• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Zombie RP with a slight twist

Carson.aurore

I've been wanting to join a zombie inspired RP for a while, but haven't quite found one that I've fallen in love with yet. I was thinking about what would make for a good zombie RP and started considering the character sheets. During most RPs of this nature the premise is groups of strangers coming together, but from the character builds it's as if we already know everything about each other. I'm presenting the idea of a zombie RP without full character sheets. In the character section you can post names, pictures, additional info that may be noticed during meeting (tattoos, scars, etc.) but nothing about your character's personality or background.

I so often see a character sheet with "too trusting" involved, but then that character is approached by another character whose character sheet basically labels them 'PSYCHOPATH: Do not cross" and the 'trusting' character doesn't trust them at all. They're suddenly a great judge of character and want nothing to do with the psycho.

I'd like to see well thought out characters with extensive backgrounds and vivid personalities, but I don't want to know about these qualities from your character sheet. I want to learn all the gory little details and secrets during the actual RP, just like you would in the real world. You don't meet a person knowing their background and deepest secrets. I think it would be more interesting if we had the chance to really develop these characters through the writing and create interesting character and story arcs by doing so. Sometimes I feel as if I put 'shy' in a character sheet, then if at any point during the role play that character is suddenly more open, I feel like I'm lying about their character because they were shy, but people grow, right?

That sounds like a pretty awesome idea dude! I'm in if enough people sign up

I think it's a great idea to keep character background and personalities hidden away, it's something i've done a few times in my own RPs. Just because someone's made a Rogue-class character, doesn't mean they're automatically shady and anti-social. People are unique and complex, thus using something like the DnD style 'alignment' system doesn't quite make alot of sense. A morally good person is just as capable of commiting horrible acts against humanity as a villian is capable of great acts of heroism. I think it's great to have the characters as 'blank slates' for the individual players to forge out their personalities through their actions and interactions than simply bulletpointing a big old list of traits.

On a side note, count me in! :D

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm glad so many people seem interested! I'll start trying to create this rp for us, but bear with me! I'm still trying to figure this website out, so it may take me a day or two. We will see! Unless somebody else in this thread is comfortable with starting it?

Also I'm totally open for suggestions for the name of the roleplay!

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm glad so many people seem interested! I'll start trying to create this rp for us, but bear with me! I'm still trying to figure this website out, so it may take me a day or two. We will see! Unless somebody else in this thread is comfortable with starting it?

Can't wait! Also is there going to be a cap on players or no? And I'm terrible at names, all I can think of is Rapture but that's somewhat cliched.

Look at all these peeps! I'm definitely joining now
As for the name..hhmmmmm
How about something like Dead Man Walking? I know it sounds like the Walking Dead, but it's a real suggestion

Can't wait! Also is there going to be a cap on players or no? And I'm terrible at names, all I can think of is Rapture but that's somewhat cliched.
Honestly I don't think I will put a character cap at the start; I just don't want to potentially exclude anyone interested in joining, but if it does start getting too crazy I will consider it. These are all really good suggestions! We could do something like 'Rapture: City of Rot' to kind of combine the two ideas. (Sorry Togy! I liked yours too!)

If it's set during winter: "Dead Snow". Could have moments where zombies have adapted to the weather, laying beneath the snow-line to ambush any survivors moving by :P

Speaking of the zombies
What types have we got? Walkers or runners or crazy wwz zombies?

I was wondering why it sounded so fitting to a zombie thingy xD - Must've seen the name/film and completely forgot about it! xD
It's a pretty awesome film. They made a sequel where a guy gets a nazi zombie arm as a replacement from his own severed limb and he resurrects a bunch of russian zombies to fight the nazi zombies.

It's a pretty awesome film. They made a sequel where a guy gets a nazi zombie arm as a replacement from his own severed limb and he resurrects a bunch of russian zombies to fight the nazi zombies.

Classic b-movie xD

I’m in class right now, so I can’t fully post, but basically I guess it’s more of infected individuals as opposed to the dead coming back to life. As a health nerd, the idea of the dead being able to walk around and feel the need to eat people.. I find it hard to believe. I’ll post a full explanation of them for you all later tonight when I get home as well as in the Lore tab for the role play! Basically it’s an evolved version of mad cow disease that affects only humans (so no animals should be effected) that increases the aggression portions of the brain and basically only the primary urges of humans remain (feed,protect). They’re basically the next stage of evolution of humans. I’ve thought about this long before. Hopefully once I explain everything you guys don’t think it’s dumb.
I plan on starting it around the end of summer, as summer begins to fade into autumn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back