Opinion You're not an actual pagan

Ah, my only point was to let someone of a different faith know that people in my church don't engage in human sacrifice. I am a Satanist, couple generations in, and to clear up a misconception was my intention. In the church we do not acknowledge people who have radical ideals of Satan or sacrifice or harm others in his name. We are united under a banner but we are all different in how we practice our faith, for lack of a better word. Some of us believe in magick, others are hard core believers in science and think magic is out of bounds. We all abide by our rules, and none of us murder in the name of Satan. To me, a satan worshiper and a Satanist are two very different things. This is true for all Satanists of the church. Plus, I stand by that very few cases of human sacrifice have ever been validated, and in the ones that have been have not always been in the same of satan.

My comments were not about any one else's conceptions of the faith, just to clear up the sacrifice thing.

That's all good :) I just wanted to poke on hinting that one definition of a satanist is real and another not real since realistically they're both real definitions. Personally I don't have a high opinion of satanism as a cult but modern satanism I see in a much better light, so much so that I did nod my head and agree with a number of the concepts when I first heard about it. Realistically both are satanism in the terms of language use though, even though in practice the two things are insanely different. You do get a lot of that in language.

The "pagans" that annoy me are the ones who think they are such for basically collecting rocks (without actually using them) and stuff like that and claiming to be pagan/wiccan/etc. I'm actually pagan who is currently experimenting with the potential of alchemy, asatru, and tarot from a scientific perspective(as in applying the scientific method). But there are fake pagans who claim to be such because they watered down whichever pagan belief they claim to be...but there are actual pagans out there. My 2 cents anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back