• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic BioGenesis Safe House: Surviving the Post-Apocalypse.

Cally turned around, still awaiting Timmy's reply, and say that Skye's eyes were open, but barely. "Skye?" she hopefully inquired, looking at her face. She rested a cool palm on her cheek, and asked a series of questions. "Hey, how are you feeling?" she started, then felt dumb. Anyone that had the slightest chance of being infected felt terrible. "Try to stay awake with me, alright? I need to know, are you itching anywhere?" I ask, trying to get a glimpse of her irises, checking if they might be red.

Timmy must of been in his thoughts all night, because finally the women awoke, and left the room while Timmy wasn't paying attention. It wasn't until she came rushing back with another stranger that Timmy truly noticed she was gone.

"Timmy, move, please."

Timmy sat straight up, his legs carried over to the floor from the thin cotton bed. The women placed the stranger upon the floor, and rushed off to wet a rage with cold water, returning from only a few feet away, the women placed the rage upon the strange's forehead. Sitting next to Timmy she spoke,

"To answer your question, yes. Before the outbreak I worked in a clinic as an Operator's Apprentice." She smiled. "And what do you do? What are you good at? Do you have any talents, special abilities?"

Timmy only smiled a bit, his body and clothes where covered in blood, but he didn't care, speaking about the old world always brought a smile to his lips.

"You...You Where alive before the outbreak? The things you must of seen. Mam, i would give anything to see it, but to answer YOUR question, yes, i taught myself how to cut hair, and personally i think i do a good job."

Timmy smiled a wide slender smile, but only replaced it with a flat line when he spoke.

"Hey, I can move, we need to get that women off the floor, can you help me move her?"

She shook her head slightly, she felt numb, but her words just wouldn't come out. Struggling to make out her words, she tried to push the beating of her heart in her ears away. Suddenly she felt her body jerk slightly, but soon calmed down. It was stressing her, she hated being fussed over and wanted to insist that she was fine, but of course, she couldn't speak. Surely she wasn't coming down with the virus, she prayed to God that it was just another cold.

"You...You Where alive before the outbreak? The things you must of seen. Mam, i would give anything to see it, but to answer YOUR question, yes, i taught myself how to cut hair, and personally i think i do a good job."

I smile, and reply, "Yes, I was, and it sure was magnificent compared to what we have now," I chuckle, gesturing towards the front of the House. "And as for your talent, I think I could be a very good practice girl, would I not?" I laugh, and stand up, picking the top half of Skye up. "1, 2, 3." I say, and move her to a small mattress, laying her down.

She said to Skye, "Hey, you're all right. Just a small fever. Not T-103. I promise." I smile, wetting her rag again and placing it over her blazing hot forehead.

"Hey does anyone want to scout out the rest of this building?" Ruka looked around the room to see if anyone was still awake to take up her offer. she picked up her pocket knife and leaned against the cold, firm wall as she waited for a response. She was afraid she was interrupting something, she hadn't quite felt welcome yet, to be honest she didn't really enjoy anyone's company exempt of Noctis. After a moment of waiting she left. Ruka figured if anyone wanted to accompany her they would follow.

Managing to smile slightly, she wanted to thank her. All she could manage was to place her cold hand on her shoulder before letting it slip away. Usually, she didn't feel comfortable with people helping her, but this time around, she didn't feel drowned in pity, they really did want to help, and that helped her relax. Skye remembered when colds were something you woke up with in the morning, and was easily shrugged off, now they were a large threat, and made anyone who caught one more prone to the virus. Her eyes began slipping, she was so tired, still.

"Yeah. I'm good thanks. How is your wound? I can't give proper first aid, but I tried to clean it out of the rust. There is a shop nearby. Do you want to look around?" He asked the girl. Jaden was a bit worried about her, and about Takai too. He got up again, and looked at the girl. First at her arm to check the wound and then at her eyes, waiting for answers.

Chana tilted her head to the side, using the hand on her good arm to put pressure on the wound. She laughed nonchalantly, not wanting to worry anyone.

"Oh, I'm fine. I worked at a hospital before the virus. Once we get back to the house, I'll just clean it up nice n' easy. I wonder how it's going over there. I know how we have to linger here to make sure no Compromised are left...but still. Hope they're good. Especially Asher," she said, touching a hand to her chin. Suddenly, the sound of a faint gunshot reached her ears.

Chana looked at Jaden, pointing in the direction of the noise. She crept slowly around the corner of the buildings, to a dried up city park. It was an eerie sight, and Chana felt exposed in the open air. There was a cinderblock well in the corner, a slight wisp of smoke curling out of it. She walked slowly, peering over the edge of the abandoned well. The face of a girl about her age peered up at her, blood seeping from her arm. Not a threat, but another survivor. Chana's eyes widened, and she tightened the dressing of her own dirty wound.

