• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Galactatech

One Thousand Club
Plot: in this version of the Yu-Gi-Oh story, Seto didn't loose himself to the darkness that his adopted father try to instill into him. Because of this Seto Kaiba is a more mellow and approachable person. He's also not afraid to be a nice guy.
------------------

Seto just enrolled in Domino High School, for the most part his reputation as a duel monsters champion and his position as the CEO of Kaiba Corp kept most people from trying to get to know him better. Seto found this annoying but decided to just roll with it for now. However, he saw something that Just ruffled his feathers. He saw a pretty large guy beating up on 2 other students while a fourth was trying to stop the fight.

"Leave them alone." Seto said. "Mind your own business Rich boy." The thug said. "I'll gladly go back to minding my own business once you leave them alone, I don't like bullies. And I know that those two on the ground have a reputation of being bullies themselves, but I think they learned that lesson so back off." Seto glared.

Deciding this wasn't worth his time, the bully decided to cut his losses and walk away.

Seto approached Joey, Tristan and Yugi. " You three okay, no permanent damage?" Seto asked, helping them up.

Last edited:
Yugi looked up, first shocked then confused. He didn't know Seto Kaiba very well and had honestly never interacted with him. Still, he shook the confusion off and smiled up at the other. "No...nothing permanent. Thank you though!" Yugi said tripping over his words in gratitude. It was expected that Joey and Triston, his new friends, would help him. He never expected anyone else would. He dusted himself off and checked to make sure nothing had been stolen, too used to bullies.

"I hope this little incident taught you two a lesson." Seto said. "Yeah, I'll never bully anyone again Kaiba." Tristan said. "Please call me Seto." Seto said. "So Yugi, right? Do you play duel monsters?" Seto asked.

Yugi blinked in confusion pointing to himself. "Eh? Me? Ah-yea! I do play Duel Monsters. My Grandpa runs a gaming store and taught me all about it! I even built my own deck." He explained proudly. "I mean, I've never played an official match or anything."

Yugi gained an excited expression. "Oh no! Grandpa sells everything. Boardgames, and computer games, kids and even mature. Duel Monsters is popular, but my Grandpa loves all kinds of games." He explained with a grin.

Yugi blinked in confusion before smiling happily with a nod. "I'm sure grandpa would love to meet you too!" He said in excitement.

After school, Yugi, Tristan, Joey, Teá, and Seto went to the game shop in seto's limo.

Upon arriving, Yugi's grandfather was ecstatic to have Seto Kaiba in his humble card shop.

"I must say mr. Moto, I like the stock. I haven't seen a lot of these games in years. A lot of Khyber corp's most successful video games are largely inspired by these games." He admitted.

Yugi was happy to see his grandpa was so happy and excited. He stood nearby listening as they spoke with a smile on his face, as Joey and Triston looked around.

"Ah, I've always loved games. It's the reason I was an Archaeologist for so long. I loved teh mystery and trying to figure things out. Games have always been a very important hobby of mine." Solomon admitted with a smile.

"wait you wouldn't happen to be the same Solomon Moto who got trapped in an Egyptian tomb with Arthur Hawkins by any chance?" Seto asked.

Solomon blinked in shock before he laughed. "Ah, I can't help but wonder how that story got out. It's not something we ever talk about." Solomon admitted. "But yes, that was indeed me."

"I read it in an article when I was a kid, the only reason I even looked at it was because your friend Arthur gave you his blue eyes. Which brings me to the main reason for my visit, Mr. Moto I'm willing to pay you a considerable amount of money if you agree to never allow your your blue eyes to be used in a dual." Seto said, handing mr. Moto a check with more zeros than the man probably had ever seen in his life.

Solomon blinked slowly with a shocked expression. "Ah!~" he exclaimed in shock. "Mr. Kaiba you don't have to do that. I've already declared quite often that my Blue eyes is not to be used in a match. I mean Yugi used it once or twice to practise, but I would never allow my Blue eyes to be used." He explained.

"very well, in that case I suppose I would like to buy your entire supply of classic games. Not for me of course, but for charity, aside from a copy of each one from myself and my brother to play." Seto said. "And please call me Seto, Mister Kaiba was my horrible adopted father." Seto said.

Last edited:
Solomon smiled with a nod as Kaiba spoke. "Very well, that I can agree with." He accepted. Yugi grinned happily seeing that his Grandpa had been able to sell so much merchandise.

"Say Yugi, how would you like to duel me. Not right now, but tommorow. I'm unveiling the prototype of kaiba corp's new holographic dueling arena." Seto said.

Yugi blinked in confusion. "Oh, you've come up with a new prototype? That sounds great! Count me in!" Yugi agreed in excitement.

The next day, Yugi and Kaiba met up before the duel at Kaiba Corp. The duel would broadcast worldwide to showcase the new Kaiba Corp holographic arena.

"And this here is the beautiful genius behind this beautiful system, Hisoka Yoshinori ." Seto said, introducing them to his head technologist.

Yugi blinked in confusion as the woman that looked a bit annoyed to be here. Hair pulled into an extremely messy bun and dressed in a lab coat she had an almost wild look in her eyes. "Hello." He said with a wave.

Hioska huffed, but eventually shook her head, giving a wave. "Yo." She called, glancing back towards the new stadium. "I still don't think my poor baby is ready, what if you hurt it?" She questioned, patting the large pillar she was beside.

"Relax Hisoka. You're the best technologist in Kaiba Corp, nothing will go wrong." Seto reassured her.

Seto was correct, The duel between him and Yugi went off without a hitch. Yugi managed to win by drawing exodia.

"AH~! Oh how fascinating! I never thought I would see that happen in reality..." Hisoka exclaimed as she cooed over the cards she had swiped from Yugi.

Yugi watched her with a confused and amused expression as he stood nearby, hands held out in worry that something might happen to them. "Ah, i didn't know you liked Duel Monsters?" Yugi questioned.

Hisoka shrugged. "I'm not a huge fan. However, I love history and Egyptian happens to be my favourite subject. So I studied them since they came from there..." She admitted. Gaining an odd expression as she stared at the cards spread out in her hands, before shoving them back at him. "Still, that was so much data! I can definitely find a way to fix the system, we don't want people accidentally harmed." Turning she puled a tablet out or her coat pocket and walked closer to the platform. "Hmm, maybe I can add a sensation trigger to the Duelist. That would be fun... maybe a shock..."

Yugi gains a scared expression. "Eh!? Shock, but you just said you didn't want anyone to get harmed."

"Well, not seriously harmed. But they can hurt a bit. I said accidentally harmed, being harmed on purpose is different." Hisoka explained with a grin as she glanced over the tablet.

"let's not Hisoka, I really don't want to have to deal with lawsuits that would come from that kind of system.

Hisoka pouted and looked to Seto with a teary expression. "But-"

"I..uhh, I think Seto's right, Miss. It would be better to be safer, right?" Yugi asked hesitantly.

Hisoka continued to pout but looked away with a sad sigh. "Fine.." She huffed.

"and besides, my big brother instincts will not allow me to release anything that could be dangerous to children." Seto added.

With that, the holographic dueling arena would soon enter the tournament circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back