• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Zorvania: IC

Blitzer

Elder Member
The lands of Zorvania are in conflict, blood is shed, human, humanoid, and non-humans, regardless of gender or age. A land once united under one flag is now torn between hundreds of banners all vying but without the true ambition that creates a lasting empire. Will you be the one to crush all beneath your heel, or will you fight simply for money, or defend your lands against the ever encroaching enemy? Chose your path and ready your lance for impact. Let us ride!

In the Northern land, the tensions rise with the different races struggling for domination. The Orcs especially no longer suppressed by the empires forces are breeding rapidly and are ready to begin conquest.

In the Midlands, the last city of the Empire, Solar is fending off multiple attacks and calling for mercenaries to boost their army of 1,500.

In the South Hill, dragons have begun to migrate to the mainland killing and burning. Also foreign pirates are establishing bases in the fjords and small islands, raiding up and down the coasts.

The islands may be somewhat peaceful however war still stirrs.

CS thread
OOC and Lore
Discord

Liu Clan.png
Liu Yuzhang

Behind him, a room full of officials and advisers. Each waiting in baited breath on his every word. However, now he had to deal with Zhang Hao. His fathers oldest adviser and friend, at least that still lives. "You are in a privileged position. I over look much of your indiscretions but you are over stepping. I know we owe our existance and stability to the bargain that was struck when I was in my youth. That bargain was to a tyrant who is twenty years dead. At your behest I even continued the bargain onto his son. You know were I now stand. I stood by as you had me order an army to its death to try and secure the southern Leon River pass to ensure continued trade with the wastrels in Sol. No longer. Our Fleet is a shadow of its former glory. The Northern Expanse is unprotected and we no longer have the numbers to keep the northern demons in line. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I am usurping the decadent fools and restoring the former boundaries. Is this understood?"

Zhang Hao swallowed. He normally felt untouchable. Safe. Immortal. But now he was old and he knew the young regent was a determined ruler. Nevertheless he spoke his thoughts. "Your Imperial Descendency. While I respect your decision, can you not see that abandoning them now would make us no better then all the rest? We cannon join this new tide of rebellion. Already they look to conquer us, how can we fight them and the recent empire? We simply cannot risk it.

Yuzhang looked to the ground and shook his head. "You were a good ally to my father. We owe much to you. But you overstep your boundary and I am afraid and example must be made. The understanding set. This is to be you" The man looked at him with a feared look as he motioned for Guards to take hold of him. "Wait out the doors until I call. I will set the course of my rule in stone tonight." With that he then opened the door. Entering a large room. Upon entering the many advisers stood and bowed, remaining so until he began to speak.

"Today we regain our sovereignty. No longer are we puppets to be commanded by those who think themselves grander then the grander race. Of course we made a bargain, for the sake of our people. Why sacrifice so many so that we could sit in our land, isolated and alone, devoid of learning and friends. Such a time is past. Now we sacrifice them so that the bastard who oppressed the land can do exactly that. NO MORE. As of this moment I declare war on those in Sol. As of this moment I decree we will regain the old boundary. I pledge myself to destroying the demons of the north and defending the free people of the south. I hereby state my cause. It is true. It is just. It is War. I know what you think. War is not our way. Let the short lived fight this out amongst themselves and fight the greater threat. THESE CHARLATANS ARE THE GREATER THREAT. If they are allowed to continue history will soon repeat itself or, worse, another such man shall rise to oppress the world and begin anew. We must throw ourselves into this. Wholly. Fully. Entirely. We must commit. The City of Sol must be given to a worthy champion. One willing to forget about the desires of greed and look to the power of freedom." He paused. hushed whispers began to deafen the room.

He pointed an arm toward the door he entered from and a guard opened it, bringing forth the old man, the room quickly fell silent. "Many of you know Zhang Hao. Loyal Adviser and friend to my father, my family. He has given us much. But he has been corrupted by his own deceptions. He worships the human emperor like a god. Demanding I do so to. While it pains me greatly. He disrespects me. He still treats me like the child I was when we joined the demons in Sol. Letting them conquer so that one day we may rise against them and free the peoples once more. THAT DAY IS TODAY. He refuses to this fact. To see his own plan come to fruition. He thinks we must wait yet longer. Allow more suffering and let more die. I see the wisdom, though misplaced, in his words. I even respect them. But he continues to forbid me. He continues to act against me. No doubt plotting with Sol against my back. For this he cannot be forgiven. No matter how much I wish to do so. My ancestors would never allow it." In one smooth movement he drew his blade and beheaded Zhang Hao. As blood fountained up from the wound and the head rolled down the steps of where he stood, a trail of crimson flowing behind it, he continued. "I understand that you are allowed your own beliefs. I even respect your advise, even when it acts against my own. But I will be commanded by no one man. That said. He will be given a full funeral. I expect you all to attend. Send all the messengers. Let those on our border know that we stand with them. Tell them we intend to take Sol and end the Empire. TELL THEM I SERVE THE FREE PEOPLES. Tell them they City of Sol will fall. Tell them. Tell them, too, that I don't want it."

With that he left the hall, a couple of guards and servants began attending to the corpse and the blood splatter. Liu Yuzhang had other plans. Travelling to the home of Wang Ping, over the course of a very pleasant meal, he gave him command of 80 Protectors and ordered 150 of the waiting armed militia to be rallied to his banner, bolstering his forces so that he could succeed in the coming campaign. His mission, retake the Southern Leon River pass and then begin securing it. He was also order to retreat should an over whelming force arrive before the pass is secured.

Eme Clan

Iphica Eme Gozesin, Matriarch of the Eme Clan, unslung her composite recurve bow and beckoned for her companion to do the same with her's as she began fitting the bowstring along the length of the weapon. Although the Eme Clan under her leadership may have consolidated their power in the Central Northern Wastes there still remained orcs unbeholden to the peace that she had constructed. Orcs that poached Sokyss hunting grounds and had expected to escape with their lives by taking their spoils of wild game deep into the desert. They had caught up to the trespassers five kilometers from the edges of recognized Emeian territory, the distant figures fleeing over the open sands slowly becoming more recognizable as six individual targets. Iphica stopped Rimzi three hundred meters out. "Three shots Rimzi," she spoke, reaching for her quiver and nocking an arrow in one interrupted, fluid motion. "Begin from the right and work your way inwards."

Six arrows were released by the Emeian Rangers in close succession. All were in the air and hurtling towards their targets in the span of seconds, and with the passing of a few more beats the savages fell with the signature green arrow-shafts of her clan buried in their backs. Sokyss practiced from birth to achieve a rapid accuracy similar to this, but few could attain it in a matter of time approximating a decade, or for Rimzi, just mere months of careful tutelage. Even what Iphica did here today with her apprentice however was eclipsed by some of the feats of the veteran rangers she knew, who had complete decades if not entire centuries of knowledge in their bloody field that no amount of dedication or aptitude could ever hope to surpass in such a short duration.

