Other YUGIOH: Just A Chat to Remember

We can do a multitude of eras; it gives way for interesting character interactions we wouldn't normally see in the actually shows. It could also make it accessible for anyone to join who enjoys any of the Yu-gi-ohs!
We could even play one from each show to have a full cast of different Yu-Gi-Oh eras.
Multiple eras and each shows would be interesting and a good idea. Provides plenty of options for all fans that could show interest.

The only thing I don't know about is the dueling. Every show introduced a new style of dueling and that could get really complicated if we mix a whole bunch together.

The only thing I don't know about is the dueling. Every show introduced a new style of dueling and that could get really complicated if we mix a whole bunch together.
Hmm… I don’t know. In all truth I just started the Pendulum era in the series, while recent pickup and trying out Duel Master or whatever that game is… I’ve kinda seen what Link summon is like. But seems like duel wise keeping it XZ and synchro as the latest summon options would be one way I’d go for personally. Although in doing so cuts off part of the point in including all eras for characters and etc.

~~~
On a side note-
One of the ideas I had was basically a duel school kind of layout, but without using Duel academy and using a newer or original school in some AU type setting. while making use of actual series aspects of different eras for reference and etc. while using the XZ and Syncros as the latest form of summoning. (Partly due to the early phase for me in learning the new school ways of Pendulum and link summoning.) However, doesn’t offer a major plot option to pair with it.

A school would be a perfect way to meet all the characters in a more natural environment. But how old are these characters going to be? Are we going to have different age groups like how some shows have older protagonist while I think Go rush has the youngest. Depending on the character ages, it can change the tone of the roleplay too.

A school would be a perfect way to meet all the characters in a more natural environment. But how old are these characters going to be? Are we going to have different age groups like how some shows have older protagonist while I think Go rush has the youngest. Depending on the character ages, it can change the tone of the roleplay too.
I’d say we could have different age groups like the shows tend to have. Opens up character options for everyone involved and give options for what ages they want to start out with.

I’m curious as to why this is.
There was a variety and some i can’t recall since it was quite awhile back and a lot has happened in Rl, so memory isn’t there. Main issue I recall was the site itself that was suggested by one member. (I don’t think that site was around for long after that. Or maybe it was more recent now since it shutdownI can’t remember.)

There was a variety and some i can’t recall since it was quite awhile back and a lot has happened in Rl, so memory isn’t there. Main issue I recall was the site itself that was suggested by one member. (I don’t think that site was around for long after that. Or maybe it was more recent now since it shutdownI can’t remember.)

Hmmm… I see. To be honest I’m unsure as to the use of off-site for duels for RP purposes myself (upside: Actual duel, can be fun, can be faster than a move per post, deals with innate rigging problems | downside: cards may not be balanced, lack of dramatic flair), but in the ones I’ve done lately I have attempted to employ it.

But now that we have an idea, what is our plot?
Shenanigans to get to know the characters before an antagonist shows up? Every show has a mc and a rival but considering we're all technically are own mcs, I'm not sure how it'll work. We can have an antagonist but depending on how many people join, we might need several.

Hmmm… I see. To be honest I’m unsure as to the use of off-site for duels for RP purposes myself (upside: Actual duel, can be fun, can be faster than a move per post, deals with innate rigging problems | downside: cards may not be balanced, lack of dramatic flair), but in the ones I’ve done lately I have attempted to employ it.
How do we even rp a duel?
Taking turns writing out moves for a duel that may last a week or two depending on the posters schedule sounds... like a pain and really tedious.

Understandable. There is pros and cons for both sides, the Dm and those who took part found another way to work around the issues we had but unfortunately RL stuff came up and things died out. While a separate issue seemed to takeover and cause problems in the OOC about various cards and etc. again, it’s been some years since those days so memory is lacking on my part. But past experiences lead me to think about working around player vs player duels or even avoiding as much as possible. As not all collaborative efforts and pre-determined outcomes worked out amongst the participating duelists themselves work out. (Not saying it’s the right way or only way or anything… Just one option out of many potential outcomes and ways.)

But I do hope your efforts work out for you! Duels can be tricky to pull off for Rp purposes regardless of avenue taken to explore and utilize them in role plays.

Shenanigans to get to know the characters before an antagonist shows up? Every show has a mc and a rival but considering we're all technically are own mcs, I'm not sure how it'll work. We can have an antagonist but depending on how many people join, we might need several.

Taking turns writing out moves for a duel that may last a week or two depending on the posters schedule sounds... like a pain and really tedious.
Just off the top of my head- Starting out light to allow for some character building and fleshing out and etc, would be my offering. While then splitting up antagonists and spotlights on MC’s via arcs to divide the attention up as evenly as possible. Assuming of course the antagonists don’t necessarily have to be controlled by entirely different players which would require even more people. Just might mean players controlling their own main antagonists and/or collaborating with others to split up the work load. As for me in one example, I’ve always been a bigger fan of supporting role characters and thus I’d usually follow suit and take such roles in Rps. So still a MC on some level I suppose, but not the main protagonist of the story yet can still have a personal arc and etc of their own if and when needed/desired.

