TV & Film Am I the only one who's obsessed with Stardust and The Princess Bride?

Endling

<p>

I can't explain how much I love those two movies. I always say how I hate romantic movies but honestly I'm a huge softie who loves them. And now that they're both on Netflix I'm watching them 24/7. Anybody else have the problem that I do? Lol

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I love them both ^_^ The Princess Bride is pretty popular with most of the people I know. Stardust not so much, with the exception of one friend who adores it. I saw it about two years ago and I loved it too. Frankly, I think more people should check it out.

ApfelSeine said:
I love them both ^_^ The Princess Bride is pretty popular with most of the people I know. Stardust not so much, with the exception of one friend who adores it. I saw it about two years ago and I loved it too. Frankly, I think more people should check it out.
Those movies are so underrated at my school. Nobody bothers to even try and check the movies out. It's weird.

Riore said:
Those movies are so underrated at my school. Nobody bothers to even try and check the movies out. It's weird.
That's honestly pretty surprising. The Princess Bride is huge among nerds of all ages from my experience xD Its one that parents often pass on to their children. You're definately not alone your love of that film.

Stardust isn't as well known, and I've mostly meet older fans who enjoy it, but it's a great film and I think it is definately one that people who enjoyed the princess bride should check out.

Call together some friends and have them sit down and watch these films xD they will probably get into it.

ApfelSeine said:
That's honestly pretty surprising. The Princess Bride is huge among nerds of all ages from my experience xD Its one that parents often pass on to their children. You're definately not alone your love of that film.
Stardust isn't as well known, and I've mostly meet older fans who enjoy it, but it's a great film and I think it is definately one that people who enjoyed the princess bride should check out.

Call together some friends and have them sit down and watch these films xD they will probably get into it.
I'm watching both of them with my friend tonight. I hope she likes them.

Riore said:
I'm watching both of them with my friend tonight. I hope she likes them.
I'm sure she will ^_^ The movies have a lot of charm to them, especially to fantasy lovers. I'm not sure how true they are to the original books, but as films they certainly are very enjoyable.

How more people don't know about Stardust is totally beyond me. I saw it in theaters when it came out, seen it a few times since.

Grew up watching Princess Bride, I have it kicking around on DVD somewhere. Also love it.

You've seen Willow, right? Tell me you've seen Willow. As far as underrated / forgotten fantasy movies go, it's great.

I haven't seen the movie for stardust. But the book is one of my favorites. Same with the princess bride.

If you haven't read either. I'd definitely reccomend them.

Veren said:
I haven't seen the movie for stardust. But the book is one of my favorites. Same with the princess bride.
If you haven't read either. I'd definitely reccomend them.
It's definitely on my list to read both of them. Stardust in particular since Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors.

[QUOTE="Primal Conundrum]How more people don't know about Stardust is totally beyond me. I saw it in theaters when it came out, seen it a few times since.
Grew up watching Princess Bride, I have it kicking around on DVD somewhere. Also love it.

You've seen Willow, right? Tell me you've seen Willow. As far as underrated / forgotten fantasy movies go, it's great.

[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen Willow, and I don't really watch a lot of movies. I've heard of it though, and might check it out at some point. I have whole lists of films and books that I need to get around to checking out, though in the end I generally just end up rewatching nostalgic classics or focusing on reading my book club books instead of reading the things on my list xD Ah well. They're not going anywhere so I'll be able to get to them sooner or later.

Both movies are absolutely amazing~ My father is in love with The Princess Bride and showed it to me when I was younger. I was incredibly happy with its addition to Netflix. On another note, I remember buying Stardust when it first came out and I simply adored it. It would be playing on repeat for a long while and oft kept me entertained while I was ill. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that no one is ever truly alone with an obsession. Chances are, someone out there is just as quirky as you are.~

I love The Princess Bride ;;A;;

Grew up on that. I had a crush on Carey Elwes growing up.
xD

Princess Bride was one of my favorite movies growing up. That and Adventures in Babysitting. I've never seen Stardust, admittedly, but I could watch the other movie for hours. Surprisingly my godmother never saw it until a few years ago and loved it as much as I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back