Iphica silently watched over her apprentice as Rimzi ran over to the corpses and went to work over the next hour retrieving their arrows and butchering the cadavers. Orc meat may be disgusting and tough, but Sokyss were never known for waste, and their ability to brave the unknown of the culinary art had allowed them to discover new delicacies within the depths of the near-universal taboo of Zorvania. When Rimzi finished Iphica joined her and set to work creating a bonfire with what was left. There wasn't ever any use to leaving something for the scavengers to pick through, especially with how things are going throughout the region. She'd heard the rumors of the arachnid tribes uniting, she'd heard of the rapidly growing numbers of the orcs, and the boundless desperation and paranoia of the few civilized human settlements still dotting the wasteland. This message would be the last the Sokyss send for awhile. After this the Eme Clan and likely all other Sokyss in the region will go underground and wait for the tension in the air to dissipate before resuming normal operations once again on the surface. If someone wanted to pick a fight with her clan, they'll have to do it on her terms. Let the orcs, the arachnids, the humans, all that lived and died in the Northern Wastes to weaken themselves in the fighting. But never the Sokyss, and never her clan.

When they were finished scattering the ashes to the winds and commending what remains to the sands they returned with all due haste to the Eme stronghold, packing up the meat and skins into a backpack and the inside pockets of their two dusters. Unstringing her bow, Iphica's nose wrinkled at the stench of charred orc. Even in death they continue to smell foul she reflected. "Is the surface to your liking?" Iphica finally intoned to Rimzi shortly after they took the first steps of their journey home.

"The sun burns the unprotected skin and eyes like leaves in a forest fire," Rimzi spoke hurriedly, "and the desert seems equally as unforgiving to us."

It was true. The Sokyss couldn't take off their dusters, take off their headscarves, take off their goggles, while under the glare of the unrelenting sun above without instantanous irritation and agonizing sunburns. But Rimzi didn't understand that the desert was suited to them too, that they could survive where many others struggled to adapt. "Yet only we are prosperous." Iphica eventually absentmindedly recited.

Rimzi looked to her sadly. "What prosperity of Zorvania but our's begets hunger and sickness and death? There are those beyond our borders that do not struggle to survive, who only struggle in achieving greater wealth and power."

"Riches would corrupt us as it had the rest of the races, destroying our culture and reaping our souls until all we have left is our hollow bodies and an all-consuming hunger for more, in time making us little more than another target of the others that you speak of." Iphica spoke fiercely.

"We would have our lives and a chance to do better," Rimzi near-whispered. "More of a chance than I fear we would ever have if we continue to wait for the world to come to us, hoping that when it does we've remained strong enough to fight it off."

The pair became silent after that as Iphica mulled over the wisdom of her passionate apprentice's words. Perhaps she was right; that in time it would be prudent to branch out to the outside world, if only a little.

Chifon Hordus sighed softly as he gripped the spear in his hand and stared up at the centaur bearing down on him. Chifon tensed his muscled and jumped into the air crashing into the centaur while diverting the massive lance the centaur had beared at him. He wrapped his hands around the Centaur's upper body and held tightly crushing the Centaur's upper body with his prodigious strength. The Centaur growled out a surrender before Chifon dropped off of him. "I swear King, you are a monster."

"A king is ever a monster to everyone, whether they love him or not," Chifon said lightly, "Anyway that's enough for today. There are a many pressing matters."
As if to show his statements were true, his siblings stepped out onto the training grounds. Before his brother could speak his sister began. "Chicon's patrols ran into a large mass of orcs approaching. His patrol slaughtered them all with arrows and an ambush suffering no serious casualties however the direction they were heading in is induated with Orcs. We must deal with them now before it is too late."

Chifon sighed slowly. "Anything else?"

Chicon spoke up. "Pick your choice, those spiders, more civil war in the middlands, mercenary slimes what that is about I have no idea."

Chifon looked out over the capital city little more than a few well made structure dominated by his mansion. The rest was tented. "We send out a call for Mercenaries and rally our forces. I want all of our forces in the center. Cicilia call up all the reserves and send out a call for all the squires that have come of age to fight to come and join our forces. I want war mode people! Send out warnings to all of the villages and the nomad parties. We will ride to destroy these scum orcs!"

dragonflag.jpg
Irisfil Von Richenau
Upon reaching land Irisfil and her entourage disembarked on the desolate plains of the northern wastes the land definitely had fit is name. There were rocks and sand as far as the eye could see, the horizon stretching for miles only breaking the horizon by ragged hills with the cloudy sky above. "This land is more cursed than the ruins back home" she complained then looked back to everyone. "This is where we will be camping for tonight!" looking over to a trio who had been working with each other for a while and pointed at them. "you three! scout for any nearby villages and any resources, if you find any inhumans stay clear of them for now and note their location, i'll go back for them later." They saluted her and nodded getting on their horses and started to ride off to the east. They were skilled men and she trusted that they would find what they needed.

The men at arms immediately went off to find a stable and solid area for fortifications while the other knights unloaded their equipment. it wasn't much, mostly food rations and various weapons but there should be a ship arriving soon with the rest of their equipment and by then they would've establish a good site to build their little camp. Iris watched over her men and their equipment while her childhood friend and their only mage Camila took in accounting it all. it was tedious and boring but it was all necessary soon enough the men at arms found a good solid foundation for the location of their semi-fort-camp, using the wood from spare parts of their ship they established a semi circle of parapets overlooking the raggedly hills. needless to say they worked hard and many complained but eventually they got a good thing going on.

However all was not quiet as Ervig and his two men were scouting the surrounding area they spotted rather large tribes of orcs roaming just beyond the hill. Unfortunately he couldn't just say he was done there, they needed to go deeper into the mainland and a few orcs wont be a good enough excuse for the princess. Riding further inland they spotted a few villages most of them weren't human villages either, could the mainland really have this few humans? perhaps it was just this certain area they were in? The last thought was further enforced by how many villages seemed to be southward. There were even some villages being raided by savage orcs, Ervig noted how the mainland orcs seemed much larger than the ones back at home. soon enough he found a large town of some sort, it seemed like an amalgamation of different cultures there were also a lot of farmland or what could be passed as farmland. it didnt seem like anything could grow here. Now satisfied with their findings and with the sun setting Ervig decided to go back to camp.

