Zodiac Flashback Rp Thread

Blackrose7

True Black Rose Beauty
Helper
Please put any interactions between zodiacs that take place prior to the beginning of the main rp here, to avoid flooding the main thread. You can also feel free to have multiple interactions going at the same time in this thread (in addition to what you character is doing in the main rp) since this is a flashback thread. Please find some way to specify which character you are speaking to if you are running multiple flashbacks in this thread. Alternatively, feel free to create an additional thread for the purposes of your flashbacks if you have more than one going at once. Be sure to tag any flashback thread with the word "flahsback" so that players are aware the content is not vital to the main storyline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vijay sat by the edge of the river, gazing intently into the shimmering waters. He could just barely make out the shadows of fish swimming about, the aquatic creatures darting past too quickly to get a good look at. He smiled faintly, letting his mind wander as he enjoyed the cool sensation of water against his bare feet. The hem of his loose fitting dhoti was pushed up past his calves so that he could comfortably rest his feet in the water without worrying about getting his clothing wet.

With the sun bearing down on him, Vijay was quite glad of his decision to dress in lightweight clothing. He looked around, raising his arm to shield his eyes from the sun as he did so. He couldn't manage to shake the feeling that he was being watched. Deciding that the presence he felt could only be one person, Vijay smirked as he called out to her.

"You do not need to hide Azura," he said, loud enough that she would be able to hear him. "If you plan on hanging around, you should come out so that we may talk properly."

@Blackrose7

"Aw, I just wanted to know what you were doing without ruining the moment here." said Azura, as she poked her head out from behind the bushes here. She then shyly waved at Vijay, since Azura has no idea of what to do here. 'Should I go sit next to Vijay, since he seems to be enjoying himself here. But what if a random large fish ends up biting him, because of me here? Ah, I can't decide what to do here; and this is a very easy decision too.' thought Azura; since even herself thought that this situation was ridiculous, but she can't help it because she is a freaking Pisces. 'Just do it, Azura; since Vijay is just going to ask me of why I haven't moved from the bushes yet.' So Azura just slowly moved from the bushes here; since for some reason, she just wanted to hide back there, or just run away from this awkward situation. 'Just move a little faster here, Azura; since you can be almost like the annoying but talkative Leo here.' thought Azura, as she then eventually sits next to Vijay here. 'Where is my precious Cancer here, since I want to hug him right now.' thought Azura, since she was being shy here.

@ApfelSeine

Smiling somewhat fondly at Azura, Vijay angled himself so that he was seated facing slightly in her direction, but not directly. He did not stare at her, having interpreted Azura's actions as having arisen from her shy demeanor. Instead, he returned his gaze back to the river, resting comfortably beside it as he let the cool water run across his feet. He knew that Pisces never enjoyed being called out on her spying, but he had not been able to resist making certain that it was her who was watching him. To refrain from doing so might have made him start questioning whether or not he was becoming paranoid. Vijay much preferred knowing precisely what was going on around him. It was significantly easier to keep his thoughts from running away with him when everything was out in the open and where he could keep an eye on it all. Perhaps he really did need more practice relaxing properly...

"Forgive me for calling you out of your hiding spot," Vijay said with a slight undertone of mirth in his voice. "I can assure you, though, you will not ruin the moment. I am simply enjoying the beautiful day, and such splendor is only improved when enjoying it together with someone."

He chuckled as he allowed his gaze to drift over to Azura, lingering briefly as he made eye contact with her. Vijay took care not to stare, knowing that Pisces could at times be just as skittish as the timid fish which populated the river.

"I am sorry that I am not doing something more interesting than this," he continued. "Though it is nice to take a break once in awhile, don't you agree?"

