Yujin Xiao Long

Quincunx

inactive
Yujin Xiao Long

yujin perhaps.jpg

Name Yujin Xiao Long (小龙 愉 )

Name Meaning "Xiao Long" means "little dragon", the "yu" character means "pleasant; delightful", and the "jin" character means "gold".

Age 17

Gender Female

Orientation Gay

Parents Yang Xiao Long (biological), absent father (biological), Nana Acacia (adoptive)

Race Human

Height 5'11'' (180 cm)

Weight 144 lbs (68 kg)

Body Type Fairly muscular, with thick thighs, a well-defined core, and a larger bust than her baggy dress shows.

Faunus Trait N/A

Weapon Stygian Impact

Weapon Description Stygian Impact is a pair of spiked black combat boots that Yujin wears over a pair of thigh-high black stockings. The boots have thick soles that really hurt to be kicked with, low-carat gold spikes on the heel and toe, and gold toes. The soles can be loaded with bullets or dust in cartridges rotated by subtle but specific movements of Yujin's feet. The bullets shoot, and she tends to favor wind dust (to get around), gravity dust (to move fast) and burn dust (to burn things).

[COLOR= rgb(105, 105, 105)]Fighting Style Stygian Impact is Yujin's primary weapon, and her fighting style is kick-based. That said, her hands and arms aren't completely unused; she likes to incorporate locks and holds into her fighting. Her style differs from Mercury Black's in that his style takes advantage of the lightness of his feet, while Yujin's takes advantage of how heavy and painful her boots are. Her movements focus more on precision than frequency of strikes.[/COLOR]

Aura Color Burnished gold

Semblance Yujin's semblance is similar to Yang's in that it can only be activated after its user has taken damage. Instead of gaining additional strength and endurance, though, Yujin gains speed, sensory ability, and precision of movement. Her hair tends to fall in her face while she uses it, but the perceptive ability she gains seems to keep it from hindering her.

Skills

[COLOR= rgb(105, 105, 105)]Hand-To-Hand/Melee Combat: [/COLOR]6

[COLOR= rgb(105, 105, 105)]Ranged Combat: [/COLOR]1

[COLOR= rgb(105, 105, 105)]Agility/Speed:[/COLOR] 5

[COLOR= rgb(105, 105, 105)]Overall Strength: [/COLOR]4

[COLOR= rgb(105, 105, 105)]Logic/Critical Thinking: [/COLOR]4

Personality "I'm 'all there'. Trust me."

Yujin has her mother's straightforward but caring demeanor, but her head always seems to be somewhere other than talking to people. She's in tune with her surroundings, especially nature, rather than other people. This means she's good at knowing where the exits are, what a person's room says about them, or how to find her way through a forest, but her blunt way of speaking and faraway eyes can put people off. She also hides her emotions and present an unflappable if frosty exterior, usually without meaning to (if she feels something so strongly it shows on her face, it's probably useless for her to try and cover it up).

Despite how bad she is with people, Yujin isn't above forming friendships and getting close to people for its own sake. She'll share a warm smile or a bear hug with someone she cares about, and be fiercely protective of them on and off the battlefield. (Don't touch her without asking if you don't know her, though.) She's the quickest to act when someone she cares about is in danger, which is sometimes good and sometimes bad.

Speaking of danger, Yujin knows how her mother lost her arm, but she sees a different kind of meaning in it. Yang sees her missing limb as a symbol of something she lost, something that Adam took from her, but also someone she cared about. Yujin interprets Yang's loss as a sacrifice that allowed Blake to escape, and a noble act. Yujin takes self-sacrifice very seriously, and has an underlying belief in the back of her mind that she'll have to take a major loss in order to save someone she cares about one day. It's just a fact of life, a fact that drives her and colors every important decision she makes.

Relationship with Parents "You can swear you'll never do some of the things your parents do and still love them."

Yujin has a generally pleasant relationship with her moms - Yang taught her how to fight with her fists and take care of people she loved, and Nana taught her how to be in tune with nature and pay attention to the world around her. She also knew her family's history as soon as she was old enough to properly process it, and holds a deep admiration for both parents. Even so, she can't understand why Yang would've been with people who left her, not once but twice - Yujin swears she would know, and she'd only associate with people who would stick with her in her times of need.

History "Mom said it didn't matter what his name was; it just mattered she and Mother were here now."

When Beacon fell, Yang returned to Patch to live with her father, disillusioned that her team had practically disbanded and that someone so dear to her had left. Unsure of how to heal, she picked up a minor job at Signal for the sake of doing something. At home, her father acquired an Atlesian arm for her and helped her train with it. He and Nana Acacia, a friend from a neighboring herb greenhouse who was about her age, helped support her as she recovered from her trauma. Yang later became a teacher's aide and moved out on her own, still keeping in close contact with Nana.

Yang did enter a serious relationship with a man in her twenties, but he left when he learned she was pregnant with his child. Nana and Taiyang both helped Yang through the tough time, and sometime after Yujin was born, Nana confessed that she loved Yang, and wanted to raise Yujin with her. Yang returned her feelings, and the two raised their daughter at Nana's house, at Patch. Although there wasn't a lot of luxury, there was always food on the table, and on rare occasions, doting from Grandpa Taiyang. Yujin was raised with kindness and honesty. When Yujin was an older child, Yang got back into contact with Ruby, and in addition to visiting Merah occasionally, Yujin learned the history of her family.

Additional Images

Yujin with her eyes uncovered

yujin bangs uncovered.jpg

A young Nana Acacia

nana tsubaki.jpg

She took off the gas mask permanently a few years before she became a mom.

Note

The nature of Blake's initial relationship with Yang, as well as if Blake regains contact with Yang, are intentionally left ambiguous for whoever claims Blake to decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rho all finished, unless there are things you'd like me to change.

@Keidivh is Yujin's family history compatible with Merah's?

I'd say so since Ruby left Vale for a while to Hunt (Cinder specifically), and I'd imagine upon her return she definitely would have reconnected with Yang cause sisters!

CC is awesome by the way, can't wait for the cousins to interact IC!

I'd say so since Ruby left Vale for a while to Hunt (Cinder specifically), and I'd imagine upon her return she definitely would have reconnected with Yang cause sisters!

CC is awesome by the way, can't wait for the cousins to interact IC!

Thank you! I can't wait either ^u^ I kind of get a vibe from them like I got from Ruby talking to Blake about her book, but we'll have to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back