• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
However, as the match's were being broadcast worldwide, that wouldn't be necessary.

At Kaiba Corp, the big five were watching the duel unfold. As soon as they saw the modifications panik made, they were frantically trying to get the situation under control.

"Why that...Johnson!" Nezbitt shouted.
"I'm on it I'm on it I'm suing I'm suing!" He said frantically.

Hisoka, however, remained at her seat with a teacup held delicately in her hand. Her smile hadn't changed much but the oppressive aura she had was suddenly large and demon-like snapping around her. "Make sure to also give them an invitation to Kaiba Corp labs. I could use a few...assistants as well." She called out sweetly as Johnson was rushing through his computer files."We need innovative people as I'm sure you know?"

"of course.." Johnson said, too terrified of Hisoka to argue. If there was one thing to never do was let Hisoka learn her 'babies' had been modified to hurt people. It was this mentality that made her unsuitable for a weapons developer.

Nezbitt chuckled weakly. "More tea?" He questioned. True while her weapons probably would have been the most effective and amazing produced, her protective tendencies made it dangerous to even use her normal products. They couldn't even think of what she would do if she created weapons... Nor just how dangerous they would have been. The girl would have easily shut down the Weapons Industry if she did. Creating soemthing unbeatable that would stop war cold.

Hisoka nodded. "Yes, thank you." She said setting her cup down. "I'm sure Boss will handle the rest on that end... Hmmm" She muttered thoughtfully. Oh, Pegasus would not be leaving this untouched....not at all.

Yugi and Joey were relieved that Mai seemed okay, although annoyed and angry about what had happened to her. Which they understood.

Seto took all the starchips from Panik's gauntlet, in total, they provided Yugi, Seto, Joey and even Mai enough chips to enter the castle.

Only one obstacle remained. The brothers paradox, twin duelists who served as the guardians of the gate.

To defeat them, Seto and Mai tag teamed, as well as Joey and Yugi.

The brothers bowed in respect to their adversaries, and allowed them past the gate, taking their starchips as per the rules.

After a lavish dinner hosted by Pegasus, the finals of the Duelist kingdom tournament begin the next day.

Seto defeated Joey, Yugi defeated Mai, then to everyone's surprise, Seto withdrew from the tournament.

It was then announced that the duel between Yugi Muto and maximillion Pegasus would commence tomorrow at High noon.

After a long and arduous duel, Yugi was victorious. Is condition to Pegasus was to not only release his grandfather's soul, but to also handover industrial illusions to Seto Kaiba, which included the rights to duel monsters, as well as forfeit the millennium eye.

Yugi was a bit shocked over Seto's demands. However, after all the pain and trouble Pegasus had put them all through he didn't feel much sympathy for the other. He was more then happy to hand everything over to Seto.

In the end everything was fine. He won the Tournament gaining the title King of Games, and his mother called with news that his grandpa had woken and seemed fine.

The main reason why Seto had requested Pegasus's company was because he found out that Yugi's father worked for a company that Pegasus owned in the United States. And to surprise his friend on his birthday, he had mr. Moto flown in first class to accept a new position and Kaiba Corp, which meant mr. Moto would no longer be living abroad.

Yugi was thankful towards his friend. He knew his father would eventually get bored and want to travel again. But now he had a steady place to come back to, and wouldn't need to be gone for so long now. Not only that but Yugi was overjoyed to spend time with his father. It was nice having is family all together again.

Mr. Moto had also assured his family that his traveling abroad days were over. now all he wanted to do was be close to his family.

Now that Seto had acquired the rights to duel monsters and industrial illusions, he met with a young game maker named Duke Devlin to discuss a joint venture between them. Duke had just transfered to Domino High and as a way of making a first impression, he was demonstrating some tricks that he had practiced with dice. The most impressive one being able to get them to line up in a straight tower after rolling them in a cup.

"Oh hello, I'm Duke Devlin I just transferred here." Duke said as he introduced himself to Yugi and his friends. Unlike the Canon version of Duke, he wasn't as angry at yugi for beating Pegasus, but was curious as to how he was able to do it.

Yugi was happy to make a new friend and he and Joey liked Duke's tricks. They more so liked Duke's ideas of Dungeon Dice, It sounded fun and they liked listening to Duke talk about it or explain things.