@Blackrose7

"I-It's alright, Vijay; and it's indeed very nice to take a break for awhile here." said Azura, who wanted to put her head in the river; since she can be a strange little mermaid here. 'Calm down, Azura; since you are freaking out over a stupid reason here. But this is getting pretty awkward....unless I go get Vijay some chocolate pie here, since it has whip cream on it.' thought Azura, who wanted to make this situation less awkward for her here. "U-Um Vijay. Would you like for me to get you some chocolate pie, since I would also bring some tea with me on this lovely day here." said Azura, shyly. Azura was fidgeting her fingers a bit here; since she was a bit unsure about doing this, because she doesn't know if Vijay might not want that right now.

@ApfelSeine

Kairi Kudo

As the sun shinned threw the window of Kairis room, she decided that it was nice enough to go out for some fresh air. She pushed herself off the cot and grabbed her katana beside the cot. She carefully attached the sheath to the black ribbon of her white kimono before heading out. The warm breeze blew across her cheeks as she took in a breath of the fresh air before walking along the river bank.

As Gemini made her way down the river, she couldn't help but hear the two familiar voices up ahead. 'So I wasn't the only one who wanted to enjoy the fresh air today..' she thought to herself before coming to a stop with Azura and Vijay in her path. She didn't say a word. All she did was stare at Vijay and then Azura.

@ApfelSeine

@Blackrose7

"You do not need to trouble yourself," Vijay said with a distant smile on his face as he watched the fish swim by. "Although I am not one to turn down a cup of tea when it is offered to me, I am content simply staying like this..."

He paused, his attention drawn to Gemini as she approached. Appearing thoughtful for a moment, Vijay considered Azura's offer once more. He did not often get time to socialize with the other zodiacs, and he did appreciate their company, seeing as they were the only beings which remained a constant presence in the world. Vijay was never quite sure how to approach Kairi, but deciding to take a page out of Pisces' book for once, he decided that he should break the ice with a gesture of hospitality.

"If Kairi would like to join us, though, we could make an event out of it. It has been quite some time since I participated in a picnic," Vijay continued, turning his head to look up at Kairi with a relaxed smile. "Would you be interested in joining us for some tea Kairi?"

@Blackrose7

@Kairikudo

Azura started to do the puppy dog eyes here; since you can easily tell that she isn't comfortable with this situation. "I am not content with this, though, Vijay," said Azura, as she then started to be more shy and nervous when Azura sensed that Kairi was nearby here. 'Take off your clothes, and jump into the river, Azura; since the water will calm you down here.' thought Azura, since she would literally do that; because a mermaid like her doesn't care if she is naked or not here.
However, Azura didn't want to be impolite here by taking off her clothes in front of Vijay; so she just stood there like a statue. Because the poor girl didn't know what to do if there was more than one person here.

@ApfelSeine@Kairikudo

Kairi Kudo

Geminis face lacked any expression as always. Her black eyes flickered down to Azura who looked like she was about to have a panic attack. Kairi closed her eyes in thought as Azura spoke about not being content with that idea. 

"Maybe we'll share a cup of tea another time. Azura can't handle a lot of people anyways." Kairi held a calm voice answering Vijay's question. She then turned towards the river, kneeling down and cupping the water in her hands before standing up and holding her hands over Azuras head, letting the cool water poor down on top of her. 

"You can calm down now Azura, I'll be taking my leave." She said giving a gentle pat on her head before walking around her and continuing forward. Her arms hung down at her side as a gentle breeze blew her hand and the sleeves of the kimono in its direction.

@Blackrose7

@ApfelSeine

"I am not surprised," Vijay began as Gemini began to walk away, the corner of his mouth quirking up in a slight smirk. He raised his voice just enough so that she would still be able to hear him. "I will be holding you to that commitment Kairi. It shall be the best tea you have ever had."

He gave her a little wave and a grin in spite of the fact that her back was towards him. Chuckling a little to himself, he let his arm fall back to the side as he looked back out at the water. Vijay did not have any firm expectations that Kairi would join him for tea later, as Kairi often seemed focused on her own activities. It was admirable, albeit somewhat frustrating, though that was mainly because Vijay found it so easy to understand.  Even with all of the time in the world, it was difficult to avoid getting restless if one did not keep busy.