Back at Camp tents were set up and everyone was now resting after a day of hard work, but Irisfil and one of her Veteran Knights, an old man named Gunteric. Were busy with a general and basic map of the mainland empire planning their expansion, the problem with the map was that it wasnt very detailed and would need to wait for Ervig and his two scouts to come back. "The northern wastes are all but useless, but recent reports have said that it is all but anarchy here with mostly non-human beings." Gunteric explained to Irisfil, the old mans words were from whispers and rumors from traders that came to danseig to trade their goods. Irisfil closed her eyes and leaned back a little. "It is our duty to bring law and order to these lands" she eyed Gunteric and he nodded in response. Of course this wasnt entirely all of her plans laid out into fruition, this was merely an excuse to cover her real plans. Plus, it would make for better morale and nobles would like her more under its disguise. Suddenly Ervig walked into the commanders tent barring news of his findings. "The whole place is infested with orcs, there are large gatherings of orc tribes and some of them are attacking each other." Irisfil wasnt suprised, it had happened back home in her island when the empire collapsed. "There is also another thing to note, the orcs here seem much larger than the ones back home, not as large as the warchief you encountered, my lady. but large enough to pose a problem if they unite." Gunteric and Irisfil narrowed their eyes at this revelation.

In Irisfil's mind the solution was simple, dont let them unite, find the cause of their strife and amplify it, make the situation worse. In Gunteric's mind they needed to have a good imagine between the orc tribes help them stabilize and incorporate them into their protection. Whether or not whose idea of how to approach the situation wouldve been better was up to anyones guess but Ervig had something else to say. "There is also a large town that orc raiding parties seem to avoid, it seens well guarded with various cultures festering inside." "it might be a kingdom of some sort." Gunteric thought out loud. "I highly doubt it, without a human majority its impossbile for these savages to establish any type of real order." Irisfil said in a condescending tone. Gunteric might have his protests but it wasnt a secret that many knights shared her opinion, even Ervig did. "We will send envoys to each village by morning, if attacked withdraw and come back to camp. If they dont, strike a conversation and find out their ruling structure, then comeback." If she was correct most of these orc villages followed a simple rule, the strongest leads. If she were to kill the Warchief the others should fall in line, and if they don't their whole village will be slaughtered. Smiling she dismissed Ervig.

"If i may my lady"
"Go on"
"in my long years i have shared your opinion, but not every inhuman being is inferior"
She looked up at the old man with cold eyes.
"You're right Gunteric, not everyone of them. But most of them, now go get some rest."

Nodding the old night walked out of the tent and into the torch lit camp, leaving Irisfil alone in the war room serving as a tent. She was going to have to deal with this opinion that not every race is inferior soon before more knights start challenging that fact. Her best hope would probably be the orcs, their emotions run rampant and their minds easily melded, they hate each other just as much as they hate strangers and she would have to use that to its full effect.

upload_2017-9-1_2-19-15.png

The Cabal

Iaz'eldith and his cabal had finally found a good place to hold up, the southern mountains where home to Dragons to they would keep people from wandering too far in and the hill where close enough to civilization that they had access to new thralls and prey. Yidigr'mu had come back from a scouting mission and had come to relay his findings " My lord,The city of sol has many weak minded people and i have heard that a race of strange albinos have taken up hold in the northern wastes" this provided them lots of opportunities for praying on orcs was of little use, the minds of those creatures held nothing of use.

"We shall continue to wait, we must expand our influence, perhaps we can use the thralls to lure the inferior into the mountains" he walked to the mouth of the cave "Our presence will make itself known however so we must act sooner than later" the illithids combined presence along with Iaz'eldith's immense psionic power would cause people coming too close to the mountains to suffer from head aches, despite the fact that only Iaz'eldith had enough power to use his mind as a weapon the other illithids where all by nature psionic just unable to manifest their power.

"But still, we must wait" Iaz'eldith said in his cold and unchanging tone. "We wait"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The King Of Rats

Ingit was woken from his slumber by his son shaking his arm "Papa!, the caravan is ready to move on again" Ingit sprung up from his place of rest and dawned his crown and red frock coat "Return to the caravan Immic, i shall join you shortly" the young Ratfolk scurried off quickly while Ingit made sure to gather anything he left behind. Ingit believed that the coming weeks would provide a large income of goods and coin, many new people had come to the islands and would sooner or later come to the midlands, there were those elves who had come through and those humans that had come to the midlands, surely they must have trinkets to sell and buy.

Upon reaching the caravan, Ingit was greeted by his kin giving him waves and smiles, they were exited for the same reason he was, great wealth awaited them. The Ratfolk set off down the midlands, hoping to encounter people who had coin be they human,orc or anything else for Ratfolk did not discriminate, if they had coin the Ratfolk had wares.

Nephala K'tsjorda
Northern wastes - Peaks to sands, Mainland.

A man strolls the streets slowly. His arms contorted in uncomfortable positions and the right side of his face slack. Large brows, shaggy hair and a ratty beard all coloured white cloak most of his face but the tears remain ever visible. He stumbles to the side as he walks, looking around him.
Screams filled the air. Web covered woman and babe while those brave enough to raise weapons were quickly put down. His world was falling down around him and nothing could be done to save it. "What have they done?" He falls to his knees on the cobbles and looks up at the blinding sun. Thick black plumes of smoke sail into the sky where they may caress the gentle colouring of the desert sky with their destructive tendrils. His tears hit the ground and his posture worsens as he slumps over to weep for his township.

A woman claws at the ground beside him from underneath a large web and he looks away to continue crying. He was scared for his life. They all were. The difference between him and them is that he'd spoken with the arachnids and was promised safety in exchange for information.
"She called, I answered, who was I to oppose the daughter of silk?"
"Please, sir. Help me. Help my daughter."
"I didn't want any of this! This wasn't what they promised!"
"Save my daug-" before she finishes one of the half human spiders comes running past and leans over with a large wooden object, hitting her over the head. She begins to bleed from her temple and she lay limp against the ground. "Gather the prey! We feast for the long march!" The half spider looks over at the old man and takes a few steps closer. He opens his mouth and lets out a raspy hiss revealing his large canines. He raises his hand into the air and goes to swing at the man but stops at a sudden sound.
From the mountains an angelic chorus came and washed over the village. All the arachnids looked up and picked up whatever they could while rushing back. The half spider drops his club and drags the woman out from the webs, only to see a group of smaller spiders rear up at him. He lets her go and goes for another towns person instead who lay in the gutter on the side of the road with his hand stripped of skin.

The man looks around and sees nothing but death and destruction. One of the stragglers was a Pepperjack. A guard runs across the street clutching onto his sword. He was an orc, if anyone could over power one of the arachnids it'd be him. Instead he turns to face the spider raising his sword and is thrown to the ground. The spider rears up above him stamps its feet kicking him over onto his belly. He goes to roll over but feels a foot place itself firmly on his back as one of its large fangs pierce his armour.
The metal breast plate crumples in on itself the man convulses in a painful fit on the ground. The spider buries its fangs beneath the edge of his breast plate and angles itself to pull the plate off. After a few seconds of struggling it uses its large jaws to grab him by the back of the head and drag him off. While slow by Pepperjack standards the speed in which he carried the body off was the same pace as a human jog and that terrified the man.

