• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You're Gonna Die In There // Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Tommy Rhys

Tommy flushed red as the brother, Marc pointedly mentioned that his two sisters were single. That was good to know, but it was a little embarrassing for him to be put on the spot like that. Though he supposed it could be directed at Elle too, after all he knew nothing about her let alone the way she swings. His cheeks clouded with even more pink as, Sadie directed her next comment at him, but he plained it off with a cheeky smirk back in her direction. Just his luck that a completely attractive family would move in next door, not that he could complain. Waving and smiling as Sadie introduced him to her siblings, he responded to Sadie’s question about coffee. “Coffee sounds great, thank you” he loved coffee even though it probably wasn’t wise considering it was before noon and he was already on his second dose of caffeine. Might not hurt though… He also couldn’t imagine ever meeting and missing Elle, she had one of those faces that you just remember, and a style you couldn’t quite place as normal either.
Tommy almost thought he heard another person walking on the stairs, but when he turned he saw nothing. Assuming it was his mind playing tricks, he followed the family into the kitchen. As Tempest was speaking to Elle, and Marc to his other sister, he thought he would talk to Sadie a bit more. “So, what grade are you going into next year? Or did you graduate this year?” He casually asked, leaning relaxed against the doorframe as he awaited the response and the coffee.​

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"hello there! quote here"
[/div]

Willow was kind of high and ended up spacing out for a minute or two and then came back down to earth when people started flooding the kitchen. She didn't move from her stoop on the counter and looked at their two guests. She smiled and waved at them. "Hey, I'm WIllow." she said softly. She leaned down and lightly punched her little brother on the arm as he was getting down coffee cups for everyone. "Stop trying to set up our alien sisters with normal humans." She said with a slight chuckle. She hopped down and started helping get everyone, except Tempest, who had her shake, a cup of coffee. In reality Willow was the weird looking one, she was decently covered in tattoos and was the shortest of them all despite being the oldest, which she always joked that it wasn't fair. Plus side was her sisters never really could borrow her clothes..not that they'd want to, her wardrobe was lack luster compared to their she actually sometimes borrowed clothes from her brother.

Tags: Direct Timing Direct Timing apolla apolla LindsMagee LindsMagee copacetic copacetic
[/div]

large.jpg
Ella Joy Redford

Elle gave Marcus a small smile in response to the compliments. "Thank you. Ella Joy is just too long. My older sisters and I couldn't say it when we were little, so Elle just stuck," she responded. She was also thankful for the compliment on her clothes. When she was alive, she considered herself fairly stylish and she had quite a large wardrobe. It was something she missed. Not that she didn't like the present day's fashion, but she preferred her time period's. She was a bit stuck on when she had died. Sure, a lot of modern inventions are great, especially the internet (she liked to use it to keep track of her family and Ruth), but she just wished she actually got to experience everything in her life.

"Coffee would be nice," she said as she absentmindedly ran her fingers through her hair, brushing where her head met the corner of the table the night she died. It was just a few inches above her right ear. This was a habit she had picked up on over the years, but she never seemed to notice she was doing it. Occasionally, she would slip into a confused state where things didn't make sense and she had trouble speaking properly. Her ears would ring and her eyesight would change. It was like she was suffering from her injury all over again. She never felt the pain, she hadn't felt it when she died either, shock probably took care of that. It didn't happen often, but when she had an episode, she would retreat to the attic so she could be alone. Irritability was probably part of the episode, but it was likely compounded by her anger and sadness about her own death.

When Giovanni entered the room after them, she gave a slight nod of her head in acknowledgement. Enough so he would notice, but small enough for the others to not think anything of it. Elle waved off Tempest's apology. "Oh, don't worry about it. Moving is so hectic. I don't think I said hello to my neighbors in college until I was unpacked either," she responded. Aside form college, and death of course, Elle had always lived in the same house, so she couldn't relate as much. "Who wouldn't love it? I always wished I could move to a beautiful house," she replied. She turned to Willow when she introduced herself. "Nice to meet you, Willow. Is there just four of you? Or is there another one of you hiding somewhere?" she asked. She knew that there were only four children as she had been observing them, but she couldn't let that on. She admired the girl's tattoos. Tattoos were not nearly as common in Elle's time, in fact she never even considered getting one. But, as time went on, she noticed them growing in popularity. They could be quite beautiful, but they would be another thing Elle would always have to admire from afar.

