The Dark Wizard

BETA: HTML Is here! (Big Code Update) Part 1

258 posts in this topic

i hope so but for now i'll do some coding practice.

and just to clarify, i need it to make my CSs and intros look nice not my writing. it wouldn't hurt to make it look  neat.

1 hour ago, Musician said:

Besides, a little bird told me that BBCodes may be returning.

You have no idea how much that sentence made my heart happy. I despise how complicated HTML is and the bbcodes were so much easier to use. I know, I know, the concept is the same, but I learned bbcode first a long time go and you know what they say about old horses and new drinks... or something like that XD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 1/2/2017 at 10:44 AM, ewolf20 said:

and just to clarify, i need it to make my CSs and intros look nice not my writing. it wouldn't hurt to make it look  neat.

You don't need HTML to make a CS and/or intro look neat.

When the August RPN update first rolled around and there was no HTML/CSS I used Photoshop mixed w/ Google Docs to make my stuff look nice. And in my posts, I didn't even use Photoshop and went straight to Google Docs. There're many alternatives to making something look nice; I know someone on this site who uses Google Slides for her CSs and they often times look better than coded CSs.

(EDIT: Ahhhh I just realizes these're all old posts...)

Edited by Pyosimros
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 1/2/2017 at 10:44 AM, ewolf20 said:

17 minutes ago, Pyosimros said:

You don't need HTML to make a CS and/or intro look neat.

When the August RPN update first rolled around and there was no HTML/CSS I used Photoshop mixed w/ Google Docs to make my stuff look nice. And in my posts, I didn't even use Photoshop and went straight to Google Docs. There're many alternatives to making something look nice; I know someone on this site who uses Google Slides for her CSs and they often times look better than coded CSs.

Like what Pyo said, there are tons of other ways to decorate CSs other than html/css. You can easily make nice visuals by formatting tables on google docs and pasting that into the button editor. Google slides is my go to when I'm not in the mood to use any coding, since you can easy arrange boxes, pictures, and text to create nice effects. Things like picmonkey and canva work as a good alternative as well (free unlike photoshop), although you can't really edit it.

iirc, @Legend:D also used some separate program to create some nifty looking CSs.

Edit: Welp, there we go vvvvv

Edited by Nano
2 people like this

Just use paint.NET

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Nano said:

Like what Pyo said, there are tons of other ways to decorate CSs other than html/css. You can easily make nice visuals by formatting tables on google docs and pasting that into the button editor. Google slides is my go to when I'm not in the mood to use any coding, since you can easy arrange boxes, pictures, and text to create nice effects. Things like picmonkey and canva work as a good alternative as well (free unlike photoshop), although you can't really edit it.

iirc, @Legend:D also used some separate program to create some nifty looking CSs.

Edit: Welp, there we go vvvvv

I hate to be a female dog, but, how will other users be able to replicate it and before you say the same can be said for code, this different. can google docs do scrolling capabilities, formatting, or anything that HTML can do. I'm well aware of that but I still hold my case. for the mean time, I'll use it but it won't better as the main, standard product.

also, just know that it depends on the person on how to really get most of it. so i don;t see your point, but I'm not here to start a flame war concerning on if i really need HTML coding in my life.

Edited by ewolf20

No, Google Docs will not be able to use scrolling, but hopefully, you will find it as a reasonable substitute to use different colors, fonts, tables, columns, etc., until you can use the HTML. :)