The Pepperjack jogged with the corpse for the next three kilometres being the most obvious and lonesome straggler. The other colossus arachnids watched on but didn't risk leaving the mountains as the harbinger had called them all to return. It begins to climb up the steeper terrain with relative ease but drops the body due to a sore jaw. Before he can recollect it, another Pepperjack dives from a nearby ledge and scoops the corpse up onto its head. They look to each other making passive chirps in thanks before continuing on to the stockpile.
There, in front of the pit of living and dead bodies, was the harbinger. She seemed unphased by the bloody spoils being brought to her. Those that were alive wouldn't be that way for long and they knew it. Many of them begged for their lives and mercy which they'd shortly discover wasn't something she had in abundance.
"Please, I beg you. I have children. Let me go."
"Spare my son. I beg of you."
"Have a heart! Please! Let us go!"

She waves a hand and all of the colossus arachnids nearby lowered themselves in a bow. She turns to face the living of the group who were mostly hideously marked or begging for their lives. "You hunted my people. You slaughtered us whenever we dared stray from our mountains. We were nothing to you but pests. Every day I had to watch as one of my children returned with an arrow, or a deep cut, all because they wanted to bring us something during this great famine." Her voice was softer than any silk and smoother than the richest honey.
"You speak to me of a heart when you yourselves," she pauses to look over at those around her, "have done this to us for the past two hundred years. When you see your horse gods tell them to come here so that they can tide our hunger until this great famine is over."
She opens her hands and a howl comes from the mountains themselves. The colossus arachnids begin to feast on the captured townsfolk be they dead or alive. Screams fill the air once more but she couldn't care less. This was fair. Now they'd know how she felt when she watched her children ride out for the wild horses and instead never return. This would be her revenge against all of them. "Eat now my comrades. We'll turn their town to a nest and move to the great south!" Many of the larger arachnids let out throaty sounds of gratitude and inspiration while the smaller ones focus more on eating. Though it may sound like nothing more than a bunch of random noises she could understand each and every one of them.
Fera Night bloom
Hakyoto - Sacred meadows - Northern Island
Direct: Karcen Karcen

Fera sits on bent knees in the sacred meadows tending to the future buds. Through out the field there were about twenty other walking sprouts but she was the only one with another. She had brought with her a young human girl and the two laid in the grass looking over the flowers and neatly laid out rows of future walking sprouts.
She reaches out a grassy finger to touch a strange looking sprout growing beneath one of the buds. The bud above it was a purple much like her own petals but the sprout beneath it looked more like a small grass ball with jutting strands pointing outward in every direction.
"See the long pointed leaves?"
"Yes."
"Those are the starts of a weed."
"What's the difference being you and what you consider to be a weed?"
"A walking sprout has the desire to find harmony and bring beauty. We're like you. Weeds have only the desire to spread. They're a destructive force that mature faster than we do, fight harder than we, and refuse to believe in the eternal balance. With them we can never rest. They are our balancing force but one we must work hard to keep as our equal."

The duo go quiet looking at the ball of leafs and grassy veins. She gently taps the ball and it wriggles around. The human girl seems visibly uncomfortable making a disgusted face. Fera however looks pitifully at the ball. "I wish they were like the tusked raiders."
"What makes them so different?"
"They're born that way. We can't raise them to think differently. It's their nature."
"Well have you tried."
"Of course I've tried, Nanoka. That's how I know."
"When was that?"
"A time forgotten."
Fera places her hand on the ball and gently applies pressure. It wriggles and writhes under the pressure and slowly unfurls after a few seconds. Inside lays a small collection of roots and knot of grass in the shape of a body. She picks up the small grass fetus and opens her mouth, eating it in front of the girl Nanoka.
Nanoka widens her eyes in shock as Fera swallows the little knot and looks away. She tries her hardest not to think of it as an unborn creature but more of an unlucky formation of grass. It doesn't sit well with her though as no amount of forced thinking could remove her knowledge of what that was. Fera smiles and places her hand on her shoulder. "You'll understand one day. This is the way of the world."

The two raise to their feet and stroll the fields browsing over the buds. In the distance two walking sprouts rub their bodies against one another to exchange pollen within an empty field. Nanoka's face goes red but she fails to look away. "I didn't pick you to see it as exciting, Nanoka."
"It's not! I'm just curious. I mean how do your kind, how does that, it's just confusing."
"I understand. Try not to watch though. It's a very intimate process."
"Of course."
Fera continues to peruse the buds that were growing close to blossoming. The nature of the walking sprouts was strange. They needed to grow the flowers once before they could grow their children from them. These flowers had bloomed once before and now were approaching their second period of time. Beneath the soil the body of the future walking sprouts waited nearing completion. It was possible to force premature births but such a thing was never recommended and those sprouts would live very short lives of mere weeks.

"Fera! Mother Fera!"
Fera turns around and sees a man sprinting over. He wore grey clothes and had his pants rolled up to his knees. She recognises him as one of the rice farmers and immediately she grows worried. If the rice farmers sought her out it means it was something sprout related. She faces him front on and narrows her eyes. "You have me. What's the matter? Tusked raiders?"
"It was, there was, she just, there was more than one. She came up and then. But she wasn't alone." He continues to advance and slows his pace, struggling to breathe.
"You aren't making sense."
"She was made of rice!" He shouts as loud as he can taking another rapid series of breaths.
"Rice?" Nanoka looks over at Fera in confusion. She'd never heard of rice people before but nothing was outside the realm of possibility. An opinion they both shared.
"Well not rice but the film left behind by the rice, she was a rice residue person, she came out of the crop, but there was more than one and I ran. I ran so fast."
"What about the other farmers?" Fera takes a step closer and gently tke
"They're back at town trying to convince the others. No one believes us. Surely you do."
"Of course I do. Notify the garrison that I'm sending five over with you and you alone."
"Thank you, mother. Thank you so much!" He begins to run back to town in a panic. Fera wouldn't risk it and begins to follow him at a much slower pace. By the time she arrived at the town five of her sons had already assembled there and were ready to take off. They were adorned in their sacred bark armour with glaives resting on their shoulders. They all nod to her before climbing aboard a fishing boat and heading on over to the rice fields kept on a separate island just across the way for safety purposes.

