• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐ˆ๐๐•๐ˆ๐“๐„๐ƒ๐Ÿ—ก(๐™– ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ง๐™ค๐™ง-๐™จ๐™ก๐™–๐™จ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ก๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฎ)

idiot

๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.
โ€” YOU'RE INVITED.
a horror-slasher movie-esque roleplay.
introduction.

A number of bigshots in the Miami University society world have seemingly invited you, among other students, to a Halloween party.

Set within Ohio, the party is to be hosted within the abandoned Athens Lunatic Asylum, which shut down in 1993. Left to rot and decay until the year 2021; a business mogul, Mr Watts, purchased the lot with the intention of tearing it down to make another luxury apartment building. His son, Harrison โ€” one of the bigshots hosting the party โ€” begged his father to have a final hoorah before the lot is bulldozed. It was the perfect place to host a Halloween party; the asylum being host to dozens of hauntings and rumours of supernatural forces inhabiting the place. After all, the Athens Lunatic Asylum does have a grisly history.

You've decided to attend the party โ€” whatever the reason โ€” dressed in your Halloween costume, for what will be a killer time.

This isn't some romantic drama though โ€” far from it. You're in for a fight for survival that will test your strength, wit, intelligence and agility. Why? You ask. Let's just say the beer pong and bad decisions are cut short by a blood-curdling scream, a dead body and a whole lot of blood. Partygoers rush for the exits to find they are bolted shut. This was once an asylum, after all, meant to keep the patients inside not out. The culprit/s are armed to the teeth with a plethora of weapons in their arsenal. Is the killer someone with a personal vendetta, or is it something more sinister...?

It looks like you're going to have to survive the night and find out or join the rising body count. Will you hide, run, fight back, save others or use them to your advantage? The choice is up to you.

SUMMARY.

Hello, idiot sandwich here! this is the first roleplay I've hosted on RPN, but I'm excited to bring it to you guys. Essentially this is inspired by all those slasher films (e.g., Friday the 13th, Scream, You're Next and Halloween) and games like Until Dawn, with your character/s starring in their own slasher film: YOU'RE INVITED.

While it is also explained in the rules, I want to reiterate this isn't just some 'game' where we roll dice. Call me a through and through psychology student, but I'm interested in the psyche of characters who will experience horrific and traumatic experiences that will challenge and change them. While death may occur, the focus is on the experience.

This is an interest check so if this gains enough traction expect a CS thread for applications and OOC chat (which will become a discord channel once applications are accepted). If you have any questions feel free to ask them below (after you've read everything of course).

RULES.

โœก This is a literate roleplay, and despite the plot, it is more about delving into the psyche of your character and the pure grit of trying to survive. This isn't a forum game where I roll a dice and say "you die", while rolls will be used, I want it to be more about the experience of navigating a slasher movie storyline. Therefore, the survival of your character is more based on their choices and skills. This means I don't want one sentence replies and a lack of spelling and grammar. My grammar isn't amazing but I should be able to read your posts without much hassle.

โœก While there may (gotta keep you guys guessing hehe) be supernatural themes present, I ask to keep it realistic in most instances. I love the cheesiness of horror movies โ€” which I encourage โ€” but realism is important as well.

โœก Themes are obviously dark, gritty and gory which means I expect you to be over the age of 18+, with it making myself and others feel more comfortable expressing and exploring such themes.

โœก Characters can and will die, a lot of NPCs will die; how and who is up to you and the choices you make. In terms of your characters, the possibility for them dying is moderate and heightens depending on risky choices (i.e., trying to fight back, save others, etc.).

โœก I will most likely be allowing up to 10 members, maybe more, but it will be based on applications.

โœก All normal forum rules apply so let's not break any rules in that regard.

โœก Disrespect and bullying towards other fellow roleplayers will NOT be tolerated.

CHARACTERS.

A proper character sheet will be provided in the future but a few details to keep in mind:

โœก Your character is a student at Miami University situated in Ohio and preferably 18 or older. It can be their first to last year or anything in between. In terms of their studies, that is entirely up to you!

โœก I would love for you to follow some horror movie character trope (e.g., "the stoner", "the nerd") but add to it and make them diverse, complex and unique.

โœก Multiple characters are welcome, but I would prefer that after the second character they are merely NPCs that you've created to flesh out your characters (e.g., friends, roommates, flings, dating or whatever you see fit). They are encouraged to be at the party and hopefully in the company of your main character/s.

โœก This will be discussed after the finalisation of members, but relations to other member's characters will be part of the plotting process.

โœก A realistic face claim is required!

code by leviathan. leviathan.

yes. absolutely. 100%

DUDE YOUR MIND ๐Ÿ‘€
im so down

wow this warms my heart to see so much interest! Iโ€™ll work on getting the cs page and ooc chat up today! ๐Ÿ˜Œ

in the mean time feel free to ask questions and bonus points to whoever can guess all the horror movies displayed in the gifs.

I'm interested. I'll probably get attached to my character and cry if they die though lol.

haha! well on that, the likelihood of characters dying is moderate, but mostly the dying will happen for NPCs and side characters since I want your characters to obviously experience all of it! but if ur characters continue to involve themselves in risky shit there will be repercussions...

will we be allowed multiple characters?

good question! for now I was thinking one to two MAIN characters, and then youโ€™re more then welcome to have as many side characters as you like. Iโ€™ll explain this in the cs thread, but essentially side characters are characters that will mainly follow your character around and you will not directly control/write for them. meaning if they stray away from your character or are separated I may take control of them and shenanigans may ensue!

haha! well on that, the likelihood of characters dying is moderate, but mostly the dying will happen for NPCs and side characters since I want your characters to obviously experience all of it! but if ur characters continue to involve themselves in risky shit there will be repercussions...

good question! for now I was thinking one to two MAIN characters, and then youโ€™re more then welcome to have as many side characters as you like. Iโ€™ll explain this in the cs thread, but essentially side characters are characters that will mainly follow your character around and you will not directly control/write for them. meaning if they stray away from your character or are separated I may take control of them and shenanigans may ensue!
Nah he'll probably be a weenie most of the time and do the safe thing. Unless he's backed into a corner or someone is in danger and he can realistically help.

wow this warms my heart to see so much interest! Iโ€™ll work on getting the cs page and ooc chat up today! ๐Ÿ˜Œ

in the mean time feel free to ask questions and bonus points to whoever can guess all the horror movies displayed in the gifs.
i know for sure the second one is from green room (suuuch a good movie omg) and the last one is from the cabin in the woods c;

i know for sure the second one is from green room (suuuch a good movie omg) and the last one is from the cabin in the woods c;

green room is so friggin good, such a hidden gem! also the cabin in the woods is such a cool concept and has a special place in my heart!

a hint is that the star of green room also stars in one of the others!

the ooc chat is up for any further questions, general chatter and stuff! ๐Ÿ˜Œ

ooc chat here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back