Duke invited Yugi to play him in a exhibition of dungeon dice monsters. Unlike the match in Canon, Duke was more polite.
"Yugi I must admit I do have a bit of an ulterior motive. I heard of your victory against Pegasus, beating him at his own game. I want to see if you can do the same against me. Of course we'll go over tutorial first." Duke assured his new friend.

After a tutorial and a few practice matches, the live broadcast begin.

Sure enough, Yugi bested Duke. "Congratulations Yugi on a well played game." Duke said.

Yufi grinned bashfully. "It was challanging though And really fun." He gushed happily as he shook Duke's hand. He liked the game and wouldn't mind playing it again. He made sure to get a promise of a rematch from Duke, and a deal to play together when they could. Joey was also quick to ask for a game, wanting to see if it might be something he could beat Yugi in.

It wasn't.

"Don't be discouraged Joey, you did great for your first time playing. I mean you managed to summon both flamed swordsman and Red eyes black dragon." Duke said.

"Yea, yea." Joey said with a sigh. "Don't worry I'll beat both of you one day, no matter what!"

Yugi laughed with a smile at his friend. "I don't doubt that." He said with a nod.

Sometime later, Ishizu Ishtar got into contact with Seto Kaiba and he in turn arranged for Yugi, Joey and their friends to join them as they met with Ishizu.

Yugi and Joey had no idea what was going on. But they were excited to see a museum before it opened. Yugi more so since he had gained his father's love of history.

Upon arriving, Ishizu explained things to Seto, Yugi, and Joey.

"So you need our help to stop your brother from claiming the power of the pharaoh in some misguided crusade for him and your family to be free from guarding the tomb of the Pharaoh. And to do that, you're asking me to host a tournament here in Domino City so that your brother who has the power to control people's minds with the millennium rod, and his syndicate of card stealing thieves would gather here en mass, drawn by a promise of taking the rare cards of the losing duelists. Am I missing anything?" Seto asked.

It wasn't that seto didn't want to help, it was largely due to the fact that he didn't like the idea of hosting a tournament with the ante rule.

Ishizu was thoughtful for a moment, as Seto Kaiba wasn't how she imagined he might be a bit more thoughtful and kind. "I do apologize for asking such things..." She did say with a sorrowful tone. "You can, of course, run your tournament however you please. But you must admit such a thought would have duelists coming from everywhere and would catch more attention." She explained.

Yugi was confused but he wanted to help the spirit in his puzzle. But he saw Kaiba's point. Losing such an important card, and it might even be the one you connected with most...

Hisoka who had been looking over the tablet with a strange frown on her face and her head tilted, glanced over at them from where she had been resting her hand. "There is also the decision of the most powerful cards. Are we speaking effect, ability, strength? That leaves a lot to interpretation. Why not add a clause where the cards are to be returned once the tournament is complete? The duel disks could keep track of who the card rightfully belong to, that would be simple."

Seto turned to Hisoka. "Hisoka, your a genius! We can do that and after the tournament release a statement to the press that the Ante rule was only meant to lure in the rare hunters so that they could be caught!" Seto said, spontaneously hugging Hisoka before realizing what he just did. The CEO of Kaiba Corp was red in the face from embarrassment.

Hisoka was frozen in place from the odd behavior of her boss. He had never been cruel before, but he had always been very touchy with his personal space. More so she didn't think that they had eve had contact beyond a handshake or a pat to the shoulder. Clearing her throat lightly as Seto released her she turned back to the tablet to hide the embarrassed expression on her face. "True... I can also gain more attention, having those that would back off for fear of losing their best card, actually compete. Sure there will always be those that will demand to keep them when the Tournament ends, but that can be dealt with later on..." She continued on.

Yugi however was watching the sight with wide eyes. He had never seen Seto blush before. It was honestly kind of amazing. A smile grew on his face, although a mischievous one. "That should work."

Yugi could see Ishizu watching them all with a thoughtful expression before she nodded as well. "Yes, that should indeed be fine. I can see no bad results from this action..." She spoke.

Yugi nodded. "Alright then. So there will be a Tournament to lure them out." He said in agreement. He was worried about the Spirit. There was so much going on. And he knew that all the Spirit wanted was to find out its past.

Hisoka nodded as well, finally letting go of the tablet and stepping away. Although there was an odd expression on her face before she turned away completely. "Seems we have a plan then."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back