The five men arrive at the fields and immediately disembark with extreme caution. They remain low to the ground and signal for the farmer to lead the way. He drops to match their height and crawls along the barriers between the fields as to protect himself from the watchful gaze of the 'rice girls'.
They crawl along five or so barriers before stopping. He looks back to them and makes a violent head jerk. This was the location. One of them raises himself to a squat and takes a look over the barrier. Nothing. The field was empty. "There's nothing there, Hiko."
"I swear she was right there." He raises his voice louder than the others there and they all glare at him to keep his voice down. While they were sceptic of the idea that rice girls could exist the chances that Fera would send them on a purposeless mission was unlikely. The squatting walking sprout places his hand into the soil and the root hairs of his fingers pick up any disturbances in the soil.

"Wasn't weeds."
"How can you be sure?"
"This soil's incredibly acidic. It's never been this way before. There's definitely something here." They all bury their hands in the dirt and feel the acidity of the soil. He wasn't wrong but it seemed incredibly concentrated to that particular field. The further down into the other field they were, the more mild it seemed. The squatting one stands to his feet and the others all do the same. If they couldn't ambush their foe they'd have to hunt them down.
The farmer stands last and begins yelling, pointing at a part in the field. They all look over at the water and notice ripples beneath the surface. The farmer had a keen eye to be sure. "There! She's coming! Watch!" He shouts, and sure enough a woman made entirely of what seems like the starch residue of boiled rice stands to her feet. The group throw themselves against the bank again and watch her.
She seemed passive enough for now. "One of us will have to talk to her. See if there's others."
"Does anyone speak imperial common?"
"I do."
"Good luck, Hiko."

The walking sprouts push the farmer up over the bank and try to remain hidden. It doesn't work that well since he keeps looking down at them. He goes blank and looks to them for support, where two respond by standing behind him holding their glaives at the ready. "Try talking to her like this."
"Right. Of course." He exhales a wavering breath and calls out to her, "Hello! My name is Akihiko and these are my friends! These are our farms and we'd appreciate it if you leave them alone?! Thank you!" They wait a moment and receive no response. "Try common now."
He sighs and focuses on the words he has to use. He didn't speak it often and knew it in the most broken forms possible. "He-low. I am Akihiko. I uhh, I am coming to here with the friends." He stops to rub his temple. He wasn't too sure of what he was saying but he was trying his best to keep it true to his original statement made in islander dialect. "This is our farms and we want you gone! Do not fight please!" He looks over to the sprouts and they nod. The girl's attention is peaked and they smile.
"What did you say?"
"I told her we're friends and these are our farms. I think I asked her not to fight us too."
"O nice. Way to go."
The three of them high five one another as a brief celebration over the successful use of the common language that the walking sprouts didn't know. They could commune with the soil itself, the world around them, and speak in the ancient tongue of their kind but languages like common existed just beyond their reach of grasping.

Scandinavian island
The port city of Sloniberg

Ivan tasted the lovely wine pass by a served on a silver plate. A luxury only gave to royals and not cruel weak and the low class of soldiers and traders.
Ivan being both. He didn't need royal blood after the civil war. There are no more Royals to challenge his reign given that you need a head on your body to rule.
Which pity the king and his children lack their heads are targeted practice for his archers.
Livestock is a problem too many sheep are eating the grasses needed to support his army's buffalos and horses.
Further Expensive trips to destroy his foes are out of the opinions.
" Sir, people in ships arrived ."
Ivan rode to the port. To see frighten people with gold piece begging to stay.

" Spiders, please let us stay we are your slaves." The crowd kneel before Ivan look at the gold.
But what drew his attention was the webs. He needed silks for his clothes, sail for his ships and the spider's request for food look simple.
He prepared a fleet with sheep and Natalya small army.
" We need those spiders silk, we can give food."
Natalya bowed at her brother request.

The fleet landed on the wasted land, Natalya led the animals to the side and waited for the so called spider's terror.

Last edited:
Tali had lead her people on their new quest to find a land to call home, and she thought they might have found in the wet fields filled with funny plants with white bits. Her people had let themselves go and picked at the rice and started eating it not realizing they were harming the plants or even that the area was owned by another. They had seen walking plants which was funny as plants didn't walk that was just just wrong animals walked plants just kind of stood in place and did nothing. This place truly seemed nice though soon enough they found a good portion of the field was eaten so maybe this place wasn't so great they would still need to do stuff like hunt here. Still maybe this could be a town, though one of them would have to figure out what made a town such as it seemed that lots of wooden building did so, and thus they woudl need buildings, so they woudl have to find out how to make buildings. Really this making a kingdom thing was more complex than she had thought.

It was as Tali was digesting the Rice that the plant things returned and they really were plants, or they looked like plants ad Tali wondered if they made good seeds like these plants. the plants could do more than walk it seemed they could talk, now that was just plain strange plants that could walk and talk that had t go against some law or something. Well maybe if these plants lived here they made the laws so maybe there wasn't a law against being a plant and walking and talking. Well they could walk and talk so that meant maybe Tali had found her peoples first enemies, maybe or was it allies. She really needed to figure out which were the people you liked and which you didn't.

The plants claimed that this was theirs but why would plants keep plants, plants ate dirt these really were silly plants acting like they were people. Still it did seem they had claimed this land so it must not be up for having a kingdom built upon it which was sad. Though unknown to the slimes this field likely wouldn't produce anything for a year or so after this their acidity from the feeding tainting the ground. In truth the acid was something they barely noticed and was a left over from when they weren't smart, it now as then flared up when they were excited or eating as a wild slime needed to digest dead things and needed to taste bad to anything wanting to eat it.

" Hey everybody we have to leave" Tali called out to the field and all around more and more forms popped out of the fields all filled with rice to some degree and none of them looked happy about leaving.

" But we just got here" one whined " We are still eating" another said those looking onto the scene of and army of nearly see through people rising up might be a little surprised by how it was like there was an army of kids.

" I know i know " Tali said with a sigh " But the plants over there say this is their land, i know it makes no sense plants eating plants" She said which got a chuckle from everyone clearly sharing her view of that being silly

The other slimes would slowly get organized and ready not seeming to carry much of anything and none seeming to want to go on right now like kids wanting to sleep in five more minutes. There was the issue of where they could go and where they even were and the slimes had honestly been wandering without much direction, but if the plants could do so many unplant like things they might just also know where this was.

Tali moved up to the plants that had talked to her not striking any aggressive posture in fact even an armature fighter could find a million opening in her stance. " Hey um... " Tali started but didn't know what to call the plants " not plants... unplants... walking plants .." she said trying to come up with some name though there was no malice in her tone just confusion " Where are we?" she asked giving up on terms.

Crumbli Crumbli

@Deth Envoys are sent to the three kingdoms surrounding him. Luckily for him, all three kingdoms agreed to side with him and pledge forces under his control to invade Sol. In total 2000 of their forces will be joining him with 500 knights, 500 crossbow men, and 1000 varied infantry.
In response to this war, Deth you may recruit soldiers. List which soldiers you will wish to recruit (8 different units in the max). In the next moderation post, I will state how successful you were. If you chose to recruit a ship, half of the total available recruitment die will go to recruiting the ship.