"Hey, are you alright?!" she called down, beginning to lean over the corner of the well. "Are you strong enough to grab my arm? I can try to pull you out!"

Ruka Felt like an outcast, not that she hadn't felt like one her entire life, but this was the one time she thought she was going to possibly make allies. As she wandered through the cold, motionless corridors, she felt empty inside. "Is this place right for me?" she asked herself. "should I just go?" These questions swirled through her head, making her dizzy. She desperately needed something to drink. She wouldn't be able to stand it much longer, and this hallways seemed to be going on forever

Soon enough she came across a large stairway that lead onto the second floor. To her liking it was much more open there. Before long she found herself in a large kitchen, with a pantry like she had never seen. "Should I tell the others?" she pondered. In the corner of the room there was a small bag, that held a few empty cans. She could use this. Ruka dumped out the bag and slung it over her shoulder before investigating the dusty old pantry. She crossed her fingers that there was some food she could eat. As soon as she opened it she was revolted by what she both saw, and smelled. the shelves were packed with moldy and decomposed fruit, meat, and bread. It was down right disgusting. She recoiled from the reek of it. But as she looked further, she saw a stack of canned ravioli and assorted fruit, she counted 18 cans. As she piled each one into her bag, she contemplated running, stealing all the food for herself and leaving. She could make it, If she dared go back to her old home that she hadn't dared look at let alone go into. Her mothers corpse probably still sat on the floor where she last saw her, eyes full of fear and a bullet in her head.

She quickly shook the thought out of her head. This was the second time she had thought of the past in years. This place, for the strangest reason, reminded her of her family. Ruka knew she couldn't bare leave her chance for a new life. She finished packing the cans in her bag and went to check the sink for running water. "Dry." she cursed and walked to return to the group that she had decided to trust

Vladimir was busy in his own world asleep. He was dreaming a certain memory. The day before he had left his mother land. It was snowing, gently the snow flakes had been falling down one after another, swaying left to right due to the wind. Vladimir was mesmerized by the scenic beauty that had been bestowed upon him. That day he had not commented upon the picturesque allure, it was rather foolish of him. May that is why he would never be able to see one of those days again. A minute snow flake had taken its seat at Vladimir's nose. Shortly he was called for ready for the operation. He had taken a place on the jet they were taken. It had some rather conspicuous cargo. A huge Carbontanium box with them, as the guidelines suggested now one dared to ask. Vladimir had his head settled his forehead at the window as he bid his home hand goodbye, sadly it seems forever.

Vladimir had been asleep on the second floor and had slept through all the commotion. His eyes soon opened up, they were peeking all around realizing he is not on a plan but is still stuck in the Armageddon. He hurriedly checked if he still had his rifle and back pack. He seemed to have a different aura about himself right now. He picked up his pistol and slowly and stealthily walked down stair where he could hear some noises from. He soon mumbled like he always did, " The oblivious villain descends down onto the stage marking the start of the third act that shall happen on this day. He had a fierce look on his face, was he going to be lead into the evil path, murdering someone's love? or was he going to save a little being beast and become a hero? The audience verily baffled by this act. "

Mel crouched down lower into the well and sighed, tilting her head to look out into the dark sky. The only light right now was that from the moon casting a glow upon the landscape and the girl found a tiny bit of solace in the fact that it never seemed to change. Most things in this world now were a surprise and having something consistently happening was something that still tied her down to the earth.

She made her breathe very quiet and shallow for fear of attracting unwanted attention, straining her hearing to see if those infected earlier had lumbered away yet. Not being able to hear anymore scuttling feet hitting down on the pavement Mel finally released her hand from pressing down against the gashing wound and couldn't help the gag that sounded from the strong odor of blood as it assaulted her nose in such close quarters. It seemed to only be made worse because the source was her blood.

Mel got a bit too distracted by the slick blood coating her hand and didn't notice the sound of soft feet getting closer and closer until the figure had leaned over and actually spoke out.

"Hey, are you alright?! Are you strong enough to grab my arm? I can try to pull you out!"

The brunette looked up at the entrance of the well and was pleasantly surprised to see a female, maybe a few years older than her, leaning a tiny bit into the well. She had long jet black hair with bangs cut straight across and bright blue eyes that held a tinge of concern and worry inside. Little tiny droplets of water fell from the girl and landed nearby Mel herself indicating that the girl was also wet.

Man, being clean would be such a relief.

"Yeah, I'm doing just peachy!" Of course the first thing that popped right out of her mouth had to be a sarcastic retort, the sound a bit dry from her voice lacking use. The brunette shook her head and felt slightly dazed, probably from blood loss kicking in, before trying to obtain a more appropriate approach.

