• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic -Children of Aspera-

Gilzar

Bear With Me Here ?
Administrator
(Alright. Time for the first post, I've let this sit long enough.)

Arin Lloyd

Snow raged over the wreckage of Arin's gunship...winds roaring ferociously as the cold slowly seeped into the pod. Sparks lit across the dashboard, echoing through the silence of the ship.

Arin's eyes remained closed, and slowly he rubbed the wound on his head. He groaned.

"God damn..."

Slowly he opened his eyes and peered out of the cockpit of his crashed gunship. Snow, endless amounts of snow raging through the sky. To the North a violent cold sea, filled with cities of Ice Bergs was in sight...to the South there were a variety of cliffs and pine forests...all blanketed in ice and snow.

Slowly he reached down and unbuckled the safety harness around his seat. He groaned, every inch of his body ached in pain...the consequences of having to do such a crash course maneuver.

He peered behind him...snow had flooded the rest of ship behind him. He took a deep breath, then exhaled, watching the particles of his breathe crystalize from the cold. Quickly he reached down, groaning in the process as he put over a grey heavy winter coat on himself. Putting his things together into a backpack, he hunched it over himself. Right before he left he grabbed a silver orb from out of the ship's dashboard. "I'm not leaving you behind. Not yet anyway."

Arin then raised his hand in front of him, and focused on the windshield of the gunship.

He inhaled, and closed his eyes. Focusing on something other then the pain.

CRASH!

The windshield flew off. Arin climbed out of the cockpit, hunching his face into the coat to try and get his face out of the wind. Behind him lay the wreckage of a massive class A airship, slowly sinking through the ice into the chilled waters below.

He pulled out a radio. "Sanctum! Sanctum air, this is Arin Lloyd, is anybody out there!" He screamed through the wind.

Silence...the wind was causing too much interference. Using the radio now would just waste battery...besides, SNTS forces would soon be on this area like hounds to the slaughter, searching for survivors.

His hand reached into his pocket, and he pulled out the baseball sized silver orb, clicking a button in the center. The button flashed blue, and turned into what looked like a glowing blue eye.

"Arin?" An english sounding computerized voice asked.

Suddenly the orb defied gravity itself, floating in the air around him, somehow able to resist the violent winds around him.

The orb's eye scanned it's surroundings. "Where are we?"

"I don't know Ed..." Arin replied, hunching over to keep his heat up. "I think we're somewhere near the northern boundaries..."

"You mean the northernmost continent? How did we end up here?" the strange orb named Ed asked.

"Navigation went to hell...we got lost in some kind of storm, then we were shot down by a barrage of SNTS airships..."

"Hm. I see." Ed stated.

"According to the early maps of the first explorers of the area, there is an Asperan ruin to the South of here...in the trees."

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucy Osteler

The old cargo plane creaked and shuddered in the gale, its fifty year joints straining to hold it together. Lucy gritted her teeth as they hit more turbulence, and wondered for the thousandth time why she had gotten stuck with the oldest plane on her fleet for her very first mission. If she had her guess it would be the old professor who had taken a dislike to her mouthing back. Idiot. Suddenly she heard crackling from the radio.

"Santum....sar...him...here..." was all that she could make out over the interference. The pilot mumbled something to his companion, and he nodded, then went back to fighting with the controls.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Lucy shouted over the howling of the wind.

"NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR MISSION. IGNORE IT." The copilot shouted back. Lucy scowled. She hated it when people didn't tell her things.

"I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT WAS. TELL ME." The copilot shook his head. Lucy's scowl deepened. She hated it when people didn't do what she told them.

She concentrated, relaxed, and felt out the copilots mind. His presence was clear. She dove into his mind, wrapped herself in it's deepest recesses, and opened her eyes.

The controls in her hands where bucking and jumping nearly out of control. The window ahead of her was nearly a solid white. She glanced over the holographic map and immediately noticed the steady red glow of human warmth in the cold blue landscape. It was steadily moving across the screen, in a southernly direction. She raised her hand and pointed to the human

"Shouldn't we check that out?".

"No. We already discussed this Gary. It's not our mission."

Lucy scowled. She wanted to KNOW WHO THIS MAN WAS.

Relaxing her grip on the mans mind. Lucy unbuckled her harness. The copilot was shaking his head. He was going to remember what happened to him any moment now. Standing up, Lucy zipped up her leather jacket, secured her swords. They were flying low to avoid the SNTS radar, and the snow was deep enough that a 30 foot drop wouldn't hurt to much. The copilot shook his head again. Then stiffened.