"What is it that causes you such nervousness Azura?" Vijay asked softly, not looking at Pisces. "Surely you have grown used interacting with us by now. We have been together our entire lives. Though admittedly, all of us are often apart from each other, in spite of sharing the same goal...  Or is it me specifically that you dislike?"

He glanced in her direction, somewhat unsure of what her response would be but maintaining a somewhat neutral expression.

@Blackrose7

@Kairikudo

"T-Thank you, Kairi," said Azura, since she likes it when she pats her head here. As Kairi left; Vijay started to ask her why she is nervous, and if she dislikes him here. "NO! It's not that I dislike you here, Vijay. It's just that I am a bit worry that you guys might hate me in the future; because I rarely see you guys interacting with each other, even though we all have the same goal here. Like Aries doesn't even bother to talk to at least one of you guys here, because he is always with Princess Andromeda. I am just worried that this might cause us to be separated in the future here; since I am literally starting to become more nervous as the time keeps passing on. For the lack of interaction may start to be unhealthy for all of us." said Azura.
Azura was worried about everybody's emotional wellbeing here; because of the more time that they are separated from each other. The bitter and lonelier they get here; since nobody is willing to talk to each other. 'I need to do something about this, but I am too nervous to go talk to them. Since I don't want them to get the wrong idea about what I am trying to say about their lack of interactions here, plus that nightmare about all of them trying to fight each other over something important isn't helping me at all.' thought Azura, since if that nightmare were to become true. She would literally snap at all of them; because that problem has gone way too far here.
However, little does she knows that the nightmare would become real here; and she would eventually snap at all of them, because of how tired Azura is at seeing them fighting over power, blinded love, and etc here. For she would be the only stable zodiac, who is not blinded by this stupid situation over getting their own princess candidate to become the next zodiac princess. Because none of them are worthy to be the next zodiac princess unless she gets to know all of them properly here; for she can do a better job at picking the next zodiac princess then everybody else here. Since they either want to use them; and then throw them away like the trash that they are, or not fix their lack of unity problem here.

@Kairikudo @ApfelSeine

( The youngest zodiac is the most scariest zodiac ever, because Azura becomes the devil when she is angry at everybody here. )

Sabaa Amaya

Swinging a leg off the branch of the tree, Sabaa reclined. It was rare that she was so still, but the heat was getting to her, even shaded by the leaves of the tree. She was supported by a fork in one of the branches, her eyes closed as she tried to take a nap. Unsurprisingly, she couldn't. Her mind was buzzing, even as her body seemed relaxed. There was a lot going on down on Earth, so they were busy too, and she hadn't really spoken to Andromeda, and some of the others, in a while. She had things that she wanted to talk to some of them about, but they were all always so busy that she barely had time. Today was a rare and pleasant occurrence, something she wished would happen more often so she wouldn't spend it just wasting time like she was right now.

With a sigh, she pushed herself up.There was no way that she'd be able to take a nap. She'd never taken one before and there was no reason why today would be the first time she did. Swinging around, she fell off the branch, catching onto it with one hand and quickly climbing down. That was more like it. She stopped at the base of the tree, wiping her hands off on her clothes and looking around for something else to do.

@Kairikudo

Kairi Kudo

"Then you better make sure it is the best cup of tea that I've ever had Vijay." She called back with her eyes glued to the path ahead of her. Maybe she would take him up on his offer, it couldn't hurt. At least that was what she was debating with herself as she continued her walk.

For awhile she walked in silence. The warm summer breeze blowing against her. She didn't really mind the heat that much, and to her the temperature was quiet relaxing. Suddenly she heard a rustling in the trees causing her to stop dead in her tracks, her hand resting on the handle of her katana as her head turned towards the tree. She fell at ease to see that it had only been Sabaa coming down. She seemed restless as usual.

"You seem restless as usual this morning Sabaa." Kairi commented while her hand fell to her side and off her blade.

"Are you looking for something?" She asked noticing that Sabaa had been looking around.

