• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Zelda 5e or Pathfinder?

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
I was wondering if anyone might be interested in trying to do a pathfinder or 5e campaign set in the Zelda universe? I'm leaning a bit towards Pathfinder, but I also found a GM and player's handbook for campaigning in the Zelda setting for 5e. What do you guys think?

If we were to do this, I'd probably want someone playing Link, though preferably someone else. Anyone interested?

I'm interested in a Pathfinder game, definitely.

If I might make a suggestions, I'd avoid having a player take on the role of Link. Having someone play such an important character like that would put a lot of pressure on them to keep posting. Instead, I'd recommend having the game be set in the Downfall Timeline, where Link failed, and now the players are the last ditch hope that nobody believes in against an unstoppable Ganon.

If not, my commitments are sparse enough at the moment that I could try my hand at Link.

I'm usually interested in your RPs.

Also sorry for disappearing after my first post in the last one, I'll explain what happened in private.

Tag us when you set up the place? Also, do you have special considerations for creating characters in the Zelda universe? Or is it just straight pathfinder/5e

if you wouldn't mind one more I'd be happy to join.

Though a small question, the one playing link...

Is he gona talk, be strong silent type, or are we gonna make link go all "HYAAA! HYEEH! YAH! HYAAA!" for everything.

Third option has my vote.

Tag us when you set up the place? Also, do you have special considerations for creating characters in the Zelda universe? Or is it just straight pathfinder/5e

I will make sure you're notified. I'm thinking we'll do Pathfinder, BTW.

Regarding character creation:

Level: We'll start at level 2.

Races: Most Zelda races will be reskins of Pathfinder races. For example, Hylians will have the same statistics as elves, and Kokiri Halflings. Humans are considered a different race than Hylians (Link is Hylian, Rusl is human). I'm thinking I might have Moblins be reskinned Orks? Zoras will probably be gillfolk. Still trying to see how to make Gorons work...

Deities: I've written domains and such for the three Gold Goddesses, though I may create more deities. I'm a bit tempted to make Majora and Demise be gods.

Classes: All core and base classes will be playable, other classes I'll take on a case-by-case basis. Emerging Firearms rules for the Gunslinger class (which I'm tempted to play).

I will make sure you're notified. I'm thinking we'll do Pathfinder, BTW.

Regarding character creation:

Level: We'll start at level 2.

Races: Most Zelda races will be reskins of Pathfinder races. For example, Hylians will have the same statistics as elves, and Kokiri Halflings. Humans are considered a different race than Hylians (Link is Hylian, Rusl is human). I'm thinking I might have Moblins be reskinned Orks? Zoras will probably be gillfolk. Still trying to see how to make Gorons work...

Deities: I've written domains and such for the three Gold Goddesses, though I may create more deities. I'm a bit tempted to make Majora and Demise be gods.

Classes: All core and base classes will be playable, other classes I'll take on a case-by-case basis. Emerging Firearms rules for the Gunslinger class (which I'm tempted to play).
I know it's a kinda boring alternative but aquatic elf might suit for zora. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/race-points-unknown/aquatic-elves/

So you don't force zora players to bring a bucket of water around so they don't die and all, or.. did they change that part of gillfolk?

As for goron... dwarves with some natural armor in place of something? honestly their so much their own thing making the race from scratch might be best.

PS: Yea didn't say anything if it was alright for me to join, but I figure I should atleast give yea my thoughts on races if that was alright.

Orikanyo Orikanyo I'd love for you to join! Anyone interested is welcome until otherwise noted.

Oh, Gillfolk require a bucket of water all the time? Ok, I'll have to look for alternatives. ;)

Twili will probably be reskinned Suli, I'm thinking?

Orikanyo Orikanyo I'd love for you to join! Anyone interested is welcome until otherwise noted.

Oh, Gillfolk require a bucket of water all the time? Ok, I'll have to look for alternatives. ;)

Twili will probably be reskinned Suli, I'm thinking?
alrighty then.

Gillfolk need to be damp to breath, so its a large tradeoff for being able to be in water and not. mermaid also works for zora mind, but the whole fin thing might need to be worked abit.. plus they are rather powerful in truth. But aquatic elves are a good idea if you just wana do something simple.

As for Twili, take a look at this, literally a person from the plane of shadow. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-fetchling/

A suli could be one whos tied to a element strongly, or... hmm... it's wierd stuff. So maybe something with fairy blood? great faries do exsist and... well...

I don't think there is any meaningful difference between hylians and humans in the games. The pointed ears seem to be more like hair color than anything else. I'll probably be a human, not sure on the class yet.

I'd be interested, is there some way to theme a caster class around masks? Like the occultist? I dunno why but I always loved the Happy Mask Salesman and Majora's Mask.

Anyways, regarding plot:

I'm thinking this will take place a few centuries after Twilight Princess. After a century or two of prosperity, Hyrule's becoming politically unstable and chaotic, and monster attacks and the like are becoming very common.

I'm thinking our campaign will start in Lon Lon City or somewhere in Lanayru and we'll be hired to deliver something or a task of that nature. How well do you think our characters should know each other at first?

well, we have to make the characters first, i'd be more then willing to be connected to others, but still requires time to sit down and think on it.

quick question, we're sticking strictly firts party? or will you allow 3rd? I understand theres stigma to 3rd party, but certain sources are quite respectable from what i have seen in my games, and allow some options to those who have very little beyond stab and slash.

Ie: fighters.

well, we have to make the characters first, i'd be more then willing to be connected to others, but still requires time to sit down and think on it.

quick question, we're sticking strictly firts party? or will you allow 3rd? I understand theres stigma to 3rd party, but certain sources are quite respectable from what i have seen in my games, and allow some options to those who have very little beyond stab and slash.

Ie: fighters.

3rd Party content is acceptable on a case-by-case basis.

Should we limit magic to half casters (no one with a spell slot over 5th level)? Zelda has always been a fairly low magic game, barring ganondorf. It would fit with the setting if we did.

Should we limit magic to half casters (no one with a spell slot over 5th level)? Zelda has always been a fairly low magic game, barring ganondorf. It would fit with the setting if we did.

There's a handful of casters in Zelda, including: Wizzrobes, Agahnim, and Midna. I think I'll say they're legal but they're kind of weird and draw a lot of attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back