The Dark Wizard

BETA: HTML Is here! (Big Code Update) Part 1

261 posts in this topic

I am officially thrilled, soooo...

don't know what else to say besides thank you very much for informing us that we can code our posts!!~~~ x3

woooooohoooo!!!!!

(might just be a lazy bun and just continue to use canva & google docs cus I can)

((that and I don't like using so much space in a post lmao))

Just now, DaughterofAthena said:

For using color, can I use the paragraph code for color when I just want to color a piece of a paragraph... like a line of dialogue? The site I'm looking at gives a different one than @Musician listed which I was just able to find in styles but it uses two different ones. One for headers and one for paragraphs... and I don't want to color a full paragraph. Just pieces of it. 

Not sure if that's possible using html, but it is with buttons already.

5 minutes ago, KageYuuki said:

Out of curiosity, will the option of HTML code open up more color and font options down the road? I . . . kind of have a thing for dialogue colors and fancy post headers saying who I'm writing for at the time. Hahaha

Also, @The Dark Wizard it seems the picture you added in is broken :-/ (Knowing my luck you've already been told this a few dozen times xD )

With HTML, you can use any color you want.

1 person likes this

Just now, Meredith said:

but it is with buttons already.

With the current buttons, the available colors are very limited. I would like to be able to use all the colors I could access using bbcode. That is why I am seeking to learn to use this tiny piece of HTML. 

Just now, Musician said:

With HTML, you can use any color you want.

*Squee*

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, DaughterofAthena said:

With the current buttons, the available colors are very limited. I would like to be able to use all the colors I could access using bbcode. That is why I am seeking to learn to use this tiny piece of HTML. 

Message me with any coding questions and I will show you everything.

Just now, DaughterofAthena said:

http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

Just copy paste the hex code next to them

3 minutes ago, Pyosimros said:

Will there be support for CSS at some point? o:

CSS is already available (borders, backgrounds, etc).

Just now, Pyosimros said:

Will there be support for CSS at some point? o:

It should theoretically already support CSS if you know what you are doing, but you can't target any site elements outside of your post and alter the way the site looks in your thread. All inline css only, design only content within your posts.

@DaughterofAthena

As a note, BBCode was [x], html is <x>

If you already knew bbcode very well, it shouldn't be too much of a jump before stuff starts clicking.

3 people like this

Just now, Musician said:

CSS is already available (borders, backgrounds, etc).

1 minute ago, The Dark Wizard said:

It should theoretically already support CSS if you know what you are doing, but you can't target any site elements outside of your post and alter the way the site looks in your thread. All inline css only, design only content within your posts.

@DaughterofAthena

If you already knew bbcode very well, it shouldn't be too much of a jump before stuff starts clicking.

FANTASTIC!!!! *Dashes into my workshop*

<-< I'm so excited but the image thingy isn't loading so I don't know what to do. 

Just now, The Dark Wizard said:

I did know bbcode very well. What's throwing me off is all the "a"s and "p"s when I don't want to do something to a whole paragraph. I just want to do it to a single line within said paragraph. I have no idea where the "a" comes from. It's not mentioned in any of the tutorials people have linked me to and yet its in all of Musician's examples. 

Styles too... they are very confusing. 

With bbcode it was just color=... now there are a lot of extra words that don't make sense. 

At the same time, I feel as though I'm spamming the thread with "how to use html" which feels wrong, but if I go make a new thread, I'm afraid everyone's going to be too busy here to help. 

3 minutes ago, Ambela said:

<-< I'm so excited but the image thingy isn't loading so I don't know what to do. 

18 minutes ago, The Dark Wizard said:

Images are currently rebuilding, ignore that. It will go away on its own.

=)

Just now, Ambela said:

Guides will come up among other things.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, The Dark Wizard said:

Not too sure about this one. Seems real oversimplified. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Edrondol said:

Very cool, @The Dark Wizard. Very cool and very dangerous. But if there's anyone I trust to do this right and safe I think it would be you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have some things coming to make it a lot safer. 

1 person likes this