@SecretRock

Vijay Kulkarni - With Pisces

"If you worry about that sort of thing, acting shyly is not going to do anything to change that," Vijay said, turning his head to look at Azura. "If you want people to act differently, you need to speak up about it. That is the only way to ensure that you will get the result you desire. People will not change simply because you wish for them to do so. Nothing can be achieved unless you take action yourself."

He sighed softly as he turned his gaze away once more, wondering if he was acting too harshly. Vijay was still uncertain how much he believed Pisces at her insistence that she did not hate him, though a part of him knew that she likely did not have the ability to truly feel hatred. More importantly than that, he felt, was showing Pisces that she could not afford to be passive if she wanted things to change. Things would only become more and more rigid the more time went on, and he did see that Pisces had a good reason for her concern. Perhaps his personal concerns would be best held until another time.

"If this is not something you think you can do on your own, you do not need to put everything on your own shoulders either," Vijay continued, looking out at the river. "You are not alone. If you ever need my help, you should not hesitate to ask. I will do anything in my power to help if you need me to do so."

Vijay glanced back at her, a gentle smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

@Blackrose7

Vijay Kulkarni - With Leo

Vijay walked along the path beside the river as the sun was setting, somewhat lost in his own thoughts. The surrounding area was quiet, save for the occasional rustling of leaves and sounds of nearby animals. It was surprising, therefore, when Vijay noticed Leo on the path, walking a short ways ahead of him. He was unsure of what the other Zodiac was up to but he felt compelled to announce his presence to avoid startling him. Raising a hand in a wave, Vijay called out to him.

"Cyrus!" Vijay called, smiling slightly at the sight of him. "What brings you here so late?"

@Isacoolbow

Cyrus Lund with Vijay Kulkarni

A sunset stroll

He took a deep breath, allowing the nightly cold to enter his lungs. He was completely relaxed, all he needed now as an apple and he was set. He noticed a voice calling out to him, he turned around toward the direction he heard it from and smiled noticing it was Vijay."If it isn't Vijay," he called back, stopping. "I'm enjoying the sunset, it's always something new every time." He was always fascinated with sunsets. And today was perfect for one. "What's up?" he asked.

@ApfelSeine

Vijay Kulkarni - With Leo

"I was out on an evening stroll," Vijay replied, walking until he had closed the gap between them and was standing beside Leo. "This time of day is a particularly pleasant time to take a walk."

He paused a moment, regarding Leo thoughtfully. Vijay had not often gotten a chance to spend much time together with Cyrus, and in recent years he had begun feeling that he should change that. Perhaps it was the princess' influence, or perhaps it was that living for so long was starting to feel a bit lonely, but whatever the case was, going on a walk by himself was starting to seem less appealing. It would be nice if he could share the experience together with someone, especially someone who understood the weight of being an immortal being.

"Would you like to accompany me?" he asked, tilting his head slightly.

A sunset stroll

Cyrus raised his eyebrow, it wasn't often that someone wanted to be with him. He shrugged his shoulders,"Why not? I got nothing better to do," he answered. Not everything was meant to do alone. There are some things you must experience with someone else. Good and bad.

@ApfelSeine

(sorry for shortness, i needed to rush to sleep when I was typing this)

Sabaa Amaya

Sabaa was shocked by Kairi's sudden appearance. Well, it seemed sudden to her. Kairi had probably obviously been there. Still, Sabaa took it in her stride. She'd been wanting to talk to some of the others, and Kairi was as good a friend as anyone here. It couldn't have been chance that they ran into each other.

"Just something to do," Sabaa replied with a small shrug. The river looked nice, and it was hot, but Sabaa didn't really feel like a swim. Something else. "I tried taking a nap, but as you said, I'm restless. Any ideas?" She asked, with a small smile. They could talk while doing something. Maybe Kairi would suggest a sport that Sabaa hadn't tired, if there was such a thing.