"Sorry, I'm just being an ass! And yes I'm strong enough to grab hold of your hand. The help is much appreciated. Although you could also get the boy right behind you to help pull me out. It's not very nice to let a lady do all of the work!" Her last response was directed at Jaden who just happened to be standing next to Chana.

Wiping a bit of the blood from her hand onto her pants she raised her good arm and waited to be helped back up.

Jaden, seeing the wounded, instantly started to make some place where they could make her rest. After doing so, he lent his shoulders too. As the girl could lay down, Jaden turned towards Chana. "There is a shop a few numbers above on the street. There were some medical supplies too." Informated Chana quickly. "Do you need anything from there?"

Cally was tending to Skye when she heard loud footsteps coming from the stairs. She looked up, seeing a dark figure emerge from the night shadows, whom it's face could not be matched to an identity in the dim fireplace light. "Hello?" She called out, leaving Timmy and Skye, walking to the railing, and awaiting the appearance of the shadow. "You don't need to hide, I'm Cally." she said, brightly, stepping on the first step of the flight. "Who are you?" she asked, eagerly climbing up the stairs to meet the figure.

Ruka heard footsteps behind her. She swung around to look for the source. It couldn't have been any of the others, they were all in the main room downstairs. she dropped the bag behind a corner and moved forward to find the sorce of the noise " who's there?" she asked firmly, flipping her pocket knive open in her frigid hand.

Chana and Jaden yanked the girl up over the edge of the well, stumbling backwards as she hit the ground. Chana couldn't help but chuckle to herself, the girl's dry and sarcastic comment had made her laugh a bit. She liked anyone that knew how to use their words. Pulling the girl up, she knelt on the ground beside the stranger, looking at the deep gashes decorating her arm. She snapped her head towards Jaden, nodding. Things like this, these injuries, was why there world needed a safe place.

"That would be great actually. Could you find me some dermal thread, needles...actually, maybe just a medical kit? Everything should be in there," she instructed, her eyes still on the other girl's arm. Maybe she could patch herself up too. Smiling slightly, she raised her eyebrow at the newest survivor.

"The name is Chana. That's Jaden. I know your life is probably just peaches and cream...but I've gotta clean and stitch up that cut. You know, just for fun," Chana said lightly, her tone dry but lighthearted and gentle.

Vladimir's movement had surely been found out about. It seemed the very old wooden floor did need some fixing. Vladimir had always stood tall and so it seemed that his head was still in the dark but his pistol might have been visible which was pointed at the girl holding a tiny knife. " The assassins emerge with a deadly plan, a operation they shall commence to kill the dreadful villain but succeed they shall not cause the act is still left. ", he mumbled. he replied to the girl, " Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in the shadows. Do not take this a comment on your powers of observation but a mere remark upon the paradox of asking a man residing in shadows that ' who he is? ' ", he ended neither coming out of the dark and nor asking questions like them. Vladimir truly liked to play patiently and wait for his enemy to make the next move.

( gun is at e-e ennei mini mine mo at cally )

Cally chuckled, stepping into the shadows with him. "You are by far the most confusing survivor I've met. It would be nice if you told my your name, but by your accent I can tell you are from Russia, Eastern region perhaps?" She smiles in the darkness, and try to see his face, which she cannot do. "Do you want to explore this place with me? Ruka left a little while earlier, and I want to make sure she's okay. And I don't want to go alone, because tehre seems to be surprises around every corner. "

"Okay." Answered Jaden, and he hurried over to the shop. He ran across the street and, entering the shop, he went into the staff's room. He was fortunate as there was a medical kit. Taking it, he headed back to the others. Arriving there, he opened the kit and put it next to the girl. "Is there anything else I could help with?" He asked Chana as he was worried for the girl. He pitied, that he did not have any talent for this medical kind of things.

Elene accepted the bowl from Cally with a soft smile, sipping the warm soup slowly. "Thanks," she said. The other girl soon left, but Elene stayed there for a while, leaning against the wall as she thought about her options. Really, it seemed like a good idea to stay with the others; she was sure that they didn't mean to hurt her or steal her supplies, and it was a much better shelter than she'd seen in ages. She wouldn't have to constantly stay awake—she suppressed a yawn just thinking about how little sleep she had, most of the time—and overall, it was just much safer to be with others than to try to survive on her own.

It was clear to Elene that, for the moment at least, she would be staying at the safe house, just to see what would happen if nothing else—after all, it wasn't as if her life had been all that easy before, either, she thought to herself, rolling her eyes at the thought; there'd been an apocalypse, after all. Her decision made, she decided to explore the house.

Soon enough, she discovered the library, eliciting a soft gasp from the girl, who loved to read, even if it was in the middle of an apocalypse. She smiled, but decided against perusing the bookshelves; it would take forever, and she didn't really have time. She'd revisit it later, she decided, continuing on her journey through the house.