"HEY. SIT BACK DOWN." The copilot shouted in realization. Without hesitation Lucy flung open the cargo door and leaped out of the ship into the flurry of snow. She hated being told what to do.

Archimedes sat quietly, watching over the city that would become the base of his plans. Glorious plans they were.

And then his equipment picked up life signatures outside the city, followed by radar chatter. "Sanctum! Sanctum air, this is Arin Lloyd, is anybody out there!" Sanctum... those fools.

Archimedes stood and checked his equipment for a relative location before he disappeared in a white hot flash of lightning seen for miles around.

Arin

@Vashet

Arin gazed up at what he thought for a second....looked like lightning? In snow storms? Does this happen?

"Um. Ed did you see that?"

"Hm?" The computerized voice asked, shifting left and right.

"Lightning. That was lightning."

"Preposterous. Such an event is statistically a rare event, highly improbable even in this weather."

Arin slowly rubbed his eyes in frustration. He should have left this damn robot in the console...

"Wait. Hold that thought. My sensors see movement just meters ahead in the snow."

Arin squinted his eyes trying to see past the snow shifting through the air. "What like a drop package or something?"

"No. A person. Let's go and investigate." Ed said, and he began to float forward, leading the way toward this strange individual.

Chelle Tamakazi

Chelle was trekking through the snow when she saw a figure fall into the peaceful white blanket covering the ground.

The girl's firey hair against the white snow was unmistakable.

Panicked, she rushed over to the girl to make sure she was okay.

She kneeled down and inspected the girl- she was much taller than Chelle, so she presumed she was older.

"Are you okay?"

Upon thinking, Chelle suddenly realized that this girl fell from the sky.

"Hm, an angel from Heaven, I see,"she said with a sarcastic tone.

Chelle looked up, but the white clouds were covering the sky, just as the snow was covering the ground. She couldn't see anything.

She muttered to herself. Whatever the case, I hope she's okay.

Lucy Osteler

@Chelle

Lucy squinted and raised her head unsteadily. The world was exceedingly bright, and blindingly white snow was whipping her hair into her eyes. As her eyes adjusted to the snow, Lucy saw a girl with lavender hair pulled back kneeling next to her. Lucy groaned, sat up and rubbed her eyes.

Nothing seemed broken. And she was out of that miserable ship. Her fall was a success. Smiling, Lucy turned her attention to the girl.

"Who're you? And what're you doing here?" She said.

Iosif Hitchkin

Iosif had lost radio connection with his squad. That is why he was walking the frozen wilderness alone. Looking up, he sees a small flame raising from where the gunship crashed. Having only a receptor, he could pick up some kind-of message. "S...tum..." from there on, only static. He taught that it was probably where his squad was, so he headed in that direction. On the way, he spotted two silhouettes. He decided to go closer, having a surprise advantage. "Identify yourself!" His voice cried out, aiming his weapon at the two. His visor hid his face, but by the armor they could tell he was from Sanctuary.

Thunder crackled in the sky above the grouping people, though it was an extremely rare occurance and seemed unnatural.

Arin

@AnnoDomini

@Vashet

Arin gazed back at yet another figure in the distance as thunder crackled in the sky above.

"They don't look like rescue." Ed, Arin's floating orb bot said.

"I think I figured that out Ed..." Arin said, annoyed. He should have left the damn thing in his gunship....

He waved the figure over in the distance, then turned to the woman next to him. "Who are you?" He asked.

Iosif Hitchkin

He looks at the person waving. He slowly lowers his weapon, drawing closer. He sees he was the pilot from the downed aircraft. "State your name and rank." He says, his weapon still at the ready. Iosif was not sure if they were from Sanctuary or not.

"Arin Lloyd. Knight of Sanctum."

Arin slowly reached for his modified rifle. "And your name and rank?"

"Don't worry Arin. I'll scan him." Ed said, and Ed floated toward Iosof.

The blue eye of the orb shaped robot emitted a scanning beam, scanning Iosif's face.

"That is Iosif Hitchkin of Sanctum, Soldier rank his files say."

"Oh." Arin slowly reached away from his rifle.

Thunder sounded in the sky again before it built into a crackling and a whine before lightning struck the ground.

The brightness forced everyone to look away. In the aftermath of the lightning a man stood, the ground around him steaming from the heat.

(Oi what's the nearby ruins called?)