Petroshka Petroshka Your incursion party was met with great success. You were able to locate ten villages. 4 of these villages are human with around 500 occupants. One of these villages has 300 centaurs, and another has 200 dark elves. 3 of these villages has various humanoid races, and the last two are orc villages. You may attempt to recruit these villages or attack them. You may also request reinforcements from the homeland.

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor The part successfully reels in several humans in the number of two people. A small number however still a good addition to their group.
The rats ran into a group of humans that decided it would be good to travel with them and purchase their good.

Crumbli Crumbli The spiders had an excellent time feeding on the humans. Gorged on humans, they can now lay a good breed of eggs.
However the plant people had an unfortunate season. Their buds closest to growing failed to come out and some of them unfortunately died. Also Orcs have been spotted coming close ready for war numbering in the hundreds.

Pat Pat Unfortunately the Sokyss had a very bad season. All that they collect recently when bad, and their part ran across a remnant group of very angry Dwarves purely unhappy at being distrurbed from their sleep and threatened them with violence if they approached them again cutting off that area of the mts to them.

liaw yi sheng liaw yi sheng A masssive storm struck the fleet as it attempted to cross the ocean and ten of his men perished with in its bale. Also because of his actions being to quickly, for the turn he may not make any moves until the next moderation post.

Karcen Karcen Nothing good or bad happened.

Within this next phase approximately two to three days have passed.

Liu Clan.png
Liu Yuzhang
The Imperial Regent looked out over the river. They stood with him. A smile briefly crossed his lips. They remember the old ways, he thought. He would sail up to meet with the fleet once everyone was rallied. It seemed to Yuzhang as if the city was moving with more energy, more pride. He knew what was going to become the next issue. What the advisers would bring to him next. The threat of the north. This campaign had to be swift and he knew that. He had to wage war like the short-lived do. Conquest and Capture. He couldn't spend decades or centuries, quietly moving troops or cutting off supply routes until the enemy is in a position where they could be stopped in a day. He was going to be criticised by some for being too quick. Too aggressive. Too short-lived.

With the loyalty of the neighbouring regions assured the borders were opened. Scholars of those nations could be spotted about Khaleon, searching to learn. The Road of Knowledge was open again. Khaleon felt like it was regaining its history again. Soldiers no longer lined the streets, enforcing the rule of oppression. A fire sat in the great square. It burned flags and other symbols of the Short Empire. Periodically an Imperial Guard would approach it and add more fuel from their foe propaganda. Eventually a woman walked by the fire. In passing she threw a couple of small statues, statues of the second emperor of the short empire. Then she marched up to meet the Regent. "Your Imperial Descendency. I hope I am not interrupting." she began.
"Not at all. I was merely musing the future." he replied
"Be glad. Your father would be proud. Saddened at the death of his close friend but I feel certain your ancestors look on with pride. I have come to inform you that the funeral preparations have been completed and everything is ready for the night. I will have double the guard on rota for the evening in case some spy of the Short Empire attempts something." She watched as another group of their new allies marched into the city. "You will be needing more ships to transport them all. I shall have two grand transports begin construction. In time we will reach the imperial might of your father. In time we will have a fleet unrivalled and we shall recreate an oasis of calm like in the olden days."
"Thank you Commander Lu Xi. Keep the city secure and ensure the Palace and the courtyard of the Imperial Towers are isolated from our allies and those not in the court. If the city is under siege we will need those locations to fall back on and protect the people. Carry on Commander. I shall see you at the funeral." He finished as he parted ways and went about his business.

Wang Ping was quickly approaching the pass. After days of travel the time to secure the river and protect the city from a river attack. They had left the new border of Khaleon at dawn and now stood at the edge of southern most expanse of the old borders. The old towers that once protected the river stood in ruins. By the look it was recent. Wang Ping cursed their enemies as he moved the floating fortress to western bank of the river and started offloading troops. "I wish to rebuild those towers. Captain, have your soldiers pick at the rubble, collect it and organise it so that we may begin work rebuilding. The rest of the fleet shall rest tonight and then each captain will take turns in completing the task. Meanwhile I will have a watch set up. Keep your eyes west and north. Any threat will come from those directions, no one would cross the river to attack us, not at this time." he said. Soldiers began filling out their orders.

------------------------------------------------------

Two ships are attempting to be built (recruited)
The Imperial Fleet has landed on the western back of the pass and are prepared in case of an attack while they repair the western Tower.
There will be a funeral in a few days. All Advisers not otherwise engaged as well as much of the city is expected to attend (my next post)​

Last edited:
Nephala K'tsjorda
Northern wastes - The golden sea, Mainland.
Direct: Pat Pat

The feeding frenzy had ended and within the sacked town lay piles of eggs within the undamaged ruins. Some of the towns people escaped to other towns giving warning of the hungry hoard. Though those who escaped were fewer than ten in number. Those who sold out the town for their own lives remain to tend to the eggs under fear of death. The egg piles are divided by breed with the morphi being the most dominant. Many living hosts are bound and restrained near the egg piles. Nephala, being trusting to her nurses but aware of the struggle those who refused her might would bring, moves the hoard at a slow pace with a group of twelve pygmies waiting for the eggs to hatch.
(+27 Pepperjacks, +36 Pygmies, +78 Morphi.)

The hoard carries on and begins to slow its march as they approach the historically sacred site of the white ones. They knew treading across this sacred ground was a dangerous path but the great feast was enough to tide their worries over. At least it would be until they saw the Eme.
Pepperjacks ride ahead of the march to keep a look out for anyone who might pose a threat to their march. The Eme clan was something they didn't want to provoke. The harbinger stands among her advisers who spill information about the white ones that they'd collected throughout the years. The information is incredibly and limited mostly to folklore or rumours spread by merchant caravans. As with the emperor, she doubted they existed either.
"Archers capable of striking down a sparrow from a hundred yards." The eldest of her advisers, alive at a ripe old age of forty one, rolls his Rs as he speaks of their ranged prowess.
"Few have ever managed to make this path. The white ones are too evasive and too precise."
"I will take my chances. Even they must have faced the tyrant's fist, be affected by the great horse famine. We shall see if they'll join our quest. With archers such as theirs, I doubt even the finest of the tyrants men could halt us."
"Ambition leaves us full of hope and not much else, her daughter. You'd be wise to keep your hopes low. The Eme clan have never worked with anyone on anything. The feuds of the surface mean nothing to them?"
"They live below the ground as the Pepperjacks do?"
"Where they live isn't known. Simply that they don't live here on the surface with the rest of the world. Some say they're silk fae from the web spinner, others say they're loom keepers of the depths."
"If they are from our mother, they will answer to me. I am the daughter of the web spinner."

