• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yugioh: Duel Terminus

zontar

The Thing From Space
Synopsis:
You're normal duelists, brought into a strange world where Duel Monsters are living, breathing creatures to aid in a time of crisis. Normally, the worlds of the Duel Terminus are kept separate based on clear rules. However, these rules are eroding, and bizarre archetypes are making themselves known among the chaos. It's up to our heroes to bring peace back to the worlds of the Duel Terminus.

Following the events of 5Ds, much has occurred, including the introduction of three different summoning methods and a brand new field on which the game can be played, further evolving the Duel Monsters™ card game.
---
The Duel Terminus:
The Duel Terminus is a collection of more than 50 worlds inhabited by Duel Spirits. From the towering skyscrapers and dark alleyways of HERO World to the shining castles and mystic glades of the World of Knights, the worlds involved can be pretty much anything. However, there are some pretty concrete rules. There are worlds dedicated to each of the seven Attributes, 25 types, and worlds where archetypes that share common aesthetics exist (Scrap and Ancient Gear, Super Quant and Inzektors, etc.). While crossing between the worlds has always been possible, recently it's happening with disturbing frequency and severity.

While the physics generally work the same (up is up, down is down, it's a bad idea to run headlong into walls), there are some worlds that have various strange properties. These worlds may have an effect on the mechanics of the duel! Players are free to suggest worlds for a future visit.

Example:
The Molten World- FIRE
The Molten World is a primitive one, populated mostly by primitive monsters- The Flamvells, The Lavals, the Jurracs, and the Evoltiles. While magma surges from everywhere, crossing the landscape like lakes and rivers, the world is merely oppressively hot instead of lethally so. Most of the plant life is fire resistant or already on fire, so buildings are mostly wood and stone.
Effects: If there's no field spell in play, the field is treated as "Molten Destruction."

---
Rules and junk
1. If there is a problem between two players, try to solve it amongst yourselves first before taking it to the GM. The GM will have the players sort the problem amongst each other to try and come up with a compromise. A third party, including the GM, is not allowed to intervene with the problem unless any of the conflicting parties explicitly and specifically (inviting to the PM or mentioning) request assistance.
2. If you have to leave, just say so. If you don’t have time to write a replay in-character excusing the absence, please at least leave something to explain the absence of your character in-character for me to write down. Don't worry, they can come back later.
3. The game takes place after the events of 5Ds. All the characters from the series prior to 5Ds still exist, save for ones who are canonically dead. The events of Zexal happen in the far future.
4. The game will use Master Rule 4. This means there will be two Extra Monster Zones situated between the two players’ fields above the players’ main zone 3 and 5 with the space between the Extra Monster Zones being blank. Monsters summoned from the Extra Deck by effect or mechanic are to be special summoned to the Extra Monster Zone, or a Main Monster Zone that is designated by a Link Monster’s Link Marker. Spell/Trap Zone 1 and 5 can be used as Pendulum Zones, but are treated as such only if a Pendulum Monster is placed in said zone. Xyz Monsters, Pendulum Monsters and Link Monsters in this timeline were introduced at the same time by Industrial Illusions.
5. Unless the players both agree on an alternative, games will be, by default, played free-form. This means that by default, both players will be allowed to decide their starting hand as well as their draws. Players do not have to allow their opponent to know the cards in their hand or face-down on the field, or banished face-down save for those which would be common knowledge (Specific Cards by card effect, cards revealed by other cards such as Respect Play, cards revealed by their own effect such as Zushin the Sleeping Giant, cards drawn after Convulsions of Nature is activated, cards Special Summoned face-down by an effect such as Shaddoll Falco, etc).

Certain cards have in-universe lore and hangups.

1. The Egyptian Gods: Ra, Obelisk, and Slifer. Disappeared off the face of the Earth in the events of Duel Monsters, save the one time in Dark Side of Dimensions when Kaiba forces out Obelisk the Tormentor.
2. Exodia: The pieces are all available but very rare.
3. Blue-Eyes White Dragon: Kaiba will, on a whim, tear up any copy of Blue-Eyes White Dragon that does not belong to him; and will sometimes on a whim, tear one of his own copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon, just because he can. It is said that when Industrial illusions needs a bailout, they reprint Blue Eyes and put it in a booster to ensure Kaiba buys them all.
4. Sacred Beasts: Hamon, Uria, Raviel. Locked up for good at Duel Academy.
5. Yubel: Still good, considering it was a normal card before being subject to space radiation.
6. Cyber Dark: Technically one-of-a-kind and held by Cyrus Truesdale.
7. Armed Dragon: LV and Dark Armed Dragon are the secret cards of North Duel Academy and are currently held by Chazz Princeton.
8. The Legendary Planets: Part of the Manga and therefore fair game.
9. Signer Dragons: Currently in use by the Signers.
10. Duel Dragons: Signer Dragons from the Manga (Ascension Sky Dragon, Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon, Void Ogre Dragon, Power Tool Mechanic Dragon, Ancient Pixie Dragon, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, Stardust Spark Dragon, Blackfeather Darkrage Dragon, Black Rose Moonlight Dragon, Beelze the Diabolic Dragons, and Ultimaya Tzolkin) exist in the manga only and thus are fair game for the RP. Ultimaya Tzolkin and its upgrade Phantasmal Lord Ultimitl Bishbalkin are relatively common cards but are rarely used due to them being practically useless by game mechanic.
11. Earthbound Immortals: Currently in use by the Dark Signers.
12. Cosmic Synchro Monsters: Shooting Quasar Dragon and Red Nova Dragon. Available only if you BELIEVE IN THE NEXUS and have either a CLEAR MIND or the ability to grasp ABSOLUTE POWER.
13. Meklords: Not from this timeline.
14. Malefic: Also not from this timeline.
15. Norse Gods: Loki, Odin, and Thor are in the same camp as the Egyptian Gods. They exist as Gods, being treated as DIVINE attribute, and are currently being held by Team Ragnarok.
16. Numbers: They exist as Astral and Don Thousand’s memories, however normal people are not aware of their existence as supernatural things. Number support cards such as Number Wall are products of the Vetrix family, which don’t exist yet in this time line. Legendary Numbers (44, 46, 54, 34, 65, 73, and 94) exist but are tucked neatly away and guarded by their guardians. Over-Hundred Numbers are exclusive to their Barian users and thus unavailable. All Numbers are one-of-a-kind. No player will start with one, but they will be an element in the game later on.
17. Every plot element of Arc-V: Does not happen, and should be forgotten about as a distant memory. Pendulum still exists though. Z-arc is treated in this timeline the same as Zushin the Sleeping Giant, where it is a relatively common card with the power of an Egyptian God, but due to its summoning condition and the mechanics of the game, is difficult to summon and thus is not used.
18. Cyberse: Exist in the game of Duel Links™, and are available.

