Cauchemar

A minute or two later, Cher was awakened from her slumber at the sound of the doorbell two floors down. Even if she had been fast asleep,the doorbell in the Collins' house was very loud, loud enough to awaken a dorment volcano. Slowly Cher began to flutter her eyes open, which were in a currently pale sleepy blue state. She kicked off the covers and swung her legs over the side of the bed, yawning and dabbing her lips politely as if she were at tea with the queen.

Now, standing in front of the white vanity in her fancy enormous bedroom, Cher peered into the mirror, examining ever possible detail in her appearance. Sunshine silky strands were barely out of place, just slightly sleep tousled, and she'd slept in her lavender satin nightgown which stopped just above her upper thighs. Lazily Cher grabbed a green plastic brush and ran it through the messy blonde waves, straightening them out perfectly. Somehow, while she patted on a sheer light dusting of white, slightly tinted powder to her cheeks, the thought of her first and last day of school slipped in. Her parents had been nervous wrecks, and her mother in particular had fussed over her daughters' pigtails for a good 2o minutes. The school expectations Cher had, however, were no fulfilled. The whole place had the nasty stench of sneakers, sweat, and way too much perfume. Cher applied a small barely noticeable coat of dark brown mascara to her upper lashes and some peach shiny lipgloss. Her parents disapproved of makeup. Sleepily still, Cher took off down the hallway and down the huge flight of stairs to attend to who was at the door, obviously her parents and maid were busy. When she reached the first floor she spied the housekeeper conversing with a rather roughed up looking lady. Cher didn't dare move closer, it was part of her fear. Instead, she watched from a safe and comfortable distance with curiously knitted brows.

Hikari walked down the lane at a fast pace, trying to shake of the nightmares. 'It's just a dream, nothing's wrong' She walked all the way to the coffee shop on the corner, and saw it was packed, yet she went in anyway. She saw Amity and Twilight talking to a tall man and the hobo who plays music on the corner talking to Amity, so she decided to find a table near a window and start to draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobby got back from his run and took a shower. As he stood there letting the water fall onto his body he began to think about just letting it all go to end what he believed to be his curse. This was not the first time he had felt like this only a few short years ago tried to take his own life by jumping off the top of his school. After the police got him down needless to say he was sent to a psychiatrist who Bobby never talked to. The doctor wrote him off as a "classic case of depression" and gave him some anti-depressants. And why shouldn’t Bobby be depressed if anything this 'power' he had made his fear worse people practically thought that me was mute cause he rarely talked and didn’t have any friends.

He climbed out of the shower put on his usual white button up and black pants laced up his shoes and popped a few of his Anti-Depressants. He put the container of pills into his pocket and grabbed his wallet phone laptop bag and headed back out the door. Just cause he didn’t talk to people didn’t mean he didn’t go out. Bobby walked down to the coffee shop and went inside. It was more crowded then usual but he decided to stay anyway he sat at a table by the bathroom and pulled out his laptop. The one place Bobby could talk to people was online no actual interaction and no voices just the letters that he typed.

Hikari looks around for someone to get information from. She spots a blond haired guy sitting on his laptop, typing furiously. I decided to make him my subject for the drawing. Now to turn this computer junkie into the ultimate hero!

(okay, so it looks like we need to implement a turn system here)

Archie looked at the various options, not quite knowing what to do. He could always choose what he usually did, but he might insult the man who was paying...

He grinned sheepishly at Amity. "Uh, not really sure. I guess a couple bagels would be fine."

Rolling her eyes, Amity leaned up against the counter. "And what kind of bagels would you like?" She sounded like she was on the brink of breaking out into laughter.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed her best friend, Hikari walk in (who she affectionally called Hickory), and as usual, was drawing as soon as she found a place to sit. Shaking her head, she looked back at Archi.

After Hikari finished the very basic outline of her character she decides to grab her coffee and pastry. She didn't care that there was lots of people, she wanted her coffee. 'Maybe I should work here one day' She thought, seeing as they always had so many costumers to attend to. It was either that, or the cosplay shop down the street. Shed probably like being there more, seeing as she is such a nerd. She walked to the counter, awaiting a person to take her order.

Computers came as naturally to Bobby as swimming came to a fish. Not that anyone knew this since he kept to himself most of the time. Bobby was more at home behind a screen then in his apartment. He figured that it was time for him to get his hot beverage. He picked up his laptop and went to go stand in line behind this girl with brown hair. As he stood there he checked his phone knowing that no one would be texting him.

Hikari, still standing in line, steps backward, just to knock someone over. 'Dang it! I always do things like this!'. She turns around, just in time for her to grasp the laptop before it hits the floor. She sighs, relieved she didn't break it. She stands up and hands back the laptop. "Sorry!" she exclaims, " I wasn't looking. I hope I didn't break it." She looks up to find it was the boy she was drawing earlier. He seemed shy, not the kind of person to be knight or a warrior. Actually, quite the opposite of her picture. She blushes, thinking about how embarrassing it is to walk into a guy you were drawing without him knowing. ' I'm such a klutz!' She thought. She give him a polite nod and turns around to continue waiting for someone to take her order.

Amity rolled her eyes. "As I said before, the Vanilla Latte and the Cheese bagel. Would you like those?" She waved at Hickory and turned her attention back to Archi.

Amity shrugged. "All of them are pretty good. The blueberry is amaaaazing!!!" She grinned at him and leaned over to Twilight. "Can you take Hickory's order?"

"Oh! Sure!" Twilight dashed over to where Hickory stood. "Hey there, Hickory! What can I get you?"

----------------------------------------------

"Is that all, you two?" Luis asked.

" Can I get a caramel late to go," Hikari asked. She planed on heading down to the cosplay shop and apply for a job.

Archi nodded. He enjoyed food, but he also figured he shouldn't buy too much. This man was being nice, and he didn't want to abuse that.

"Alright!" She rubbed her hands together and smiled. "I will be with you guys in a second." She stepped back and grabbed two cups. She pushed past Twilight and headed back to the kitchen.

A minute later she came back, the cups filled to the rim and a several bagels in hand.

She handed them their drinks. Luis's had 'Mr. McAllen' on it and Shadow's had 'Tall, Dark, and Mysterious'.

Amity smiled at Shadow as she passed out little bags with the bagels in them. "That will be $14.42. Is that all?"

Shannon Leler looked at the cafe. She had very little money, but it did seem a warm place to stay. She shivered and pulled her long, thick, black coat closer to her. She didn't know why she was so cold all the time, but she was.

Shannon crossed the street carefully, on the watch for any rogue cars, being far more thorough than the ordinary 'look both ways' (especially as she did it at a crosswalk under the 'walk' sign) Perhaps she was being a bit paranoid, but whenever she relaxed in any sort of dangerous situation, she kept imagining herself dying, and that sent shivers down her spine that were unrelated to the cold.

Once in the cafe, she sat down in one of the comfortable seats near the entrance.

"I do believe so." Luis answered, pulling the money out of his wallet and giving it to her. "Now, have you and Twilight finished your homework for Monday?" Normally he didn't ask his students about this on the weekends, but Amity had a habit of forgetting.

Amity's eyes grew wide. "We had HOMEWORK this weekend?!?! When did you say that?!?" She turned to Twilight. "Did you happen to get it written down, by chance?"

Archi stifled a laugh. He remembered being in that kind of situation. He took the bagels and sat down at one of the tables, hoping that he could blend into the crowd again.

Shannon walked up to the barista behind the counter and ordered a decaf coffee. For some reason, it always helped her calm her nervousness that she might have done something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back