I don't think that's necessarily the case, many RPs do base themselves on having 'character roles'. So one character could be the MC and other people take various tropes/roles for their own characters. These don't even need to be fixed roles, it could just be an entry of "Role: [Insert the role/trope you want to play here]". Like The Silent Z The Silent Z I myself am quite fond of playing more supporting roles.

As I mentioned in my other conversation, the way I did it in my most recent attempts was using an off-site platform to just plain play out the duel.

Another potential idea is something I've been cooking up for No Game No Life roleplays, which is to base it around an RPG system with stats and dice rolls.

But I do hope your efforts work out for you! Duels can be tricky to pull off for Rp purposes regardless of avenue taken to explore and utilize them in role plays.

Thanks. Though you may have noticed I used the past tense when talking about those RPs - they're long since dead.

I do want to state, I am offering suggestions here but I'm not necessarily saying I would join if this group started an RP. I am well aware my preferences in writing style - particularly writing length- are hardly the majority's cup of tea.

...I love antagonists! ...I also would have a character in mind (from VRAINS)[ canon characters have always been my preference!], but I don't think he'd be reincarnated, that would be a waste for me due to his ambitions. Well, he's actually more likely to live on for hundreds of years since he's not human regardless...Hm.

Personally, I haven't done a group rp in years. I'm not too great at them? Or perhaps I'm just rusty since it's been so long. Shrug But I don't mind giving it another try!

I'm still not a duel-person but it's quite wholesome to see you all debate how to function around that with those who do!

Speaking of, what would be the writing length in responses?

...I love antagonists! ...I also would have a character in mind (from VRAINS)[ canon characters have always been my preference!], but I don't think he'd be reincarnated, that would be a waste for me due to his ambitions. Well, he's actually more likely to live on for hundreds of years since he's not human regardless...Hm.

Personally, I haven't done a group rp in years. I'm not too great at them? Or perhaps I'm just rusty since it's been so long. Shrug But I don't mind giving it another try!

I'm still not a duel-person but it's quite wholesome to see you all debate how to function around that with those who do!

Speaking of, what would be the writing length in responses?
I don’t feel like can really speak on that character and etc, since I’ve no real knowledge on the Vrains era (Appears I sadly lost my window to watch it. Unless a miracle happens and they bring it back for someone to show it. Like YT/Hulu/Etc) Luckily the others all appear to be available for me to watch though. Although I don’t know if I’m missing some short lived eras or not. Or plain forgot one.

Sounds fairly similar to my experience with 1x1’s for the most part haha. But cool

Certainly alot of ways to go about it and yet also ways to take part without actually dueling in rps. I vaguely recall my last Yugioh rp OC and though he was a duelist I never had him really duel. In part due to his personal motivations and story. Also because that wasn’t really the point of his character to duel every character or take part in every tournament and etc.

If the rp took place? It would likely vary pending on who’s running it or what the collaborative group would agree to for acceptable length. Personally when I Rp’d the min was a couple paragraphs, while welcoming more if one wished and if blocks happen or whatever then occasionally smaller posts could be allowed if it wasn’t a regular thing. But often varies quite a lot from one person to the next with their preferences

Sorry though as that’s not too helpful.

I don’t feel like can really speak on that character and etc, since I’ve no real knowledge on the Vrains era (Appears I sadly lost my window to watch it. Unless a miracle happens and they bring it back for someone to show it. Like YT/Hulu/Etc) Luckily the others all appear to be available for me to watch though. Although I don’t know if I’m missing some short lived eras or not. Or plain forgot one.

Sounds fairly similar to my experience with 1x1’s for the most part haha. But cool

Certainly alot of ways to go about it and yet also ways to take part without actually dueling in rps. I vaguely recall my last Yugioh rp OC and though he was a duelist I never had him really duel. In part due to his personal motivations and story. Also because that wasn’t really the point of his character to duel every character or take part in every tournament and etc.

If the rp took place? It would likely vary pending on who’s running it or what the collaborative group would agree to for acceptable length. Personally when I Rp’d the min was a couple paragraphs, while welcoming more if one wished and if blocks happen or whatever then occasionally smaller posts could be allowed if it wasn’t a regular thing. But often varies quite a lot from one person to the next with their preferences

Sorry though as that’s not too helpful.
There's a Yugioh unique for it's own manga I think? I forgot who the main character was but he exists. That's the only era I don't know well/correctly due to never looking into it.

Ugh. I got flashbacks. I can't stand tournament arcs...

VRAINS (sub) is on Crunchyroll? If you're a sub person, that is. Dub is....So impossible...To find...

But no, you were helpful, thanks!

There's a Yugioh unique for it's own manga I think? I forgot who the main character was but he exists. That's the only era I don't know well/correctly due to never looking into it.

Ugh. I got flashbacks. I can't stand tournament arcs...

VRAINS (sub) is on Crunchyroll? If you're a sub person, that is. Dub is....So impossible...To find...

But no, you were helpful, thanks!