The march carries resting only for the night. To stop in the day under this sun was folly at best and while the Pepperjacks were at home in the open fields, the Goliaths longed for the rest of the cool night. They were more at home in the cooler temperatures. The sands of the wastes provided too little shade and too little food to satisfy the permanent residence of their kind.
In these quiet marching times she could hear the thoughts of her people. She rarely listened but with little else to do she enjoyed hearing their optimism or scepticism regarding the great feast. Many of the pygmies were now devoted to the feast from the town before while the others seemed to be generally unphased by the idea. A surprising amount of them weren't even worried about the feast so much as serving the harbinger in retaking their home land.
Fera Night bloom
Hakyoto - Sacred meadows - Northern Island
Direct:

The fishermen and guards had informed the slime people of where they should go for land rife with unclaimed lands and civil anarchy. They made sure not to keep the dangers a secret but promised the slimes that those lands would be recognised as their own. While borders may need to be disputed over the town of Hakyoto offered whatever help they could in the matter.
They had too few ships to sail the slimes all that distance and instead encouraged them to seek diplomatic meetings with the larger naval force of Khaleon for safe transportation unaware of any natural sea faring abilities the slimes may or may not have.
Regrettably, after sending the slime people off to find their own way in the world, the tusked raiders are spotted crossing the waters yet again. They number in the hundreds and no fishing vessel present could stop them at sea before they arrived on the shores. As usual the walking sprouts utilised the day of preparation they have at their disposal to ready their defences and move the people incapable of fighting into the sacred meadows.

Fera holds a brown bud in her hand with heavy heart. Too long had it been since an entire section failed to bloom. She thought those days were over. Perhaps these soils were growing tainted with the war and violence that covers the continent once more. She looks beside her on either side and a number of gardeners weep for the field. When the buds failed to bloom the bodies still remained below the surface and now they'd need to pry them out for the next generation.
She begins to tug at the base and as she pulls the body seems fine. There were no deformities, no samples of rot, no parts eaten away. This was a healthy walking sprout that simply failed to walk.
She lays him out in front of her and begins to cry. She raises her hands to cover her eyes and even still a few drops slip through the cracks and hit the ground beneath her. It was no secret that the walking sprout gardeners were emotional over their offspring and the wailing of an entire failed field shattered their spirits.

With the oncoming orc raiding party and the failed field of walking sprouts, the people of Hakyoto possess a low morale. However, determined not to let the loss of their unborn family be additions onto the losses of a battle, the walking sprout militia find themselves inspired and determined not to lose anyone in the oncoming raids. Beneath the calm faces of the warriors there was a deep pain which fuelled their will to protect what was left.

The Opium Of The People

Iaz'eldith sat in the deepest reaches of his cave, he needed to spread his influence but he needed to remain hidden. He paced his chambers, tracing his hand across the wall, he needed minds however he didn't need strong ones, he needed weak ones, ones that could be made to bring him the strong minds. He looked at the thralls that dotted his cave, one of them wore an amulet of some church or faith "Of course, faith, the opium of the masses" Iaz'eldith said to himself in an oddly surprised tone "I must make them think i am a God" the other Illithids in the cave nodded in agreement while the thralls merely continued to give their emotionless stares.

He sharply turned to another thrall, he knew this ones name was Thomas, "Go, find a town, city or inn and tell them of...The Deep One...yes, tell them of the Deep One and tell them that as long as they serve me and follow my commands that they they will be given paradise, that they will be lifted above the common scum of the world into the Deep Ones loving embrace, that scholars shall be given infinite knowledge in life, that warriors shall be given the strength to topple mountains" he gestured for Thomas to go "Spare no one of my word, be they lowly beggar or noble lord, it doesn't matter who they are, let all feel my embrace!"

Veras Emrys
Knight under the War Maiden

Veras looked along the coast, spitting the natural harbor that lined the horizon and behind it, Camp Iria. Of course, the natural harbor wasn't so natural now, being dotted by supplies and makeshift docks. Veras noticed three ships docked at the harbor, likely Lackley's fleet who should soon be patrolling. It would be nice to step foot on ground again and get a drink with the bastard. It was a pleasure thought.

"Prepare to dock lads! We're just where we need to be!" He yelled at the men who hastily grabbed the nearest rope in imitation of actually being useful. It was a pity, for such a fine ship as the Storm Bringer, the crew seemed to be useful as pleasers. Of course, that spoke for only some, those that were competent of course as if on queue from years of practice, hurriedly grabbed the correct ropes, grunting and showing looks of disapproval to the landlubbers. It was adorable, in sick pettish sort of way that they were not but untrained dogs learning as they go.

Veras would miss the breeze, the cold breeze brushing against his face and the looks of miles of open seas around him. Certainly he would miss the good parts, the pirates and whatever unholy best that lurks in the seas would be better off forgotten in the depths then be brought back up.

As the fleet neared the shore, the warship would anchor away from the harbor. The refitted merchants would sail into the harbor and Veras along with some other crewman would row out to the beach. Lackley would likely be preparing his fleet now in order to protect the coast. It wasn't a large fleet for certain they had but it was a well-to-do organized fleet. Yes, even now Veras could see the harbor's ships lower their sails preparing to weigh anchor and wait for their commander. It was a relief then of course that the last of whatever artisan or solder would be getting off his ships and onto somewhere useful. Veras sighed as he helped lower the rowboat, sitting in the front standing tall as his crew rowed onto the beat. The merchants would be waiting for them. Irisfil would certainly be pleased with the numbers. All worth a good hard day's worth of sailing.

Petroshka Petroshka

Irisfil Von Richenau
(if you have problems reading the bright text just highlight them)

As morning of the next day came by 20 knights had already packed up their wares and arms, ten of these knights had a cape on their back with Irisfil's coat of arms signalling her factions presence within the area. Each of them had been shown the map and were made to memorize their routes to which village they were assigned to, the men had a partner to go with them in case they find trouble and in case if one was lost were the village to be hostile. Irisfil gave her blessings to each knight wishing them goodluck on their travels and hoped for most of the villages to be friendly Gunteric gave them a briefing of how to approach the village. Slowly gallop toward the villages main road and wave the coat of arms, if not met with any resistance talk to the ruling class and negotiate for information and possibility of joining the kingdom for protection. If met with resistance immediately come back to camp and avoid any confrontations the knights then nodded and galloped away to their destinations.

