Other Your guilty pleasure series?

I have literally only watched the parody version of it, 50% Off
It's absolute gold I love it
...never seen Free though haha

The parody is what got me into the anime. XD It's so good. But Free on the other hand is really bad when it comes to sports/ slice of life anime. Haikyuu is much better. As is Yuri on Ice.

The parody is what got me into the anime. XD It's so good. But Free on the other hand is really bad when it comes to sports/ slice of life anime. Haikyuu is much better. As is Yuri on Ice.
Awww too bad Free isn't as good at 50% Off. I think I'll stick to the parody then. Gangster Nagisa is an absolute legend lol

my guilty pleasure anime would have to be Inuyasha. I have some episode memories, which is crazy, and as non-Japanese person, I can sing then entirety of the opening and closing songs. There was something about that anime at really glued me into the whole fantasy and feudal era time. Ranma 1/2 is also hilarious! Rumiko Takahashi is on of my favourite people! currently reading her new manga Mao.

Dr. Phil, Family Guy and over the top dramas like 'A Discovery of Witches.'

Wildly entertaining. They're all incredibly contrived and ridiculous, but I love them XD
Dr. Phil makes me feel better about my life.
Family Guy makes me feel better about my sense of humour.
And shows like 'A Discovery of Witches' (or others of that ilk like True Blood etc.) just tickle the stupid, uncritical, girlish side of me that likes these ridiculously sappy romance fests.

Love LOVE love Jersey Shore & Love After Lockup. Aside from that it’s pretty basic- Greys Anatomy / evil (highly recommend btw) / This is Us/ Law & Order SVU

Isekai stuff.
Thought it would get old by now but no. Terrible writing means nothing when you are a hopeless power fantasy junkie.

I am a grown man who watches minecraft let's play videos. I cannot stop. I do not know if this even counts or not, but it is true. I have no idea why I find it entertaining, but I keep watching them. I have kept this a secret up until now.

Dr. Phil, Family Guy and over the top dramas like 'A Discovery of Witches.'

Wildly entertaining. They're all incredibly contrived and ridiculous, but I love them XD
Dr. Phil makes me feel better about my life.
Family Guy makes me feel better about my sense of humour.
And shows like 'A Discovery of Witches' (or others of that ilk like True Blood etc.) just tickle the stupid, uncritical, girlish side of me that likes these ridiculously sappy romance fests.
Ack a discovery of witches just kills me. The romance of it 😍

Danberu nan kilo moteru? Aka How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?

I'm into power lifting already and its just ecchi trash where cute girls work out and lift weight.
But it actually has some really good advice and teaches proper form (especially the anime) and puts a good blend of comedy and actual teaching together to the point where a reader could go into a gym and not make a fool of themselves.

Plus the OP and ED are catchy as HELL

Oh man I just watched a guilty pleasure. Sarazanmai. If you know what it is than you know what I am saying. Bizarre sex innuendos and occasional creepy sexual tension. Not to mention I am a straight dude and the show is fairly homo erotic in subtext... well it really isn't that subtextual, but hey, japan says it is acceptable for children so...

... Tangled: the series.

Is this a kids’ show with ‘plot twists’ that you can see coming ten miles away? Yes, yes it is. Do I watch it because the protagonist is my third favorite Disney Princess & I find the art extremely pleasing to the eye? Yes, yes I do. Did I start watching it because I listened to ‘Ready as I’ll ever be’ on repeat, until I got sick of it? Absolutely.

Probably Reign. I’m a history buff, a historical fashion buff, and a fan of Mary, Queen of Scots. Still, i found myself watching and enjoying it, more out of curiosity of what would happen next. And unlike a lot of historically inaccurate movies and shows, it doesn’t claim to be accurate, so that was appreciated.