589290Aito barely so much as acknowledged Giovanni as he slowly walked up the stairs to have a look around. He was in pain and bleeding again. Once on the landing he walked through each room, taking his time going through their personal things. He found a tin in one of the rooms, perhaps it was the boy's bedroom. It had the colors of the French flag on it and the Eiffel tower. He opened it up and looked in. There was a folded note in there. Aito carefully unfolded the note and read it. His eyes became misty and he sat on the floor. There would be time to deal with what happened to him. It was always a white American family that moved into this house...at least it seemed that way. And weren't they so privileged. His own death had meant nothing to the locals. No one here mourned him. He was just a side not in the local paper. Mr. Lansing had told the police it was self defense and he made up the whole story about how Aito had come to avenge his grandparents. The old bastard had even showed the police the picture of his grandparents. How dare they touch it. He knew word had reached his family in Japan for they called a week after the murder. They actually thought the story was true and even apologized for Aito's 'actions'. They told Mr. Lansing how Aito had brought shame to their family and that is what really hurt. They thought no more to look into this murder than just accept it as fact and the burden of shame that Aito allegedly brought upon them.

That story did not bare well for other Asians in the community either. Other Asian's had been hurt or persecuted the following year. It was a long time before things settled down after that. That wasn't fair, wasn't right. Now, with the new residents, maybe there would be another type of persecution. No, An understanding. An understanding of the injustice that was had at Aito's expense. He had died alone, helpless as Mr. Lansing stood over him smiling while Aito bled out. His bloody hand reaching for the floor to crawl away. Nails digging deep into the wooden floor to pull his body away from the madman. But his body grew weak. And then- "NO!" Aito yelled, his eyes flooding with tears. Aito stood up wiping at his face. He looked at the note one more time and then folded it back up and put it in his pocket. He stealthily made his way back down the stairs and then stopped after the last step. Blood was running down the front of his shirt and pants. There were crimson droplets on each step of the stairs where he had walked. Not something the new residents would see, but the others would. Aito slowly looked towards the kitchen. He could hear them talking, asking questions of each other about things that no longer mattered to Aito. His eyes moved to the floor and he stood silent for a moment. A small pool of blood collected at the base of his feet, but Aito took no notice of it. Most likely no one would have seen him, but they may have heard him yelling. It mattered not. Aito made his way back down to the quiet of the basement.

Interactions: AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal

Mentions: apolla apolla LindsMagee LindsMagee copacetic copacetic

Last edited:
Mercedes
In the kitchen, Sadie didn't say anything to Willow, though she was silently grateful for the girls help in making and distributing coffee. With her own large cup cradled carefully in her hands, she turned to lean against the counter and look around the room at everyone gathered. Maybe, just maybe, this move wouldn't be as terrible as she'd thought. Tommy was nice to look at, for sure, and Elle had to have some clothes Sadie could borrow.

Hmmm.

Sipping at the vanilla flavored liquid, Sadie lowered her cup after a moment to answer Tommy's question. "I'll be a senior this year. What about you? Have you graduated yet? How's the school around here? What about the social scene?" And there was your typical Sadie. Firing off question after question, barely giving you a chance to breathe. "What's there to do for fun around here?" She looked around, trying to make it clear that anyone could answer.

Mood: sociable

Tags: Marcus ( Direct Timing Direct Timing ); Tommy ( LindsMagee LindsMagee ); Elle ( copacetic copacetic ); Tempest ( LindsMagee LindsMagee ); Willow ( AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal )
tenor.gif
code by apolla apolla

589374Although being elbowed by Tempest didn't hurt, he did laugh. As Marcus got down the last of the coffee cups he felt Willow's punch and he almost dropped the cup he was holding onto. "Hey!" He said setting down the cup and he poked her in the side with his finger to tickle her. "But they must procreate in order to take over the earth!" After Willow filled the cups and passed them out Marcus sipped his his cup of coffee and then looked at Tommy. "And Willow here also has a free schedule when it comes to a boyfriend. Although she did run her last one off." He held his hand to the side of his mouth so Willow couldn't see, "She wouldn't give him any." Marcus whispered, though Willow could probably still hear him. He took another sip innocently looking at her. Sadie had asked a bunch of questions of Tommy, clearly she was taking some interest in him. The girls would undoubtedly bash their guests with questions so Marcus just listened for a bit.

He was still feeling high, but the trippy affects seemed to be waning and he felt more stable than he did a few minutes ago. He stared at Elle for a moment. She was pretty and her mannerisms were calm and collected, the exact opposite of what Marcus was.