As the day went by the camp was mostly busy building defenses while Irisfil's childhood friend and retainer, Camila was discussing protection with her inside the commanders tent. "Iris," slaming her hands down on the desk full of maps and writing utensils Camila stared at her childhood friend and princess, knowing she rather want people to be straight forward with her first with pleasantries second she started off with her thoughts. "There are tales of mainland creatures with powerful magic abilities, i believe you need to be taught magical wards." Irisfil looked up at her with a blank stare, her mind still on the tactical and strategic realm of commanding. Shaking her head out of it Irisfil looked back at Camila with tired eyes and smiled. "yes, i believe you're right." her voice was low this time unlike her usual loud and demanding voice she used with everyone else. With a long sigh Irisfil got up from her seat looking down at the dozens of maps and reports. "Iris, have you gotten any rest?" Camila asked worryingly, noticing her gesture and change of tone. "A commander needs her time too you know" Rubing her eyes irisfil straightened up and walked over to the tents exit look back at Camila "Shall we?" Camila smiled at her and walked out for iris to follow her.

However as soon as Irisfil walked out a man at arms ran up to her, and saluted. "M'lady the ships with the rest of the supplies are here" Irisfil nodded then gave an apologetic look to Camila and her giving the same look back. The pair walked to the currently makeshift harbor, knights and others were still busy either training or helping with the construction of the rest of the camp, it was starting to look more like a small fort now. Seeing the rowboats being deployed she anticipated the rival of one of her trusted men, Veras. He had been at fort jag when it was being seiged, quite a reliable fellow a little odd and too careful but effective enough, and he volunteered to help irisfil "bring peace" when so few did. Once his row boat reached ashore a few knights greeted him helping and his men while Irisfil and Camila walked over to him. "Welcome to Camp Iria, the first foothold of our kingdom on the mainland." Gesturing at the currently being constructed camp. "it isnt much but im sure it'll become another fort jag soon. Without the orcs of course." "You have our equipment yes? Camila will handle the logics, she is acting quartermaster and spellcaster, any problems with equipment or magical items go to her. Gunteric is usually in the commanders camp but he is currently training the men at arms, the old man'll teach you a thing or two. Ervig is captain of the scouting parties, he is currently leaving to open negotations with the various villages surrounding the area." Irisfil paused at looked at Veras. "and you know me, of course."

H HeckingHeck

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch
The two ships being built are set apon with rapid speed, soon one of them is 41% done and the other is 8% done because of delays and difficulties.
The other venture goes as planned and the navy secures the tower beginning repairs.

Crumbli Crumbli Unfortunately the heat of the day and change in environment causes several of the spiders to become ill, with ten of them passing away. If this trend continues, many will fall to illness.
The plants had much good luck, this set of plants bloomed well! 45 new plants were added to the clan causing for great rejoicing. However, the orcs are now bearing down only a day away.

KindlyPlagueDoctor KindlyPlagueDoctor Unfortunately Thomas was unable to get any new converts. They where thrown out of the town they entered and were severely injured halting conversion for the next turn.

H HeckingHeck Uhhhhhh Nothing happened.

Petroshka Petroshka 12 knights came on the ships along with 19 men-at-arms to bolster the forces

Of the three human villages only one pledged fealty to the new empire, the other two preparing for conflict even without walls around their city. The Centaurs also refused to bend the knee, but the dark elves decided to pledge absolute fealty. Two of the three humanoid villages pledged fealty and forced the third to bend the knee.
From the human village, 30 veteran infantry and 20 archers are pledged to Irisfil.
From the Dark Elves, 30 experienced rangers are drawn.
From the Humanoid, 30 light cavalry, 50 infantry, and 30 archers are pledged.

Pat Pat Forces suffered a desertion of 10 men

Karcen Karcen Forces suffered a loss of 10 things.

The Slime Kingdom
They were lost, very very lost days after getting directions to the main land whatever that was as really the slimes had never seems such a land and they had thought this was the biggest land, maybe their ship hadn't worked right. There had been a few who just kind of vanished of course such losses were expected when leading a group not everyone made it, Still it did little to actually alleviate their current issue which was they were still lost with no map and no compass, things they really should have tried to get from the not plants. thus they were doomed to wander once more aimless as they left a tail of mostly dead grass and dirt behind them and large spots of barren land where they had stopped for snacks. Still all was not lost for they had found more of their brethren and all those they found were enlightened and brought into awareness bolstering their numbers greatly.

Veras Emrys
Knight under the War Maiden

As the rowboat landed alongside two others carrying around 10 sailors each, he stared at the camp behind the docks. It wasn't much but it would surely be a notable area of interest in time. Perhaps not this day nor tomorrow but the empire was not build in a day. There was hope yet. Especially as the merchant vessel unloaded their cargo with many of the laborers, soldiers, and sailors in tow helping out or getting to their respective parts of the camp. Some of the people were villagers, the camp was no different then a village to them likely aside from certain accommodations. To others, it was literally a new world. The others of course.being city dwellers unused to living in until conditions of the wilderness and rural landscape.

"Let's hope none of us trip as we get off, aye?" Veras spoke to his company, "The sea didn't break our legs yet lads"

Veras spoke as the rowboat landed, the sailors in tow of Veras' getting off and dragging the dinghy to the beach, some with the unwelcome help of the heavy and land-lubbering soldiers who would make them more wet than they'd like (in multiple ways). Veras thought perhaps he underestimated the merchants, they had made quick work getting the cargo off the ships. Then again they had the aide of soldiers and a lady who looked a bit out of place, perhaps another commander, he wasn't sure. Then again of course, the merchants would be out again delivering more supplies or fighting pirates.

As the dinghy was set on to the beach, he saw the part of none other than Lady Irisfil, with her a party of guards and Captain Lart Lackley. The bastard was smirking in manor perhaps of ecstasy as he would be out at sea again, or perhaps Veras' arrival would mean an excuse to drink. His eyes brightened no matter as.he would not be seeing a friend again but also seeing Irisfil after a long journey at sea. As Irisfil approached him and spoke, the sailors around him dispersed tending to cargo or elsewise finding a snack and a warm bed to sleep in before their next journey.

"Aye m'lady. I'm sure this camp will be notable in the future. As for now, the supplies have been delivered. Pirates here and there but no trouble," Vetas droned before staring at her. "The damn soldiers I brought were arrogant but they'll do once a good ole' wave hit us. Put 'em in their place it did"

Veras smirked to himself before continuing on. It didn't matter how touch or well armored the soldiers were, some of them were too green for this world. Especially those that were startled by the waves that gave them a quick shower. On the contrary, with the soldiers receiving the shower, now he wasn't so sure whether they were scared of water because of the sea or whether their mother scratched too hard behind the ears.

"I s'pose I'll meet the other commander's in time m'lady. It's well seeing you again, and you to Captain Arsehole" Veras said staring at his subordinate Lackley before turning back to Irisfil. "How's the situation in this camp? Is the mainland as unforgiving as they say or is it all horseshit?"

Petroshka Petroshka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back