"I don't want trouble, heck I don't even want to be here. I just want to live" Well fuck. of course anyone held at gun point would say that. Now that she thought harder about it, why was she even trying? Her eyes flickered to Cally and then the staircase and a smirk came across her face as she thought of a plan. She saw something reflect in the shadows as the other girl naiively stood infront of the foe with confidence, most likely a weapon of some kind. she had to assume it was the worst case and it was a gun. It was every man for himself in this world and Ruka decided to risk it.

She threw her blade in the darkness where the weapon was seen, If it didn't hit the man, it would at least distract him, a split second later Ruka had grabbed the bag and was running for her life with the food hanging from her wrists that were lifted above her head to protect her. She ran for the window rather then the staircase and escaped.

"Peaches and cream? Aw, but I'd prefer cookies and cream." Mel mumbled as a shiver tore through her body, her eyes casting a glance at both of the newcomers. "Nice to meet you two fellow survivors and thanks for the help. I was afraid that I'd have to but a bullet between both of your brains for a moment there."

The last time Mel had run into some other survivors they invited her into their group with open arms. Although it didn't last very long. See, when she had first arrived with those previous people she had quite a bit of things with her, a bag attached to her back practically ripping at the seams because of the sheer number of supplies it was carrying. About a week or two with that new group they had assigned her to go on a scouting mission with a few other members and, when she had her guard down just for a second, they attacked her and left without even a glance back. The only thing she had after that incident were a few knifes along the inside of her boots.

After that, she did her best to stay in the shadows and remain inconspicuous. Those people had left her for dead and it practically killed her that they could so easily stab her in the back without her even realizing what they were planning. It did make Mel wonder why they went through the trouble of gaining her trust in the first place when all they had to do was loot her upon first meeting though. Perhaps they enjoyed breaking people?

The brunette shook her head as another shiver shot done her spine and brought herself away from the trip down good 'ol memory lane, settling for the present. She watched as the boy hurriedly left for the shop and waited for him to get back before speaking up once more, doing her best to stay alert and not let her guard down.

"Sorry about getting a bit of blood on you guys by the way. And my name's Mel which, no, doesn't stand for anything else. It's a short, sweet, and to-the-point kind of name."

Vladimir smirked, " Smart girl aren't you? Yet so hasty, why would I be acting as your bodyguard for no payment? " he asked. " And the audience gasped they stood from their seats in disbelieve has the damsel broken his hero's trust? Had he made an arrangement with the devil. The plot was only make denser, any assumptions now lost in the mist filled with unsure thoughts ". He was shocked when a knife sided near him when he turned around the thrower had already escaped and it would not be judicious to go in a pursuit at such a disadvantaged start.

The blade did miss Vladimir but it did create a wound at his neck, soon a little stream of blood was pouring down. He moved out of the shadows and towards the girl. Vladimir was out of any medical supplies that might patch his minor wound but he still would not ask for help at least not from a foe. " And who might you be lass he asked ? ". " the other assassin fled troubled by the betrayal, but was the strike enough? Has the villain perished? Is the act now in peril! Who knew and who cared. Everyone were intrigued and curious to what might come next " he mumbled.

She had made it. she smiled with temporary hope. But she had lost her only weapon. Would she return to the group and give them the food regardless of the danger that she had just escaped? Or would she keep running and hope that everything would turn out fine? She couldn't steal from them. But she couldn't go back in there. She would wait. Ruka decided to hide behind a dumpster near the other side of the building until she could clear her panicked mind of what had just happened.

Cally stepped in front of the shadow, and put her hands on his shoulders to steady him. "Are you mentally stable? Because last time I checked, there was no audience, and this is an apocalypse. Not a play." She arrogantly said, and then lightened up. "What would you want, as payment, to go with me?" she twisted a long lock of her hair around her finger before replying to herself. "How about.. memories? I can tell you some of mine. They're pretty interesting, ya know. And things get boring around here." She said, noticing the gash on his neck. "Ooh. Goodness. Are you alright?" She looked over her shoulder, not seeing anybody, then back at him. His face still remained shadowed, but now that she was in front of him, she could see the frame of his body. He was bulky, and tall, about 3 inches taller than she was. Sighing, she pulled her hair over her shoulder. "I guess I could go on my own."

"Don't mind the blood." Answered Jaden as he firmly smiled at her. "My name is Jaden, it's been a pleasure to meet you" He said with an even wider smile on his face. Although he was smiling, he was worried. He looked at Chana, and tried to read from her face.

He, unfortunately, was unable to do so, and after admitting that to himself, he turned back towards the other girl. "Would you like me to bring something from the shop for you?"

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én HTC Desire 500-el

Users who are viewing this thread

Back