• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yugioh The Next Generation (GX Era RP)

Valen

Returning Lord

8F15E58D53DDB61A9A97B22B26DBA8AC334533C0

Yugioh - The Next Generation

Duel Monsters has always been recognized as the world's greatest card game. Millenia ago it was much more, a deadly shadow game where lives would always be on the line. Monsters of terrible power lurking in every shadow. Only kept in line by the powerful sorcerers of Ancient Egypt and above all their great Pharoah Atem, the wielder of the Three Egyptian God Cards.

But now this once dangerous contest of power is simply the most popular form of entertainment in the world. Or is it?

The King of Games had his glory and his reign is due to be passed on. So for now we all look to the coming generation of talented and educated young duelists. Welcome to Duel Academy. The famous establishment brought about by Seto Kaiba himself to bring Duel Monsters to the next level while also still providing a superior education to it's students.

Maybe you come like many others for the chance rise as the next King of Games. Maybe you come in hope that some day you may help the game itself and work for Seto Kaiba or Maximilian Pegasus in card and duel technology and engineering?

Regardless of your goals you have worked hard to be recognized and offered the chance to become a student here and your success and growth will be monitored with great interest. However this will be no simple school...nor will it go as smoothly as a typical student would hope. Trouble is brewing with echoes of the dark shadow magic of Ancient Egypt. Will the students be able to keep up?

tumblr_inline_n5obu03XlO1r9pg5v.png

Hello everyone! Wanted to start a small project with getting back into group writing and thought it would be a fun idea to throw in with having a game mixed into an RP. Of course the game would be Yugioh and we would used Duelingbook or some other agreed on platform to do actual duels that we would perform and incorporate into the RP. Beyond that I would allow actual school events and class progression, card balancing, tournaments, as well as adding the fun twist of the player character's standing out a bit more from the norm with being similar to Jaden Yuki with having the ability to communicate with Monster Spirits of their deck and so on while a very real dark threat approaches the school and the dueling world.

Having done this RP before elsewhere before I will be having some limitations on cards while also flat out removing anything Synchro and beyond. Which means the only extra deck cards would be fusion monsters. I would also only allow players to have "Themed Decks" Not having cards just built to win that have nothing but synergy to back themselves up. Make it similar to the show. Want a Elemental Hero Deck? Go for it. A Spellcaster Deck? Sweet!

Any other questions feel free to ask and lets see how much interest this grabs ^^.

Am looking for any amount of writers who hopefully will remain dedicated and continuous with the game and avoid one liners.

Last edited:
Question, since you want us to use a dueling platform or what not would the main rp thread be hosted here or elsewhere? Also how would you want us to go about incorporating the actual duels into rp?

Question, since you want us to use a dueling platform or what not would the main rp thread be hosted here or elsewhere? Also how would you want us to go about incorporating the actual duels into rp?

The main thread's would still be hosted here. How I have done the duels is I save the replay and I do a sort of duel collab post. Usually I put up my post and I put the duel in a spoiler for those who actually want to read the duel. The duel we would just make a back and forth collab post. ^^

Question, would fusion/ritual archetypes released post-GX be allowed, or would we be limited to the card pool that was around back then? Otherwise, interested.

Question, would fusion/ritual archetypes released post-GX be allowed, or would we be limited to the card pool that was around back then? Otherwise, interested.

I think I will leave this on a case by case basis? But I think as long as the card does not involve Tuners/Pendulums/XYZ's/Sychros/Links etc then you can make an argument for it. Post GX cards will definitely be valid just with that main rule in mind.

Currently working on the Thread now that we seem to have a healthy amount of interest

I’ve got interest, just hope people won’t mind me using my real life deck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back