful. The newcomer perhaps, the one who had arrived. Archimedes forgot his name but it was something with a K. And he wasn't pro Sanctum.

And then he noticed Haze. And he knew immediately by the way he moved, the armor and weaponry he held, and his tactics, that this man was not a CA... human...Archimedes directed his attention there, watching to see what he was doing. Was there a CA in that ship?

If so, and if this man tried to kill it, he would die. No human would kill a CA in Archimedes presence regardless of their thoughts on his plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back