@Kairikudo

Vijay Kulkarni - With Cyrus (Leo)

"Well I am pleased to hear that walking with me will be better than nothing," Vijay replied with a chuckle, looking somewhat bemused as he began to walk. "I enjoy getting the opportunity to talk with you, though admittedly we have not spent much time getting to know one another."

He looked towards the sky, appearing somewhat thoughtful as he continued.

"Humans are so eager to get to know each other, they often learn many things, even within a short period of time. I sometimes wonder if having an unlimited lifespan impacts our motivation to bond with each other. Among other things."

Vijay chuckled slightly as he glanced back at Cyrus, curious what his thoughts were.

@Isacoolbow

Kairi Kudo

Kairi paused for a few seconds to pounded the question she had been asked. She normally wasn't the best at coming up with 'Fun' ideas for others to try. She normally spent her days sharpening her Katana, reading, or training, but Sabaa didn't seem the type who is into training.

"Well, I was going for a walk but I suppose if you're really out of ideas on what to do then we can make up a little competition. I've seen the humans do hunting for sport before, so why not try that with a little twist. The winner with the most game caught gets to choose the prize. The twist will be that you can't use any weapons or powers to catch the animals. You can however use what you find in nature to set traps. Other than that you have to do it bare handed. What do you say?" Gemini asked in a relax gone of voice. Her expression was the same as it had been when she first arrived and that was lacking the proper emotions.

@SecretRock

Sabaa Amaya

Sabaa bit her lip, thinking it over. Humans were hunting for sport? How... terrible. She knew that they needed to kill for food, even for protection, and she understood that, but killing just because they could? That was very... She didn't even want to think about it. It was unnecessary and barbaric. Why would humans do that?

"That seems a little... sick." Sabaa commented. She didn't know if she would even be able to kill something with her bare hands, especially after having it trapped. It wasn't that she wasn't strong enough physically, it was her mental strength that she questioned. She'd only killed a few things before, and that was to defend someone from imminent danger or to feed someone. She shook the thoughts out of her head and looked at Kairi, hoping she hadn't insulted her. "How about something else...? Oh, I got a new bow recently, want to test it with me?" She asked. It wouldn't rival her longbow, she knew that, it was just some human made thing after all, but sometimes it was fun to see how other things worked.

@Kairikudo

A sunset stroll

Cyrus shifted his eyes away from the sun toward Vijay, intrigued by what he was saying. He did agree with humans had a tendency to want to get to know each other, but Cyrus believed their social tendencies were because of a different source."Personally, I believe humans are like fish. They have a social need, to become apart of group of some sort. Since to them, there's safety in numbers. And when they are all mingled and together,"his gaze shifted back toward the setting sun,"they are brilliantly colorful."

There was something that Vijay said that didn't fully settle right with him, echoing in his mind. What type of other things was he referring to?

@ApfelSeine

Vijay Kulkarni with Cyrus Lund

Vijay hummed thoughtfully in response to Cyrus. It was quite a fascinating analogy and one which Vijay did not fully agree with but which he also understood. Humans did indeed have a compulsive need to socialize with each other and to stick together in order to protect themselves. It was a logical analysis, but Vijay still felt that there was more to it than that.

"Hm... I can see what you mean by that," Vijay replied with a small nod. "Their behavior has often fascinated me, even though it is difficult to interact with them directly. We were created with so many similarities to them, and yet the ability to fully comprehend them still eludes me. This has been on my mind for quite some time, though perhaps someone with more wit than I is able to understand human nature better."

@Isacoolbow

A sunset stroll

Cyrus was genuinely curious what Vijay had in his mind, maybe they were more similar then he originally thought."Possibly, but I'm not even sure they could even figure it out, Humans are incredibly complex after all. There is one thing for sure I know about them, they like being in the right. They would even come to a point where they disregard important information that are against their own beliefs. Take the English crusades an an example, pointless conflict from conflicting beliefs." He might have had something to do with the creation of some of their religious centuries before he actually started to like humans.

@ApfelSeine

Users who are viewing this thread