• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

1x1 Angel and Demon War

Frowning as she argued against him, Simon debated for a minute before sighing, turning round and kicking out at the bedside table miserably. "Fine. But tomorrow, at the latest." Clearly now in a foul mood, Simon went to the door. "I'm going to get food. I'm locking you two here. For your own safety," he added as an after thought, slamming the door shut behind him and locking it as promised.

"Well…" Dez said slowly, "that went swimmingly."

Ash's wings lowered, "Oh God" She muttered, turning and leaning against the wall, "I can't marry him Dez!" She exclaimed, panic in her blue eyes as she turned to him

"See, this is why Demons are awesome. We don't do marriage, not like humans anyway." Stepping forwards, he leant against the wall beside her, giving her a reassuring smile. "It's okay, we'll use what time we have to scout out the area and find a way out of here. We are, after all, apparently in the best shipyard in the east. We'll get out of here before you have to be eternally bound to tall, fair, and psychotic." Relaxing into a smile he looked over her healed wings and appearance. "I'm just glad you're okay now. You didn't look too chipper before."

"Neither do angels. Its more of a.....mating ritual?" She replied, thinking about it, and looked over at him. She blushed at the thoughts that came to mind as she looked him over, and looked away

Grinning good-naturedly, Dez raised an eyebrow. "That sounds surprisingly racy for angels. Or at least, what the demon perception is on angels." He too flushed, partially out of embarrassment, partially because now his mind was wandering down the mating ritual pathway. "Have you ever… angel-married anyone?" He asked, not wanting to ask her if she'd mated with someone because that seemed a step to far in the personal direction.

Ash quickly shook her head, "N-No.... I....I've never found m-my mate" She said softly, though she knew that was a lie, and that her soulmate stood before her

(Oh wowsers, did Ash just come out of denial on this front? xD Dammit Dez, why don't you have soul-mate detecting wings *shakes character in angry demand*

Dez: You made me fool, blame yourself.)

"I'm still pretty jealous of you guys for having all that," Dez said, grinning crookedly. "Although how it doesn't turn you all into hopeless romantics, I don't know." On the one hand, he wished to change the topic in case she noticed he was a little too interested in the subject of her romantic life, but on the other hand, he was too interested in her romantic life to summon the will to change tact. "So… no heartbroken loved one back in angel-land pining away because you appear to have vanished?"

Ash chuckled lightly, and shook her head,"No. I've always waited...for the right one..." She replied softly, not once looking at him, knowing her feathers were ruffling in a embarrassed manner

"That's pretty noble of you," Dez said, also avoiding eye contact. Well, shit. He definitely shouldn't have asked; if anything, the answer only validated his past points about how unsuitable he was for her. Someone as untainted and wonderful as this deserved better than, well, him and all his baggage to be their first and only right one. Swallowing, he bowed his head, keeping his eyes on the floor. "We won't let Simon touch you again; I certainly won't anyway, unless… you know, you decide you want to or whatever. We can make up some bullshit about it being bad luck the day before your wedding. I'm pretty sure that's a real human thing."

Ash looked up, her eyes gleaming, "D-Dez? C-Can i tell you something?" She asked softly, looking at the floor in a unsure manner. She needed to tell him, she needed to know what he thought

Looking back at her, his heart in his throat out of pointless hope, Dez nodded. "Anything," he said quietly, looking her over hating himself for the clenched feeling in his chest.

(OOC: will reply in a while, g2g for dinner so sorry to leave Ash during her big confession. Also, bravo to Ash for having the balls to tell him :P )

"T-That feeling I said an angel gets w-when their wings brush their soulmate?" She said softly, "I...I've found mine." She continued, watching him, "And I'm watching him for a reaction" She continued nervously

Stunned to say the least, Dez swallowed the weight in his throat, staring for a moment before he blinked his way out of his dazed moment. "Are- are you sure?" He stuttered, heart doing double time, his face flushing like a teenager's. Before he could help himself he broke out into a grin, a goofy, half-shy sort of grin that he hadn't used in a long while and one that just sort of slipped out in a moment of vulnerability. Soul mates and the concept of was a foreign one to him, but the romance of the idea, the possibility of true love was… well, dizzying to put it lightly, and the idea that Ash thought of him in that way didn't help ground him any further.

Ash nodded, her wings gently unfolding to rub against his arm, the feeling flooding her again. She nodded again, and looked at him hopefully, hoping she didn't reject him, hoping he'd want her, even though their species were against each other

Honestly, Dez wasn't even thinking of their species' difference in the moment, the rivalry seemed petty and irrelevant. Nervous, which was ridiculous for him - he was never nervous about these sorts of things - Dez took a step closer and then, moving slowly so that she was free to pull away at any time, he leaned forwards and lightly kissed her on the lips, one hand rising to brush away the hair from her face.

