• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yugioh Zexal: Alternate Universe OOC

Ok cool.
And No since we haven't had a full cast of characters yet, I've been holding off on the IC page:thread until it was certain on getting members and characters to fill a group Rp.

Right now we've got three members (myself included) that have posted a approved CS. Yours is approved by the way. Another approved CS but the member has been mia and unresponsive to tags. So until we get a another CS or more we are a tad short on the group of characters.

Ah, I'm doing fine thank you, I should be quite free today, only reason I couldn't get the CS before midnight last night was because I had some unexpected business...to attend to, so sorry bout that ^^ Overall I should be much more active as i' m here basically everyday for atleeast some time~ The Silent Z The Silent Z

Last edited:
aight, thanks. I don't want to seem picky or needy, but would you mind adding a navigation/related links to the OOC? makes it easier to navigate through the threads, you see.

oh, and I don't know zexal very well/at all. is that fine? I sorta lost interest in the anime since the originals, and even then I don't recall them very well. all I remember is the magical hats meme :P

oh, and I don't know zexal very well/at all. is that fine? I sorta lost interest in the anime since the originals, and even then I don't recall them very well. all I remember is the magical hats meme :P
It's rather easy to learn. It doesn't take long to see the difference of Zexal and the previous eras of dueling. I'd say a episode or two of Zexal or the Wikia on Zexal summoning would be enough to figure it out. But no, it's nothing to worry about, it should be fine.

oh, and I see that you have to have a number for the RP - does that mean in the deck?
oh, they're the ones with XYZ - oh, I'm fine with that, as I use Gem-Knight Pearl.
Yeah it's advised to eventually add a number card (Which is a Xyz card but has a number in the name) So correct. Starting off with one is allowed here but just the one until the Rp continues and reasons apply to having more later on.

hmm...but, it isn't necessary to have one? since there aren't a lot of numbers that are useful for a Gem Knight deck - I think Sky Pegasus is alright, but that's about it.

hmm...but, it isn't necessary to have one? since there aren't a lot of numbers that are useful for a Gem Knight deck - I think Sky Pegasus is alright, but that's about it.
It's not enforced. You can hold off on the number card or choose not to have one. There are ways to defeat number card duelists without a number card, difficult and requires tactics to get around the technical fact of number cards cannot be destroyed by non number cards in battle. But it's still possible to win and even destroy them through other means or extra efforts before the battle phase.

So I'm not going to force one to select a number card. It's ultimately up to you with that decision and finding what works with your deck.

hmm. I have a question - if I had a monster card (which I do) that negates any and all card effects from being used (which includes innate 'abilities', not just activation effects) would that murderize a number card?

in the damage step, I mean.

I meant in the damage step (sorry, forgot that detail). I have gem knight citrine, whoms effect is this;

1 "Gem-Knight" monster + 1 Pyro-Type monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned. If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Ah Well I suppose it depends what the number card's effect is and when it activates the circumstances ect, but gem-knight sounds like a good idea. Also welcome to the RP I look forward to seeing what you bring!

Going by the series and from what I recall in Kites duel against Yuma (It's been awhile) Kite removed the xyz materials or neutralized them, making it possible to destroy them without needing a number card.

Spells and traps have the capability of destroying number cards. Monster effects might be possible if it specifically states destruction of a monster. Unless counters are used. But no, that will cripple a number monster but not destroy them as I'm sure Xyz materials played a role with Kites way of pulling it off. Of course that's in the series, in Rl people say online on another forum that regular monsters can beat them. But series is the main follow for this Rp.

are we allowed to use something like the Dueling Nexus to predetermine victors? makes it a bit more realistic, since it could be difficult to tell who would win since RNJesus could easily back one person over another.

are we allowed to use something like the Dueling Nexus to predetermine victors? makes it a bit more realistic, since it could be difficult to tell who would win since RNJesus could easily back one person over another.
That's been covered already. The CS OP contains details on that one. Like Kit's Rps where things ran rather smoothly for duels and evened out for members, they will be predetermined by the involved duelists before duel takes place. As prior stated In the CS thread. However if the person your dueling wish to decide it amongst yourselves on another site and write it out once it's over or mention the outcome then it's up to those involved. Then it's acceptable but not necessary for this Rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back