Interactions: apolla apolla AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal LindsMagee LindsMagee

Tommy Rhys

“I’ll be a senior this year too. The school is a typical highschool, but sports around here are everything, and the social scene is the jocks and whoever looks good are the popular ones if I’m going to be honest. But there are a lot of really cool people more off the grid too.” He added in, thinking about his friends. “For fun around here there isn’t much to do unless there’s are party or some other event” Tommy responded with a shrug. He took a cup of coffee from the girls and started to drink it, loving the rush caffeine gave him. It was a bit sweeter than he’d usually prefer, but it would do. The last sister that he met was one with tattoos scaling her arms, a stark contrast from the artless arms of her siblings. As Marcus began to tell Tommy about how his third sister was also single, Tommy laughed, especially when he said the last part toward him but loud enough for Willow to hear. This would be an interesting bunch. Nearing his last sips of coffee, Tommy sighed. He would probably have to head back soon and he needed to remind himself that this was only temporary, most people didn’t stay in this house more than a few months. Though it was good to have company now, he would most-likely be alone again in a few months from now.​

Tempest

Sipping absentmindedly on her smoothie, Tempest jumped when a noise from upstairs started her. It sounded as if someone had yelled, but after looking around the kitchen it seemed like no one else had noticed it and every person in the house was in the kitchen. That was odd. Chalking it down to being anxiety about moving, Tempest politely excused herself from the group and slipped away, needing some space from all of the people. Who was she kidding, trying to tell herself that she wasn’t anxious about the move and how it screwed with her college and summer planning. She already went on a run today, so she decided that to relax she would grab one of the books she just bought and read it until she was too immersed in that world to feel nerves about the real one. After grabbing the book and a blanket, Tempest sat in the library room. It had a reading nook just under the big window in the room providing comfort and natural light. Now this she could get used to. At first, she felt bad about leaving the guests so quickly, but her siblings had been getting along well. Soon enough, she was lost in the book without a care in the world.​

large.jpg
Ella Joy Redford

It took a lot for Elle to not react to Aito's yell. She knew something had to have happened to cause him to do that, especially since he was usually so quiet. She would have to ask him about it. Although, that may be difficult because he doesn't talk to her often. She glanced at Giovanni to see what he was going to do. She wasn't sure if they were close or not. Relationships were weird once you were dead. She nodded when Tempest excused herself from the group.

Elle listened as Sadie questioned Tommy. "I'm no help in the fun department, I usually am home all the time. My work keeps me busy," she said, lying about her reason. It's not like she could tell her that she's stuck on their property for possibly forever. She turned towards Marcus as he didn't seem to already be talking to someone. "So, where did you move here from?" she asked. She wasn't quite sure where they came from, just that they were unhappy to move there.

She drank her coffee. She wondered how it worked since she was dead. She could still touch things, eat, drink, etc. but where did it go? It's not like her organs were functioning to process the coffee. Elle wasn't even sure why she was stuck here or if she would ever be able to move on. She knew her parents were dead by now, along with one of her sisters. Did they know she was stuck? Were they stuck where they were too? Being dead didn't answer any of the questions she had when she was alive, it just gave her more questions.

Mercedes
Sadie couldn't help but flash another smile in Tommy's direction. "Well, fellow senior, I guess we'll be seeing alot of each other in a few months." She set her coffee cup down. To be fair, although she loved the beverage, she hated coffee breath and would likely brush her teeth again as soon as their visitors left. If she didn't excuse herself before.

"Sports and parties, hmm?" She leaned against the counter, watching Tempest with a slight frown as she slipped out of the room. "Maybe we should throw one. A party, I mean. We have the space for it, after all, and the time. Think you guys can help us with the guest list?" She turned towards Tommy and Elle, already feeling herself getting rather excited at the prospect of socializing.

Mood: sociable

Tags: Marcus ( Direct Timing Direct Timing ); Tommy ( LindsMagee LindsMagee ); Elle ( copacetic copacetic ); Tempest ( LindsMagee LindsMagee ); Willow ( AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal )
tenor.gif
code by apolla apolla

591199Marcus watched Tempest leave. He wondered if she was ok. He saw her jump at the noise which seemingly came from somewhere else in the house. It looked like everyone was accounted for? Marcus rolled his eyes at Sadie's comment about the guest list. "Jesus Sadie, were not here a few days and you already want to have a party?" He sat his coffee down and laughed. "Oh, well, might be fun, meet some of the local yokels, so to speak, uh no offense." Marcus said looking back to Elli and Tommy. "I guess wasn't expecting to be thrust into Maryland's upper crust so quickly. I'll leave it to you two fine young high schoolers to work out the details." Marcus put his hand on Sadie's shoulder as we walked by her. "Just try to make sure they're not all jocks" Marcus whispered. "Elli, would you like to see the rest of the house? Not that I've seen much of it myself..." Marcus smiled at her holding out his arm like a gentleman. Of course having a party might be cool, or it might just be an annoyance. Maybe he would meet some cool kids. "Willow, make sure Sadie doesn't get out of hand." Marcus said on his way out of the kitchen.

