• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Agatha the Astronaut in: The Titanic Traverse

antibawdy

Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there! I'm antibawdy (she/her/hers), I'm 27, and I'm posting my first interest check here on RP Nation!

Some general information:
  • I've roleplayed over the years, and would consider myself an intermediate writer.
  • I like dramatic plots! Think melodramas, pulp fiction, etc.
  • I prefer FxF. I'm not ruling out other pairings, but I prefer FxF. I would prefer not to engage in any romance RP unless it is an FxF pairing.
  • I like to RP with a PG or PG13 at most. In other words: there might be some very real stakes, a sense of urgency, or even the threat of danger! Nothing too bad will happen, though.
  • Plot, plot, plot - especially character-driven narratives! Our characters are likely to be diametrically opposed, annoyed with one another, and will likely have very different motivations and desires! That's a good thing, if you ask me. I don't require the plot to be overdetermined from the start, and I like when new plot points emerge over time, though I don't like it when seemingly random things happen.
  • Size-themed stories. As I indicated in my intro post, I like stories where someone is thrust into a new environment and has to adjust to life at a different scale. The scenario I've come up with here is meant to explore just that.
  • I'm ambivalent about romance. Not opposed to it, but not seeking it out.
  • Please be literate! I like to write several paragraphs, and would like you to do that, too.
  • Reply time: I'm only online a few times a day, so let's try to exchange one or two messages a day?
  • Please be 18+!

Anywho: let me introduce this idea.

I will play one of my OCs: Agatha the Astronaut. (I don't have a reference picture of her commissioned yet, but I'll describe her to the best of my ability). She's an astronaut from Earth who, through providence (or bad luck), has been sent on a mission outside of the Solar System. She was supposed to only scout and return back to the station near Venus, but, when she neared an unknown planet, the gravity drew her spaceship in.

She crashlands on this alien planet, alone and without the means to return home. As she gets out of the ship, expecting an empty, void rock, she is shocked to discover civilization. It's not exactly like Earth (we can decide whether it's a hyper-advanced civilization, something resembling a historical society, etc.), but the inhabitants seem like humans (they might look identical to humans, or they might be more alien in nature). With only one catch - they're many times Agatha's size!

Agatha is soon found by a local, who takes her in. Agatha has to adjust to being stranded and in the care of one (or more) of these aliens, who have never seen a human before (and might be reluctant to let her go). Will Agatha ever get home? Will she be stuck on this planet forever? Only one way to find out.
  1. The story is largely inspired by Gulliver's Travels (in Brobdingnag), with Agatha taking the role of Gulliver as she is taken under the wing of these aliens. She might be treated nicely, or maybe more like a pet, depending on your character's motivations and ideas. It can be played dramatically, or humorously!
  2. I'm also inspired by sci-fi pulp from the 50s, as well as golden age superhero stories involving superheroes ending up in strange places, too.
  3. You're welcome to play one or more than one characters, or even other humans from Earth (or other aliens) who have ended up on this planet, too.
Got any other ideas :closed eyes open smile:? Please let me know! Contact me here or in my PMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back