H2O: Just Add Water. I started watching the vastly inferior (in my opinion) sequel series, Mako Mermaids, on Netflix while alone and bored in my grandparent's house on vacation while everyone else went out to eat. I knew it was pretty dumb, but for some reason I couldn't stop watching, and kept sneaking off to odd corners of the house to go and watch it. 😂 After a while I started watching it with my sisters, and once we were finished, we discovered the original H2O, which we enjoyed much more. Honestly, I think Rikki is the only reason we stuck with the show at all. The whole mermaid thing is quite an odd choice for a teen girl fantasy, if you think about it; no one seems to learn their lessons, and the plot mainly consists of stupid drama... but at the same time there's something weirdly compelling about it? Maybe it's the whole "secret club" aspect, maybe it's how campy and over-the-top it is, or maybe we're all just here for Rikki's snarky one-liners. Who knows?

If I like it I like it, no one and nothing will make me feel guilty about liking it. My preferences are mine and mine alone. If someone has a problem with what i like that Is their problem, not mine.

If I like it I like it, no one and nothing will make me feel guilty about liking it. My preferences are mine and mine alone. If someone has a problem with what i like that Is their problem, not mine.

Kudos to you for being so confident, but "guilty pleasure" is really just a figure of speech, and doesn't necessarily entail feeling guilty about what you enjoy. For confirmation I looked it it up, and the official definition is "something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard". So it's something that you feel isn't considered highbrow media by most people, but that you nonetheless find enjoyable. No mention of guilt there. 🙂

Kudos to you for being so confident, but "guilty pleasure" is really just a figure of speech, and doesn't necessarily entail feeling guilty about what you enjoy. For confirmation I looked it it up, and the official definition is "something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard". So it's something that you feel isn't considered highbrow media by most people, but that you nonetheless find enjoyable. No mention of guilt there. 🙂
Then over half the shit I watch would be a "guilty pleasure".

Hm. Not sure which ones of these really count as guilty pleasures, but I'm mostly just listing easy-to-watch show that I have, do, can and will watch over and over and still enjoy:

-Goodness Gracious Me
-3rd Rock from the Sun
-Friends
-Charmed
-30 Rock
-Winx Club~

Sword Art Online. It's complete garbage, between the main character being the go-to example of a Mary Sue, the villains all being either one-note or sex predators (sometimes both), and the weird not-quite-a-harem, but I just kept watching, for some reason. Like, I can't tell if I'm hate-watching or watching unironically half the time. But I never felt inclined to quit.

At least until the current season. It's three episodes in by now and they're still handing out exposition. I might actually find the willpower to stop watching if no one dies next week.

I start the series when I was still in the Middle School year, but I like GANTZ by Oku Hiroya. Basic plot point of the Manga is about some people who have died somehow returned back to life and they found out that they were now in the middle of 'hunting' game where they need to hunt Alien to keep surviving, it doesn't really help the series is filled with Gore, Sexual Reference, Fanservice, and straight up mindless action while trying to become a deep series where every human beings are actually trashy bastard. The most latter part doesn't really hold true though because there are some decent people among the cast of GANTZ.

It was your straight-up all galore and edgy that you could expect from a Seinen/Adult Manga.

Ironically, around the time I start my High School year, I get caught up with another Manga created by the same author, it was INUYASHIKI and the plot was about an old man who life depressing life suddenly get the big changes of his life while having catharsis moment from all of the pressure and his nearing dying moment. Something that seems to be Alien Spaceship whatnot fall down at him and recreates his whole being as Cyborg, the old man then proceed to learn about his power and determined to become someone who would help people as much as he can, but ironically, he's not alone when the Alien Spaceship crash because there's young man there at the same moment and become same cyborg as the old man and he decide to use his newfound power to murder people because it's helps him feeling 'human'.

The feels more or less same with GANTZ, but this one shows off a bit of Superhero-esque story from it. I can't really recommend any of them to your usual Manga reader because of the content, but I am enjoying my time while reading them while most people just say that both of the series are trash.

Mine is The king's game. It's such a bad anime yet so much fun to watch. It's even better when the creator of the anime named the main character after himself. It's like a self insert!

Plus the opening is generally good.

Well Now that MLP is over (For now at least) I'm currently binge/cringe watching the ENTIRE Thomas The Tank Engine shows. Yeah.... I'm also in my late teens which makes it even weirder. However I AM planning on writing a private novel about the '50s and its art design 'invading' (for lack of a better term) into the island.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back