Interactions: apolla apolla LindsMagee LindsMagee copacetic copacetic AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
[/div]

Willow was pretty excited that they could possibly be making some friends, or at least her siblings were. Willow was still super high but she jumped a little when she thought she heard a yell. After hearing it she got this weird vibe from the whole house, she had some goosebumps. No one really seemed to acknowledge it except for Tempest, she exited the room quietly, she wondered if it was because of the noise. She waited a few moments and pulled out her phone and texted tempest. "Hey Tempie, you okay? If you're having some anxiety you know you're welcome to my stash, feel better booger." She put her phone away and turned her attention back to her guests. Marcus offered to show Elle the house, which she didn't mind, she chuckled at Marcus's comment. "Sadie?? Get out of hand? Nooo." She said sarcastically. "I think throwing a party would be a good idea, it will give a chance to get to know our neighbors better..." She hopped off the counter and made herself another cup of coffee and waved at Sadie and Tommy. "I'll leave you guys be, I think my bed is calling me...nice to meet you." Willow walked up to her room and sat on her bed, she put on her Alice Cooper record and smoked another blunt while sipping on her coffee. She hoped they would all make some friends.

Tags: Direct Timing Direct Timing apolla apolla LindsMagee LindsMagee copacetic copacetic
[/div]

[/div]

Giovanni jumped slightly when he heard Aito yell. He peeked into the stairway from the kitchen and saw Aito full of blood, there wasn't really anything Giovanni could do...the poor guy was already dead. Giovanni just frowned sympathetically at him and ducked back into the kitchen. He looked at Elle and frowned slightly. After people were starting to disperse Giovanni needed to do something physical or he was going to lose his mind. He nodded towards Elle as he made is way out to the back of the house, he figured splitting some wood would not only help the new tenants but would make him feel better. He grabbed the axe out of the shed and grabbed some logs of wood and set one up to be chopped. He took his shirt off, wearing his work pants and boots. He started chopping the logs of wood.

After about five minutes of chopping the wood he started panting slightly and wedged the axe in one of the pieces of wood and leaned his arm against it. He looked up at the house and saw one of the sisters reading in the window. He watched her for awhile studying her. He made himself visible while being outside it made him feel better. He was trying to remember what her name was...Tempest? Yeah. He smiled softly, she was really pretty, the others sisters were also retty but Tempest had a certain air about her that he liked. He sighed and started chopping wood again.

Tags: LindsMagee LindsMagee Direct Timing Direct Timing apolla apolla copacetic copacetic
[/div]

Tempest

After being immersed in her book for quite sometime, Tempest became aware of a receptive noise from outside and the feeling that someone spotted her reading. Looking up, she met the yes of a guy chopping wood. He was handsome…handsome and shirtless, and looked around her age. Flushing slightly, Tempest gave him a warm smile and folded her book in her lap. The back porch was near the library, so she could easily go meet the guy. Her earlier anxiety was decreased after reading alone, and she thought it would be polite to introduce herself. After picking her book up and finishing the chapter, Tempest headed outside. Slightly nervous, Tempest walked onto the back porch and leaned over the railing. He was chopping wood again, and Tempest observed for a few seconds before speaking up. Her train of though stopped running and all that came out of her mouth was a shy “Hey” and a soft smile.

AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal

large.jpg
Ella Joy Redford

Elle smiled and took Marcus's arm. "Of course, lead the way,"she laughed. The reality was there wasn't an inch of the house that she hasn't seen. Maybe this "tour" would make the house seem more interesting. She caught Giovanni's frown and she knew that Aito was probably going through something rough. She acknowledged Giovanni as he left the room. When she stepped out into the hallway, she saw the trail of blood Aito left as he walked from the upstairs back to the basement. She made sure to step over it, despite knowing that it wasn't going to be tracked throughout the house. It was little habits like that that reminded Audrey what it was like to be alive. Your presence and actions had more consequences.

"So where are we going first?" she asked as he led the way. She wondered what would happen at the party and if anything would go wrong. She used to love parties when she was alive, a little too much maybe. That is, until she died at one. She had a feeling the house had a role to play in her death, so she was a bit wary of the parties thrown in the house. She hasn't been to a party since, avoiding them whenever the residents would have them. But this time, it was probably going to be expected that she show up. "So, did you guys throw a lot of parties before you moved here?" she wondered. She wanted to know if she should expect parties to be a regular occurrance.