Ash looked surprised, but her eyes gleamed, wings wrapping around him and pulling him closer, deepening the kiss. Whilst she had never done this before, she was excited and happy, her wings quivering. Tears came to her eyes in joy

Feeling unusually warmed by the kiss, Dez leaned in closer, his fingers brushing across the skin of her cheekbone with a feather-light touch, tucking a lock of hair back behind her ear. Kisses had become empty, dead things to him, but now he felt himself respond, emotion flooding through him from the physical connection. He placed his other hand upon her waist, careful not to overstep any unspoken boundaries, aware that this was all new for her, and deepened the kiss with her. Stepping closer, he turned so that she was leant back against the wall, cautious not to pin her. Unable to help himself, he grinned into the kiss, laughing quietly out of happiness, stunned and amazed at how good this actually felt, at finding some unexpected way to feel like this again. Having Ash, noble, selfless, wonderful Ash in his arms, allowing him to kiss her, calling him soul mate - he grinned wider, pressing their foreheads together, brushing their noses against one another in affectionate closeness.

Ash closed her eyes happily as they kissed, and didn't even flinch as she was leant against the wall, completely unlike Simon, who had been forceful and harsh in his movements. Dez was....well Dez. He was graceful, and gentle to her, and the main point that struck Ash with joy was that he hadn't pushed her away. Her eyes flickered open, staring into his as their noses brushed

"I'm not dreaming, right?" He asked softly, his voice rough from the moment of intimacy and the kiss. "Because I feel like this has to be a dream. I can't believe for a second that I should be this lucky." He leant in and kissed her again, drawing back to meet her eyes. "You're- I love you, Ash. I've only known you, what, a week at most? I sound like an idiot for saying it, but I love you."

Just as he finished speaking, the door opened.

(Speak of the devil and he shall appear) (also your reference to Dez's character profile was perfect)

Ash nodded, "I love you too Dez" She said softly, and jumped when the door knocked, freezing in place

(I did? I didn't even mean to quote fez's profile xD )

(I here by christen thee Fez) (Also yeah, you did, which either goes to show you're psychic or that profile was frighteningly accurate xD )

"You know, this, this is why I have trust issues," Simon said, his voice low, quiet, but shaking with what unmistakable rage. "I leave you two alone for two minutes, to go and get food to feed you, after I've helped you escape death and found you somewhere to sleep, and this, this is how you repay me." He reached behind himself, and pulled out a small hand-held phasor gun, which had previously been concealed under his shirt, belted to his back. Moving away from the door way, the door swinging shut behind him, he aimed it at first Ash, then at Dez, his hand shaking in anger. "I should have known the demon-whore would do this. I was an idiot to think for a moment you'd let someone go unfucked, am I right? That would be against your policy, I suppose. Well you can't. She's mine," he spat, stepping closer, his face contorting in anger.

(STUPID AUTOCORRECT)(How about both xD )

Ash flinched at him, and moved in front of Dez, hoping Simon wouldn't shoot her, "I-Its not what you think" She stuttered, eyes wide with fright, which was supposed to be fake, but was also somewhat real

(Hush you, his new name is beautiful) (Plus, fez's are cool) (Matt Smith says so :P ) (And congrats on your new status as the resident psychic then =w=)

His features burning crimson from anger, Simon spat at her. "You. You're no better. You want to fuck pretty boy with his fucking hair and his fucking face. You're just a shallow bitch with nothing." Taking the safety off of the gun, he stepped closer again, pressing the gun against her forehead. "Well fuck you. Jean told me to kill you both, so I will." Now legitimately crying, Simon's hold on the gun shook, and his finger hovered over the trigger. "I loved you, you know. I loved you, but all you're going to do is run from me, like everyone else. Worse, you're doing it with him," he hissed, jerking the gun in Dez's direction.

Ash was shaking as the gun was pressed to her forehead, but took none of the words to heart. However, when he pointed the gun at Dez she moved into the path the bullet would take if he were to pull the trigger. She wouldn't let him hurt her soulmate

Touched to have Ash so selflessly defend him, but at the same time seriously not down with her taking a bullet for him because that simply was no on the 'allowed to happen' list, Dez moved to stand level with Ash, before gently taking the gun and putting it against his own forehead. "Kill me, and she can't run away with me," he said gently, careful to keep his voice even. Before Simon had a chance to go anywhere near the trigger, however, Dez disarmed him with a quick and simple manoeuvre - which was the sort of thing you picked up when you'd spent your life using guns or having them aimed at your head - and then whacked him cleanly over the head with the butt of the gun, flicking the safety back on. Simon, bludgeoned by the gun, was out like a light, sinking to the floor with a muted whimpering noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back