• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ainel at the brink

Bakuyoshi

The lord of shipping
Oh what a horrible expedition to be the messenger. At least that was one of the thoughts going around in the young mans head. It was supposed to be prosperous, good news but... "How do I even explain this, I know what thoughts will run through the heads of the people. No cure to be found, the expedition torn apart on the return trip and me with this accursed artifact being the only one left."

He tried to throw the obsidian crescent he held off the ship but mentally he just couldn't let it go. It held a promise, but how could he even bring this to them. Knowing what it wants in return and what it did to the crew when they upset it. The blood and carnage around him was a display of it. Regret filled him as a city began to unfold over the horizon.

"My King, everyone please listen to me else this will repeat, but on a grander scale." was all he could mutter before he fell into slumber. Swearing in his last moments there was another person sitting next to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello one and all of RPN, this here is an RP idea that I had a while back but, well let's say I know a lot more now then I did 6 years ago.

This is a lower fantasy setting based around the concepts that magic is but a story from times long past. Most people are just warriors who have trained with weapons. However the main kingdom of Ainel is under threat as it's king has fallen ill. With no clear successor in sight the political side of things has become chaotic. New factions are forming and all seems bleak, however our unfortunate fellow from the opening is returning from an expedition to find a cure for the kings hearing tales of magic.

Obviously if you are here for combat this may not be the RP for you. I want to focus on the political/character side of things. A brawl may happen once in a while but you guys won't be playing warriors trying to prove they are better than each other.

I do have some things like certain characters roles being filled by specific players. But that would be more of a discussion when I feel I got the numbers. (Examples of these character roles would be like a Guard captain or Scholars among the royal court.)

-------------------------------

General lore tibits for those that may have questions

Ainel is a Kingdom heavily based around trading. Most routes have been made with direct meetings between the king and ambassadors from other countries. It is a Monarchy and it's a coastal kingdom, so lots of ocean and beaches.

I may have more info of other countries in the world but that is more if players want to be from outside of Ainel in which case that is lore that will be supplied as needed. Focus on the events in those countries however is non existent outside of interest in keeping Ainel going.

Magic is a concept from stories from times long past, not much is known outside of it being treated as a wives tale. So most do not take it seriously (technically it exists but no character ran by me or anyone in this RP will know anything about it.)

--------------------------------------

Well that's it hope to see some interest and meet some of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back