Hey, unless it's plot signifcant, you're free to grab it. Just don't expect all your opponents to get steamrolled.

Sure, but I want to know the rulings on anime/manga/custom cards. Stuff like this, this and this aren't all that bad, but then you get examples like these two and the waters get a little muddied.

EDIT: Actually, let's go the full yard with this.

What monsters are/aren't off limits in lore? It's set after 5D's, so are the Signer dragons unavailable, as well as the Earthbound gods? Since it's in the same timeline as GX/DM, does that mean the cards like Sacred Beasts, God cards, Yubel and even the Blue-Eyes are off-limits? What about the manga Wicked Gods, which are evil counterparts to the god cards?

And since this is set after 5D's, is turbo dueling a thing? If so, will players ride their runner around in the world? What about later alternative methods of dueling, such as Action or Speed duels? What kind of implementation will we see with those?

And will monster attacks be real, since this is apparently set in the Duel Terminal world? Is it something like GX season 3?

EDIT2: 4000 or 8000 LP?

EDIT3: What do the duel disks look like? Are they heavy, solid objects like DM/GX/5D's, a more light two-piece variant as seen in ZeXal, an energy disk projection like Arc-V, or a digital disk system seen in Vrains/what Kaiba used in DSOD?

EDIT4: I know this is getting a little ridiculous, but I keep coming up with more questions. Are there set decklists? Do they have to adhere to a real-life banlist? What if someone wanted to play a deck like Elemental HERO, which has more fusions than it has Extra deck space? Would they have to choose which monsters to put in their extra, or can we just pretend like all of them are in there?

Last edited:
Sure, but I want to know the rulings on anime/manga/custom cards. Stuff like this, this and this aren't all that bad, but then you get examples like these two and the waters get a little muddied.

For anything related to available cards, please read the spoiler marked "PLOT CARDS".

Anime and Manga cards might be okay on a case by case basis, but custom cards are right out to start with.

Duel Runners are available, yes it's like GX season 3. Duel disks are whatever folks want them to look like.

Yes, there are ABSOLUTELY decklists. Remember that side-decks exist and some people even have multiple decks.

For anything related to available cards, please read the spoiler marked "PLOT CARDS".
Oh shit this is KOgaming. Good luck, but I'm outta here.

EDIT: Clarification: Obviously I missed that spoiler originally, but I can tell it's you from the re-used jokes in there. I don't have much of anything against you personally, I just don't really jive with the way you structure your YGO RPs (as you might've been able to tell from the past).

So ye. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oh shit this is KOgaming. Good luck, but I'm outta here.

EDIT: Clarification: Obviously I missed that spoiler originally, but I can tell it's you from the re-used jokes in there. I don't have much of anything against you personally, I just don't really jive with the way you structure your YGO RPs (as you might've been able to tell from the past).

So ye. Good luck.
What's Kogaming? o.o

zontar zontar Definitely interested in a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP ... I'm probably going to be using the Counter Fairies for one character in the RP... Unless there is a problem with that ?

Ammokkx Ammokkx
I don't know, a guy at the game store in town sent me the list at D&D night. I got a few chuckles from it so I used it.

Replying to me is a good way to bait me, yes. I'm not sure why you'd need to bother changing your identity or try to deny it in any way, but you do you man. I'm not really lookin' to start shit in your thread -w-.

Anyway, even if you're trying to hide it so I'd join or whatever, you know it's a bad idea considering you kicked me out of your first RP and found my ideas ridiculous in your second one, lol. I don't want to bog you down on your fun, so carry on. Ciao.

zontar zontar Nice. Another question... Will the characters eventually have the opportunity to duel against canon characters, such as say the Signers from 5D's or Judai Yuki ? If given the opportunity I'd love to duel against Luna/Ruka from 5D's since the character I want to RP as are so fundamentally similar)

zontar zontar Sorry to @t you twice... But... I do have another question. IF i'm allowed to use 2 players, can I have a OC that uses Darkest Diabolos ?

I don’t think we’ll be running into canon characters. And I’d say stick to the one guy, he can just have two decks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back