592221"To the living room." Marcus said holding his head up high in a very regal manner. As they walked out of the kitchen he immediately led Eli to the living room. There were some open boxes of pictures and other decor in them. The TV was still sitting on the floor next to the dark cherry entertainment center. The couch, coffee table, and recliner were haphazardly arranged in a semi circle around the boxes. "So it looks like the girls are waiting on me to get all of this shit setup." Marcus took an overview of the situation. "Maybe tomorrow." He led Eli to the library.

"This is the library, you'll notice that most of these books are from circa 2010 to current. We can thank my sister Tempest for that. She's a very avid reader." Marcus suddenly stopped in his tracks and snapped his fingers. "I'm terribly sorry. You asked me where we moved from didn't you? Baltimore." He saw that Tempest was leaning over the railing out the back porch. He heard her talking to someone. He wondered who it was. Perhaps another neighbor? After he gave Eli a moment to look around he led her up stairs and showed her their bedrooms and bathrooms. There was a trail of blood droplets going into and coming out of each bedroom and bathroom. Marcus's own room was still a wreck and it reeked of pot. There was a huge pool of blood on the floor near Marcus's bed but Marcus himself seemed oblvious to it. Marcus cleared his throat. "And this is my room, as if you probably couldn't tell. You know, it seems like the realtor had told us that there was a basement in this house? I haven't seen it yet. Wonder what's down there?" He smiled at Eli. "Wanna find out?"

Interactions: copacetic copacetic

Mentions: LindsMagee LindsMagee

Last edited:
large.jpg
Ella Joy Redford

Elle was always unnerved in the living room. Her eyes drifted to the spot where she died. If one looked hard enough, they would be able to see the faint remainder of the blood stain she left behind. Elle would never forget watching Ruth sob as she attempted to scrub the stain away, never getting it to fully disappear. She distracted herself by looking at the pictures that were out in the open. “Well, you better get on that. You don’t want to know what boredom can lead to,” she said ominously, yet jokingly.

Elle grinned as she was led to the library. “This is wonderful. She’ll have to give me some recommendations. I probably have hundreds of pre 2010’s, mostly pre 2000’s books that I can recommend to her. Although, I do see some classics,” she said excitedly, running her fingers over the spines of the books. She was definitely looking forward to borrowing from the library. It’s been a while since they had a resident that truly appreciated reading. “Baltimore. Interesting. I went there once, but I was only 11, so I can’t really remember it,” she stated as they left the room. She continued to avoid the ghostly blood on the floor. She gave Marcus a knowing look when they had gotten to his room. “Allergies?” she laughed.

She had been to the basement plenty of times, but definitely not as frequently as the attic, which was her regular “haunt”. She knew Aito had made his way back to the basement, but that could prove useful. She couldn’t resist a good spook. She liked Marcus, but she definitely could not resist scaring him at least a little. That was her job, right? She gave Marcus a mischievous look. “Let’s check it out. Can’t hurt to look,” she agreed. She stepped out of the room, waiting for Marcus to take the lead.

interactions: Direct Timing Direct Timing mentions: AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal

592812"I don't know what boredom can do?" Marcus smirked. "I assure you, I know all to well..." He left it at that as he walked with Elli around the house. "Oh I'm sure Tempest would love to share her collection with someone. So you've been to Baltimore, the city of an all important sea port. I miss it." Marcus said and kept walking. When Elli mentioned 'allergies' Marcus giggled. "You might say that, yeah." Marcus looked around and saw that his Parisian tin had been moved and the top was off of it. What he couldn't see were the bloody fingerprints that were all over the tin. "What the fuck?" He said underneath his breath. He picked up the tin and then looked around his bed and underneath it. "Fuck!" Marcus pulled the covers off of his bed and and when he didn't find what he was looking for he ran his fingers through his long hair. "I know I put it back in there." He heard what Elli was saying but now his thoughts were strictly focused on something that was missing. Then a name came to his mind. "Tempest...Goddammit Tempest." Marcus looked up at Elli. "Sorry, I think my sister may have taken something personal she shouldn't have and now I'm going to have to ask her about this..." His excitement about the basement was fading. "Uhm, yeah, let me just go ask Tempest about this." Marcus held up the Parisian tin.

Interactions: copacetic copacetic

Mentions: LindsMagee LindsMagee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back