TV & Film Your thoughts on this swarm of live action movies we're getting?

nice

the last ten minutes i just spent calming myself down from emotional hijinx is now futile as i refall into depression due to the reminder of the fact that nothing has a soul anymore

sorry i'm just not having a good existence right now don't take anything i write right now seriously

The Netflix Jungle Book titled Mowgli: Legend of The Jungle was amazing. That whole team knew what they were doing. I strongly recommend it to everyone suffering through this dark chapter of cinema history.

also please leave my marvel movies alone i want to still be able to enjoy them without having existential thoughts about whether i really do enjoy them

again sorry i'm really not in a great mood right now and this cynical melting pot of reality is not what i need

I'm so sorry, but they are highly marketed, meticulously manipulative films for children and people who could care less about actual Marvel characters and stories. That's really the whole point, to get in the pockets of people who would never have purchased a comic before 2008. They are written so poorly it makes my brain ache. The castings alone are enough to make me throw up in my mouth.

Let me at least defend that, since it does sound harsh.

Chris Evans is a great actor, but is he a good Steve Rogers? Not if you read comics. Steve is an old world man, key word being man. He's a man who generations of boys looked up to as a classic father figure. Chris is a few years older than me. But that's where Disney is genius. They cast a beloved actor that young boys can look up to as their father figure, and their dads can see themselves in.

Just genius from a marketing perspective.

Some of them I like, like Detective Pikachu, but when it comes to the live action remakes, Disney is basically ruined my childhood. I'm not even going to see the Dora movie, it's just Dora the Explorer but grown up.

A total waste of time is what I'd call 90% of them, they are just easy cash grabs by imaginatively bankrupt corporate entities and further degrade the legacy of the original animations.

It's all about the $$$
Much beloved, well known, stories are going to draw in crowds.
It's guaranteed income because nostalgia is a powerful thing and, if nothing else, people want to witness the butchering of things they love in a way that lets them say "the original was so much better." And that's aside from the people that watch them with full throttle excitement at seeing something they love be translated into a different format.

It's worked on me, even though I still hands down prefer the originals in all cases (although I did actually enjoy Beauty and the Beast... I seem to be a minority in that).

It's not just old Disney animations either... out of the massive amount of movies pumped out every year I can only think of a tiny handful that were fully original and not based on some existing piece of work (whether it be a reboot of a movie, adaptation of a book, etc.).

And saying "they have no original ideas anymore" is a complete lie--don't believe it. They're just not PAYING for original ideas because an original idea is a gamble. Adapting something with an existing fanbase, however, guarantees an audience.

It's bullshit, I hate it, and I make a special point of going to see movies with original screenplays in theaters when they come out (and if the synopsis doesn't seem like total garbage). Only way to make a change is to vote with the almighty dollar by spending it on what you wish to see more of.

I'm kind of weirded out by how there has been (and, looking at their schedule, will continue to be) a live action remake from Disney coming out every few months. Like, there was Dumbo in March, Aladdin in May, The Lion King in July.. and I also don't know who is asking for these, either? It seemed like (with the exception of the Lion King) these movies dropped and then no one had anything to say about them except that they were kinda meh. I didn't even know there was a Dumbo remake that came out this year, this is how little anyone talked about it..I guess this is what we have to look forward to, though, since Disney is inevitably going to take over everything.

in conclusion: don't go to any of the new live action movies, just stay home and watch into the spiderverse instead

Yes but what is horrible is that disney only cares about money and it caused sony to take spiderman back
So who knows how its gonna be fixed also
Disney plus is going to have live action lady and the tramp, remake of home alone, remake of diary of a wimpy kid, noelle movie.
Pocahontas 2 live action.
Sony list of movie:
Aunt may the movie
Morbius
Policeman that shot at rhino
Uncle ben the movie.
Why is sony making these horrible titles except for morbius because that one sounds ok the others are worse

One that strikes me as especially ill-advised is Akira. I just don't see how they're gonna do the mutation scene.

I really miss some good animated movies , into the spider verse was amazing

> Be Disney
> Like money
> Need more money
> Remake all your old movies as live action
> Make tons of money
> Everyone else sees this and copies Disney

A brief history.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of them. Disney is apparently doing a live action Lady and the Tramp. When I heard that, I died on the inside. So, my opinion on this is they're not for me, in fact I really don't see the point of them. They're taking things that weren't broken and trying to "fix" them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back