He lowers his weapon and bows. "Sir, I am sorry. I was lost from my squad, so I had to suspect everyone." Iosif looks up, putting his weapon back on his back. "I am under your command sir." He says, looking from where the thunder was heard. He tried to find his binoculars, but couldn't find them. He forgot them back at the base.

Arin

Arin covered his eyes by the sudden flash, turning away to shield his eyes from the blast, even having to turn his body completely to the side to avoid it. "This god damn thunderstorm..."

When the blast had subsided he turned over to see a man standing there.

"Oh how curious." Ed said, zooming in his vision. "It's a Child of Aspera!"

"That's a CA?" Arin asked curiously. He slowly kept his hand down next to his rifle....He didn't know what to think.

"I...."

"Identify yourself!" Arin shouted through the wind at this strange person.

Chelle Tamakazi

@Vashet

"Oh, gosh, okay, you're awake. I'm Chelle. I was just walking around because that's how I like to clear my mind, but... I think the real question is what are you doing here?"

Chelle looked up at the sound of a booming voice and even louder thunder.

She was confused for a moment- why would there be thunder. But she realized there was a weapon being pointed at her- it wasn't very hard to make out through the light drizzle of snow.

She replied back to the voice, calmly but loudly.

"I'm Chelle Tamakazi! An apprentice of Sanctum. This is..."

She turned back to the girl, who was smiling. Chelle didn't think much of it- she was probably just happy to have survived that fall.

"What's your name?"

"Who approaches the ruins and dares to think they may make demands of me?" Archimedes boomed, his voice booming like thunder.

Alice sat up in a tree, a red pine. Being rather tall, and for the kind of tree it was, it took her awhile to climb up it. The lower branches fallen away with time. Though this was common practice for her now, she spent hours of her day just reading as far from other people as she could. Distracted by her fantasy worlds, or other such realms. However, no matter how distracted by her books she became. Missing an aircraft falling from the sky was virtually impossible, probably for anyone though.

Her curiosity instantly picked up, enthralled with any sort of technology. As weather or not she isolated herself, she rarely had a chance to immerse herself in machinery. Part of her knew she should check out the scene to make sure those who crashed were well and alive. But her basic motive to go was to see the craft. And with that she headed out, quick to pack her belongings in a ragged black backpack and slip down the tree side.

A decent while passed before Alice could see the wreck, and what appeared to be a few people dotted in the snow. That was good, Alice had to admit she felt a bit of relief. Coming to the scene and seeing only death would be a bit disturbing. If she cared for the strangers or not.

Arin

'God damnit, it's one of these high and mighty CA's' Arin thought to himself.

"Arin Lloyd of Sanctum."

Arin's hand went more and more closer to his rifle.

"Arin Lloyd of sanctum? Those pathetic fools? Bah, I should just execute you now... But perhaps you have come to bask in the glory of Reqiuems Grasp. Ancient Asperan ruins, soon to be the birth place of the new Asperan race..." Archimedes declared with gusto.

Arin's eyes squinted in confusion. "What?"

"Hm." Ed, said. It zoomed in on the figure. "According to my readings you may want to watch your tone. His energy levels are off the chart. And he knows about the Ruins."

"Are you deaf? Or simply a fool? I'm talking about recreating the Asperans. The ruins will give rise to a sanctuary for CAs seeking freedom rather than being used for their powers. Through genetic blackout and genetic experimentation we will create a new race of Asperans, a race built to inherit this planet from the pathetic humans populating it now." Archimedes spat in irritation. It was evident that he was easily worked up about the topic he spoke up.

Alice looked over the people a moment, then ignored the situation. They seemed busy enough with themselves, and her only real interest was in the plane anyway. So she slipped to the side a bit, moving closer to the craft unseen by the others.

"And how would you inherit the planet when we are outnumbered One Million to One?" Arin asked curiously.

"Bring back the Asperans you say?" Ed asked curiously. "That would be something wouldn't it, being able to see my former creators once again."

With that Ed started eagerly floating around. It seemed Archimedes had made him very interested in the topic, as Ed was a creation of the Aspera.

"Ed. Get back here." Arin demanded.

"I am contemplating. Hold on." Ed said. (I'm going to be off now. I have to work.)

(Dammit lol)

"We are outnumbered... But we are like wolves amongst the sheep! It would be effortless to take over. Simply destroy both sanctum and SNTS government. Those seeking freedom will flock to me, the CAs who know they are meant for more. By the time both governments have recuperated our might will be like a steamroller and we will crush them beneath us like ants and inherit this world from the weak." Archimedes growled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back