• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Zhang Mei and Shi Ci - A Xian Of Wu Story

Sopranos

The Sop

• Overview: A young and determined Zhang Mei seek to become a Xian herself after witnessed the death of her beloved uncle. The story begins when she meets a senior Xian and once a pupil of her uncle in the funeral. This story takes place in The Xian Of Wu universe.
    Roleplayers: Sopranos Sopranos (Shi Ci) HaniMoon HaniMoon (Zhang Mei)
    Genre: Fantasy, Magic, Martial Art, China, Drama

Last edited:
Time:....
----

She opens and closes her eyes thousands time, hoping he would rise, hug her and say the usual line: "Hush, it's alright, I'm here."

She holds his hands tightly, hoping to warm the ice-like skin with her body temperature. But the adults tears her away from him, telling her not to touch the corpse. She doesn't listen, doesn't care, does not want to believe. He was her support and inspiration, the only one understanding her and giving her hope that human can someday live a life not afraid of Jiu. When she hid in the tunnel during an attack, far away people shrieked and giant foot steps stomped on houses, she would whisper countless times that " it's alright, he's here, don't cry, don't cry." And after the Jiu was killed, no matter where she hid, he always found her, hugged her tight and whispered "It's alright, I'm here."

She loves him, a lot. Those last days before he left the world, he was a lifeless soul wandering around the house, blood-red eyes and dirty clothes reek of alcohol. When she asked him out for a walk, her tiny hand wrapped gently around the familiar big hand, he remained still and silent as if she was not there, she did not exist. Sometimes he busted out, shouting viciously, walking away and slamming the door shut. And sometimes, very rarely in his room, across the wall, she heard him cry, calling Aunt's name. He changed so much that she did not recognize him. But she still loves him a lot, above all else.

Why is a child so powerless? Why couldn't she sooth his anguish soul or help him with killing the Jiu?

"Mei, honey." Her mother approaches, hugs her and kisses her forehead. "Come with me, I think you'll want to meet this Mr."

Mother half drags, half leads her away from the coffin that she has sat nearby since the funeral started. She vaguely feels mother's worry looks on her, but her head hurts so much to think.

"This is Mr. Shi Ci - a student of your uncle. You really like to know about the world outside the village. Do you want to ask him about it?"

"...Hello, Mr. Shi Ci." Gloomy eyes looks up on the man's face. Looking different from the robust, lively figure of her uncle, the man possesses knowing eyes and calm facial expression. Mei shakes her head, hand slipping away from mother's hand, small body about to walk away. "Sorry, I need to go back. I need to guard his sleep."

Sopranos Sopranos

“- Zhang Sifu, during our last conversation, you asked me a question. And while I’m still looking for the right answer, you... Why do you have to leave us, sifu ? While a lots of us are still seeking your guidance.”

Shi Ci stood in front of master Zhang coffin, softly spoken to him with a heavy heart. It was devastating when the news came to him. Ci was away on a mission when he heard the news, that master Zhang turned despair when after fighting to protect his family. He who taught many younger Xians about despair, and Ci was one of them.

“- I have not found you an answer, master. But I promise you one thing, one day the sun will bright upon us, therefore please rest peacefully.”

His grieving moment was soon interrupted as he was approached by another person, seemingly one of the Zhang family member.

“- Shi Ci, you arrived finally. I apology for not greeted you personally, there are so many coming today.”

It was lady Zhang, master Jian Wei’s younger sister. Ci bowed his head as she came to him. He met her before, back when master Zhang took him to his house when Ci was his pupil.

“- Lady Zhang, I’m just here to pay my respect to my master. You don’t have to let yourself be bothered by a nobody like me.”

Shi Ci softly smiled as he replied, he fully understood what lady Zhang said. There was a lots of visitors, some Shi Ci even recognized since they’re Xians as well. There were other student of master Jian Wei, his former comrades and friends as well.

“- They’re here to pay their respect. He was the best of us, Lady Zhang. We’re all distressed by this. I hope he can rest peacefully now.”

Lady Zhang continued:

“- He spoke of you many times, Shi, I think he’s really proud of you.”

Shi Ci didn’t reply to that but instead he just smiled. He knew he was no where near any other student of his master in term of achievement. Therefore, hearing such thing was quite a pleasure and touch for him.

-----------

“- Oh I forgot something, Shi, can you come with me, there is something I’d like you to see ?”

Shi Ci soon found himself following lady Zhang to the sight of a young lady. The young lady soon was introduced as Zhang Mei, daughter of lady Zhang and master Jian Wei little niece. She was in grief, her eyes were still red. Lady Zhang introduced one of them to another, but as grieving as the lady was, they didn’t exchange many words. Master Zhang death was perhaps the hardest to her to handle.

“- She is grieving, it’s best that we leave her to her grief for now. I’ll try to speak with her, you don’t have to worry, my lady.”

After Shi reassured lady Zhang, he then came back to find Mei, who was still at the coffin of her uncle. He walked toward Mei and sat next to her.

“- I hope you don’t mind if I join you. He was my master.”

He then sat down and folded his legs, eyes were looking at Master Zhang.

HaniMoon HaniMoon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back