Oh? Interesting. Just noticed while searching online for other options I haven’t explored yet for Vrains that Sevens was the previously done era for Yugioh and now Go Rush is the current? Which I think Jaw mentioned before yet I hadn’t heard of it.

The Yugioh rp I was apart of the DM was mainly using Zexal as the base and put a AU spin on it for usage of OC’s instead of canon. So pretty sure the one Arc was basically a Tournament. But regardless, I can see how such arcs can be problematic.

I found a few potential options when looking at Crnuchyroll since you mentioned it for the Sub version. Turns out a couple options are available that are free least for the first and second seasons. All three might require a subscription fee least going off what I’m seeing so far. Surprised to see Plutotv has it free and dub version for two seasons atleast. Awesome news though now that I’ll have a dub option to watch some of it for free.

Oh cool and your welcome

Oh? Interesting. Just noticed while searching online for other options I haven’t explored yet for Vrains that Sevens was the previously done era for Yugioh and now Go Rush is the current? Which I think Jaw mentioned before yet I hadn’t heard of it.

The Yugioh rp I was apart of the DM was mainly using Zexal as the base and put a AU spin on it for usage of OC’s instead of canon. So pretty sure the one Arc was basically a Tournament. But regardless, I can see how such arcs can be problematic.

I found a few potential options when looking at Crnuchyroll since you mentioned it for the Sub version. Turns out a couple options are available that are free least for the first and second seasons. All three might require a subscription fee least going off what I’m seeing so far. Surprised to see Plutotv has it free and dub version for two seasons atleast. Awesome news though now that I’ll have a dub option to watch some of it for free.

Oh cool and your welcome
Psh, I have no idea about Sevens and Go Rush! I still never touched those shows. ^^"
Buuut I'm confident it was Arc-V, then VRAINS, then Sevens, now Rush. Pretty sure?

(Whispers in Spotify) Wanna a break from the ads?

No joke though, Plutotv has a lot of ads...So good luck if you're watching dub there!

If we are doing this as more character roles then all of us being mcs, then I'd actually want to be a side-character.
I don't affect the story very much, but I like the idea of showing up and interacting with the cast before disappearing into the void that is background cameos. It's a role I've always wanted to do but because I usually got caught up in very small groups or 1 on 1s, I never really gotta try it out.
Ok cool

Psh, I have no idea about Sevens and Go Rush! I still never touched those shows. ^^"
Buuut I'm confident it was Arc-V, then VRAINS, then Sevens, now Rush. Pretty sure?

(Whispers in Spotify) Wanna a break from the ads?

No joke though, Plutotv has a lot of ads...So good luck if you're watching dub there!
I guess eventually I’ll get to it. Thumbnail art for the two series looks like even younger characters then past gens. Yeah, looks like it.

True. But since it’s free I can’t complain and since other free options I haven’t looked into yet from those I’d seen with some of Vrains to compare ads level. I’ll accept it from Pluto. Better then nothing and free at the same time.

Question for those who are more complete then I with the later series knowledge. Was Swordsoul a deck used in the series (Tv) or even (Anime/Manga) ? (Although namely Tv series since I haven’t read the series yet and they look kinda familiar for some reason despite being a newer archetype to me anyways.)

When it came to GX I did an Avatar the Last Airbender, I saw it was a new protagonist and got sad and didn't watch it. But when I came across 5D's... listen, I've never had a fiction crush, but my man Yusei did some things to my wee lad heart. 5D's was set in an almost apocalyptic, dark setting, with a story focuses on class, with golden prison tattoos and dueling on unique looking motorcycles.
GX maybe underrated and I've grown to enjoy it but when I was a kid I was really out here like:
Untitled.png

I am most familiar with the original and GX Yugioh. Nothing beats the original but GX is underrated in my opinion.
GX was awesome. Original was good too.
When it came to GX I did an Avatar the Last Airbender, I saw it was a new protagonist and got sad and didn't watch it. But when I came across 5D's... listen, I've never had a fiction crush, but my man Yusei did some things to my wee lad heart. 5D's was set in an almost apocalyptic, dark setting, with a story focuses on class, with golden prison tattoos and dueling on unique looking motorcycles.
GX maybe underrated and I've grown to enjoy it but when I was a kid I was really out here like:
View attachment 1061784
Haha nice use of the meme. 5D’s was quite the shift back then from GX and original before that.

I mean, Yugi and Judai never went to jail for stolen property or residence of arrest in the first episode so there was definitely a tone shift.

Though seeing Yami Yugi get pursed by the police for possible attempted murder via dark magical powers would have been one hell of an episode.

I mean, Yugi and Judai never went to jail for stolen property or residence of arrest in the first episode so there was definitely a tone shift.

Though seeing Yami Yugi get pursed by the police for possible attempted murder via dark magical powers would have been one hell of an episode.

"YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING! DARK MAGIC IS NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT!"

"So, explain to the court what you told your lawyer."
"Well, sir, there's an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh living inside this puzzle my grandfather gave me and I made a wish for friends and now this Pharaoh goes around playing punishment games because my friends and I get bullied a lot."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back