Beginning map

What would you guys think of using a Seed generator to make a map? I believe the ones we have are okay, but I see some things as being relatively ambiguous and some matters of geography could be complicated to manage.

Here is one example I have:

Borealis Island.png

View attachment Map-3.bmp

@Rhakun We had a better map in our previous RP, but I'm unable to upload that one to this site. This map is just a poor re-draw of the previous map, in order to maintain the geography of the last one. I'm all for using seed generators, but unless we can use something that would allow us to maintain the general structure of the two continents, we can't use a generator.
------
On a side note, however, I've updated the map to show a very poor version of montecardo. I would recommend viewing the CS for a better version, but this way it shows up in relation to the other nations.

Map for When Empires Collide #1.png

Ok, here's one that's sort of similar.

Two main islands, one's a big square-ish chunk and the other has a southern gulf. There are some secondary landmasses around that weren't on the first map and it's all sort of geographically similar.

Projection.png

EDIT: Here's the Olsson projection so you guys get to see the geographical layout a bit better

Projection 2.png

EDIT 2:

[SIZE=11pt]Seed: 12234189[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Zoom: 2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Longitude: 90[/SIZE]

Rotation: 90° Clockwise

Here's the coding for this one on (http://topps.diku.dk/torbenm/maps.msp). You can play around with the thing if you like :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back